PDA

View Full Version : I'm guessing there won't be any guilds?

Marks
Jun 11, 2006, 01:04 AM
Nothing like linkshells/guilds? I always like these types of organizations, but I have feeling this game will be better without them anyway.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Marks on 2006-06-10 23:04 ]</font>

Saner
Jun 11, 2006, 03:25 AM
people will still form clans since partner cards still offer some uses.

although there are no private clan channels, members can just relay information through private messages and meet in person.

Kyuu
Jun 11, 2006, 08:32 AM
I imagine there will be a function rather like the "teams" in PSO BB.

Ryna
Jun 11, 2006, 08:40 AM
In Closed Beta, there were no formal concepts of clans or guilds.

Fou
Jun 11, 2006, 08:57 AM
If they ever make a VS I guess guilds would be useful then but guilds just use to be people who were friends with anyhow.

RoninJoku
Jun 11, 2006, 10:19 AM
On 2006-06-11 06:32, Kyuu wrote:
I imagine there will be a function rather like the "teams" in PSO BB.

If i'm not mistaken, this was asked in one of the early interviews about the game (maybe EGM?), and Sonic Team said that there would be no system akin to the team system of BB...

Unfortunately I suppose...

Tystys
Jun 11, 2006, 12:36 PM
Why the hell not? that doesn't make any sense...

-Klaus-
Jun 11, 2006, 12:58 PM
Ah, it'd be awesome to have clans/guilds, I think. o,o

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Klaus- on 2006-06-11 10:59 ]</font>

kassy
Jun 11, 2006, 01:17 PM
For me, teams in BB promoted segregation on the US Blue Burst, I didn't like it.

It's still very easy to form non formal "clans" imo, just like we've done since the Dreamcast, collect guild/partner cards and assigning a meeting place.

Members/Leaders could relay announcements through mail/PMs, as you can now send a single mail to multiple players at one time.

Kyuu
Jun 11, 2006, 01:29 PM
On 2006-06-11 08:19, RurouniJoku wrote:

If i'm not mistaken, this was asked in one of the early interviews about the game (maybe EGM?), and Sonic Team said that there would be no system akin to the team system of BB...

Unfortunately I suppose...

Oh, well then I retract my statement. >.>

OdinTyler
Jun 12, 2006, 12:22 AM
Even tho unofficially there's no guild system, there's no stopping partnering up with friends & having a 'clan' anyway. I am...& if anyone's interested in joining, PM me. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Ffuzzy-Logik
Jun 12, 2006, 12:31 AM
On 2006-06-11 11:17, kassy wrote:
For me, teams in BB promoted segregation on the US Blue Burst, I didn't like it.I feel exactly the same, and I am so glad that there will be no official team system.

Saner
Jun 12, 2006, 01:31 AM
even with a clan system there would always be freelancers to party with.

chibiLegolas
Jun 12, 2006, 12:08 PM
I thought they did away with clans and guild symbols, but I recall seeing certain character costumes having an empty spot on them as if it COULD hold some kind of guild symbol during character creation. Anyone know what I'm talking about?
I perticularly remember a female creation pic with an emtpy emblem around her neck (akin to the hold HUnewearl guild symbols).
And a female cast with a spot on her head if you chose the right style.
Lets see if I can find it....

Mewn
Jun 12, 2006, 01:14 PM
I agree with those who said that teams in BB were a bad idea. They did segregate the community but I thought that was more to do with the general unfairness of the system promoting big teams (see: Point of Disaster) over smaller close-knit ones than just a fracturing of the community into different teams.

I see no problem with unofficial clans, however.

daddy_zach
Jun 16, 2006, 05:02 PM
There Will still be able to be teams just not online. We can form offline and then meet up online. So if any one is interested in joining a GREAT!! team just PM me. Check out the web site, just click my team under my avatar.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: daddy_zach on 2006-06-24 08:08 ]</font>