PDA

View Full Version : PS2 question

StarWind09
Jun 13, 2006, 12:38 AM
this may have already been answered but...
will a hard drive be needed to play? or will it just be the network adapter? I also assume the keyboard is useful... and what about the headset for ps2? will their be possible voice chat for the ps2 version?

Inazuma
Jun 13, 2006, 12:41 AM
no hard drive support b/c the new ps2's dont support it. blame sony.

Saner
Jun 13, 2006, 12:44 AM
no need for harddrive. the game will still be fully playable and fun.
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Kimil
Jun 13, 2006, 12:50 AM
I this effs up the game play, I say Fuck it, I'm getting the XBOX 360 version

StarWind09
Jun 13, 2006, 12:53 AM
oh and also the online fee stuff... for ps2 do you just have to pay the HL? or is there an online fee you have to pay like xboxlive?

Saner
Jun 13, 2006, 01:03 AM
you pay the PSU fee, I guess it could be called a Guardian's License maybe.

for PS2 you just pay the game fee, nothing else. (and of course like all games you need a ISP, you know the internet thing to connect like optimum online, but I'm sure you have something like that.)

I heard Xbox Live, you can have the free Silver account and just pay the game's fee to play online.

oh yeah and it's more than likely broadband only unless you don't mind serious lag.

Saner
Jun 13, 2006, 01:04 AM
On 2006-06-12 22:50, Kimil wrote:

it doesn't mess up the gameplay at all.

StarWind09
Jun 13, 2006, 01:06 AM
ahh thanks for the info.
I was going to wait for the 360 but ps2 seems easier and sooner.(I do have broadband yay!) =)

Saner
Jun 13, 2006, 01:25 AM
yup.

I was calculating the best options and PS2 looks to be the best option for me. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Rihcky
Jun 13, 2006, 03:15 AM
On 2006-06-12 23:04, Saner wrote:

On 2006-06-12 22:50, Kimil wrote:

it doesn't mess up the gameplay at all.

We don't know that yet, but my guess is it will.
The PS2 version probably has more framedrops, longer loading times, more lag. Maybe the differences are not big enough to matter, maybe they are.

Fleece
Jun 13, 2006, 06:08 AM
ermmmmm are you forgetting this was DESIGNED for the ps2, its not even a very demanding game on the pc and i'm sorry but lag won't be an issue unless you have a bad connection. Ping is very rarely affected by a computers speed, i've run Counter strike source at 8 FPS during a test and still had 16 ping.

Oji_Retta
Jun 13, 2006, 11:33 AM
On 2006-06-13 04:08, Fleece wrote:
ermmmmm are you forgetting this was DESIGNED for the ps2, its not even a very demanding game on the pc and i'm sorry but lag won't be an issue unless you have a bad connection. Ping is very rarely affected by a computers speed, i've run Counter strike source at 8 FPS during a test and still had 16 ping.

Finally, someone said it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif I thought I was the only one that understood that idea (designed for PS2...think that actually qualifies it as a port from PS2 to the others?).

Saner
Jun 13, 2006, 11:55 PM
yaaaaa! that's the core of it all. it's designed for PS2 so it looks just as good as the other versions!

well yeah the other systems have resolution upgrades but they still all look the same basically.

Rihcky
Jun 14, 2006, 02:39 AM
NBA 2k6 is also designed for PS2, but do you know how much better it looks on the Xbox360?

Even if its designed for PS2, it probably still has the worst framedrops, lag and loading times.

Oji_Retta
Jun 14, 2006, 04:44 AM
I believe the thing about lag you say is wrong. And Rihcky, the 360 and PC are superior machines to the PS2 so they will do things better naturally, but that doesn't mean it will run bad on the PS2, it should actually run great (since that is what is designed for). But in comparison to better tech, of course it won't be the version with the best graphics (since on PC you can up resolution, texture quality etc and the settings on the game will be diff for 360 too.) But that is about it. It waits to be seen how it runs on PS2 compared to PC and the PS2 beta in Japan is coming (or is out already?)

daddy_zach
Jun 15, 2006, 07:38 PM
This is great no hard drive. But im still not gettin a clear answer and i most likely wont untill i find out for my self. Will there be a fee for online play with the PS2? I could care less about the comp version or 360.

DizzyDi
Jun 15, 2006, 07:41 PM
On 2006-06-14 00:39, Rihcky wrote:
NBA 2k6 is also designed for PS2, but do you know how much better it looks on the Xbox360?

Even if its designed for PS2, it probably still has the worst framedrops, lag and loading times.

Those are two differently designed games. NBA2k6 for the 360 is made to take advantages of the 360. PSU for PC isn't made to take advantages of the PC, 'cept for higher resolution and all that.
I seriously doubt that the framedrops, lag, and loading times will be so horrible that its gunna make the PS2 version worthless.

Fleece
Jun 15, 2006, 09:09 PM
Well PS2 and PC are the original versions, if it was going to run badly on anything i'd say itd be the 360's Port of the PC version.

Kyuu
Jun 15, 2006, 09:47 PM
On 2006-06-15 19:09, Fleece wrote:
Well PS2 and PC are the original versions, if it was going to run badly on anything i'd say itd be the 360's Port of the PC version.

Not likely. Have you seen the minimum specs for the PC version? Now go look at the 360's technical specs. My computer will run PSU quite dandily, but a 360 is still more powerful than my comp (for gaming purposes).

Saner
Jun 16, 2006, 07:33 AM
On 2006-06-15 17:38, daddy_zach wrote:
This is great no hard drive. But im still not gettin a clear answer and i most likely wont untill i find out for my self. Will there be a fee for online play with the PS2? I could care less about the comp version or 360.

of course there will be a fee to play PSU on PS2.

you really think they are going to let PS2 people play online for free while the other 2 versions pay?

this game is much like a mmorpg in that all versions must pay a fee to play them online.

daddy_zach
Jun 16, 2006, 04:28 PM
[/quote]

of course there will be a fee to play PSU on PS2.

you really think they are going to let PS2 people play online for free while the other 2 versions pay?

this game is much like a mmorpg in that all versions must pay a fee to play them online.

[/quote]

Yes i do. PS2 has been doing it all its career for online play. I think the only few games they charged for online play were Ever quest as some of you know as EVER CRACK and FF11. There may be more. But i guess i just proved your case hahah im such a dumb a$$ lol. but good job they most likly will charge for the PSU online play. lol I cant believe my self lol. Congrats to Saner. lol http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif