PDA

View Full Version : "Reality" TV

Ma_Navu
Jun 16, 2006, 11:50 AM
I HAVE to pose this question, and try to get an answer for this. Why, in God's name, do they have a genre of shows called, "Reality T.V.?" The shows, by no means, involve any reality-based concepts.

For example, Fox is bringing out a new show called "Solitary," where they get a group of people and put them each in a separate hexagonal room so their sanity will generally rot away. Meanwhile, random shiz goes on starts happening, like a siren sounding in the middle of the night for, like, 90 minutes straight. Since when the fuck is it reality to be forced to live in a hexagonal room where people torture you!? Hell, if that's all it takes to call something "Reality," then I got a new idea for a reality T.V. show!

Here's my concept: it's like Survivor, the show where you get a group of people and drop 'em on a deserted island and watch as they fight amongst eachother and vote the least liked one off of the island. EXCEPT! It won't be about random, normal people. It will be rich cocksuckers who look like the Monopoly Guy! And instead of voting 'em off, it'll be a "Last One Standing" competition, where they'll be forced to kill one another and/or become cannibals for the first time in their pampered lives! Watch as they literally fight amongst eachother, merely for our entertainment, like they (probably) did to us! Go for the neck! I wanna see blood~!

*Note- This is merely a joke. Please don't take this literally.

GreenArcher
Jun 16, 2006, 01:22 PM
Modern television.....FTL http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Green_Archer3 on 2006-06-16 11:22 ]</font>

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jun 16, 2006, 01:51 PM
Somebody is watching it, so they keep making it.

The solution is to stop the people who watch it, impossible without an Ocean's 11 type power outage heist, or just not care soo much since you're not going to be watching it anyway.

There's more things out there to worry about, just watch that one reality show called, the news. Its on everyday on many channels, in the morning, the afternoon and at night. And its usually bad.

Allos
Jun 16, 2006, 02:50 PM
Watch the credits of most reality shows. They usually have writers. Interesting...

Ma_Navu
Jun 16, 2006, 03:08 PM
On 2006-06-16 12:50, Allos wrote:
Watch the credits of most reality shows. They usually have writers. Interesting...

That just raises even further question! If it's a "Reality" show, why bother scripting it? It's like calling dog feces "wonderfully fragrant;" they're labeling something as it's opposite! My point is, if it's scripted, it ain't reality; it's fiction. They might as well call the genre, "Fictional Reality Television," but I doubt they will, since telling the truth is like wounding themselves with a sodering iron.

InfinityXXX
Jun 16, 2006, 04:17 PM
On 2006-06-16 12:50, Allos wrote:

True, True. Majority of reality TV is scripted. My mom has a distant friend whos trying to get her name out. She was on Blind Date and Elimidate and she said its like retroscripting. They are told to act a certain way and the people are all fake.In the end, no one ends up going on another date.

You also can't tell me that certain shows like Next, Wild N Out, Yo Mama, Date my mom and Parental Control aren't scripted. The people on the shows sound so fake and look like their reading off a cue card. And also, I doubt that almost all of the people on Wild N Out can bust out freestyling so easily and flawlessly.

I swear, reality tv is getting so cheesy and fake.(If your gonna do reality tv, at least make it real) No reason the actors hate it so much.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jun 17, 2006, 07:20 AM
They just go by the unofficial broken rule of, if it contains real people it is reality TV.

But we all know it isn't.

Boycott all of it already or just change the channel.

Hrigg
Jun 17, 2006, 09:34 AM
On 2006-06-16 11:51, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:
There's more things out there to worry about, just watch that one reality show called, the news. Its on everyday on many channels, in the morning, the afternoon and at night. And its usually bad.

Good point. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Shigecki
Jun 17, 2006, 05:01 PM
The networks can get away with calling it reality because it doesn't involve actors. I know, kinda weak, but that is why.

If it were truely real, no one would ever watch it. You could go sit on a park bench and not have to deal with commercials.