PDA

View Full Version : I was wondering...

Ryoten
Jun 14, 2006, 01:58 PM
I was looking at the pictures about the weapons & I was wondering can you dual weild any diffenent colors of weapons? Like, a brand & a buster.

RFB
Jun 14, 2006, 02:00 PM
Nope, dual "anything" of the same kind is a separate kind of weapon. You cant equip 2 different sabers, you have to equip a dual saber, which means both are going to be the same.

Rider
Jun 14, 2006, 02:04 PM
Aww... That would've been neat.

OdinTyler
Jun 14, 2006, 02:26 PM
Not true. We've seen pics of dual wielding before. All depends on your current class type.

mechatra
Jun 14, 2006, 02:32 PM
Odin, he's talking about wielding the same type of weapon as a dual wield, so things like 2 sabers, or two daggers. Dual weapons are classed as one two handed weapon so you can't mix elements.

However you can mix and match elements on 1 hand melee weapons / canes, and 1 hand guns.

Saner
Jun 14, 2006, 02:51 PM
a blue and green sabers would've been so cool but ya the elemental system would be screwy if they allowed the option to mix.

Ryoten
Jun 14, 2006, 02:56 PM
That is what I was looking for. But I was looking forward to weilding a blue & gold sabers. Ahh man. So the colors of the weapons is element based, right?

Saner
Jun 14, 2006, 02:59 PM
yup. green is neutral though I think.

the same elements for the Shield Line System is the same for the weapons.

Red Fire
Blue Ice
Yellow Electric
Orange Earth
White Light
Purple Dark
Green General

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saner on 2006-06-14 13:00 ]</font>

Ryoten
Jun 14, 2006, 03:08 PM
Okay, now that is settle, I was wondering about the character creation. I seen a lot of details on it which bring me to this question: Can you put scars, marks, or any other things onto your character?

OdinTyler
Jun 14, 2006, 03:33 PM
I've seen pics of a char holding 2 sabers. You can't say that it's not possible. This is PSU, not PSO. You can hold a saber in 1 hand now & the other CAN be a saber or something else. Idk why you're saying it's not possible now.

zandra117
Jun 14, 2006, 04:22 PM
odin, the dual sabers is a different weapon than the single saber

SirenV
Jun 14, 2006, 04:38 PM
Yes, they are a separate weapon type... While you can mix and match certain on and off-hand weapons, not everything is equippable in the off-hand. What you're able to equip for main/off-hand is determined by class, I'm pretty sure. Singular weapons like a saber or dagger are equippable only for the main hand (for a hunter, anyway), and a handgun may be used for the offhand, or something like that. The only way to get a "double" anything is through its own weapon type "Dual Saber, Twin Dagger", etc. (And since together they're considered one weapon, I'm sure any element would count for both items)

If we could choose, then "Twin" items would serve no purpose. They may have done it due to the way the Photon Arts work and having to have a separate animation that accomodated both, or something.

However, we don't know how item synthesis will work. Maybe we can take two same-type weapons and put them together to make a twin weapon (maybe even w/ different elements), but I don't know. Personally I too liked the idea of mixing and matching, but I guess we just can't have it every way.

Edit: Oh! We're not saying you can't dual wield sabers... we're saying we don't think you can dual-wield separate colored sabers.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SirenV on 2006-06-14 14:48 ]</font>

Fleece
Jun 14, 2006, 08:06 PM
Rares will have different colours probably, Along the lines of pan arms........(Dont gflame its an example http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)

Ryoten
Jun 16, 2006, 01:49 PM
I guess when you find other things like materials to make things it will be in a different color box then the items & rares. I bet many people will have a lot of stores online to sell their custom made stuff.

OdinTyler
Jun 16, 2006, 02:09 PM
On 2006-06-14 14:22, zandra117 wrote:

Duh, I know. I've only played PSO since V1. I was saying how why am I the only one to think that it's possible to use 2 1 handed sabers at the same time? Has it actually been shown that we can't? No. Besides, what is the point of dual wielding, if not to be able to use any 2 1 handed weps you want (given your class, of course). Besides, I've seen pics proving it's possible.

Also, in talking with Espio awhile back, I think it's possible to wear more than 1 element (shielding) as it breaks up into various pieces. Theoretically, you should be able to wear at least 2 or more elements (much like PSO). I just hope it's just as easy to add elements to weapons as it is to shielding.

DizzyDi
Jun 16, 2006, 02:18 PM
On 2006-06-16 12:09, OdinTyler wrote:

On 2006-06-14 14:22, zandra117 wrote:

Duh, I know. I've only played PSO since V1. I was saying how why am I the only one to think that it's possible to use 2 1 handed sabers at the same time? Has it actually been shown that we can't? No. Besides, what is the point of dual wielding, if not to be able to use any 2 1 handed weps you want (given your class, of course). Besides, I've seen pics proving it's possible.

Also, in talking with Espio awhile back, I think it's possible to wear more than 1 element (shielding) as it breaks up into various pieces. Theoretically, you should be able to wear at least 2 or more elements (much like PSO). I just hope it's just as easy to add elements to weapons as it is to shielding.

Odin, you can dual wield 2 sabers, but you have to get the item "Dual Sabers" you can't get one saber, and then just equip another saber in the offhand. The same thign goes with handguns. If you have a handgun in your inventory and pick up a handgun off a killed moster, you won't be able to equip that dropped handgun in your offhand and still equip your original handgun. The only way you can dual wield 2 of the same weapon is the get the item "Dual/Double [Whatever item]". Get it?

-Klaus-
Jun 16, 2006, 02:36 PM
On 2006-06-14 13:33, OdinTyler wrote:
I've seen pics of a char holding 2 sabers. You can't say that it's not possible. This is PSU, not PSO. You can hold a saber in 1 hand now & the other CAN be a saber or something else. Idk why you're saying it's not possible now.

I think the point they're trying to make, is that you can't dual weild different elements, but you can dual weild different weapons.

Ryoten
Jun 16, 2006, 02:44 PM
I was hoping you could but it all points in one direction. I was looking at Ryna's saber line-up & she was using white sabers that she made. It looks like she was using a new type of sabers by how it looked. Can you make different looking sabers? 'like its shape & size'

Lyrise
Jun 16, 2006, 02:58 PM
On 2006-06-14 13:33, OdinTyler wrote:

That character holding 2 sabers is still considered equipping one weapon, since twin saber is considered a unique weapon type. Not to be confused with 2 1 handed sabers, because that's not really possible.

However, when dual arming weapons, the other weapon can NOT be a saber or a dagger. When you use a dual equip scheme, you must use 2 weapons that don't overlap in your hands. Most 1 handed guns are left handed. Most 1 handed blades are right handed. I have yet to see a 1 handed gun that equips on your right or a blade that equips on your left.

The only way that it could be possible to dual equip what you wanted, is if there is some kind of left hand saber or dagger in the game that certainly wasn't in the beta.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lyrise on 2006-06-16 13:00 ]</font>

Pacpunk
Jun 16, 2006, 03:32 PM
yeah im sure there is dual weilding cause i saw a video where the player had a gun and a saber in there hands he was shoting the gun then slahed with the saber.

Saner
Jun 17, 2006, 06:20 PM
white sabers???? any screenshots???

mechatra
Jun 17, 2006, 06:31 PM
Actually there was screenies at some point of a beta tester who had dual sabers of all seven different colours.

Green, Blue, Red, Yellow, Orange, Purple, White

Saner
Jun 17, 2006, 07:20 PM
On 2006-06-17 16:31, mechatra wrote:
Actually there was screenies at some point of a beta tester who had dual sabers of all seven different colours.

yup seen green, blue, red, purple and orange.

white sounds very interesting though. aaah where could the media be???

Neo_Strife
Jun 22, 2006, 12:00 PM
"If you were able to dual weild different elements I would try Fire and Darkness, that would be amazing, but can someone answer Ryotens 2nd question about scars...because I plan on adding scars to my character."

Neo.

Authenticate
Jun 22, 2006, 12:21 PM
There may be scars you can buy from shops farther in the game, but there aren't any scars in the default character creation options. We'll have to see if there are any when the game comes out. I'm sure some bored Japanese guy/gal or an importer will release a gallery of every clothing option available at some point. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Neo_Strife
Jun 22, 2006, 12:53 PM
"Thanks, I'll probably have a small line on my eye."

Lyrise
Jun 22, 2006, 01:01 PM
On 2006-06-17 16:31, mechatra wrote:

That was me. (And possibly some other people with the same idea, but all of mine are 4 and 5 stars)

For the person who asked about light weapons, here are some shots.

Grinding my Light Ryoudeilan (http://www.arc-drive.com/images/psu/ryoudeilan.JPG)
Ryoudeilan in action (http://www.arc-drive.com/images/psu/lights.JPG)
Another shot of the same weapon with solid photon effect. (http://www.arc-drive.com/images/psu/lights2.JPG)
Just for kicks, my collection. (http://www.arc-drive.com/images/psu/rainbow.JPG)

What I like as far as the style goes, is that the photon streaks depend on your background. If your surrounding colors are light, your trail is black. If your surrounding colors are dark, you'll get white.

DarthTyranus
Jun 22, 2006, 07:00 PM
Uh, may I have some translations please?

SirenV
Jun 22, 2006, 09:06 PM
Saner! Here are some more white weapons for your viewing pleasure http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif.

Sabers (http://psu.rdy.jp/src/up2097.jpg)
Knuckles (http://psu.rdy.jp/src/up1488.jpg)

Saner
Jun 22, 2006, 09:11 PM
wow thanx! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Ryoten
Jun 23, 2006, 10:00 AM
I think the combos can go beyond the so call 6-hit range. After seeing some of the gameplay footage, I think the combos are expanded because of your characters, & weapons he/she may have.