PDA

View Full Version : What bugs have been found in Phantasy Star Universe *revised

JettaBlaze
Jun 11, 2006, 12:22 AM
I thought that it would be useful for us to start a thread of bugs that have been found during the Japanese version beta test of PSU to make sure that they aren't also found in the US revisions. Eventually, US beta testers will recieve their copies of PSU and I thought it would be helpful if the PSO-World community could help contribute to making the US version a bug free quality product.

What bugs have you found that need to be fixed?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JettaBlaze on 2006-08-30 22:49 ]</font>

With the recent release of the Japanese version of PSU, it may be useful to revive this thread to help minimize the amount of bugs in the game before the US revision is finalized. Although importers will not have access to test US localization / translation revisions at this time, any other found technically related bugs could help contribute to the quality of the final US release.

Have any importers found any serious bugs in the game? Most importantly, since many people will be critical about the online gameplay, has anyone found any bugs in the Online portion of the game? Any crashes? Any exploits or cheats? Missing features? Out of bounds areas? Areas for characters to get stuck? ID creation problems? Character creation problems? Errors in the lobbies? Errors joining parties? Chat problems? Graphic problems? Sound problems? Cut scene problems? Missing objects? Peripheral compatibility problems? Connection problems? Anything and everything could be helpful, not only for the upcoming US release, but for future online patches for the existing Japanese release as well.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JettaBlaze on 2006-08-30 22:50 ]</font>

PrinceBrightstar
Jun 11, 2006, 02:24 AM
the most major bug was a problem where if you had music turned off (for a custom sound track) bosses wouldn't load.

Tycho
Jun 11, 2006, 02:28 AM
I think the only 'bug' in the beta was that at the start they had forgotten to disable the last-stage PM evolutions, which then got changed in an update. I haven't heard of any real bugs though.

DarthTyranus
Jun 12, 2006, 05:09 AM
It would be a pretty good idea to warn players about possible bugs before they play, I reckon.

Lyrise
Jun 12, 2006, 08:21 AM
Some other bugs I've encountered but have already been fixed are double item use (where you'd end up using 2 items on one use, even though you'd still get the effect of both items; it still got annoying for items like zodiaride), and one which inolved the outpost warper NPC. Basically what would happen is that you could be solo and you were pretty much free to warp to any post you wanted to, as opposed to have to be in party, and at least one member at the specified field lobby. (Though I do admit I did take advantage of this when it was still possible, it was useful not having to run through the plains when heading for the relics on Parum)

Mewn
Jun 12, 2006, 01:10 PM
Not sure if it was lag or a bug (or both) but there were times where while trying to obtain the result of an Item Synthesis from my PM (before seeing if it succeeds or fails) nothing happens and the item just vanishes. I never got to see if it succeeded or failed.

Lyrise
Jun 12, 2006, 01:16 PM
On 2006-06-12 11:10, Stormspear wrote:
Not sure if it was lag or a bug (or both) but there were times where while trying to obtain the result of an Item Synthesis from my PM (before seeing if it succeeds or fails) nothing happens and the item just vanishes. I never got to see if it succeeded or failed.

That may or may not be a bug. Did you wait out the build time? Because if you didn't and you went ahead to obtain some item, you'll only get some of your components back, as opposed to the item. Or perhaps it was the leftover byproduct of a failed attempt. Other than reading the item itself, there's no other indicator that clues you in that your synthesis failed.

Why I bring it up - I read the closed beta boards fairly regularly, most of them list bugs that were fixed within the next patch, or the next day depending on where the problem lies. I've never seen any reports that item synth was bugging out.

JettaBlaze
Aug 31, 2006, 12:45 AM
With the recent release of the Japanese version of PSU, it may be useful to revive this thread to help minimize the amount of bugs in the game before the US revision is finalized. Although importers will not have access to test US localization / translation revisions at this time, any other found technically related bugs could help contribute to the quality of the final US release.

Have any importers found any serious bugs in the game? Most importantly, since many people will be critical about the online gameplay, has anyone found any bugs in the Online portion of the game? Any crashes? Any exploits or cheats? Missing features? Out of bounds areas? Areas for characters to get stuck? ID creation problems? Character creation problems? Errors in the lobbies? Errors joining parties? Chat problems? Graphic problems? Sound problems? Cut scene problems? Missing objects? Peripheral compatibility problems? Connection problems? Anything and everything could be helpful, not only for the upcoming US release, but for future online patches for the existing Japanese release as well.