PDA

View Full Version : Just a few questions ive always wondered.

TeamAwesome
Jun 20, 2006, 08:48 PM
Hi everyone. Just joined the forums. Me and my roommate have been playing for some time now. Just a few questions we have for GameCube version Ep 1+2.

Question 1:
Katanas .. havn't gotten one yet but do they have the same aoe effect as swords do?

Question 2:
The max materials. For my race is 250 and for the force race its 150. Is that including HP materials also?

Thats it. Aside from .. i cant find anything better than a chain sawd!!!

Hope to get some answers soon, thanks everyone.

TheyCallMeJoe
Jun 20, 2006, 08:50 PM
1.) No they act like sabers but with different animations. I recently asked the same question and that's the response I got.

2.) Uhh....lol dunno. I've never been much into materials and max stats but I'm sure someone else will swoop in to the rescue.

Oh and uhh nothing's wrong with a Chain Sawd lol.

Nitro Vordex
Jun 20, 2006, 08:51 PM
1: I think katanas have the animation of either a) saber or b)sword. Although most likely sword http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
2: HP materials count as well. When it says max materials it means ALL materials.
Hope that helps. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Jaspaller
Jun 20, 2006, 08:53 PM
aoe? first time I've heard that before but I'm guessing you mean area of effectiveness? something like that? Katana's can only target one enemy at a time, like a saber. They have a different animation (same animation as the "akiko's frying pan" rare)

HP materials do NOT go towards the 150/250 limit. HP materials have their own limit

TeamAwesome
Jun 20, 2006, 08:58 PM
Hrm. 2 different answers, interesting. Ill think ill wait till a few more definate responses. Thanks though everyone so far.

Nitro Vordex
Jun 20, 2006, 08:59 PM
:^^: Oops my bad. I'm still new to the material stuff http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif.

TheyCallMeJoe
Jun 20, 2006, 09:00 PM
Since we're on the topic of questions we've alwaysy wondered....anyone wanna explain the statistics of Hit% and what it does? Sadly I've never encountered a weapon with hit% until today (even after playing for about a year in total lol). I know it's useful since weapons with hit% are sought after....explanation plz? Muchos gracias.

Clover
Jun 20, 2006, 09:01 PM
1) Once again Katanas act as sabers with a different animations hiting 1 enemy up to 3 times in a combo.

2) Humans can use 250 materials + 125 HP materials + 125 TP Materials
Newmans can use 150 materials + 125 HP materials + 125 TP Materials
Androids can use 150 materials + 125 HP materials

Being a Hunter/Ranger/Force doesn't matter for these limits.

TeamAwesome
Jun 20, 2006, 09:03 PM
Thanks clover. Just one question though .. im on the gamecube version with eps 1+2. I've never seen a TP material. That is why i was wondering if they count towards the 250.

Nitro Vordex
Jun 20, 2006, 09:05 PM
@TheycallmeJoe:
Oh I know about the hit%. the higher the percent on the weapon, the higher chance you have to make critical hits. I don't actually know how you determine how high the chance is though....but I think it helps your luck, in some distant way. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nitro_Vordex on 2006-06-20 19:05 ]</font>

CCDragon4
Jun 20, 2006, 09:09 PM
hit % increases your accuracy and has nothing to do with your luck. It just allows you to hit things more often.

Clover
Jun 20, 2006, 09:10 PM
I'm not quite sure what your question is there but TP mats are fairly rare as they don't drop normally like other mats and are only available through online quests such as in Gallons Shop Roulette. You can use 125 TP materials in addition to the 125 HP materials and 250/150 other materials.

TeamAwesome
Jun 20, 2006, 09:21 PM
Ah they are found online. I gotcha. Awesome, that means i will be able to max every single stat as a Humar. Awesome !@! thanks again. Though .. i dont play online so those 125 tp materials are a long time away from me. Thanks againl.

whiteninja
Jun 21, 2006, 02:25 AM
On 2006-06-20 19:01, Clover wrote:
1) Once again Katanas act as sabers with a different animations hiting 1 enemy up to 3 times in a combo.

2) Humans can use 250 materials + 125 HP materials + 125 TP Materials
Newmans can use 150 materials + 125 HP materials + 125 TP Materials

Being a Hunter/Ranger/Force doesn't matter for these limits.
That information is correct. I believe that "Today's Rate" (an online quest) also has a TP Material as a reward, and "Rappy's Holiday" (another online one) has a minigame where you can win them, or any kind of material. Either way, Gallon's Shop is better.

Also, take note that no "ATA Material" exists in PSOGC. It did on the DreamCast, but that was removed.

Off topic: 1% hit = 1 ATA added to the weapon. End.

Hexadecimal
Jun 21, 2006, 03:51 AM
Actually, I thought hit mats appear in C-Mode? Or am I wrong...

And Katana's have different animations? I never noticed o_O; I guess I'll have to whip out my pan to test ha ha...

whiteninja
Jun 21, 2006, 08:57 AM
On 2006-06-21 01:51, Hexadecimal wrote:
Actually, I thought hit mats appear in C-Mode? Or am I wrong...
TP Materials also appear in C-Mode (both online and offline), but the stat changes from then only stay for that one C-Mode stage.

Nomahend
Jun 21, 2006, 11:42 AM
False. Though alot of people say otherwise, I know from experiance. (used max HP mats before i got my First TP mat, tried to use it and couldn't)

2) Humans can use 250 materials + 125 HP materials OR 125 TP Materials OR a combination
Newmans can use 150 materials + 125 HP materials OR 125 TP Materials OR a combination

Neith
Jun 21, 2006, 12:02 PM
No, my HUnewearl has been maxed on HP mats for ages, but I can still use TP ones. The HP/TP mat count is seperate.

Clover
Jun 22, 2006, 11:34 PM
Yeah, definitely false. My fomarl has been at 1523 HP (level 200 base + 125 HP mats) for a while now and she can still use TP mats.

Neith
Jun 23, 2006, 10:35 AM
Proof:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v326/jordison197666/tphp.jpg

As you can see, I can still use TP Mats, but have maxed on HP ones.