PDA

View Full Version : About keyboard

Rukocyn
Jun 18, 2006, 04:37 AM
how much is the keyboard and will there be any use for the keyboard besides chat function like character movement in lobby or short cut buttons?

Fleece
Jun 18, 2006, 06:24 AM
If this is in reference to a Console you dont need a specific keyboard, any USB Keyboard will work and theyre prices vary a lot........ you can get a top of the line USB KB for 80 Pounds or you can get a Bog standard normal one for about a fiver. It all depends on what your after, I'd personnaly pick up a cheap basic USB keyboard at a market or something for a few quid.

daddy_zach
Jun 18, 2006, 11:02 AM
On 2006-06-18 04:24, Fleece wrote:
If this is in reference to a Console you dont need a specific keyboard, any USB Keyboard will work and theyre prices vary a lot........ you can get a top of the line USB KB for 80 Pounds or you can get a Bog standard normal one for about a fiver. It all depends on what your after, I'd personnaly pick up a cheap basic USB keyboard at a market or something for a few quid.

HAHAAA!!! dude you are hilariouse "qiud" "Pounds" thats great.

mechatra
Jun 18, 2006, 11:38 AM
~_~

Zach you realise Fleece is probably british like myself.
Now what exactly is funny about the term "quid" or moreso, what's funny about the english pound sterling?

Polly
Jun 18, 2006, 12:04 PM
You mean there's countries OTHER than the US? With different kinds of moneys and cultures? I don't buy it. Not for one second :(

I don't think you'd need a keyboard outside of any of those functions though. Everything seems pre-setup to use a gamepad effectively. Any ol keyboard will do, just make sure it's a comfortable one.

Dre_o
Jun 18, 2006, 12:20 PM
I've seen enough of these slurs. Daddy, I'm not a Moderator, but you're going to have one pissed at you real soon if you do any of that slurr crap again, got that?

Read the forum rules.

But on topic, I believe any ol keyboard will do myself, but if you want to save youself a LITTLE hassle, just go buy a $20 Longitech PS2 controller, that's what I have.

Fleece
Jun 18, 2006, 12:58 PM
On 2006-06-18 09:02, daddy_zach wrote:

HAHAAA!!! dude you are hilariouse "qiud" "Pounds" thats great.

One minute while I stoop down a few fifty IQ points for you :

Ok im ready

LIEK OMFG D00D YOU ARE SO TOP!!!!! U R DA SHIT!!!!111!!!!!11!!!1!!!!!!!11!!!!!!!!1!!

*Ahem*

Moron.

HiKeRI
Jun 18, 2006, 12:59 PM
lmfao!

PhotonCat
Jun 18, 2006, 10:47 PM
Any USB keyboard will work for the PS2 (not sure about Xbox360 since I do not have one but I think it has USB too?). They also sell a "powerboard" for the PS2, although it's just a plain USB keyboard... don't know if they sell it anymore either.

Keyboards are cheap nowadays anyway, just go to a PC store and pick one up. Just make sure it is USB interface and not PS/2.
Or if you already have one for your PC you can use that.

AzureBlaze
Jun 19, 2006, 12:06 AM
Wheee...
PSO/U will now have forced me to buy FOUR keyboards for it. 1 for dc, 2 for GC and now another with a USB plug. (2 for gc because pantsofevilgamers while a life-saver was not that long-lasting) What do I do with all these non-working KBs? They are kluttering up the place.

Aside from that, the USB deal is a great one, it's too bad GC didn't have some kind of USB conversion option plug from the start, it may have saved a good chunk of the population of PSO, instead of costing it.

I want to go and pick out a KB soon, just to have it in the house for when PSU comes, as I'll likely bargain hunt for something cheap enough, but not flimsy. (as you can see, I'm a bit tired of spending on these things)

And yes, they do have associated movements for the lobby-type places. I did a post on them if you search for it. Shortcuts MAYBE but I am still not sure how they worked. Also the 'expressive box' for chat (think, pointy border, etc) is controlled by holding down certain keys and then typing.

ShadowDragon28
Jun 19, 2006, 02:36 AM
This KB is very awesome...

http://image4.play-asia.com/350/PA.67028.001.jpg

Play-Asia's imports are nice, but dang do they cost a bit much... This precious item is $79.90 USD http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Fleece
Jun 19, 2006, 08:43 AM
Also it will run on batteries, all gamers know Batteries are baaaad.

daddy_zach
Jun 19, 2006, 09:20 AM
On 2006-06-18 10:20, Dre_o wrote:
I've seen enough of these slurs. Daddy, I'm not a Moderator, but you're going to have one pissed at you real soon if you do any of that slurr crap again, got that?

Read the forum rules.

But on topic, I believe any ol keyboard will do myself, but if you want to save youself a LITTLE hassle, just go buy a $20 Longitech PS2 controller, that's what I have.

HAHAHA!!! You called me daddy. So that means..........(whisper)Im your daddy (whisper)

daddy_zach
Jun 19, 2006, 09:23 AM
You guys need to get over your selves. Yeah i have never heard of pounds or quid. Ok and what if he was joking around huh? you guys just made a butt of your self. And if he wasnt i apologise for making a "slurrrrrrrr". I just really thought it was neat to see that cus obviously if i have seen that befor i wouldent of said HAHAAA dude you are hilariouse. So calm down.

rena-ko
Jun 19, 2006, 09:29 AM
this is neither a chat nor a spamboard.
either you start contributing to the topic or you should focus on posting in FKL.

ah yeah, and warning +1 for trolling / flamebaiting

Ryna
Jun 19, 2006, 11:07 AM
On 2006-06-18 02:37, Rukocyn wrote:
how much is the keyboard and will there be any use for the keyboard besides chat function like character movement in lobby or short cut buttons?

The keyboard being sold through Sega Direct is about $80 can be used with the PS2/PC versions of the game. On the PC version, you can use the keyboard to control your character. I'm not sure if the PS2 version of PSU will offer that functionality.

Personally, I'm not that fond of this keyboard design. Several of the keys are in non-standard positions and the space bar is extremely small. Also, it is rather expensive. You'd probably be better off using a 3rd party keyboard for the PS2 or a standard keyboard on the PC.

hypersaxon
Jun 19, 2006, 11:12 AM
Oh and in case any of you can't find a good, cheap USB keyboard, you can also just buy a USB converter and use a regular PC keyboard as well. That's what I did with my Xbox 360 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif