PDA

View Full Version : controller ideas.

justinbrady
Jun 14, 2006, 07:03 PM
alright so a few people have said the keyboard + controller set up is great for playing on the comp. so do you guys have any COMPUTER controller suggestions. i already have a good keyboard. thanks

Rider
Jun 14, 2006, 07:09 PM
I'm planning on getting a xbox 360 controller or a ps2 controller to use for this game on my computer. I don't really want to use anything outside of console controllers because I'm comfortable with most of those. But I suppose you will be fine on any controller as long as it's not some cheap one. I'd suggest just getting one that feels comfortable in your hands and you like the button/joystick placement on the thing. I know some controllers out there have odd places to put buttons on them. You're going to be holding it for a while so might aswell get something nice to be holding. and doesn't feel like you're reaching around to hit a button with your finger.

Fleece
Jun 14, 2006, 07:10 PM
Xbox 360 Joypad, theyre the biz on PC's, Get the wired version Obviously

mechatra
Jun 15, 2006, 03:18 AM
I don't even game on my PC, it's just not something that attracts me really, but almost everyone I see seems to really like the 360 controller for PC gaming, so I guess I would suggest it too due to public popularity.

Blitzkommando
Jun 15, 2006, 04:15 PM
I rather like the design of the Xbox360 controller. I picked one up with a gift card I recieved for Christmas and I find it makes playing racing games rather easy compared to a stick type. Also, for my short sojourn on PSOBB I used it and it worked decently enough althouth PSOBB didn't quite recognize all of the features, but that was the fault of the program not the controller.

I did find however that the driver update for it screwed up the input. I went back to the default driver included on the CD that came with it and that fixed the issue.

xMutex
Jun 15, 2006, 04:26 PM
I've used the 360 controller once or twice at freinds but dont have it for hook up but its what everyone says in every forum about them lol, btw do you have to buy them special for computer for special hookup or do they start off with the proper hookup never looked at 1 to see what kinda hook up they have?

VioletSkye
Jun 15, 2006, 04:37 PM
Plug it into a USB port on your PC. There's no special PC version.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2006-06-15 14:38 ]</font>

Kyuu
Jun 15, 2006, 05:13 PM
Technically there is a "special" PC version... however, the only actual difference is that the PC one comes with a CD-ROM with the drivers and some software on it. You don't need the CD, though. You can download the drivers from Microsoft's website, or find some 3rd party ones.

daddy_zach
Jun 16, 2006, 05:40 PM
just stick with the key board. no reason to get all anal about a controller or key board. lol