PDA

View Full Version : That will teach me, to use Myspace.

FinalMasterM
Jun 14, 2006, 04:21 PM
Long story short, I decided to finally setup an MySpace account out of total boredom.

After spending about 2 hours typing up a huge blog entry on my life til this point, the servers go down and I lose the entire post!

watashiwa
Jun 14, 2006, 04:26 PM
Which is why it's a habit of mine, when typing a long ass text entry that I have to submit on a webserver, to cut and paste a copy of it into Notepad before I hit Submit. =

Tystys
Jun 14, 2006, 04:36 PM
Myspace FTL.
Sorry to say.

CupOfCoffee
Jun 14, 2006, 04:49 PM
MySpace can be great if it's used correctly... unfortunately, as you now know, it is also the slowest and most glitchy website ever created by a human. XD

FinalMasterM
Jun 14, 2006, 04:52 PM
There, I posted an even longer responce. I had copied and pasted about half of it then forgot todo it again when I was ready to submit my entry. So I rushed the other half. Oh well. there's always later...

Charmander02
Jun 14, 2006, 05:26 PM
Why use Myspace when there's messenger?

Besides all there is to my space is taking pictures of yourself in awkward positions.

GrumblyStuff
Jun 14, 2006, 06:12 PM
MySpace... pfft. DeadJournal all the way though I haven't touched mine in a year or year and a half.

KodiaX987
Jun 14, 2006, 06:31 PM
On 2006-06-14 14:49, CupOfCoffee wrote:
MySpace can be great if it's used correctly... unfortunately, as you now know, it is also the slowest and most glitchy website ever created by a human. XD

Neopets beats MySpace by a mile when it comes to sheer glitchiness and downtimes. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

FinalMasterM
Jun 14, 2006, 07:06 PM
On 2006-06-14 16:31, KodiaX987 wrote:

On 2006-06-14 14:49, CupOfCoffee wrote:

Neopets beats MySpace by a mile when it comes to sheer glitchiness and downtimes. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

My next blog entry, at least next big one, will talk about things I did on the net, including Neopets, oh man...

FinalMasterM
Jun 15, 2006, 11:00 AM
On 2006-06-14 14:52, FinalMasterM wrote:
There, I posted an even longer responce. I had copied and pasted about half of it then forgot todo it again when I was ready to submit my entry. So I rushed the other half. Oh well. there's always later...

Cuz it's annoying to copy/paste a page worth of things you want to say to people on a messenger when you can just blog it and let people read it when they can, anytime, as many times as you want.

Btw, I also updated my page with some graphics and a video. I had a nice, cute, background of Shinobu, but it didn't make reading anything easier, so I removed it for now.

Polly
Jun 15, 2006, 12:00 PM
AWESOME, KEEP US UPDATED!!!

TheOneHero
Jun 15, 2006, 12:40 PM
I had a MySpace for about 10-15 minutes. Then I realized how crappy it was. :3

I don't like looking at ads for other people's MySpaces or "cool new people" when I'm trying to view my own fricking page. XD

Sharkyland
Jun 15, 2006, 01:11 PM
The only thing I don't like about myspace is that certain browser don't read it correctly and there are some who put music on their webpage and it gets annoying as hell (like where the hell is this playing). Even if flash ad's weren't bad enough with 'Hey, you won something' just speaking out of nowhere.

phunk
Jun 15, 2006, 08:24 PM
I love my Myspace, its great for networking and meeting all sorts of people that have the same interests as yourself. I don't agree on using it as a dating service though, go out and find someone if you want to date that bad. Feel free to add me: http://www.myspace.com/phunk

Eanae
Jun 15, 2006, 08:32 PM
myspace is for emo conformists

FinalMasterM
Jun 15, 2006, 11:00 PM
On 2006-06-15 10:00, Triela wrote:
AWESOME, KEEP US UPDATED!!!

Keeping people updated would null the use of having a MySpace, lol. Just add it to your favorites and hop on it once and awhile. The only things that will ever get updated are my blog entrys and I'll change the layout every other week or month, depending on my mood.

darthsaber9x9
Jun 16, 2006, 08:40 AM
On 2006-06-15 18:32, Eanae wrote:

If you're not joking, then you're a narrowmided fuckwit.

As someone pointed out, it's great for networking, more so for me as a musician.

Eanae
Jun 16, 2006, 01:34 PM
On 2006-06-16 06:40, darthsaber9x9 wrote:

On 2006-06-15 18:32, Eanae wrote:

If you're not joking, then you're a narrowmided fuckwit.

As someone pointed out, it's great for networking, more so for me as a musician.

Myspace has indeed provided an opportunity for people's names to get brought out there, but look at the majority of it's usage. What has Myspace been doing to assure protection of it's younger audience? Nothing that i can see. Most people I know say, "I guess I'll just go with the crowd and make a myspace", like it's some kind of requirement now a days. People in my school create a my space for other people slandering their names. People have gotten sued in my town for it. Myspace may have it's positive side, but I'd say the negative outweigh the positvie with it. Stricter moderation, or take the damn thing off the internet for the world's own good.

Mixfortune
Jun 16, 2006, 01:56 PM
Flamebait elsewhere please.
And darth... hazzah.

In any case, the original topic would be more fitting of Rants... though since there's not much meat to it, and the topic just seems to have become a scattered discussion with no real focus...

DizzyDi
Jun 16, 2006, 02:06 PM
WELCOME TO FKL, THREAD.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jun 16, 2006, 02:27 PM
On 2006-06-16 12:06, DizzyDi wrote:
THAT'LL TEACH ME, TO USE THE INTERNET.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v468/HAYABUSA-FMW-/266983_monitor_punch.jpg

Pinky and two other rings?!

Stan
Jun 16, 2006, 02:31 PM
oh goody

darthsaber9x9
Jun 16, 2006, 03:30 PM
On 2006-06-16 11:34, Eanae wrote:

Myspace has indeed provided an opportunity for people's names to get brought out there, but look at the majority of it's usage. What has Myspace been doing to assure protection of it's younger audience? Nothing that i can see. Most people I know say, "I guess I'll just go with the crowd and make a myspace", like it's some kind of requirement now a days. People in my school create a my space for other people slandering their names. People have gotten sued in my town for it. Myspace may have it's positive side, but I'd say the negative outweigh the positvie with it. Stricter moderation, or take the damn thing off the internet for the world's own good.

Try to seperate the site and the majority of the retards who use it.

I always fail to see why the kind of happenings in your post annoy people. Other people get a myspace to join a community with their friends. Doesn't mean you have to, nor does it mean that you have to look at it.

At the end of the day, if people want to slag other people off and such then they'll find an outlet either way. I don't think that myspace should necessarily do anything to protect it's younger audience. You could say that about many sites.

The bottom line: PEOPLE SUXZOR!

Mixfortune
Jun 16, 2006, 05:49 PM
Pinata.