PDA

View Full Version : PSU for GCN?

beinss
Jun 17, 2006, 06:06 PM
Is there any word that it will be for the GCN. I read the interview and it stated that it probablly wont be for the Wii or PS3 but was there anything ever said about the GCN?

Saner
Jun 17, 2006, 06:13 PM
no it will more likely come to the Wii than GC.

they announced PSU for Xbox360 so this shows they are thinking of the new generation systems.

PS3 is coming a little too late to get this. besides the backward compatibility gives reason enough to release it on PS2 instead.

Wii is not backward compatible. so why not release it for Wii instead of GC, which will be obsolete sooner than Wii since its games are not even compatible with Wii except possibly a Zelda game?

they already announced the system the game will be made for. PS2, PC and Xbox360.

it would take maybe a year before the Wii gets its own version, if ever.

the GC was not chosen this time because its the system that makes less money for many 3rd party titles that are not Nintendo franchises.

they would make more money releasing the game for PS2 and PC, both having stronger online communities, than GC.

Ether
Jun 17, 2006, 06:15 PM
On 2006-06-17 16:13, Saner wrote:
Wii is not backward compatible

Yes it is

Saner
Jun 17, 2006, 06:18 PM
it is????

in any case, GCN isn't an option at this point.

PhotonCat
Jun 17, 2006, 06:24 PM
Yes, Wii is backwards compatible.

I am sure somewhere in the future, Sega will release PSU for Wii/PS3. It is because those systems are not out yet is why they cannot release on those versions.

But I don't see why they cannot release it for GC. The GC had a big PSO ep.1&2 player base.

and with the GC's ability, a subpar game.

The GC would be able to play PSU better than the PS2.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PhotonCat on 2006-06-17 16:26 ]</font>

mechatra
Jun 17, 2006, 06:24 PM
Yes indeed the Wii is backwards compatible. But yeah, the GC is essentially becoming a dead console - much alike the dying days of the DC, only one or two titles which people still give a damn about really.

To be totally honest IMO there's no hope for a GC release, it'd just be a bad marketing decission, and with the GC's ability, a subpar game.

mechatra
Jun 17, 2006, 06:30 PM
When I stated the GC's ability I moreso meant the limits of its disk media.

IIRC PSU is going to be a rather large game, and I'm unsure the whole thing would fit onto your standard GC disk. Although I supose they could split the game into an online and offline 2 disk set =S

Don't get me wrong, I still prefer my GC over my Ps2, but it just feels like the GC doesn't have much left going for it.
Course as I said really this is just imo.

beinss
Jun 17, 2006, 06:40 PM
eh. True. I just dont see the game comming to the Wii unless they just make an exact port. I guess Ill have to buy the 360 version.

Pure-chan
Jun 17, 2006, 07:40 PM
If I'm looking at the system requirements for PSU PC correctly; this is a 10 gig game. GC discs only hold around 2.3 gigs, so it'd be more like a 4-disc set... u_u

kassy
Jun 17, 2006, 07:41 PM
GC is pretty much dead in my country and Europe, which sucks, I haven't been able to walk into a games shop that sells GC games in well over a year (since about 2004). They all just stopped stocking it >.> I have to import any GC games I want over the interweb.

Not to mention developers haven't released anything good for it in ages either, including Nintendo, I really hate how Nintendo handled the GC, to me it looks like Nintendo got distracted with Wii and the DS, and seems everyone just stopped supporting it (developers that is), the last good game coming out is Zelda TP, which has been delayed over and over, and is now coming out for the Wii, but I'm sure as hell not getting a wii just for Zelda, it was promised for the GC and I'll still be getting it for the GC thank you very much.

PSU on GC? sure why not, it’s probably possible technically speaking, Sega probably wouldn’t see it a very good move financially though, or worth while given GC owner numbers, The reason to release on PS2 after all was because of it’s user base.