PDA

View Full Version : "A girl with horns?" "and a mechanical doll?"

Saner
Jun 18, 2006, 08:52 PM
"These are ears, I tell you!!"

"please use the word 'android', will you?"

"An-droid? A droid?"

"Shut up you old fart!"

ya, cute memorable quotes from PSIV. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

anyways this is about the Cast 'horns' that are visible if you choose to have a human-like face/head. I wonder if there is an option to remove them?

the internet character creation doesnt have the female cast section ready yet so I can't check what we have to work with.

but from the looks of things, it looks like we can't get rid of 'em. but at least from what I seen, making them the same color as your hair kind of hides them quite a bit.

They are no big deal but they would make certain casts appear unfairly demonic. but thankfully they are at least 'trimmed horns' and you can adjust their color, which I believe are linked to the colors their ear muffs are set to. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

TheyCallMeJoe
Jun 18, 2006, 10:33 PM
Oh but demonic casts are so precious http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif It really shows their true side, which is their "hey-watch-while-i-act-like-satan-and-pwn-everything."

But I guess if you REALLY want a human-faced cast, it would be nice to trim these horns of which you speak. As for me....I'm going 100% droid http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

SirenV
Jun 18, 2006, 11:35 PM
Hmm, I never noticed that before... And all the female cast heads seem to have two "horns" on their forehead, and the men seem to have one in the center (regardless of the ones on the sides on their head, now that you mention it.

What I wonder is, is what happened to the idea of the girl with the Horns from that first movie they released, if anyone remembers. Something tells me that was originally what they had in mind for Beast, or something. They probably got it from that mistaken Phantasy Star II American Boxart where Nei had horns instead of ears, lol.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SirenV on 2006-06-18 21:44 ]</font>

PrinceBrightstar
Jun 19, 2006, 12:20 AM
Actually its more or less taken from the PSO Art Book HUnewman i think.

Fleece
Jun 19, 2006, 08:54 AM
"A girl with horns?" "and a mechanical doll?"

Sounds like a good night out to me.

Non-Toxic-Crayons
Jun 19, 2006, 09:55 AM
From what I've seen, You CANNOT remove the horns... The horns (along with the ear pieces) are just what differentiate casts from other races.
Also, you can't really change their colors. You can change the color of the L.E.D. effects on them I think... but not their overall color. =/

Alisha
Jun 19, 2006, 10:11 AM
the horns as you call them are in fact ears or antennas and receivers. they can be removed if you chose a robotic face.

SirenV
Jun 19, 2006, 01:06 PM
On 2006-06-18 22:20, Jonathan_F wrote:

Well, I didn't mean what it's like now. Definately what the beast is now is close to that HORRID HUnewm beastile concept art that you speak of XD. I mean for a beast, its ok.. but it scared me.. seeing it was a Numan.

But that original video of the girl with the Horns - she's obviously gone (and she must probably had been a beast before they changed it), and it reminded me of that old PSII box art.

Saner
Jun 19, 2006, 09:10 PM
On 2006-06-19 08:11, Alisha wrote:
the horns as you call them are in fact ears or antennas and receivers. they can be removed if you chose a robotic face.

why would they need receivers on the sides of their head AND on their forehead?? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

hmmm ah ha so you can't chance the color directly. but um what is L.E.D.? they don't have lights on them. they are just metal.

SirenV
Jun 20, 2006, 12:46 AM
Hmm, well L.E.D stands for Light Emitting Diode... Umm.. the science behind them is really confusing, and I don't know much about them, so for a better idea of how they work, please go here (http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/led.htm).

But to give you a general idea, they are small "bulbs" or devices/whatever that work at the atomic level to produce light, and can produce different frequencies of light(effecting color, visibility, etc) depending on the amount of light energy released by the electrons within. They don't get hot really, are small, and don't use filaments like a conventional bulb, and stuff... They emit light by means of moving electrons which create "Photons" the basic particle of light. They can be found in a wide variety of applications, like tv remotes and other stuff. I'm sorry, I'm very tired, hehe.

Edit: I'm not sure what kind of LED effects they have, like colored line designs or do they light up or something? And like someone said, they probably have them to distinguish the cast more, so everyone doesn't look the same, I guess. The Numans have the ears, the Beast have the ears/cleft, and the Cast have the antennae.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SirenV on 2006-06-19 22:51 ]</font>

Alisha
Jun 20, 2006, 11:43 AM
On 2006-06-19 19:10, Saner wrote:

On 2006-06-19 08:11, Alisha wrote:

why would they need receivers on the sides of their head AND on their forehead?? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

hmmm ah ha so you can't chance the color directly. but um what is L.E.D.? they don't have lights on them. they are just metal.

think of it liek a wireless router? maybee thats how they uplink with SUV's? and maybee android can comunicate in a sence that is almost telepathic?

TheStoicOne
Jun 20, 2006, 05:59 PM
On 2006-06-19 11:06, SirenV wrote:

On 2006-06-18 22:20, Jonathan_F wrote:

Well, I didn't mean what it's like now. Definately what the beast is now is close to that HORRID HUnewm beastile concept art that you speak of XD. I mean for a beast, its ok.. but it scared me.. seeing it was a Numan.

But that original video of the girl with the Horns - she's obviously gone (and she must probably had been a beast before they changed it), and it reminded me of that old PSII box art.

No. The girl in the original video was definitely a cast. She had those lines on her face going from the bottom of her eyes to the sides of her face, like the casts have now.

Disasteroid
Jun 20, 2006, 06:16 PM
On 2006-06-18 21:35, SirenV wrote:
Hmm, I never noticed that before... And all the female cast heads seem to have two "horns" on their forehead, and the men seem to have one in the center (regardless of the ones on the sides on their head, now that you mention it.

What I wonder is, is what happened to the idea of the girl with the Horns from that first movie they released, if anyone remembers. Something tells me that was originally what they had in mind for Beast, or something. They probably got it from that mistaken Phantasy Star II American Boxart where Nei had horns instead of ears, lol.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SirenV on 2006-06-18 21:44 ]</font>

Couldn't have been what they had in mind for beasts. Leo and Tonnio were in that trailer too. Remember?

SirenV
Jun 21, 2006, 12:50 AM
Ohh! You're right you're right! *Feels ackward* I totally forgot. XD - Thanks for pointing that out (I probably should have watched the video again before opening my mouth). But either way, I wonder why she was scrapped - whatever she was.

Now that I think about it, its probably becuase she didn't fit into one of the playable races, but... who knows @_@;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SirenV on 2006-06-20 22:51 ]</font>

-Klaus-
Jun 21, 2006, 01:57 AM
She was probably a really early version of Lou.