PDA

View Full Version : Is there PVP in PSU?

daddy_zach
Jun 15, 2006, 05:41 PM
Is there PVP in PSU or are you going to have to go into a separate mode like PSOBB and PSO?

It would be nice if you could just straight up knock someone on there a$$ in the city or the areas.

Ryna
Jun 15, 2006, 05:44 PM
At the present time, there is no confirmed PvP content for PSU. Also, there will be nothing like 'Battle Mode' in the initial release of PSU.

daddy_zach
Jun 15, 2006, 05:51 PM
I dident really like battle mode but it was cool for when things got old.

Ryoten
Jun 16, 2006, 11:03 AM
Ahh to test your skill aganist another player. By the looks of the game, the battles would be chaotic. Please let it have PvP.

Pheromone
Jun 16, 2006, 11:22 AM
On 2006-06-15 15:44, Ryna wrote:
At the present time, there is no confirmed PvP content for PSU. Also, there will be nothing like 'Battle Mode' in the initial release of PSU.

keyword, initial.. they said they could add it if/when they wanted to, but they did say it wont be in the initial, so mr. squirrel avatar dude, there is hope yet.

SoshiStrife23
Jun 16, 2006, 05:46 PM
I hope they do. I don't always like helping my friends, I want to destroy them.

daddy_zach
Jun 16, 2006, 05:48 PM
Nice dude!!!

PhotonCat
Jun 16, 2006, 07:53 PM
I hope they add in a "battle mode" of sorts again in PSU. It was fun.
But they need to get rid of the "collision", it was so annoying to get trapped somewhere because people would block or hurdle around you...

SirenV
Jun 16, 2006, 08:24 PM
Well, I just have to say that Battlemode was utterly retarded regarding cheats. I don't really like battle mode, I generally like teaming up instead of facing eachother, but... either way..Once in GC PSO this RAmar pestered me to face him (I should have known why) until I finally did - turns out he had maxed out his stats. I lost all my weapons (during the fight), but almost killed him once (or maybe I did kill him, I don't remember) by getting behind walls and casting good old foie! XD. He got frustrated, and it was totally pointless for me.

In PSU however I could imagine that the battles would be outreagous and intense.. which might be sort of fun... As long as it's legit.

JAR
Jun 16, 2006, 08:28 PM
Maybe they could impliment a duel system like the one in WoW, that would seem like the most practical form of PVP for PSU.

Authenticate
Jun 16, 2006, 11:06 PM
They could name the PvP area the "Training Hall" or something like that. Have a few different modes, like "Stock Gear" "Bring your own Gear" "Set Level 10-20-30-40-etc with Stock Gear" blah blah etc. What better way to test your skills than a fight with a fellow Guardian?

Ibuka
Jun 16, 2006, 11:30 PM
This is my very first post here on PSOW ^_^ I really hope Sonicteam will add a Battle Mode in PSU in the future pretty soon. I was a hardcore Battle rule 6'er on PSO DC and GC. I know PSU will have really tight things to do in the game but i mostly had Battlers as friends on PSO then Levelers. So i really hope Sonicteam will add a Battle Mode

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ibuka on 2006-06-16 21:33 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ibuka on 2006-06-16 21:33 ]</font>

Jolt
Jun 17, 2006, 04:08 AM
On 2006-06-16 21:06, JAR wrote:
Maybe they could impliment a duel system like the one in WoW, that would seem like the most practical form of PVP for PSU.

I like the sound of that. You could maybe then put items up for wage if the PvP was like this.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jolt on 2006-06-17 02:10 ]</font>

JAR
Jun 18, 2006, 10:20 AM
Ya I like the idea of putting an item up for stake, but in PSU the duels wouldn't be a rock paper scissors type of fight like it was with the classes in WoW.

HiKeRI
Jun 18, 2006, 11:36 AM
PSU don't need the PvP.. though if they add one please not to be simple like past PSO's battle mode's etc

Ibuka
Jun 18, 2006, 11:55 AM
Well if you mean by game play wise i guess it was simple.. But Battle Rules like 2.3.4. and 6 were expert battle rules... But if you mean like how unbalanced PSO battle mode was then yeah... lol Pretty much Hunter Battlers wouldn't fight Force Battlers... And poor Rangers only owned Rule 1... Which Battle Rule 1 isn't fun... With all the hacks etc... Sadly Ep3 was a better balanced game then Ep1&2. But i just hope if PSU has a battle mode someday that they'll make all the class able to fight one another

Dahilia
Jun 18, 2006, 01:04 PM
I hope they at least add an arena later on. :

zandra117
Jun 18, 2006, 05:21 PM
If they use the Guild Wars PVP system it would be perfect. 2 teams 6 vs 6 max or 3 vs 3 max. This game seems to be heavily influenced by the Guild Wars way of roaming around. This is very possible.

Mewn
Jun 18, 2006, 06:13 PM
They'll probably add something someway down the line. I wouldn't mind PvP if it didn't suck, like it does in PSO :B