PDA

View Full Version : New Famitsu scans: new enemies, areas revealed

EspioKaos
Jun 15, 2006, 10:16 PM
Jeux-France (http://www.jeux-france.com/news16298_psu-s-approche-en-images.html) just posted four scans from the latest issue of Famitsu revealing some new areas and enemies you'll encounter in Phantasy Star Universe. I'm still working on translating more of the article, but here's a little info to hold you guys over.

First off, on Neudaiz, you'll go to a Gurhal (I'm still not used to spelling it that way) temple called Hakura Temple. There you'll encounter a series of mechanical enemies called Baisha ver.B. (The translation of this is pretty loose. The kanji after "baisha" means "second," but can be translated as ver.2, ver.B, type B, etc., etc.) At the end of the level, you'll meet the boss of the temple: Adahna Degahna. It's that huge green robot we saw in some recent videos.

Next, Shikon Archipelago on Neudaiz. Some of the enemies shown here include ones from Mizuraki Preserve, such as the Gohmon and Agiita. A new creature, however, is the Kamatouzu. It's that thing with swords in place of hands that as a humanoid upper body meshed with a four-legged... thing. It's so weird looking I can't even describe it properly. o_o;

Not much new here. The next section talks about Gallenigalé Canyon on Moatoob and shows off the Vanda as well as the Grina Beat S. It also has a little bit about the Lunga and Striker.

The fourth page has some info on entering your name into the drawing for the PSU Premiere Disc for PS2.

That's about it. I'll try to do some more translations soon so I can get a little more info out to you guys.

EDIT: Spelling.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EspioKaos on 2006-06-15 22:38 ]</font>

Ryna
Jun 15, 2006, 10:41 PM
Thanks for sharing the article EspioKaos. It is comforting to see Famitsu putting out some new articles.

voxie
Jun 15, 2006, 11:10 PM
Excellent stuff, I was looking to get a copy! I guess that's the 'lottery' form that was mentioned.

Dhylec
Jun 15, 2006, 11:19 PM
Hmm.. it's sure nice to see more info on this game. The new enemies are.. bizarre. ;]

Tomeeboy
Jun 15, 2006, 11:47 PM
Probably a good chance that we'll see some of this repeated on the official site for the Friday update... cool stuff!

EspioKaos
Jun 16, 2006, 01:35 AM
The article seems to have some pretty basic info on the enemies. Here's a synopsis of the information presented.

Shikon Archipelago
80% of the surface of Neudaiz is covered with water. As a result, almost all of the land on the planet is in the form of small islands (such as the Shikon Archipelago) and marshlands.

Gohmon
This enemy is somewhat slow, so it's generally easy to kill. It attacks by casting barta.

Agiita
A very fast, bi-pedal monster.

Kamatouzu
Not only does it attack with basic melee using its dual swords, it can also use various technics and has a powerful foward sword thrust.

Hakura Temple
The vast majority of the people who live on Neudaiz are followers of the Gurhal religion. As a result, the land is dotted with numerous places of worship. Though they were originally not enemies, events in the story mode lead to Ethan and company fighting against members of the Communion of Gurhal in Hakura Temple.

Baisha ver.B
The Baisha series was designed to protect places such as Hakura Temple from enemy attacks. There are two versions, appropriately named Baisha ver.A and Baisha ver.B. From the screens shown, it looks like these types are narrowed down even further according to model numbers. One screen shows Ethan fighting a Baisha ver.B Model 32.

Adahna Degahna
This mechanical behemoth is the boss of Hakura Temple. Aside from its powerful melee attacks, it's also capable of casting technics.

EDIT: Spelling.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EspioKaos on 2006-06-16 08:03 ]</font>

Tycho
Jun 16, 2006, 02:49 AM
Nice info, thanks. ^ ^;

Saner
Jun 16, 2006, 07:24 AM
WOW!! very cool stuff! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Golvellius
Jun 16, 2006, 08:32 AM
Adahna Degahna is my pet now.

zandra117
Jun 16, 2006, 08:37 AM
Hakura Temple
The vast majority of the people who live on Neudaiz are followers of the Gurhal religion. As a result, the land is dotted with numerous places of worship. Though they were originally not enemies, events in the story mode lead to Ethan and company fighting against members of the Communion of Gurhal in Hakura Temple.

I have a feeling that this is going to be a reference to Zio's temple from PSIV. Maybe the people in this temple became corrupt and went to the dark side . http://pscave.com/ps4/ps4e/zioanim1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zandra117 on 2006-06-16 06:38 ]</font>

Nisshoku
Jun 16, 2006, 10:31 AM
EspioKaos, you've yet again, done a great service to all rational PSU fans. If I could hug you, I would. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

EspioKaos
Jun 16, 2006, 10:34 AM
No problem, guys. Glad to be of assistance. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Now, for a little more info.

Gallenigalé Canyon
In this area, you'll go up against some Rogues who have settled in the deepest area of an abandoned mine. The canyon leading up to this mine is filled with many ferocious monsters; while in the caverns inside the mine, however, you'll encounter Rogues as well as their guard machinery. Two of the Rogues you'll battle against include Ogg who uses sabers and Jasse who uses handguns. Gohma Mesuna is one type of guard machinery shown in the screenshots.

Vanda
A native creature of Moatoob turned violent. They always travel in packs and the leader of each group can command its followers to spit fire at their enemies.

Grina Beat S
Humanoid attack machinery used by the Alliance Military Force. They are able to utilize a number of different attack methods. (From previous translations I've done, I recall they have the ability to freely morph their hands into blades and guns to easily switch between CQC and ranged attacks.)

Ryoten
Jun 16, 2006, 10:39 AM
Thanks for the heads up about Hakura Temple & the monsters. Now we can travel safely, so I think...

EspioKaos
Jun 16, 2006, 11:03 AM
Here's what's mentioned about the Lunga and Striker. Not much new stuff, really, but I figured I might as well post it.

Lunga
This cute-looking creature is a high-speed native of Moatoob. While riding on its back, you'll be able to attack enemies with its fire breath as well as travel at great speeds. However, while running continuously, the Lunga's stamina will drop, so you must keep an eye on this.

Striker
A floating assault vehicle used by the Alliance Military Force. What the Striker lacks in the way of speed and maneuverability (it's rather slow and clunky) it more than makes up for with firepower.

phunk
Jun 16, 2006, 12:18 PM
Very nice, I'm impressed by the detail and personality they're giving to the monsters.

OdinTyler
Jun 16, 2006, 12:57 PM
So I can presume the Striker will be on Parum since it was developed by the AMF? Or will we see it on all 3 planets. Being that Neudaiz is mostly water, the Striker will predominantly be the vehicle of choice there.

As for Ethan having to fight some members of the C.O.G., that doesn't shock me. A religious institution with a high level of power & influence...I saw this coming. That's not necessarily a bad thing as it may uncover important story elements I look foward to unfolding as I play.

Oh & good job as always, Espio. You didn't happen to find any new pics (such as closeups of these machine enemies), did you?

EspioKaos
Jun 16, 2006, 01:30 PM
On 2006-06-16 10:57, OdinTyler wrote:
So I can presume the Striker will be on Parum since it was developed by the AMF? Or will we see it on all 3 planets. Being that Neudaiz is mostly water, the Striker will predominantly be the vehicle of choice there.
So far I've only seen it in use on Moatoob. But, I imagine it could be used on the other planets as well.

As for Ethan having to fight some members of the C.O.G., that doesn't shock me. A religious institution with a high level of power & influence...I saw this coming. That's not necessarily a bad thing as it may uncover important story elements I look foward to unfolding as I play.
Me, too. After seeing screens a while back of Ethan and party fighting C.O.G. guards, I've been kind of curious what put them at arms. Can't wait to find out.

Oh & good job as always, Espio. You didn't happen to find any new pics (such as closeups of these machine enemies), did you?
Thanks. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif There are a few new pics in the magazine scans, but they don't really have much that can be made out. The pic that shows a pack of Gohma Mesuna, for example, doesn't really have a good shot of them. The main one is mostly covered up by Ethan's Photon Arts trail. The Baisha ver.B has a good pic plus a CG rendering, and the Adahna Degahna has a decent pic. That thing's so huge, though, that it difficult to get the entire structure in one shot unless it's really far away from the camera. XD I was hoping we'd get an official site update today that would show off more screens and CG art of these new enemies. Maybe next week.

daddy_zach
Jun 16, 2006, 01:45 PM
Great info. Thanks A lot

OdinTyler
Jun 16, 2006, 02:15 PM
On 2006-06-16 11:30, EspioKaos wrote:
So far I've only seen it in use on Moatoob. But, I imagine it could be used on the other planets as well.

Me, too. After seeing screens a while back of Ethan and party fighting C.O.G. guards, I've been kind of curious what put them at arms. Can't wait to find out.

Thanks. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif There are a few new pics in the magazine scans, but they don't really have much that can be made out. The pic that shows a pack of Gohma Mesuna, for example, doesn't really have a good shot of them. The main one is mostly covered up by Ethan's Photon Arts trail. The Baisha ver.B has a good pic plus a CG rendering, and the Adahna Degahna has a decent pic. That thing's so huge, though, that it difficult to get the entire structure in one shot unless it's really far away from the camera. XD I was hoping we'd get an official site update today that would show off more screens and CG art of these new enemies. Maybe next week.

1. Which vehicle were you referring to as only on Moatoob? If it's the Lunga, it probably is only there. If it's the Flowder, I've seen pics/video of it's use on Neudaiz & Moatoob (probably Parum too as there is probably some water areas). The Flowder isn't just a hydro vehicle. It's a hovercraft, so theoretically, usable in any wide-open environment as it technically doesn't touch the ground during use.

2. I wasn't referring to any C.O.G. pics. Just based on what we know of the story, I knew this would happen. Anytime a religious institution gets into power (IRL or otherwise), expect conspiracy, controversy, & treachery. Skepticism maybe, but, not exactly misplaced.

3. When you can get some pics, I'm sure you'll post them. What's this big machine you're talking about & where is it located? Have I seen it? Btw, what's the name of that tall monster with the big sword that could kick a Delsaber's ass from here to back to the Ruins? They were fun to fight! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif