PDA

View Full Version : Any questions for Takao Miyoshi? (New interview)

shidoshi
Jun 12, 2006, 05:53 PM
Hey everyone... been a reader here forever, and I always thought I had an account, but I guess not. So I'm new but not new.

Anyhow, I work over at Play magazine, and we're going to be doing a feature on PSU for our next issue. I was just asked to put together a list of questions for Takao Miyoshi, and thought I'd post about it here to see if there where any major questions still unanswered that people wanted to know about. I'm sending off the list of questions tonight, so I need them in the next 5-6 hours. Just post them in here, and I'll put them together with the ones that I have.

drago171
Jun 12, 2006, 05:58 PM
any news on servers being linked or how will updates come into play and what kinds are there. oh yeah ask them about PVP!!!

Pheromone
Jun 12, 2006, 05:58 PM
now.. we havent been told exactly whtether or whether not the PS2/PC and XBOX servers are linked.. ask them if they are

Pheromone
Jun 12, 2006, 05:59 PM
On 2006-06-12 15:58, drago171 wrote:
any news on servers being linked or how will updates come into play and what kinds are there. oh yeah ask them about PVP!!!

currently there is no battle mode, but they said they could add it when they wanted to

TheyCallMeJoe
Jun 12, 2006, 06:04 PM
Will guild systems be implemented?

Pheromone
Jun 12, 2006, 06:05 PM
On 2006-06-12 16:04, TheyCallMeJoe wrote:
Will guild systems be implemented?

No... already been answered

Pheromone
Jun 12, 2006, 06:06 PM
On 2006-06-12 15:58, drago171 wrote:

oh yah, as for updates.. mostly it will be unlcoking stuff off the disk, any urgen security patches and updates will be put on the memory card.. also the memory card can be used as a cache for downloading quests temporarily

hypersaxon
Jun 12, 2006, 06:12 PM
I have a question that I know a lot of people want clarification on:

It's been said that, at least on the PC version of PSU, that an online connection to the internet is required at all times while playing, even while playing the offline story mode, for security reasons. Will the PS2/X360 versions of the game have a similar requirement in order to play the offline modes?

kyori
Jun 12, 2006, 08:07 PM
Is there any clarification on how to go about payment for the online portion? In particular for the japanese version, though It'd be nice to know about the NA version as well.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kyori on 2006-06-12 18:08 ]</font>

Pheromone
Jun 12, 2006, 08:13 PM
On 2006-06-12 18:07, kyori wrote:
Is there any clarification on how to go about payment for the online portion? In particular for the japanese version, though It'd be nice to know about the NA version as well.

there hasnt even been announced that there WILL be a fee for the US version.. but most likely will be one.

Pheromone
Jun 12, 2006, 08:17 PM
one question... what do they plan to do with the game once the 3 year projected content release is over? keep the servers up, or is a new game coming out ^_^?

Kyuu
Jun 12, 2006, 08:28 PM
1) To put the speculation at ease... are the fan-type weapons seen displayed in the weapon shops a usable weapon in-game? And if they are, are they the new incarnation of the slicer weapons from PSO, or an entirely new kind of weapon?

2) Currently, it seems as though the newman strength of high TAP is entirely useless for the classes of hunter and ranger (as they are unable to use technics at all), therefore making newmans seem somewhat lacking as a choice for any class except force. Is this intentional, or did the designers take this into account and implement mechanics that will make TAP provide some advantage for those who are not a force?

3) Has any decision been made as to whether or not there will be a US beta, and what platform(s) it would be for?

4) There has also been much speculation as to what the new Endurance stat is about, with most coming to the conclusion that it affects the rate of PP regeneration. Have we got it right, or does the new stat serve some other purpose?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-06-12 18:31 ]</font>

Pheromone
Jun 12, 2006, 08:29 PM
On 2006-06-12 18:28, Kyuu wrote:

2) Currently, it seems as though the newman strength of high TAP is entirely useless for the classes of hunter and ranger, therefore making newmans seem somewhat lacking as a choice for any class except force. Is this intentional, or did the designers take this into account and implement mechanics that will make TAP provide some advantage for those who are not a force?

Heaven Punisher, part deux! aslo.. newmans have good ATA so they are good for RAs... ish... I don't know the game mechanics and formulae, but with their low ATP.. seems shots would do HORRID damage for Newms... only time will tell when my RAnewm gets born ^_^

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pheromone on 2006-06-12 18:31 ]</font>

Roffkaiser
Jun 12, 2006, 08:45 PM
Will vehicles appear in any form online

A confirmation on Xbox link

What steps they have taken to balance the classes

Jozon
Jun 12, 2006, 08:52 PM
Will Beasts nanoblasts keep improving, or will they hit a new stage of evolution later in the game, where you have to get a new or 2nd tattoo?

Tystys
Jun 12, 2006, 09:01 PM
Will 360 servers be linked with PS2 and PC?

WHEN IS THE GOD DAMN GAME BEING RELEASED?!

Will there be a BETA?

justinbrady
Jun 12, 2006, 09:13 PM
Class switching penalties...and when and if they plan to relase challenge mode...maybe makes me cry

Rubesahl
Jun 12, 2006, 10:16 PM
Will the Japanese game contain English language and subtitles to promote importing? And will Segalink allow foreign transactions to enable players to play online? lmao... And don't act like u don't feel the same way fellow importers >:P

>> I'm all for the confirmation on XB360 connectivity to PC/PS2 Servers, its very important to know...

>> Aprox release date (at least month my God) on US and EU release.

>> Will the english version have an option for original Japanese dialogue? (Oh God please -__-; )

>> Any possibilities on the game recieving expansions?

That's about it, I think the most important one is the first one (no not the joke one) and the third one , I don't want my ears to bleed lol

Keyeszx
Jun 12, 2006, 10:49 PM
first is the nanoblast gonna have more forms or like will there be more better tatoos/badges, will their be theme based cities like when x-mas comes around and stuff like that, will their be PvP and wat is the highest level

Asim
Jun 12, 2006, 10:50 PM
How much will the game be online per month ?

cp99
Jun 12, 2006, 11:00 PM
On 2006-06-12 20:50, Asim wrote:
How much will the game be online per month ?

The monthly fee for the Japanese version will be roughly 10 dollars a month, so I would expect in that area.

1: Will items like God Battle, and weapons made from fallen enemies (Booma's Claw, S-Beats Blades) make a comeback for Phantasy Star Universe, and If so, how will they be improved.

2: As for the new weapon grinding system, What is the percentage of chance that the grinding could fail, rendering the weapon useless, also, can you clarify the definition of "useless"

3: It has been speculated that PSU is a prequel, rather than a sequel, to PSO, where does Phantasy Star Universe fit into the Phantasy Star Universe (no pun), and will players be led to conclusions from unfinished side stories in PSO and other Phantasy Star games.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: cp99 on 2006-06-12 21:03 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: cp99 on 2006-06-12 21:13 ]</font>

Sir_Laguna
Jun 12, 2006, 11:05 PM
-So, there's seperate levels for classes and for base character stats... I'd like to know what the level cap for both sides are. PSO ep1&2's Lv.200 cap kept me playing for at least a couple of years, and I think having a cap that big (well, within reason) would really help to add longevity to the game.

-As for additional online content, is it going to be more of what we're used to, such as season/holiday decorations and the occasional quest? Or can we expect greater things like whole new areas and routes unlocked over time?

-Will there be a story that affects the online portion of the game, and if so, can we expect to see the world evolve or change online based on events that occur in that story?

-As the beta testers have pointed out, online missions take you down a certain path to rest stops where the path can branch out depending on which mission you choose. Could one of these "branches" have seperate missions of their own? Let me explain: Say you choose a mission and get to the first rest stop. From there, you can either go down path 1 or 2. Could path 1 have two missions to pick from with seperate objectives, while three other missions in the list take you down path 2?

That's all I have for now.

kyori
Jun 12, 2006, 11:15 PM
On 2006-06-12 18:13, Pheromone wrote:

On 2006-06-12 18:07, kyori wrote:

there hasnt even been announced that there WILL be a fee for the US version.. but most likely will be one.

Actually this was confirmed ages ago when PSU debuted in EGM.

kassy
Jun 12, 2006, 11:20 PM
Lmao, people are still asking questions Mr. Miyoshi has already answered.

Saner
Jun 12, 2006, 11:45 PM
they don't know a exact U.S. release date because it's really up to Sega, not the developers, maybe they are not allowed to say it yet.

ya I wonder if the PS2 version needs to be connected/have an account to use the offline modes.

Fleece
Jun 12, 2006, 11:46 PM
European Release date. If not answered

and the Server questions again, same as everyone else.

Oh not that im an xbox 360 player but what kind of account will be needed to play online. Silver or Gold?

AzureBlaze
Jun 12, 2006, 11:53 PM
People re-asked because a list of 'already asked' was not readily available enough or something maybe. Also he evaded the USA release date and the Xbox link issue, so perhaps he needs another nettling.

I've got one...
Did Sonic Team actually do anything that was requested on the beta boards? How useful were they? And if action was taken, WHAT actions were taken?

As anyone may or may not know, I was on the beta and campaigned heavily for customization issues such as Cast accessories/heads and the availability of bulkier builds on the body slider, which seemed much more limited than even PSO's. Messages were posted to the BetaBoard in JP, but it would be great to know if it was 'too late' or they just didn't care by that point.

The game is clearly nearly ready by now, so actual requests for in-game things would naturally be denied, making all we can do is request additional info or server-link status.

Saner
Jun 13, 2006, 12:20 AM
ya maybe their status on the Xbox360 server link decision would be helpful to know if they will link it or not.

cause if Xbox360 is linked to PS2 and PC, I may get that version since it's the same thing plus the controller reminds me of the Dreamcast http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

but then again I may get PS2 version since PS2's are more affordable to replace if there is a need to get another one, and X360 chances of linkage are slim.

oh ya it would be nice if Play magazine convinces them to release the U.S. version soon instead of pushing it to release a closed beta first. unless there is a need for another test. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Fleece
Jun 13, 2006, 12:25 AM
Looking at things I think the only really important questions are for the xbox community, these questions being:

1. Gold or silver account needed
2. Linked to the other consoles or not

Kimil
Jun 13, 2006, 12:39 AM
-How Many Character Slots do we get
-Can multiple people use an account online at once
-What is the Difference between TAP and MST
-Will Humans or Newmans have some sort of class specialty?
-How will the handycap of not being able to use the HD for the PS2 be delt with?
-Are Slicers or Cards still Weapons?
-Do you get to customize your PM when they reach the stage where they follow you arround?
-How many 'maps' or there? How Many Bosses?
-Will Dark Falz return?
-How many cities are there?
-Are all the missions like those found in the beta, or are there missions that have to do more with an objective other then beating the boss?
-How will vehicles work?
-Will there be an MMORPG aspect to the online game?
-How many more styles of clothes are there?
-Will there be Holiday events online in PSU?
-Will there be misclanious events online in PSU?
-What messures are being taken againts Hackers?
-Will there be punnishments for Hackers?
-Is there probably going tobe another delay, or are we in for a plesant suprise?
-Will the European and North American Servers be merged? Will there be the option of playing with Japanese players also?
-Are rares still Red Boxes?

I can go on

zandra117
Jun 13, 2006, 12:44 AM
Ive noticed that in the videos of peole driving the flowder there is no attack button, only a boost button. What kind of missions will this vehicle be used in? Racing against the clock?

Also can you play the xbox360 version online with a free xbox live silver account and only pay for the PSU monthly fee?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zandra117 on 2006-06-12 22:47 ]</font>

Saner
Jun 13, 2006, 12:46 AM
I think you can dismount from vehicles. so I don't think there will be races maybe. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

maybe those Flowder are used in those missions because maybe those areas are super huge and so it may bring a new level of travel and exporation and hunting. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/burger.gif

zandra117
Jun 13, 2006, 12:50 AM
There is no dismount icon for the flowder, just boost

Another question, Will there be any weapons with unique special attacks like the photon wave attack of Tsumikiri J-sword or the divine punishment of Heaven's Punisher?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zandra117 on 2006-06-12 22:53 ]</font>

DamonKatu
Jun 13, 2006, 12:51 AM
On 2006-06-12 21:20, kassy wrote:
Lmao, people are still asking questions Mr. Miyoshi has already answered.

Afraid so, Kassy. Afriad so...

here's one I have to ask: Simulate the game to a building constuction. You have the plans layed out, The grounds selected, and the buliding the building is finally complete. If I take you to the top of that building to see the view, what would you say about the building (Or game in that case.)

here's another: How will the online network be suitable to where the sencor filter to cut out cuss words even if they have s p a c e s or aternated letters (ass/azz)

Update: Woa, that was close...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DamonKatu on 2006-06-12 22:53 ]</font>

Saner
Jun 13, 2006, 12:57 AM
that "building question" is basically just asking them what they think about the game in general and what they achieved.
They would obviously give out a positive opinion about their work. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

come now, people will already find a way around the censorships. lol. they always do. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Kers
Jun 13, 2006, 01:02 AM
I'm for the 360 being separated from PS2 and PC servers, but my questions are-

What are the reasons for separating the Xbox 360 servers from PC/PS2?

Can Forces criticle with techniques, or will they trigger status effects more often by raising a certain stat?

Since each race can play as any job, what is the importance of Technique Attack Power and Mental Strength for jobs that do not use Photon Techniques? Will the stats be used for Photon Abilities, such as Burning Shoot?

How are final stage PMs capable of assisting you during missions and do they have a Photon Blast?

Are there addslots in each piece of armor? < chest, shoulder, head>

If and when a sequel or new episode is released, do you plan on having the PSU characters that players level continue on to new game content, sort of like an expansion?

Some questions may have been answered from beta testers, but I thought they are good questions people would want answered.

shidoshi
Jun 13, 2006, 01:03 AM
Has anything at all been mentioned about the three separate planets, and how that will affect the online side of the game? (How does travel between them work? Do different players start out on different planets?) Or is that something I should be asking about?

cp99
Jun 13, 2006, 01:06 AM
On 2006-06-12 23:03, shidoshi wrote:
Has anything at all been mentioned about the three separate planets, and how that will affect the online side of the game? (How does travel between them work? Do different players start out on different planets?) Or is that something I should be asking about?

This seems a very valid question and should be included, the description we have of this so far is somewhat limited to speculation.

Saner
Jun 13, 2006, 01:09 AM
ya come to think of it X360 might benefit from isolation.

their style of communication is often voice chat and their Live voice signals can't be received by PC or PS2 headset users, so that would really limit X360's communication options outside of their Live community since many of them don't like using keyboard.

however I haven't seen how many X360 users play FF11 and how they adapt to the communication and get along with people from other systems.

so it's unclear how it would turn out if they are linked with the other PSU servers.

Saner
Jun 13, 2006, 01:18 AM

I think everyone starts on Guardians Colony since the game centers around 'Guardians' instead of 'Hunters'.

so it looks like a more formal and connected organization than last time, (which were basically non-affiliated mercenaries pretty much).

Guardians is the largest private bodyguard corporation. And are even granted law enforcement authority. so they really are truly above mere mercs and bounty hunters.

and from the looks of things, it's 99.9% possible you can freely travel to any planet right from the start, each city has a transporation section you can go to and select each world you wanna travel to. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Roffkaiser
Jun 13, 2006, 01:56 AM
I am almost positive you can play with a silver account, as on the Xbox website it says that Silver accounts can quote "access massively multiplayer games" So unless sega wants you to have gold which i don't know why they would want microsoft more money than they set themselves up to get, you can play with silver.

kazuma56
Jun 13, 2006, 02:12 AM
1)What can we expect from leveling a "job" besides being able to learn different technics? Will a Ranger, through leveling the Ranger job, be able to be as versatile as the RAnger classes where in PSO using a variety of Hunter weapons as well as ranger weapons?

2) If you plan on implementing challenge/battle mode, how will you go about balancing the Cast and Beast 1 hour abilities? will they still exist or be wiped altogether?

3) Items, How will the drop rate work? In PSO each difficulty mode offered different drops depending on your Section I.D, but since PSU has done away with the I.D's and difficulty modes (from what I interpreted), how will someone go about finding Rare 12 star items to outfit their character? or will "endgame" weapons require someone to build them through the new item synthesis system?

4) Why was did you guys not implement the option to use the PS2 Harddrive for the game to those that have it?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kazuma56 on 2006-06-13 00:14 ]</font>

Alisha
Jun 13, 2006, 06:07 AM
ok heres a real question. in one of the recent videos they showed a melee SUV weapon. will there be a force variation of an suv weapon,and also will there be variations on nanoblast for different classes other than the color changes? if not maybee a tribute to alterd beast is in order XD

2) If you plan on implementing challenge/battle mode, how will you go about balancing the Cast and Beast 1 hour abilities? will they still exist or be wiped altogether?
i dont think those are on 1 hour timers anymore i think they charge much like photon blasts do but i could be wrong.

Fleece
Jun 13, 2006, 06:28 AM
Yeah they charge up. This isnt FF Lol

Saner
Jun 13, 2006, 06:30 AM
are you sure that melee 'suv' is a SUV? It could have been a special Partner Machine team attack. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Alisha
Jun 13, 2006, 10:01 AM
i'm quite certain it was a SUV,,especially since its shown immediately after a chaingun SUV. also

Espio Kaos-Also, right before this cast attacks with this weapon, it appears over her head in the exact way that all other SUV-weapons do: the nanotrance effect. (You only get to see the last few seconds of it in the video, as she's already attacking with the weapon by the time the video cuts to her.)

SirenV
Jun 13, 2006, 10:14 AM
On 2006-06-12 22:39, Kimil wrote:
-How Many Character Slots do we get
-Can multiple people use an account online at once
-Will Humans or Newmans have some sort of class specialty?
-How many 'maps' or there? How Many Bosses?
-What messures are being taken againts Hackers?

-I'm pretty sure that it was confirmed that we're allowed to have 4 characters per account. And no, I'm sure that one account couldn't be used at the same time between two people. You'd have to have separate accounts if you wanted to play together.

-The Sega website says there are more than 15 major bosses to challenge.

-Miyoshi already said that he has no intention to implement a specialty for Humans or Numans. (At least along the lines of Nanoblast and SUV)

-Measures against hackers? Having it all be online is a start ~_~;;

Pop_Rocks
Jun 13, 2006, 11:02 AM
Do we even know what "SUV" means?

Rock521
Jun 13, 2006, 12:04 PM
My question is can you learn how to use weapons that aren't normally allowed to be used in a certain class (for example hunters learning to use wands).

kyori
Jun 13, 2006, 03:22 PM

Ah please don't ask that, it was something already covered in the closed beta. They're just different cities/lobbies with their own unique variety of equipment/dungeons. Travel between planets is done via the space port from the Guardians Colony.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kyori on 2006-06-13 13:24 ]</font>

DjDragoon
Jun 13, 2006, 03:30 PM
Ok well here's somthing I haven't seen yet:

-PSO had about 4 different areas to explore in each episode along with the 2 different towns in Pioneer 2. Will we see a larger variety of different areas to explore instead of 1 dungeon for each planet?

-In terms of locations, are we going to be stuck with the same Forest 1 -> Forest 2 -> Boss routine?

- Will classic Sonic Team charcters/senarios, such as Buring Rangers and Nights, reappear in PSU?

[PC/PS2 and 360 verisons should be officially linked!]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DjDragoon on 2006-06-13 13:31 ]</font>

Oji_Retta
Jun 13, 2006, 03:35 PM
Can somebody with time on their hands make a post of the questions already asked and answered. I'm beginning to see a lot of repeats. I really don't think people keep up to date with these things. *Points to DjDragoon and has first question in mind while typing this(the answer is yes)..sighs*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Oji_Retta on 2006-06-13 13:35 ]</font>

tikigod13
Jun 13, 2006, 04:17 PM
Ya someone said multiple people on same account at a time. I want that question to be asked to because me and my bro usualy butt heads when we wana play.

PhotonCat
Jun 13, 2006, 05:45 PM
Prob too late anyway but... only things I am concerned about is: Are the Japanese voices gonna be on the English version?(I really hope so)
And is Sega using some type of "anti-copy" protection(like the dreaded Starforce) on the PC version? I hope not because those things are programs that root into your system and cause so much trouble.
Because that thing about "the game has to be online at all times to be played" worries me.

Sha_Hua
Jun 13, 2006, 06:13 PM
On 2006-06-13 00:12, kazuma56 wrote:
4) Why was did you guys not implement the option to use the PS2 Harddrive for the game to those that have it?

Sony stopped supporting that. New playstations are made without the needed port also.
They probably didn't implement it to save time and avoid abuse/problem issues.

Back to the questions

-What was the most enjoyable moment during development?
-Will you be playing yourself and if so for what timespan?
-Will XBox 360 have seperated servers and if so can we expect a compatible Vista version of the game in the future?
-Will non-japanese games feature an option to switch between English and Japanese dialogues? (for me it would ruin the whole offline part if it didn't have this)
-Will European and U.S. servers be connected and what about countries like Australia?
-Will the Europeans recieve any love for having to wait so long? (something like: reduced price, online meseta, O.S.T. or game art)
-Will you be able to sleep August 30th?
-Is there anything you would like to say about the game that you couldn't say in previous interviews?

Uri
Jun 13, 2006, 07:21 PM
Are there plan to create new versions of the game (i.e. ver. 2/ Ep 1, 2, 3, 4) later in the future?

How open are the worlds?

Kers
Jun 13, 2006, 07:40 PM
Just to restate what Sidoshi asked, he posted this topic on the 12th and was taking questions 5-6 hours after for Play magazine. Questions being posted today will only be read by the fellow PSO-World posters.

Rurisho
Jun 14, 2006, 12:21 PM
Any word on offline multiplayer? I haven't heard a yay or nay as of the moment..

Ryoten
Jun 14, 2006, 12:51 PM
Will there be a weather affect in the game? What about a night or day time effect? Will this effect the monsters & characters? (If it snow & you're fighting a fire monster, will it affect it?) What about the elements on the weapons, will it affect it too?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryoten on 2006-06-14 11:22 ]</font>

OdinTyler
Jun 14, 2006, 02:29 PM
Rurisho, it was already said there's no offline multiplayer. This is PSU, not PSO. Full storyline this time around & you get NPCs with you like a regular RPG. There's also Extra Mode to make your own char to group with them as well. Offline multiplayer is officially GONE.

mechatra
Jun 14, 2006, 02:29 PM
Ryoten, how on earth would a real-time day/night system work on an online game which spans across multiple areas?

Ryoten
Jun 14, 2006, 02:59 PM
I'm just saying, if you was on one planet which is day time & travel to a planet that is night. I'm not talking about a real-time day & night system, just within the game which ST control.

Saner
Jun 14, 2006, 03:02 PM
night would be too hard to see in cities.

people would get lost. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Kyuu
Jun 14, 2006, 03:08 PM
I'm not sure why people think it would be so "hard" to implement a day and night system. Give each planet a certain number of hours of day and night, with dawn and dusk transistion periods. There's no big logistical problem, it would just have to be programmed in, along with whatever would be needed to make the lighting work. Also, in the cities there would undoubtably be artificial sources of light just like in real cities, so being unable to see your way around would hardly be a problem. Also, it's not difficult to make a night-time with enough soft, ambient light to see by. Other games have done it.

Ryoten
Jun 14, 2006, 03:11 PM
Yeah, I agree. I seen it in tons of video games & in FFXI. About night time, we should get moonlight shines in.

zandra117
Jun 14, 2006, 04:29 PM
actually I think it would be neat if they put in a day and night system, parum can go by European GMT time, neudaiz could go by japan time, and moatoob can go by central american time. the Guardians Colony doesnt need timezones because its in space.

Sha_Hua
Jun 14, 2006, 04:31 PM
On 2006-06-13 17:40, Kers wrote:
Just to restate what Sidoshi asked, he posted this topic on the 12th and was taking questions 5-6 hours after for Play magazine. Questions being posted today will only be read by the fellow PSO-World posters.

You really thought it was real? The poster didn't add a link to the site. There was no information on when the interview would go public. And last but not least a reporter that makes such a request 6 hours before questions need to be done?! For a decent quality in replies you will need start such a topic 2 days in advance.
Lets just have fun brainstorming and forget why this topic was made.

On 2006-06-14 12:29, mechatra wrote:
Ryoten, how on earth would a real-time day/night system work on an online game which spans across multiple areas?

Actually it is not so far fetched as it sounds. Metropolis street racer had the same. Racing in Japan I had night while it was daytime here. Europe same sky as outside and morning in the U.S..

Knowing Newdriz has Japanese influences it could easely set daytime settings according to what they are in Japan.
With the landscape and plants Parum could go for European daytime settings.
And Mortoob reminds me of the wild west so it would be nice to see U.S. daytime settings there.
This way you would see different settings on different planets and also be aware what time of day it is in other parts of the (real) world. Sounds neat.

Time for sleep again. Nighty night fellow Guardians.

Kers
Jun 14, 2006, 04:37 PM
Ah, well I really believed it lol. Thought that would be a stupid story to make up just to have people post their ideas.

patient
Jun 14, 2006, 05:13 PM
On 2006-06-12 16:06, Pheromone wrote:

oh yah, as for updates.. mostly it will be unlcoking stuff off the disk, any urgen security patches and updates will be put on the memory card.. also the memory card can be used as a cache for downloading quests temporarily

Um.. Could you please post where you obtained this information?

A URL is sufficient.

Specifically where you read that the memory card would be used to hold patch data.

Fleece
Jun 14, 2006, 08:02 PM
It's common knowledge, They have all the new stuff they want to release on disc. and patches to the game will only be text/coded commands anyway and 4 meg is a LOT of text lol.

Saner
Jun 15, 2006, 12:29 AM
msot of these questions will be answered when we play the game.

I think the most important now is the U.S. release date and if there will be a U.S. beta test and if so would that affect the full version release date. I would really like to hear what they would say about this. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/burger.gif

but maybe we'll have to wait after August Japan release before we get any real answers. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/cone.gif

kazuma56
Jun 15, 2006, 01:53 AM
On 2006-06-13 16:13, Sha_Hua wrote:
[quote]
On 2006-06-13 00:12, kazuma56 wrote:

Sony stopped supporting that. New playstations are made without the needed port also.
They probably didn't implement it to save time and avoid abuse/problem issues.

I still find this it kond of weird, I heard that in Japan, FFXI's player base down there is more PS2 players compared to PC, which means that there is a plethora amount of people that have the HDD.

Also, even though it is discontinued in most (if not all) states, it still doesn't mean they couldn't add the option to use it...IS their any difference between the PS2 and 360 HDD? aren't they both easily "exploitable"?

PrinceBrightstar
Jun 15, 2006, 02:51 AM
I'd really like to know the status of the other Phantasy Star project, Phantasy Star Generation 3, which is the remake of End of the Millenium for the PS2.

Saner
Jun 15, 2006, 07:08 AM
On 2006-06-15 00:51, Jonathan_F wrote:
I'd really like to know the status of the other Phantasy Star project, Phantasy Star Generation 3, which is the remake of End of the Millenium for the PS2.

Sonic Team is not in charge of the remakes.

Sega AGES is, that's a whole different team.

and besides Phantasy Star 4 doesn't need a remake. It's already perfect as it is. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saner on 2006-06-15 05:09 ]</font>

shidoshi
Jun 27, 2006, 03:45 PM
On 2006-06-14 14:31, Sha_Hua wrote:
You really thought it was real? The poster didn't add a link to the site. There was no information on when the interview would go public. And last but not least a reporter that makes such a request 6 hours before questions need to be done?! For a decent quality in replies you will need start such a topic 2 days in advance.

Sorry to disappoint you, but it was very real.

There was no link because, as I said, it is for the mag, not the site - and I guess I didn't feel the need to do any shameless promotion. And, while I certainly don't know your background, anybody who has worked at a magazine should know that it is quite common to find out a certain article will or won't be going through at the last minute.

I don't know how long my boss knew about the interview, but I was on AIM and got a message from him asking if I had any questions for a Miyoshi interview we were going to be doing for PSU. I told him of course I did, he already knew that I'm dying for this game, so he told me to just go ahead and whip up the interview myself. It had to be turned in to him by the next morning, in order to get it to Sega and back to us in time for the current issue's deadline.

I'm sure you didn't mean anything by it, but don't just go assuming you know the answer to something when you don't. I've been active in the PS online community since there WAS an online community, long before PSU or PSO or any of that, and wouldn't come into here making such a post if it was BS.

Anyhow, that out of the way, I got the interview back today. Obviously I can't just post it up on here at this point, because the issue it's going to be in hasn't even gone to press yet, so I'd be killed for doing so. *heh* I did want to answer a few of the question, though. I also wanted to say thanks to everybody who helped me come up with some questions.

* Said not to be connected in any way to the other PS titles, but takes place in the same universe. Sidestepped the question of where it fits into the timeline.

* PC version requires an always on internet connection. PS2 does not. Xbox 360 version is still being decided.

* Characters started in the PC version can then be played in the PS2 version, and vise versa. No decision yet as far as the 360 version.

* I said that Musk Cats should be a future playable race. *heh* Said it was an interesting idea, and then went on to talk about Beasts.

* Vehicles are "certain situations only" for single player, exist in online but didn't expand on when and where.

* Won't reconsider US - Japan link because "this one is more about story, and Japan is getting it first." BS excuse, but there you go.

There were of course other questions, but that is some of the most important points that came out of it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: shidoshi on 2006-06-27 13:45 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: shidoshi on 2006-06-27 13:47 ]</font>

ajenteks
Jun 27, 2006, 04:11 PM
On 2006-06-27 13:45, shidoshi wrote:

* Won't reconsider US - Japan link because "this one is more about story, and Japan is getting it first." BS excuse, but there you go.

Out of curiosity, did you call him on that? THAT would make for an interesting and unique read. In any case, thanks for your candidness in your disclosure here.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ajenteks on 2006-06-27 14:11 ]</font>

shidoshi
Jun 27, 2006, 04:22 PM
Unfortunately, it was a "send in the interview, get a response back" kind of thing, not a one on one. Thus, I really didn't have a chance to call him on anything and press further - which sucks, because there were a few things I would have liked to press about, that being number one on my list.

cp99
Jun 27, 2006, 05:07 PM
When can we expect this issue of Play to be released?
Or, can you just post the entire interview http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

shidoshi
Jun 27, 2006, 05:17 PM
Issue will hit around the second week or so of July. As soon as I'm cleared to put it up on our site, I will, and I'll let everybody know.

I also noticed that a few of the questions that I asked were missing. I'm trying to find out if I had gone over my question limit, or if they were just ignored. Once I find out, I'll let you all know which questions didn't get answered.

Pheromone
Jun 28, 2006, 07:54 AM
alrighty, thanks for doing your job which is also a great service to us fanatics <3 ... This will be my FIRST issue of Play I buy, and if I'm impressed... you may have a new subscriber. gg shidoshi <3

lostinseganet
Jun 28, 2006, 09:39 AM
On 2006-06-14 12:59, Ryoten wrote:
I'm just saying, if you was on one planet which is day time & travel to a planet that is night. I'm not talking about a real-time day & night system, just within the game which ST control.

They already have a time system its called beats.

cp99
Jun 28, 2006, 10:54 AM
Well, maybe not this time, Beats were for internation time so things could be arranged easier. In PSU its seperated by region, so it may have a different time system.

chibiLegolas
Jun 28, 2006, 12:44 PM
Thanks for all the info you're willing to share with us shidoshi. Much appreciated!
I'll be looking forward to the interview.

NightHour13
Jun 28, 2006, 02:15 PM
Battle mode!! BATTLE MODE!!!!!!

turtle323
Jun 28, 2006, 02:18 PM
THERES NO BATTLE MODE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

ShadowDragon28
Jun 28, 2006, 02:19 PM
Battle Mode was terrible and pretty much pointless in PSO. PvP in any RPG or MMORPG is IMNHO stupid, immature and pointless. PvP is best suited to Multiplayer FPS's.

PvP in online RPG type games are IMO can often discourage any serious RPG gamers that are newcomers to an online RPG from playing, as it is not any fun to play a Level 1 character, and then have that character constantly slaughtered by "Leet" high level player-characters because of PvP.

Friendly, co-operative gameply in an online RPG or Action RPG is far more *fun* that PvP IMO.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
I look foward to the interview, and the new issue of "Play" magzine, IMO it is *the* best Videogame magazine in the USA, as good as UK's "Edge".

All other magazines typicall are overtly biased, poorly written, and laking in maturity, lacking in a sense of fairness, and lacking in any level of objectivity.

The only portions of "Play" that could be improved is the vibe of jaded-ness of some the game reviewers. A sense of "tiredness" and being "jaded" sometimes comes through in reviews much to often. And some reviewers are a bit to strict and over-generalizing with their criticisms IMO.

Sometimes, certain games are barely covered, or given a super short and truncated "review" when they actually deserved a bit more attention and a more thorough review.

Those are the only gripes I have about "Play". IMO, 60%-70% of reviews are pretty fair, compared to the reviews in other mags like EGM, etc.. they are far superior in overall fairness and quality of the reviews.

If I could ask Miyoshi a question it would be:

" Will Sonic Team and Sega endeavor to maintain a high level of quality support to online players in other countries; making sure that every piece of content brought to Japanese players is brought to US and European players as well? "

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShadowDragon28 on 2006-06-28 12:35 ]</font>

EGO-BOT
Jun 28, 2006, 02:33 PM

You're right, it probably is a BS exscuse. I wonder what the real reason could be?

ShadowDragon28
Jun 28, 2006, 02:41 PM
"Micro-Borg Soft's " iron Grip on possibly requireing the X-box Live service for the 360 to go online maybe?

" I am Gates of Borg Soft.... You will adapt to pay Us lot's of your money just to play an online game that is already $15 to play online, so now you have to by $35-$45 a month to be able to play an online RPG on the 360. Dissenstion and Resistance is futile. " ...just my opinion.

Pier
Jun 28, 2006, 03:16 PM
ask them if their will be multiplayer in extra mode

Sha_Hua
Jun 28, 2006, 05:26 PM
On 2006-06-27 13:45, shidoshi wrote:

On 2006-06-14 14:31, Sha_Hua wrote:

Sorry to disappoint you, but it was very real.

There was no link because, as I said, it is for the mag, not the site - and I guess I didn't feel the need to do any shameless promotion.

Almost bumped your own topic http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif.

Well for one. I have been wrong before, although it is very rare.
Next to that I would call it pride in your compagny not shameless promotion. Worked for a progressive compagny that was working on a lot of open source projects and I could never leave it to call there name. Won't in this case cause it is off topic and Dutch (first time for everything).

I'll end by thanking you for enlightning us about some questions and I'm looking forward to read the article.

Saner
Jun 30, 2006, 12:12 AM
if there was multiplayer in Extra mode they would of mentioned it by now.

the Xbox360 version might be release later than the others so it might have it but probably not.

GreyWolf360
Jun 30, 2006, 03:57 AM
Dude...ask him about photon blasts~

Saner
Jun 30, 2006, 09:51 PM
how could there be photon blasts if there are no more MAGs?

partner machinery can evolve into battle NPC partners. so there's your 'photon blast',
which is even better than a photon blast because NPC partners can support a non-full party better and for longer periods of time than some summon attack.

GreyWolf360
Jun 30, 2006, 11:37 PM
well until a few weeks ago i saw partner machinery as a pretty-;{@ new name for a mag~which it really does look like..and why cant they use PBs? thoes summons really helped me love Pso the way i do~( raising mags, getting the perfect PBs for the type of character i use, Chaining PBs...i loved it all and im sure everyone else does too..

sides~ its just a question

GreyWolf360
Jun 30, 2006, 11:44 PM
oh...well i feel a lil dumb...i just realized that this forum is already done..meaning the magazine...lady.. is already donewith the article...

sigh~ignorance

Saner
Jul 1, 2006, 12:33 AM
lol well PMs are used for a greater purpose, which is synthesizing items into new weapons and even making existing weapons into better weapons, etc. etc.

if you love photon blasts maybe ya should make a Beast or Cast since their special abilities have the Photon Blast wow factor.

GreyWolf360
Jul 1, 2006, 12:42 AM
ergh..i realy dont wanna turn this into onea my lil rants in the other forum...ill end it here~

Saner
Jul 1, 2006, 12:51 AM
hmmmmm. you'll get used to it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif