PDA

View Full Version : Block IP??

Asathor
Jun 19, 2006, 11:21 PM
I heard that if I buy the US version, they might block my IP?
So how am I going to play online if it's true??
(I mean, the payment thing is already too confusing...but WITH this problem?)
I'm just really concerned, could someone tell me this is definately not true? >"<

Dre_o
Jun 19, 2006, 11:39 PM
What you're asking makes no sense...could you elaborate on your situation a little more?

cp99
Jun 19, 2006, 11:48 PM
It looks like he is from Taiwan, he's asking if the US servers will accept him accessing the US server(s) from a Taiwanese IP address.

Short Answer: Definitely maybe.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: cp99 on 2006-06-19 21:53 ]</font>

Ether
Jun 20, 2006, 12:32 AM
The PSU Beta was "Japan only" yet they did nothing to block foreign IPs, which is probably a good indicator that they wont in the final game

PhotonCat
Jun 20, 2006, 01:23 AM
I am pretty sure if you buy the American version you will be able to connect to the American servers. Most online games do not block IPs, I actually never heard of one do that. (Only way I know of getting blocked out of a region's server is by having another region's version of a game, for example, if you have the US version of WoW you cannot connect to non-US servers and vice versa).

And the Beta is not going to be the "rule", so to say. The US servers aren't going to be run by Sega of Japan, so it's not up to them to police them.

But I am pretty sure it is safe to say that as long as you have the American version of PSU you will be able to connect to the American servers.

rena-ko
Jun 26, 2006, 12:34 PM
so far, i'd say that the western version of PSU will be designated for both EU and US - i'd interprete this as "everyone but japan", seeing as seperating the japanese servers was their initial idea for this.

but i guess you could as well log into the JP version.

in total tho, we'll have to wait and see if the first few importers of the JP version will be able to log in.