PDA

View Full Version : PSU Beta

Nickiesticks
Jun 19, 2006, 10:13 PM
How do you get to be a part of the psu closed beta? I was a tester for PSO BB's beta, and loved it, where can I apply to be a tester for PSU's beta? Will they have an open beta period too for PSU?

Any info would help, I hear that the release is set for Oct (I think) but is that the release for the closed beta or when the game will be in stores? Has the closed beta already started?

PS: If anyone remembers me from the beta and afterwards of PSO, I was Gretchen from New_Legacy.

Dre_o
Jun 19, 2006, 10:23 PM
Well, you only missed the closed Beta by a few months

In other words: It's already long done.

EDIT: Not to mention if you live in the USA, you aren't supposed have been in the Beta.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dre_o on 2006-06-19 20:25 ]</font>

hypersaxon
Jun 19, 2006, 10:24 PM
The beta in Japan for the PC version of PSU already ended. I think there's a PS2 beta going on right now, but you'd need to get the disc through Famitsu, which I think requires filling out a forum (in Japanese, so no luck there). Plus you'd have to have a PS2 that can play Japanese games.

All I can say is, keep your fingers crossed that they do a US beta like Square-Enix did with FFXI on 360. Otherwise, I think yer out of luck.

Nickiesticks
Jun 19, 2006, 10:27 PM
On 2006-06-19 20:23, Dre_o wrote:
Well, you only missed the closed Beta by a few months

In other words: It's already long done.

I know I missed the JAPAN closed beta (that was in April I believe) I was HOPE HOPE HOPEING that there would be a US closed beta as well. I guess we havean't heard yet though... Meh... If we take the "3 months apart" for the Japan and US versions, we've already passed that opening for a US closed beta.

kassy
Jun 19, 2006, 10:30 PM
PSO BB had an open beta, but personally I never really consider it a beta, it was more of a marketing strategy to get people playing, and appeared to be more of a free trial than anything else.

Anyways, onto your questions, there has already been closed beta for PSU JP, but it's well and truly over now. The month of Oct is PSU US's 'presumed' release date for the final retail version, it still could be November, as the game is officially listed for release in the US as "Fall 2006", but we‘re going with October right now as a safe bet.

I doubt there'll be an 'open' US beta for PSU, however there could well be a closed US beta before the final release, but nothing official has been mentioned about a US beta, so it's all speculation at this point in time, and don’t let anyone else tell you otherwise http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

PSU's producer, Takao Miyoshi has said "they'd" be willing to do a US closed beta, but mentioned no plans to do so, he said in regards to a closed US beta, that it is something that their "PR department may be able to answer".

Hope that clears a few things up for ya, and welcome to the boards! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

coomdoom
Jun 20, 2006, 02:39 PM
Winter is in November and October is Autumn

OdinTyler
Jun 20, 2006, 02:44 PM
Coom, November is still Autumn/Fall. Winter starts with December. Besides, til a date is set, we are left to believe that we will get PSU in the Fall (which is between Sept 1 & Nov 30, unless you go literally by the calendar, then, it's Dec 20).

daddy_zach
Jun 20, 2006, 02:47 PM
I just went and reserved a copy and they said that it wil lbe released sometime in the 3rd quarter which means some wheres between july and september they said.

OdinTyler
Jun 20, 2006, 02:51 PM
I'm not reserving til I hear official word from Sega (most likely through this forum). Otherwise, it's just ways for stores to get more & more of your cash, & they haven't made an attempt to find out what info is real & what is not.

daddy_zach
Jun 20, 2006, 03:05 PM
On 2006-06-20 12:51, OdinTyler wrote:
I'm not reserving til I hear official word from Sega (most likely through this forum). Otherwise, it's just ways for stores to get more & more of your cash, & they haven't made an attempt to find out what info is real & what is not.

Very true, I keept asking them questions that i already knew the answeres to just to make sure im write and the dident know anything. Thats sad especialy when its a store ment for games.

voxie
Jun 20, 2006, 06:01 PM
Mmn, forget the beta, I want the real thing! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Nedeti
Jun 20, 2006, 08:43 PM
don't give up yet buddy, its coming pretty soon.