PDA

View Full Version : Clothing

Valure
Jun 17, 2006, 08:26 PM
Hey guys! I've been wondering about some clothing issues that i can't seem to find the answer to. My question is: When you buy a selected, lets say shirt, from the store, does it go into like a closet? If so, if you wanted to wear it again, could you change the color of it, or do you have to buy one of ever color?

Ryna
Jun 17, 2006, 08:30 PM
On 2006-06-17 18:26, Valure wrote:
Hey guys! I've been wondering about some clothing issues that i can't seem to find the answer to. My question is: When you buy a selected, lets say shirt, from the store, does it go into like a closet? If so, if you wanted to wear it again, could you change the color of it, or do you have to buy one of ever color?

When you buy clothing, it goes into your inventory. You can change your clothing by visiting the wardrobe section of your player room.

As for the seperate colors, you have to buy each one seperately.

Valure
Jun 17, 2006, 08:33 PM
Oh man that stinks. Knowing me, i'll prolly spend all of my money on clothing...

TheStoicOne
Jun 17, 2006, 08:41 PM
Thats why I'll by one fit for each of my characters so then I can grind them properly. Besides Weapons>clothes in PSU IMO

Valure
Jun 17, 2006, 08:52 PM
No way! I have to walk around the city stylin' profilin'!! Then again, thats my opinion as well... Is anyone with me on this, or am i going to be the only one constantly in the clothing stores?

Ryna
Jun 17, 2006, 09:35 PM
On 2006-06-17 18:52, Valure wrote:
No way! I have to walk around the city stylin' profilin'!! Then again, thats my opinion as well... Is anyone with me on this, or am i going to be the only one constantly in the clothing stores?

Fashion and the social scene are going to be a big part of PSU. Keeping up with the latest fashion trends will definitely be part of the game.

-Crokar-
Jun 17, 2006, 09:39 PM
im gonna be a Stylin', Profilin', Limousine Ridin', Jet Flyin', Wheelin', Dealin' Son of a Gun!

Valure
Jun 17, 2006, 09:51 PM
Do ya'll think that Sega will occasionally insert a couple more articles of clothing or do you think they will stay with the same pieces throughout the entire game?

YohYoh
Jun 17, 2006, 09:58 PM
They probably will add more clothes

hypersaxon
Jun 17, 2006, 10:13 PM
I'm not gonna be buying every single outfit until I'm at end game, I'm just gonna pick whatever looks best and stick with it until I have too much money to spare.

hiraisho
Jun 17, 2006, 11:03 PM
I'm just gonna get 1 set of close I like and stay with it. If they come out ith new close I like even better then Ill buy those and put em on.

Moo2u
Jun 18, 2006, 12:21 AM
I haven't seen any armour type looking clothes, which kinda disapoint me. I want to look all tough and stuff like that.

Saner
Jun 18, 2006, 10:07 AM
I'm sooo glad they completely advanced the clothing features.

plus its great there are no level requirements to wear them, so people can freely wear what they want as long as they have the money. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/cone.gif

daddy_zach
Jun 18, 2006, 10:44 AM
Like i said in one of the other topics, The game is pretty much like real life but fantasy instead of reality. We all might learn a few things from this game. haahaha That would be great.

Keyeszx
Jun 18, 2006, 11:14 AM
I haven't seen any armour type looking clothes, which kinda disapoint me. I want to look all tough and stuff like that.
they should make a cast clothes their armour instead of clothes cuz cast cant realy wear clothes thats like me puttin a shirt on my lamp

P.S. which i do

HiKeRI
Jun 18, 2006, 11:28 AM
The clothes so far i don't like, so im prob heading for cast since they look alittle like an armour

Lunar-Wolf
Jun 18, 2006, 01:44 PM
I doubt they would just totally get rid of armor, that would make people unhappy, at the very least they could end up having armor you can buy seperatly... I hope lol

SlaynCruz
Jun 18, 2006, 06:11 PM
Knowing me, I'd either end up with multiple sets of clothes that I'll switch between based on my mood, or just stick with a single set that I start with/buy and spend the rest of my money on things that enhance my combat performance. I may end up falling somewhere in between those extremes, though.

Saner
Jun 18, 2006, 06:15 PM
On 2006-06-18 11:44, Lunar-Wolf wrote:
I doubt they would just totally get rid of armor, that would make people unhappy, at the very least they could end up having armor you can buy seperatly... I hope lol

armor is too primitive compared to PSU's Shield Line technology. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/frenchfries.gif

that's the new form of protection people wear on their clothes. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/hotdog.gif

and its better too because Shield Lines are photon stripes, they weigh nothing at all and can protect people just as good as any material of armor. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/burger.gif

Lunar-Wolf
Jun 18, 2006, 06:42 PM
lol I know but.... x_X the thought of no shoulder armor for my character is disturbing *goes to draw another version of him*

Saner
Jun 18, 2006, 08:32 PM
well there are some point shoulder shirtsjackets in the game so far.

if it were up to me I would throw in some rare costumes like the clothes/armor the heroes wear in PSII, PSIII and PSIV characters wear.

SoshiStrife23
Jun 18, 2006, 08:41 PM
I wonder how much clothes will costs.

Saner
Jun 18, 2006, 08:43 PM
a lot I heard. some is said to cost in the 10,000s.

Lunar-Wolf
Jun 18, 2006, 09:02 PM
I'm gonna work on pretty much nothing but combat for alot of the game anyway, so clothes arent even gonna factor into anything for me until I am good in combat (mabye a couple new things once in a great while at the most)

some old styled uniforms would be pretty cool I agree

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lunar-Wolf on 2006-06-18 19:10 ]</font>

SirenV
Jun 18, 2006, 11:53 PM
On 2006-06-18 18:32, Saner wrote:

if it were up to me I would throw in some rare costumes like the clothes/armor the heroes wear in PSII, PSIII and PSIV characters wear.

Yeah, I was thinking that, too. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif. Like.. Rolf has the whole chest-armor piece going on, and stuff like that, and they could do things like that. But that shield line thing is hard to argue with. Then again though, you DO get hit, so you'd think having armor wouldn't hurt, but. I see what you mean anyway.

ShadowDragon28
Jun 19, 2006, 01:31 AM
I'm hoping that ST has put in more differing types of Clothes (as well as hair styles) in the final version of PSU (than what was avaliable in the Beta.)

As a wider variety of clothes will help lend to their not being quite as many look-alike characters all wearing the same clothing selections making them look like an army of clones...

And their needs to be some "not-so-goofy" looking pants selections;
are atypical pressed slacks for male characters (that don't have neon day-glow belts), or long pleted skirts for females to much to ask?! Hm tSonic Team hmm???

Saison
Jun 19, 2006, 08:01 AM
My toaster has pants.

Fleece
Jun 19, 2006, 08:53 AM
*Is level 200 wearign n00b clothes*

WHAT DO YOU MEAN MY DEFENSE STINKS!!!! I WORE THE SAME CLOTHES ON PSO FOR THREE YEARS FFS I NEVER NEEDED DIFFERENT ARMOUR!!!!

Oh....you mean i smell........thanks buddy..............

hypersaxon
Jun 19, 2006, 11:08 AM
I think the clothing system for PSU is a huge breath of fresh air compared to like every other online RPG that has medieval/realistic armor. It gives PSU a distinct look and feel compared to a lot of other games out there.

I've personally always envisioned myself wearing normal-looking clothing while I kill monsters anyway, so it certainly doesn't bother me. Plus it makes more sense with the storyline, I mean we're suppose to have uber technology, we have advanced photon technology, spaceships, hovering vehicles, etc. we shouldn't need to be wearing super heavy steel armor anymore http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Ryna
Jun 19, 2006, 11:17 AM
On 2006-06-19 06:53, Fleece wrote:
*Is level 200 wearign n00b clothes*

WHAT DO YOU MEAN MY DEFENSE STINKS!!!! I WORE THE SAME CLOTHES ON PSO FOR THREE YEARS FFS I NEVER NEEDED DIFFERENT ARMOUR!!!!

I know you are making a joke here, but I figure it is important to remind everyone that clothing does not affect your defensive stats at all. Your Shield Line System and slot units are the things that will affects your stats. The only reason to buy clothes in PSU is just to make your character look better.

Authenticate
Jun 19, 2006, 12:17 PM
I'll buy whatever looks cool if I have the money, and then everything else when I feel like getting everything for my character just to complete it.

Zidave
Jun 19, 2006, 03:16 PM
I'm assuming this game will be like past games, where each piece of armor doesn't show on your character, just the little outfit you pick out in the begining?

daddy_zach
Jun 19, 2006, 03:19 PM
from the looks of some of the vid's i have seen the clothing is going to cost a lot.

Kyuu
Jun 19, 2006, 03:29 PM
On 2006-06-19 13:16, Zidave wrote:
I'm assuming this game will be like past games, where each piece of armor doesn't show on your character, just the little outfit you pick out in the begining?

The way you alter the appearance of your clothing is by... buying different clothes. The color of your shield-line armor can change, but seeing as how you're not donning sets of medieval armor, obviously the pieces of armor are not going to change how you look.

Also, this system puts a player's control of the appearance of their character first, rather than having what armor they happen to pick up make them look a certain way (like in WoW, whatever armor you wear looks a certain way, and unless you want to wear something subpar to look pretty, you have to just tolerate the ugly as sin armor). I much prefer PSU's clothing system myself.

Don't forget, however, that many of the rare shields in PSO were in fact visible on your character, and it may be that certain pieces of armor will be similarly visible in PSU.

Ryna
Jun 19, 2006, 03:30 PM
On 2006-06-19 13:16, Zidave wrote:

When you are creating a character, you will choose a shirt, pants, and set of shoes. You will be able to adjust your clothing later on by buying new apparel at clothing shops. One thing to keep in mind is that all clothing will not compatible with each other. For example, you can't mix certain combinations of pants and shirts.

On 2006-06-19 13:19, daddy_zach wrote:
from the looks of some of the vid's i have seen the clothing is going to cost a lot.

Clothing won't be cheap, but it shouldn't be outrageously expensive either.

Para
Jun 19, 2006, 03:52 PM
Im curious... are there hats available as clothing options?

Ryna
Jun 19, 2006, 04:00 PM
On 2006-06-19 13:52, Nites wrote:

In close beta, you had to go the Accessory Shop to buy hats.

SirenV
Jun 19, 2006, 05:32 PM
On 2006-06-19 13:52, Nites wrote:

You can find a good display of what was available at the Estee shop from the beta here (http://psu-chara.com/create/supplement.htm), without having to search for a video. Each horizontal column is a different hairstyle. I'm not sure if that's all that's available for each hairstyle, or if that was all they could fit in each column.

Edit: Scroll down >>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SirenV on 2006-06-19 16:09 ]</font>

ColonD
Jun 19, 2006, 06:03 PM
You know, I think I'll just have a handful of outfits, one for when beind a force or hunter, etc.
I know that for online characters their bank is shared, but whata bout the closet? I mean for the outfits that can be worn by both genders?

Ryna
Jun 19, 2006, 06:06 PM
On 2006-06-19 16:03, ColonD wrote:
You know, I think I'll just have a handful of outfits, one for when beind a force or hunter, etc.
I know that for online characters their bank is shared, but whata bout the closet? I mean for the outfits that can be worn by both genders?

You can only wear the clothes that are in your character's active inventory. If you want to give a set of clothes to another char, you would have to use the shared bank.

Valure
Jun 19, 2006, 06:42 PM
I dont know if this question has been already answered but... Can you buy the starting clothing in the clothing stores? I've noticed that on a few videos that i've watched that there was only a certain few shirts/pants/shoes you could buy at each store and i never saw any of the original pieces....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Valure on 2006-06-19 16:43 ]</font>

Saner
Jun 19, 2006, 09:36 PM
now that's a good question.

one would think anything you didn't choose in character creation would be all available at the shops too.

Valure
Jun 19, 2006, 10:03 PM
HOPE-fully, there were many....complete outfits i wouldnt mind having in my inventory lol

Saner
Jun 20, 2006, 07:19 PM
does carrying clothes take up consumable item inventory space?

I guess you can only buy and carry so much before you have to dump everything back at home and then return to the shop to buy more. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Rukocyn
Jun 20, 2006, 07:58 PM
ill let you know im importing the game

Ryna
Jun 20, 2006, 08:37 PM
On 2006-06-19 16:42, Valure wrote:
I dont know if this question has been already answered but... Can you buy the starting clothing in the clothing stores? I've noticed that on a few videos that i've watched that there was only a certain few shirts/pants/shoes you could buy at each store and i never saw any of the original pieces....

I don't think you could buy starting clothing from the shops. The way I handled that problem was just to create another character, transfer over their clothing, and then delete the character.

On 2006-06-20 17:19, Saner wrote:
does carrying clothes take up consumable item inventory space?

Clothing does take up item inventory space. Fortunately, you can carry up to 60 items at one time.

Nedeti
Jun 20, 2006, 08:42 PM
you will love the clothing features.... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif My style was hot, looks like some of us will have to restart

Saner
Jun 21, 2006, 12:39 AM
oh ya! that's right! we could use the bank feature to shift clothes to our main character by using extra characters as 'mules'. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Moo2u
Jun 21, 2006, 10:56 AM
I need a killer hat. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Saner
Jun 23, 2006, 10:35 PM
headwear adapts to hairstyles or they are a 'hairstyle' of their own?

SirenV
Jun 24, 2006, 12:49 AM
I believe they're a hairstyle of their own, judging from the video I saw... Becuase when you viewed items in the estee shop or whatever it's called you went through each hairstyle and certain hats attached to those hairstyles.

Saner
Jun 24, 2006, 02:54 PM
oh ya.

SephirothXer0
Jul 6, 2006, 11:48 PM
will casts be able to change their body parts like clothes? Do you buy them in the same shop as the other clothes?

MAGNUShunter
Jul 7, 2006, 12:11 AM
Speaking of hairstyles...
In that create a character flash page, one of the links shows a bunch of hair color variants. I noticed the eyes always mach the hair. Is there no way to change eye / hair separately???

ANIMEniac
Jul 7, 2006, 12:33 AM
so im guessin that different shops will sell different things on different planets

Oreic
Jul 7, 2006, 02:48 AM
I am going to be a CAST because it clothes look like armor and because I could talk to R2-D2.http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

hypersaxon
Jul 7, 2006, 09:24 AM
On 2006-07-06 22:11, MAGNUShunter wrote:
Speaking of hairstyles...
In that create a character flash page, one of the links shows a bunch of hair color variants. I noticed the eyes always mach the hair. Is there no way to change eye / hair separately???

From watching the videos from the beta, I can confirm that eye color has no effect on your hair color, or vice versa.

Saner
Jul 8, 2006, 02:01 AM
Casts can ajust their eyes color too right?

DraginHikari
Jul 8, 2006, 06:10 AM
They have it somewhat differently... if you choose a humanoid head you get the eye color selection like the other races. A robotic head gives you a sliders with a less color options but still customizable

Kyuu
Jul 8, 2006, 09:54 AM
On 2006-07-07 07:24, hypersaxon wrote:

From watching the videos from the beta, I can confirm that eye color has no effect on your hair color, or vice versa.

I think he meant that the eyebrows and hair always match, though I could be wrong. If that is what he meant, then no, there is no way to seperately change the color of the hair on your head and the color of the eyebrows.

EnixBelmont
Jul 8, 2006, 04:23 PM
In other words, No black eyebrows and brown hair.....And no Dan. Or Ken. But mostly Dan ;_;