PDA

View Full Version : HUnewm/earl

Zeig123
Jun 16, 2006, 11:03 PM
I was wondering, does anyone think that the newmans will make good hunters cause I plan to be one.

Sorry I meant to put an option that says :they will be good hunters.

If you want to choose this option then just say

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zeig123 on 2006-06-16 21:05 ]</font>

Authenticate
Jun 16, 2006, 11:06 PM
If a Force Cast is workable, so is a Newman hunter.

Zeig123
Jun 16, 2006, 11:07 PM
I think so too

Ibuka
Jun 16, 2006, 11:40 PM
I'm sure a Hunewearl will be ok in PSU. They may not be the strongest in the game but i'm sure if you master them you'll be ok with one

Zeig123
Jun 16, 2006, 11:42 PM
Well they do have high evp so that might help make up for the atp loss

Ibuka
Jun 16, 2006, 11:50 PM
Yeah and if what i heard was true... Not too sure tho on it tho since i never played the beta... (So if anyone does know if this is true or not, please say now lol) But i heard that if you have more mind or something.. You will take less damage from Techs.. So im guessing a Hunewearl will pretty good at fighting monsters that use tech attack

Zeig123
Jun 16, 2006, 11:51 PM
Yah I don't know but if that is true than Hunewearls would be really helpful to have on a team

Kupi
Jun 17, 2006, 12:16 AM
Going by base stats alone, I can say this about Newman Hunters: among Hunters, they're definitely the weakest, as they rank the lowest in all three of the Hunter's primary stats; they have the worst HP, ATP, and DFP of all the races. Therefore, I believe that Newmen will be visibly weaker than the other races as Hunters.

There are two "howevers" to this statement. First, Newmen have the second-highest ATA, the best EVP, and the best MST of Hunters, which gives them a lot of less visible bonuses. They hit reliably, evade more often than other Hunters, and (I speculate) take less damage from Techs. While these are not the sorts of things that people would necessarily select a Hunter for, they're still distinct advantages. Furthermore, a female Newman Hunter, the weakest of Hunters in terms of primary Hunter stats, is still much, much more of a melee tank than a Beast or Cast Ranger. The statement "Newmen are the weakest Hunters" does not imply that Newmen cannot be adequate Hunters; only that their unique advantages don't sync with the requirements of the Hunter role.

In short: if you want a Newman Hunter, do it. You'll be just fine.

Zeig123
Jun 17, 2006, 12:25 AM
K sounds good. I think that Hunter Newmans will be a challenging but fun character to play either way and where's the fun in everything being easy.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zeig123 on 2006-06-16 22:50 ]</font>

Dre_o
Jun 17, 2006, 01:05 AM
I believe the HUnewearls will do fine, cause as I will ALWAYS say (until I'm proven wrong) we don't know what the full game will hold! We don't know that you won't be able to add techs to melee weapons way down the road.

That is all.

Zeig123
Jun 17, 2006, 01:13 AM
That is true cause for PSO all I should have to say is Nei's and Rika's claw.

Alisha
Jun 17, 2006, 03:52 PM
with the revalation of the melee SUV newman and human hunters will invairably be two steps beind cast and beast hunters.

zandra117
Jun 17, 2006, 04:00 PM
To practice for PSU I have created a new HUnewearl on PSO and I am not going to teach it any techs. Im gonna see how far I can raise it before PSU comes out.

Zeig123
Jun 17, 2006, 04:13 PM
On 2006-06-17 14:00, zandra117 wrote:
To practice for PSU I have created a new HUnewearl on PSO and I am not going to teach it any techs. Im gonna see how far I can raise it before PSU comes out.

good luck

TheStoicOne
Jun 17, 2006, 04:39 PM
That might not do you much good, seeing how the battle and overall combat systems are COMPLETELY different. But whatever floats your shoe that fits.

zandra117
Jun 17, 2006, 04:44 PM
I like having a good challenge. Last year I raised a HUcast all the way from level 1 to level 80 online without weapons, traps, armor, shields, or mag. He was the Naked HUcast lol.

Zeig123
Jun 17, 2006, 05:05 PM
That would be a challenge, but alot of fun. I've always wanted to make a FOneweral and get her to lv 100 with lv1 basic spells only.

F-o-x
Jun 18, 2006, 08:47 PM
On 2006-06-17 14:39, TheStoicOne wrote:
That might not do you much good, seeing how the battle and overall combat systems are COMPLETELY different.

I'd have to disagree with you on that. Sure PSU will have a few tweaks and different things that PSU didn't have when it comes to combat, but I wouldn't go as far as saying the combat system is completely different. In fact its pretty much the same combat system (Not that thats a bad thing) with a few additions.

Kyuu
Jun 18, 2006, 11:16 PM
From what I've seen, the combat system is similar in principal, but in application the PSU combat system is actually quite a change. Guns don't combo, you have to worry about PP, you can strafe, melee weapons have photon arts and can go well beyond a three-hit combo, you can knock enemies down and around, movement is much faster and more responsive...

Although it's not 100% completely different, I'd say it's more than just a little tweak. =P

Zeig123
Jun 19, 2006, 12:35 AM
Yah I would have to agree with that

Zephyr_
Jun 20, 2006, 01:26 AM
To go off-topic, the combat system is entirely different. There isn't customizing an action pallete, and there is no Weak, Strong, Extra attacks either. You got one button for normal hits, and one button for PAs (melee weapons). While with guns you just shoot non-stop until your PP runs out (PAs are just elemental bullets). The combat system is a HUGE difference from PSO. That's not to say there aren't similarities, but don't expect it to be anything of the same. And since Techs are equiped to weapons (sort-of like PAs) there isn't a need to customize techs to a button. Well, in the case of staffs/wands you can customize techs to a seperate button for the tech to be on, but it's on either one of the two attack buttons. Which then makes it nessacary to change weapons to cast a seperate Tech. Something that wasn't required in PSO. So, there may be some very minor similarities, but it is a major change. Now, that's not to say it's bad. I myself love the combat system, and to me a good game has a great combat system.

Anyways, back on topic: A character is only as good as the player. It's not about stats in the long run. Sure, put the computer against the computer and the character with the best stats will win. However, the people aren't computers. So let's say someone who is a female Newman, who is also very skilled, and someone who is a Male Cast, who isn't greatly skilled, were to play together. I have a feeling the skilled player will be a greater asset to the party, rather than the non-skilled one. Basically, PSU is balanced to the point, where you can be the race you want, and enjoy yourself. Sure there are some differences, but in the end it's not how the characters look on paper, but rather how the player controls them.

We all know on PSO RAmarls are the most over-powered things in existence. However, in my times of playing, I have seen some pretty shitty RAmarls. To the point where me as a RAcaseal, was doing a better job at supporting (Casting Jellen and Zalure, rather than the RAmarl -- With SRanks, mind you). Now, in PSU there won't be any Jellen/Zalure unless your a force, but the same lacking in assisting the party will be present. Even in those classes who are supposed to be 'better'.

I for one will just choose the races I like, and the make them the classes I want. I might have a Hunter Newman, or a Force Beast. However, the stat difference between my Hunter Newman and your Hunter Cast won't mean a thing. All I got to do is play better than you, and I will be of a greater aid to the party =P.

So I guess in conclusion, it's not about what the character is played as, but rather how well they are played.

-Klaus-
Jun 20, 2006, 01:59 AM
I think people judge far too much on stats with races... ~_~ does it SERIOUSLY put THAT much of a handicap on the character...? Ah well... I guess it really applies to the more hardcore players... but I don't see a huge difference. @.@

Me, I play as whatever race/class combo I like. It doesn't matter to me... as the poster above said, it's the player, not the stats.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Klaus- on 2006-06-20 00:10 ]</font>

Zeig123
Jun 20, 2006, 07:00 AM
Yah I would prolly have to agree with that. I was just worried that people wouldn't let me join their groups online if I was a newman hunter. But I am mentally challenged like that cusae on PSO I've gotten so good that I could prolly out melee a hunter with a fonewearl.

Ibuka
Jun 20, 2006, 07:21 AM
Yeah its about the player mostly. Stats kinda matter on how much hp etc you need before your ready to take on a boss without getting killed one hit or taking on something your characters not ready for where stats matters. But other then that it's about the player

Alisha
Jun 20, 2006, 11:47 AM
On 2006-06-19 23:59, -Klaus- wrote:
I think people judge far too much on stats with races... ~_~ does it SERIOUSLY put THAT much of a handicap on the character...? Ah well... I guess it really applies to the more hardcore players... but I don't see a huge difference. @.@

Me, I play as whatever race/class combo I like. It doesn't matter to me... as the poster above said, it's the player, not the stats.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Klaus- on 2006-06-20 00:10 ]</font>

yea because nanoblasts and suv's dont enhance your damage at all.

Pure-chan
Jun 20, 2006, 01:47 PM
On 2006-06-20 09:47, Alisha wrote:

On 2006-06-19 23:59, -Klaus- wrote:

yea because nanoblasts and suv's dont enhance your damage at all.

Not to discredit Nanoblasts and SUV's -- since they seem like a very useful feature for Beasts and Droids, respectively -- but these only do extra damage in short bursts. What about the rest of the time?

Stats and special attacks are great (on paper), but I think we've seen enough dead, maxed stat, 100 hit J-Sword weilding AR 200's to vouch for the fact that intangibles like *common sense* and *awareness in your party* are enough to compensate.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pure-chan on 2006-06-20 11:48 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pure-chan on 2006-06-20 11:56 ]</font>