PDA

View Full Version : About psu xbox

Rukocyn
Jun 18, 2006, 03:13 AM
ok i been reading all these topics about xbox360.. i was on the dreamcast and gamecube 1st day they came out and xbox version didnt come until way down the road...so i was wadering if xbox360 is waste of time for now or is it comin out for 360, i already reserved copy for the ps2 copy a while back should i go back to game stop and about a copy for psu xbox360 or would i be waisting my time?? plus i heard about the 360 already bieng hacked and if thats true i hope psu 360 never happens so we can all enjoy the game the way its meant

Kyuu
Jun 18, 2006, 09:17 AM
PSU for the XBox 360 has been confirmed for a while now.

jkrox4eva
Jun 18, 2006, 09:31 AM
yup, kyuu no's wat there talking about.

hypersaxon
Jun 18, 2006, 01:52 PM
Yeah according to Xbox Scene there's already an Xecuter mod chip available for 360, and all kinds of tools to help modify the console. Can anything stop these guys?!

Anyway, since there's server side saving in PSU this time around, hacking will hopefully not be as much of a problem as it's been in the past. I wouldn't worry, just get the game and have fun chatting on your headset and looking at PC-quality textures http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

zandra117
Jun 18, 2006, 04:14 PM
Mod chips and softmods can only do client side mods, to do a server side mod on xbox live it requires you to hack into the actual microsoft server which is highly secure. Another thing, xbox live detects mod chips of all kinds, you cannot connect to live with an active mod chip. The only way to mod on live is through softmods. softmods do not require a mod chip, A softmod is software installed on your xbox through an exploited bug found in the games Splintercell, Mechassault, and 007 Nightfire. The bug that allows softmods to be installed was fixed in newer releases of the xbox and all versions of the xbox 360. If you have a softmod installed you can do anything that a modchip can do without being redflagged by xbox live. As I have said before softmods are non-existant on the xbox 360. If you put a modchip in your xbox360 you will be unable to connect to Live. If you connect to live by changeing game data then switching the modchip off you will only be able to do client side hacks. In PSU the only thing that you can change client side is offline mode and in game textures.

hypersaxon
Jun 18, 2006, 04:21 PM
On 2006-06-18 14:14, zandra117 wrote:
Mod chips and softmods can only do client side mods, to do a server side mod on xbox live it requires you to hack into the actual microsoft server which is highly secure. Another thing, xbox live detects mod chips of all kinds, you cannot connect to live with an active mod chip. The only way to mod on live is through softmods. softmods do not require a mod chip, A softmod is software installed on your xbox through an exploited bug found in the games Splintercell, Mechassault, and 007 Nightfire. The bug that allows softmods to be installed was fixed in newer releases of the xbox and all versions of the xbox 360. If you have a softmod installed you can do anything that a modchip can do without being redflagged by xbox live. As I have said before softmods are non-existant on the xbox 360. If you put a modchip in your xbox360 you will be unable to connect to Live. If you connect to live by changeing game data then switching the modchip off you will only be able to do client side hacks. In PSU the only thing that you can change client side is offline mode and in game textures.

Elementary my dear Watson!

Rukocyn
Jun 18, 2006, 05:23 PM
ok but at the moment what about the ps2? i heard it was hacked for psu already and i was told that its impossible to use hacked characters online because of the high security online...and what about duping...

zandra117
Jun 18, 2006, 05:26 PM
How can it be hacked already if the game isnt even out anywhere yet?

Rukocyn
Jun 18, 2006, 05:35 PM
yeh i was talking about the actuall system..supposedly bastards are just waiting for the game to come out like thiefs hiding in the shadows lol

zandra117
Jun 18, 2006, 05:38 PM
They cant hack the server unless they are on the pc version and have 73h Ub3r 1337 H4xx0r skills.

The PS2 and PC versions are on the same server. Xbox 360 version is the only one with voice chat.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zandra117 on 2006-06-18 15:40 ]</font>

Rukocyn
Jun 18, 2006, 05:58 PM
i thought all 3 were on seperate servers hmm thats cool there will be more people on the ps2 and computer than the xbox than..im not going to get the xbox version there no point unless you have an xbox live account and i dont have live account anymore or a 360 at that, besides theres only little kids with annoying loud mouths that are going to play that version anyways...i was wandering...if i ever want to play the 360 version online to see the difference,i have some friends with xbox live account can i bring a copy of the game over there place on there account?

Rukocyn
Jun 18, 2006, 06:12 PM
looking at psu snap shots is getting to painful i cant sleep at night either...

TheGreyCliche
Jun 18, 2006, 06:50 PM
thanks zandra, you've at least reassured me some. i don't claim to know exactly how all this stuff works, but you seem to know what you're talking about. thanks.

ANIMEniac
Jun 18, 2006, 07:39 PM
all i really hope now is that the Guild Card system is different from the X-box Friends list. my XBL list is pretty much saturated with friends from PSO and many of them are just there in hopes that they will be back, but im not sure if they retired or what. if they are separate i can have my PSU friends and not take up all the slots for people i may meet on other games or friends i know from real life.

im still wishing that ST finds out that they are being idiots and link all 3 servers... but if not it looks like i will be geting to copies of the game. that is if they are under one HL, i might love the game- but not enuf to pay 2 monthly fees for it