PDA

View Full Version : PSU PC: keyboard or controller

xMutex
Jun 14, 2006, 04:56 PM
I'll probably be getting PSU for computer and was jsut wondering what would be betetr for game play in your opinions. To use a controller or to just use the keyboard and mouse?

StarWind09
Jun 14, 2006, 04:59 PM
well i have played on both the console and pc... my own personal opinion is that the controller + keyboard is the way to go. having only one of them leaves you at a disadvantage.
just using keyboard is easy for typing(talking) but isn't very fun and comfortable to play with
whereas the controller is very comfortable for game play but is a hassel when talking with people.
Your best bet is to find yourself a good gamepad and use both the controller and keyboard.

SirenV
Jun 14, 2006, 05:07 PM
In terms of accuracy with movement (of character and camera), I'd suggest an analog controller to complement your keyboard for communication. Becuase the game was designed with the PS2 in mind @_@;, I'm pretty sure... so that's what I'm going to do.

uhawww
Jun 14, 2006, 05:17 PM
The Keyboard + Controller.
The setup from PSOBB, I thought, was brilliant, seeing as you can map individual spells and items to keys instead of having to jump from quick menu to quick menu for it.

Kyuu
Jun 14, 2006, 05:21 PM
On 2006-06-14 15:17, uhawww wrote:
The Keyboard + Controller.
The setup from PSOBB, I thought, was brilliant, seeing as you can map individual spells and items to keys instead of having to jump from quick menu to quick menu for it.

What s/he said.

Fleece
Jun 14, 2006, 07:28 PM
This has been covered LOTS

There's search for a reason. No Offence.

Kimil
Jun 14, 2006, 09:07 PM
I say both, I'm using the PS2 most likley, so I'm buying a UBS keyboard too

ElfKitty
Jun 16, 2006, 12:47 PM
Controller + Keyboard for me! That's why I'm getting the PC version =)

daddy_zach
Jun 16, 2006, 06:05 PM
Dont get all anal over it just pick one. lol no matter what you chose your going to have to hold it whether you like it or not.

Pure-chan
Jun 18, 2006, 03:24 AM
Controller and KB for me, too. I was without a kb for all of DC Ver. 1 and 2 and about a year of GC. If I never look at a soft keyboard again, it will be much too soon.

And hi ElfKitty http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif it's nice to see so many Seattle, Bellevue and Redmond PSOers on here lately!

Lord_DS
Jun 18, 2006, 04:29 AM
It's a sega game thought to be play for ps2 and with a controller, plus it's an ACTION rpg. No doubt the controller is the best way.

Sgt_Shligger
Jun 20, 2006, 04:06 AM
I always use a controller for any game that accepts it. I own three controllers... a flight stick, PS2 like controller, and an Xbox 360 PC controller. Keyboard, controller, and microphone. If you know a lot of people you are playing with, I recommend getting a voice chatting program like Skype.

F-o-x
Jun 20, 2006, 10:13 AM
Sorry to sound like a broken record, but I pretty much agree with everyone else. I couldn't imagine playing PSU with anything other than a controller for movement/attacking ect. Save the keyboard for typing. I tried playing PSO:BB with a kb and mouse setup and it felt horrible.

Pure-chan
Jun 20, 2006, 02:04 PM
On the subject of controllers for PC, do any CBT'ers have feedback on using the SmartJoy USB / Playstation2 adapter on PSU?

Thanks http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Fleece
Jun 20, 2006, 06:06 PM
ive heard it worked really well on the PSu beta and even had force feedback