PDA

View Full Version : Ack! Where are they!

Zargata
Jun 14, 2006, 08:56 PM
I was just looking at all the new and old stuff for PSU, and then it hit me. Where are my fav floating slugs? Did they kill the MAG thing in this game?
O_O if that is true then my Sato dreams are crushed.
Please say it ain't true.

Kimil
Jun 14, 2006, 09:05 PM
Its true, sorta.
Their are still 'floating slugs', but now they dont float over your shoulder, now they stay in your room until they reach a certain level and then they actually follow you if you want into games and fight as a robot slave

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kimil on 2006-06-14 19:05 ]</font>

Dhylec
Jun 14, 2006, 09:07 PM
See this for some more info
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=listarticles&secid=202

Kimil
Jun 14, 2006, 09:08 PM
They are named PM's (Partner Machinery) instead of MAGs (WTF did that stand for anyways?)

OdinTyler
Jun 14, 2006, 09:45 PM
Mobile Assist Guardian

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

-Crokar-
Jun 14, 2006, 09:51 PM
i though they were mutated aggresion genes

xMutex
Jun 14, 2006, 10:16 PM
while we are on the subject of PMs I don't beleive they give you enhancements like Mags did do they? they just hold your inventory like the bank in pso and once your PM is high enough level it transforms and kills enemies with you right?

Zargata
Jun 14, 2006, 11:07 PM
Hmm...then I guess there is no limit move thingies either?

OdinTyler
Jun 14, 2006, 11:24 PM
On 2006-06-14 19:51, -Crokar- wrote:
i though they were mutated aggresion genes

NO! That sounds like an insult to mags. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Anyway, yes it seems PMs act as our bankers & they definitely do help us craft items & will eventually get to travel with us. For the life of our chars, they are our partners, hence the name Partner Machinery.

TheStoicOne
Jun 14, 2006, 11:40 PM
Though BETA testers did all of this stuff, did anyone actually level their PM to fighting lvl? What is it? What was the highest level someone got? That last one would help to detemine about what level they evolve at.

Zargata
Jun 14, 2006, 11:51 PM
*sigh* They go into battle once they are human looken...
So it only means, I can't rain down sato-based doom on anyone anymore in this game.
*sulks*

-Crokar-
Jun 15, 2006, 12:10 AM
well they like make you stonger and people usually are stronger when there like angry and show lots of aggression and lok at them they evolve thats like mutating and genes well i dont know what to say about that but there good genes

Saner
Jun 15, 2006, 12:14 AM
On 2006-06-14 21:07, Zargata wrote:
Hmm...then I guess there is no limit move thingies either?

there are much better special attacks now.

now all weapons have unique special attacks/ammo you can equip. and they look like they will surpass the amount of Photon Blast types PSO had.

plus SUVs are special Cast attacks that are even cooler than Photon Blasts.

and Beasts Nanoblasts are really cool too!

so it's really good they removed the MAGs from this universe and keep the Partner Machinery at home, with the option to evolve them into an ally you can take with you if there is space in the part.

anyways MAGs were too much like babysitters, it was too convenient using them to boost your stats further. feeding them was a chore too.

I'm glad they finally use the classic Phantasy Star style of heroes, without depending on floating devices to have cool attacks and decent stats.

SirenV
Jun 15, 2006, 12:41 AM
On 2006-06-14 22:14, Saner wrote:

anyways MAGs were too much like babysitters, it was too convenient using them to boost your stats further. feeding them was a chore too.

I'm glad they finally use the classic Phantasy Star style of heroes, without depending on floating devices to have cool attacks and decent stats.

Agreed http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

On 2006-06-14 22:10, -Crokar- wrote:
well they like make you stonger and people usually are stronger when there like angry and show lots of aggression and lok at them they evolve thats like mutating and genes well i dont know what to say about that but there good genes

... What?

Hehe, nono, I get it, XD... I think, lol. =)

Nai_Calus
Jun 15, 2006, 01:09 AM
Mag stands for Mildly Annoying Gewgaw.

Actually, nobody knows, it's never officially stated anywhere what, if anything, it stands for.

I must decry PSU's lack of Rati. Boo. Hiss. :<

(Question. We've only seen, that I know of, little mini RAcaseal PMs. Yet Ethan's PM is supposedly 'male' since it's named Pete and all... X3 So do they all turn to RAcaseals and thus it's retarded, do they have different genders of PMs, do you get to pick what it looks like, what?)

(Rati. T_T)

-Crokar-
Jun 15, 2006, 01:57 AM
most dont understand me

Tycho
Jun 15, 2006, 02:16 AM
On 2006-06-14 23:09, Ian-KunX wrote:
Mag stands for Mildly Annoying Gewgaw.

Actually, nobody knows, it's never officially stated anywhere what, if anything, it stands for.

I must decry PSU's lack of Rati. Boo. Hiss. :<

(Question. We've only seen, that I know of, little mini RAcaseal PMs. Yet Ethan's PM is supposedly 'male' since it's named Pete and all... X3 So do they all turn to RAcaseals and thus it's retarded, do they have different genders of PMs, do you get to pick what it looks like, what?)

(Rati. T_T)

Their behaviour reminds me of this one piece of armor from PSO:BB that was censoringly renamed to 'Dress Plate' in the localized version.

DizzyDi
Jun 15, 2006, 02:26 AM
On 2006-06-14 21:51, Zargata wrote:
*sigh* They go into battle once they are human looken...
So it only means, I can't rain down sato-based doom on anyone anymore in this game.
*sulks*

Actually the human lookin PM might be only one evolved form. We don't know what the others look like so don't give up just yet. I'm sure some of the old, classic MAGs will make a return as a PM in some form.

Zidave
Jun 15, 2006, 02:53 AM
"O_O if that is true then my Sato dreams are crushed. "

LOL Zargata, I am the same way. My Sato MAG wasnt' even that great, but I ALWAYS used it in PSO. I loved Sato! Mine was black. There is a new trailer with lots of gameplay video on IGN too, it shows some little robot guy, he's pretty big, but still I can't see them not including a Sato! lol

daddy_zach
Jun 16, 2006, 06:24 PM
If what you guys are sayin is true, then why do they just follow you for items and such? they most likly will be like the PSO mag, they evovlve the same etc.... but now they are modified to hold items and such. I think they would be the same just modified a little bit.

mechatra
Jun 17, 2006, 12:53 PM
^ Apart from PMs don't effect your stats in any direct way that we know of. Also untill they take on a battle-ready form, the PM's will actually stay in your room as a house keep, item-snyther, and storage device.

Saner
Jun 17, 2006, 06:16 PM
um I don't think they are storage devices because characters have a in-home bank for that.

anyways I guess the other reason I don't like MAGS is because I am not a pet lover. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

mechatra
Jun 17, 2006, 06:26 PM
>_>

Saner, IIRC it's already been stated that PM's act as a large personal bank for their owner.

The storage compartment in your room is a smaller bank which is shared between all characters on your account.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mechatra on 2006-06-17 16:27 ]</font>

Saner
Jun 17, 2006, 07:18 PM
what-everrr http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

TheGreyCliche
Jun 17, 2006, 07:52 PM
to be completely honest, i'm really not excited about the new PM's... just because i don't want some little bot following me around killing things, it's one thing if it's just there for support and companionship like MAGs were... but if i want to solo, then i want to SOLO, i don't want to share my kills with some stupid humanoid bot. i'm locking that dumb thing up in my room, i'll only level it so i can synthesize things better.

i really hope my character won't be at a dissadvantage because of this... but i even get upset just thinking about sharing my kills with other peoples PM"s...

i don't trust those bots... no heart... just lights and clockwork...

TheyCallMeJoe
Jun 17, 2006, 08:19 PM
If the mobile-combat PM's are just going to be automated bots, it'll probably be less exciting. In that case, I'd rather have a cool Mag (*cough* rati *Cough*) floating behind me. BUT if you could equip your PM (like the mercenaries in Diablo II), that would be something I could look forward to.

Unfortunately, the whole equipping thing is a far-shot http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Saner
Jun 19, 2006, 09:27 PM
they work like the PSU NPCs you can 'summon' and 'call back' as long as there is a party slot open. although I think they can't be in a mission if you didn't enlist them beforehand.

at least that's how it looks. obvioudly they are a.i. controlled because there's no way a player can control 2 on their own.

but ya it's purly optional taking a PM with you into missions. so there's no problem.

it's great you don't need to depend on PMs to be a great HU, FO, RA. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

so ya PMs are definitely better than those annoying MAGs. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif