PDA

View Full Version : Is this true?

Kio
Jun 12, 2006, 06:04 PM
I've heard that you have to be on a mission in order to get to the planet to fight...Is this true? I liked in PSO how you could just teleport to wherever and start level grinding...Is it the same for PSU?

Pheromone
Jun 12, 2006, 06:10 PM
well, I didnt play beta... I understand that some areas are free explore some are mission, some can be both... they said the missions would take approximately as long as a forest run.. so 15 minutes maximum... though boss missions may be more

Kyuu
Jun 12, 2006, 08:35 PM
I believe that you are allowed to free roam in any area you've previously cleared... however, it's not clear if that applies only to the offline story mode, or if that also applies to online play.

Tystys
Jun 12, 2006, 08:59 PM
On 2006-06-12 16:10, Pheromone wrote:
well, I didnt play beta... I understand that some areas are free explore some are mission, some can be both... they said the missions would take approximately as long as a forest run.. so 15 minutes maximum... though boss missions may be more

Thank god for that. Completing story missions in PSO was a bit easy for me.

RFB
Jun 12, 2006, 09:00 PM
If I find the right thread, I'll just do some copypaste...

Yep, I found it.

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=112269&forum=20

For the... think this makes 9th time or something like that. Forget the term "mission". And I mean it. Forget it.

Yes, you are in a "mission". But it's just like your good old Forest run, or Ruins run, or Seabed run. Except that in the end, you'll get some extra meseta and some job experience. You can join whenever you want, leave whenever you want. You can go wherever you want, as long as you meet the level requirements. You can do de same "mission" as many times as you wish. You dont have any goals, just get to the end, like in PSO.

"Missions" are just an excuse to get some extra meseta and job experience.

Guess this makes the 10th time.

Saner
Jun 13, 2006, 12:01 AM
For the... think this makes 9th time or something like that. Forget the term "mission". And I mean it. Forget it.

Yes, you are in a "mission". But it's just like your good old Forest run, or Ruins run, or Seabed run. Except that in the end, you'll get some extra meseta and some job experience. You can join whenever you want, leave whenever you want. You can go wherever you want, as long as you meet the level requirements. You can do de same "mission" as many times as you wish. You dont have any goals, just get to the end, like in PSO.

"Missions" are just an excuse to get some extra meseta and job experience.

ya the term 'missions' just confused people. it's basically the same thing with better rewards when you finish them. and you can revisit them and stuff like that.

what I wonder is did they have to do Guardians Colony missions before they could do Parma missions and then Neudaiz missions? beta testers seem to present their playthroughs in this order:
linear line > grasslands > relics > forest

so I wonder if the final version will be more flexible in missions you can do in any order for each planet. well of course, there are level requirements but that's related to the rank you are trying to achieve in each missions right?

RFB
Jun 13, 2006, 07:16 AM
No, you are not forced, but it's a suicide to go to Parum Grasslands if you're not at least level 5. So most of us stayed at linear line until we had enough level.

Shrevn
Jun 14, 2006, 10:44 PM
Its basic mmo plot you move from place to place fighting higher level mobs what else do you expect? it works for other games why not here!

RFB
Jun 15, 2006, 07:50 AM
On 2006-06-14 20:44, Shrevn wrote:
Its basic mmo plot you move from place to place fighting higher level mobs what else do you expect? it works for other games why not here!

Yeh, and? I'm saying you arent forced. And you arent. You can do Neudaiz at level 1, even tho the mobs are level 20. Then again, you'd want to have a group with you to babysit you, or you're pretty much doomed... but the game doesnt force you to stay at X place until you get to Y level, never.

daddy_zach
Jun 15, 2006, 07:34 PM
I bet it is going to be like PSO where you can play areas you have cleared and you have a choice to do missions or level. But for some reason i keep thinking you wont even have to clear the areas to go to them. But you will most likely have to in offline but im thinkin you wont online.