PDA

View Full Version : PSO from GCN to Wii?

beinss
Jun 17, 2006, 06:44 PM
I was just thinking. Since its near impossible to buy a Nintendo Broadband Adapter without having to order it from Nintendo itself is there any word on the PSO 1 & 2 being able to be played online via the Wii? If so do you still think it will cost 8 bucks a month? ty

rena-ko
Jun 17, 2006, 07:00 PM
noone knows. it would depend on how the whole setting is finalized.
so, someone has to buy a retail wii once its finished and released and test it out.

Dek
Jun 17, 2006, 07:44 PM
1. Chances are PSO may work with the Nintendo Wii since it is suppose to have backwards compatibility with the Gamecube.

2. Whether PSO's online service works or doesn't work with the Wii, you will still have to pay the $8.95 since that is a subscription that you signed up for with SEGA/Sonic Team and not Nintendo.

PJ
Jun 17, 2006, 10:03 PM
I think the only concern with Wii working on PSO is if PSO will pick up the internet connection, or the, "Adaptor." If it can't pick it up, it probably won't work.

T0m
Jun 18, 2006, 05:43 AM
From what I heard, the Wii's network is not compatible with the Gamecube's. So, you can play the Gamecube PSO-disc in the Wii, but you won't be able to play the game online this way. Like Rena-ko says however, nothing is certain until the final product is released.

Zarbolord
Jun 18, 2006, 06:35 AM
Remember that you can download it directly on the Wii guys. It may work that way...
But I think that they'll close the online soon, PSU comming out and stuff. they've already stopped adding stuff since BB came out, so it's in downfall, sadly...

GrumblyStuff
Jun 18, 2006, 06:33 PM
Erm. No one will be downloading GC games on the Wii. Well, at least it won't be planned to do so but I bet the emulator/warez monkeys will get it.

Tomoki
Jun 18, 2006, 08:09 PM
It wouldn't work because Wii uses WiFi and has no additional ethernet port, IIRC.

Farrmark
Jun 19, 2006, 03:49 AM
Why can't they just release a patch to be stored on a Wii Flash card in order to allow the game to connect wirelessy?

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Rhelik
Jun 19, 2006, 09:46 AM
Who knows what Nintendo will actually release? I don't think Nintendo themselves know until the final release...

Wii will have the backwards compatability but i think Zarbolord is right and the GC servers are coming to the end of their lives.

Maybe if ST sees that there are still a good chunk of people who play PSO online the servers might stay open longer but since FSODing can still be a problem and unlegit players around, even condensing the ships into just a few would probably cause more problems than solve ...

DikkyRay
Jun 19, 2006, 01:27 PM
Well, nintendo said that wii will have wifi, so it wont be like other online games... im sure that you cant play online on wii, but pso will be fine. And just because psu is coming out doesnt mean tht the gc servers are going down, look at dc servers, they are still up after pso gc and xbox, and bb

rena-ko
Jun 19, 2006, 02:27 PM
concerning the RJ45 port for a network cable... i read about an aditional external adapter (most likely USB) for that purpose. i'd be happy about if that's really true.

Rhelik
Jun 19, 2006, 02:35 PM
On 2006-06-19 11:27, DikkyRay wrote:
And just because psu is coming out doesnt mean tht the gc servers are going down, look at dc servers, they are still up after pso gc and xbox, and bb

I thought the DC servers are down and people play the DC version on private servers now... I could be wrong though since i don't play DC myself.

TheStoicOne
Jun 19, 2006, 03:20 PM
Nope. ST DC servers are up AND they're free.

I mean the HL's are free. LOL! No one pays to play on servers!! Do they? Well anyways the DC servers are up.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheStoicOne on 2006-06-19 13:21 ]</font>

Rhelik
Jun 19, 2006, 03:31 PM
Ah well, i guess i can't know everything....

yet ^_^

dragoon-girl
Jun 22, 2006, 09:14 AM
I seem to remember something about it being said PSO will work on the Wii, but maybe I dremt it.

It was ages ago.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dragoon-girl on 2006-06-22 07:15 ]</font>