PDA

View Full Version : Is PSO PLUS Worth Getting?

DroolinBuddie
Jun 16, 2006, 11:37 PM
Hi, ive been playing Phantasy Star Online GC version, ever since it came out...now i want to know, is it worth getting Phantasy Star Online PLUS?

I can get one for 30.94 cheap haha.

i wanted to know if it is worth getting, or should i just keep my old Phantasy Star Online...Just a quick opinion would help.

Skorpius
Jun 17, 2006, 12:05 AM
$31 isn't really cheap. You could get a completely different game for that much money.

Short Answer: Not worth it.

DroolinBuddie
Jun 17, 2006, 12:08 AM
Well, its cheap to me.

R2D6battlebot
Jun 17, 2006, 04:40 PM
Id say its definately worth it if you play offline. Access to new quests and different types of creatures plus higher amounts of mini bosses in east and west tower.

TheyCallMeJoe
Jun 17, 2006, 04:44 PM
If you want to get a new PSO game, I'd go for BB or PSU. That's assuming that you have a decent computer that can play both.

beinss
Jun 17, 2006, 06:41 PM
whats PSO plus?

TheyCallMeJoe
Jun 17, 2006, 08:21 PM
Overview here:
http://www.pso-world.com/psoplus.php

Elek06
Jun 18, 2006, 12:02 PM
if you keep normal pso, you can access private servers and download even more quests than plus has, with plus, you need AR codes to access the private servers which is really dumb. So if you can find out about the private servers, I'd definately stick with the original.

EDIT: PSOBB is alot better anyway, I'd try to get that if you can...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Elek06 on 2006-06-18 10:03 ]</font>

DroolinBuddie
Jun 18, 2006, 10:30 PM
"If you want to get a new PSO game, I'd go for BB or PSU. That's assuming that you have a decent computer that can play both."

-_- im in need of a new pso, that is compatible with pso 1&2 or IS pso 1&2, not PSU, i know what that is -_-" BB sounds good, and looks good, but i dont want to put more Sh** in my computers...

TheyCallMeJoe
Jun 18, 2006, 10:33 PM
Well than it looks like PSO+ is your only option lol

DroolinBuddie
Jun 18, 2006, 10:46 PM
lol yep =P, hey ummm on pso plus, i kno u can transfer ur old file to it, but i want to confirm this.....can the items that u found on pso original b put into pso plus? o_o"

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jun 18, 2006, 11:37 PM
Yep.

There won't be mysterious item losses.

Everything will transfer over painlessly.

Its just up to you to decide if the extra quests and content is worth the money. We can't decide it for you, just give you the facts of what's there.

3 new Episode 2 quests in a brand new area(unless you have been online with the original PSO ep 1&2).

DroolinBuddie
Jun 19, 2006, 12:13 AM
Okay Great, thats all i needed to know =P. wow i love this site lmao ^_^"

blace
Jun 20, 2006, 01:13 PM
The plus version is not entirely different but I would still prefer to play online although I have already beat the west and east control towers. It's only hard to play those is when Elly dies on the quest especially with the Ill Gils lurking in the towers.

DroolinBuddie
Jun 20, 2006, 01:54 PM
O__O''

Neo_Strife
Jun 22, 2006, 07:45 PM
I have it, It's not really worth it, except for the fact I heard you can get the Ragol Ring, a very powerful shield and you have to do so much to get it...I don't have it yet..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Neo_Strife on 2006-06-22 18:10 ]</font>

DroolinBuddie
Jun 23, 2006, 01:58 PM
well i say its worth it...cause i cant get online, so da online quests are now available offline, and i can get waayyy more exp this way, in ttf right? O_o SO I SAY ITS DAMN WORTH IT........o_o"

Vetsent
Jun 25, 2006, 03:27 PM
On 2006-06-18 20:46, DroolinBuddie wrote:
lol yep =P, hey ummm on pso plus, i kno u can transfer ur old file to it, but i want to confirm this.....can the items that u found on pso original b put into pso plus? o_o"

The overview on here has a little lie though,and it has already been answered,but I was just about to point it out.Here it is.
---------------------------------------------------
"According to the ST PSO Plus Webpage, PSO Ep. I & II Plus will feature:

Character and item data is completely transferable data from Ep 1 and 2 similar to how Ver 1 data could be transferred to Ver 2 DCPSO. This is only true for the JP version. You cannot transfer your US characters over to PSO Plus."
---------------------------------------------------
Ummm...if that is so then why didn't it happen to my level 20-something(at the time) Racast.He kept all his items.I don't care if that site is more official,it's wrong.

Sadly,I missed being the one to answer that question:(.

DroolinBuddie
Jun 27, 2006, 01:34 PM
wait...........what?

blace
Jun 27, 2006, 01:37 PM
That problem had never occured when I made a character on the original PSO then bought my own PSO+ just to continue my character. Could have been a problem with the character data or just something ST never took care of.