PDA

View Full Version : LVL info...........

daddy_zach
Jun 16, 2006, 05:21 PM
will you be able to lvl your own stats or will it be like PSO? where you just lvl up and thats it no customization or anything unless you get a MAT?

EspioKaos
Jun 16, 2006, 05:30 PM
It's just like PSO where your stats go up a set amount each time your character levels up.

daddy_zach
Jun 16, 2006, 05:38 PM
dang. do you know if there will be mats or anything so you can customise tour stats?

EspioKaos
Jun 16, 2006, 06:07 PM
We might see the return of materials, but I'm not entirely sure. I didn't see any in the beta.

One thing to remember, though, is that your stats also change whenever you change class. For example, if you go from being a hunter to a force, your HP and ATP will decrease while your MST and TAP increase dramatically. I'm not sure if changing class has an effect on how much of a boost you get each time you level up, though. For example, maybe a force gets +5 MST when he levels up as opposed to a ranger who gets +2 MST. (Just throwing some numbers out there for the sake of an example. I'll have to look into that to see if that's how it actually works.)

daddy_zach
Jun 16, 2006, 06:13 PM
Well when you find out let me know. Seriously let me know.

SirenV
Jun 16, 2006, 10:22 PM
Well I don't think your (Race) Main level is effected by your class level - they are only supplementary of eachother.

Of course whatever job you have is going to have certain rate at which they increase per level..., and will change when you switch Jobs. But your Main level always stays the same, and supplements the levels you get in jobs. I think it goes that killing enemies adds to your main experience, and then doing the areas and stuff adds to your job experience, and you get more or less depending on how well you did.

EspioKaos
Jun 16, 2006, 11:57 PM
On 2006-06-16 16:13, daddy_zach wrote:
Well when you find out let me know. Seriously let me know.
Well, I've been doing a little research, and from what I've noticed, it's leading me to believe what I'd suspected. The amount that your attributes level up depends on your class. Hunters, for example, always get a much larger ATP increase than anything else. Rangers I assume would get more ATA than anything else, and forces would get more TAP. The amount that those stats increase per level up changes with each level up, but the respective stat to a class will always be in the majority. (From what I've seen at least.)

Saner
Jun 17, 2006, 11:06 AM
materials and mags were such cheap ways to improve stats further without earning them Level-wise.

it's good they are making it a bit harder to get better stats faster.
because too fast growth just makes things too easy.

zandra117
Jun 17, 2006, 12:37 PM
I hope they took away exp stealing weapons, That would put a stop to boxing.

Tycho
Jun 17, 2006, 01:42 PM
On 2006-06-17 10:37, zandra117 wrote:
I hope they took away exp stealing weapons, That would put a stop to boxing.

There were no hints pointing to the possibilities of any drain weapons whatsoever in the beta, so.

TheGreyCliche
Jun 17, 2006, 02:34 PM
On 2006-06-17 09:06, Saner wrote:
materials and mags were such cheap ways to improve stats further without earning them Level-wise.

it's good they are making it a bit harder to get better stats faster.
because too fast growth just makes things too easy.

i don't think materials and mags were bad at all, i mean, materials were relatively rare unless they were duped a hundred times, and one of my favorite parts of PSO was raising mags specifically designed for my character. the things themselves are good, it's just when people abuse them it turns bad, and people will always find ways to abuse things, so i expect to see it happen in PSU as well.