PDA

View Full Version : Weapons Discuss

Rukocyn
Jun 21, 2006, 03:13 AM
There are no section ID's in this version right? So im guessing that everyone can find the same rare items...theres no way you can just make every weapon..

Kyuu
Jun 21, 2006, 03:16 AM
... Huh? I'm not sure what you're asking here. Yeah, Section IDs are gone, which is frankly a relief. The only thing Section IDs accomplished was to make people alter their names to achieve specific IDs, and basically make rediculous to obtain certain rares, because you either had to level up a character of the appropriate ID, or find someone else to nag into making your room for you.

Rukocyn
Jun 21, 2006, 05:03 AM
yes what i meant was in this version you have to make weapons etc.. but what im saying is can everyone pick up the same rares now and make the same weapons?

Sha_Hua
Jun 21, 2006, 06:29 AM
That is a defenit maybe.

It looks like everyone can pick up rares and use them for weapons.
But I don't think ST have shown everything in the game till now. Weapons can still be race, gender or class based or even a mix of these.

Best thing we can do now is wait till the game comes out and we can confirm anything.

Saner
Jun 21, 2006, 06:50 AM
it's very likely there will be are rare weapons you can't synthesize.

that makes them even more rares.

in fact I believe rares can't be synthesize, they must be found.

but there will be a new kind of 'rares' that is tied to the synthesizing system. since right now no one knows the limits of synthesing weapons and stuff.

Lyrise
Jun 21, 2006, 10:39 AM
On 2006-06-21 04:50, Saner wrote:
it's very likely there will be are rare weapons you can't synthesize.

that makes them even more rares.

in fact I believe rares can't be synthesize, they must be found.

but there will be a new kind of 'rares' that is tied to the synthesizing system. since right now no one knows the limits of synthesing weapons and stuff.

I'd like to think of it the other way. The rares you have to synthesize, will be even more rare than the ones you find. I believe your above statment is somewhat flawed since it pretty much assumes 2 things that won't happen. #1 is that item synths always succeed, which isn't the case; in fact, the higher the star count of your item, the tougher it is to get out.

#2 being that rare boards are easy to find; they were never easy to find in the first place. If rare boards were easy to find, we'd have a huge game imbalance due to the sheer number of Megistride (all stats up) boards that would be floating out there.

Rukocyn
Jun 21, 2006, 01:37 PM
Since the offline character is strictly offline we cant use weapons we find in the quest online..and you cant play every quest online..so that means we would be missing out on some weapons/rare items then

Dhylec
Jun 21, 2006, 02:12 PM
so that means we would be missing out on some weapons/rare items then
Very possible.
There are some weapon (& items) initially unavailable offline for PSO, until PSO+ came out. Heh, even with PSO+, not every items are findable offline, except cheating. ;]

Kers
Jun 21, 2006, 03:11 PM
On the synthesizing subject, I think the weapons and such you create could be influenced by what level/form your PM is.
To create certain items you could make use of the option to enter another players house, and depending on his/her PM, there would be different items for sale, or you could ask him/her to create one for ya.

This could also mean a possibility of creating characters just for their PM synthesis abilities, to make another use of the shared bank. Just a thought.

P.S. I just read the updated PM guide menu, and it says "By giving your PM an item, you can alter its parameters. The items that your PM is best at synthesizing as well as its probability of success will be influenced by its parameters." Sounds cool.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kers on 2006-06-21 13:23 ]</font>

EspioKaos
Jun 21, 2006, 04:39 PM
On 2006-06-21 13:11, Kers wrote:
P.S. I just read the updated PM guide menu, and it says "By giving your PM an item, you can alter its parameters. The items that your PM is best at synthesizing as well as its probability of success will be influenced by its parameters." Sounds cool.

Before I did that translation, I was under the impression that your PM's stats (melee, ranged, technic, defense) were in anticipation of it one day fighting at your side, and the higher it is in one thing, the better it would be at those types of attacks. But, now I think that each stat determines how good it is at producing that type of item. For example, a PM with high technic abilities would possibly make some kick-ass staves and wands where a PM with much higher defensive parameters would be better at making defensive gear.

Rukocyn
Jun 21, 2006, 07:00 PM
thats makes more sence, so the result of the pm's defense bieng higher than another pm's would make it evolve to create that type of shield, thats what im guessing because i dont think it would make sense to just up the stats of a pm so it can create a weapon/shield without it evolving 1st...it would take the fun out of it evolving and serve no real purpose. If im right and it has to evolve first, think about it..PM's are going to serve as SECTION ID's almost lol that means its going to be similar to pso not everyone would be able to get the same rare items, just like before.. it was a choice based on your name in pso and this is a choice based on how you raise your PM to evolve...

Sgt_Shligger
Jun 21, 2006, 07:14 PM
On 2006-06-21 17:00, Rukocyn wrote:
thats makes more sence, so the result of the pm's defense bieng higher than another pm's would make it evolve to create that type of shield, thats what im guessing because i dont think it would make sense to just up the stats of a pm so it can create a weapon/shield without it evolving 1st...it would take the fun out of it evolving and serve no real purpose. If im right and it has to evolve first, think about it..PM's are going to serve as SECTION ID's almost lol that means its going to be similar to pso not everyone would be able to get the same rare items, just like before.. it was a choice based on your name in pso and this is a choice based on how you raise your PM to evolve...

Which is much fairer because you get a level of control over your item findings/creations.

Fleece
Jun 21, 2006, 07:57 PM
Itll Probably also affect how it fights as well.

Rukocyn
Jun 21, 2006, 09:44 PM
can you imagine with 6 people in the game and then each one have a max evolved pm that can fight thats 12 people fighting all together thats crazy lol

cp99
Jun 21, 2006, 10:21 PM
6 Players total, INCLUDING NPC's like evolved PMs.

Kers
Jun 21, 2006, 10:58 PM
Do you know if they consume the same amount of exp, as if having another human player in the party?

Kyuu
Jun 22, 2006, 12:04 AM
On 2006-06-21 20:21, cp99 wrote:
6 Players total, INCLUDING NPC's like evolved PMs.

You know this for certain? That combat-PMs take up a slot in your party? Would seem kind of odd. Why would you ever choose to use your PM rather than take an actual player?

Do you know if they consume the same amount of exp, as if having another human player in the party?

It's highly unlikely, as no mention has been made of PMs gaining experience through killing monsters, and so there's no reason that they would take a portion of the experience.

However, if the experience system is like PSO's, where everyone who tags an enemy gets a certain amount of experience, and the person who gets the killing blow gets an extra amount, it's hard to say whether or not you'd get the killing blow experience when your PM lands the blow.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-06-21 22:07 ]</font>

Lyrise
Jun 22, 2006, 01:02 AM
On 2006-06-21 22:04, Kyuu wrote:

However, if the experience system is like PSO's, where everyone who tags an enemy gets a certain amount of experience, and the person who gets the killing blow gets an extra amount, it's hard to say whether or not you'd get the killing blow experience when your PM lands the blow.

If anything, I'm pretty sure PMs will be classified as NPCs, and as such, if they kill the monster, you won't be getting any extra exp at all.

Rukocyn
Jun 22, 2006, 02:27 AM
PM's/NPC would make sense that they would not take up an extra slot in the party, i think sega knows that would be dumb to do that..it would drain the fun out of using them because there supposed to act like mags...which in PSO every character can have one equiped in a battle...and you would think there trying to out do PSO....

Rukocyn
Jun 22, 2006, 02:56 AM
so do the PM's tell you what you need a dont need to make a weapon? that means no guessing..i wonder how that situation works

Fleece
Jun 22, 2006, 03:16 AM
The recipe boards for each weapon tell you what you need to construct it.

Kyuu
Jun 22, 2006, 03:31 AM
On 2006-06-21 23:02, Lyrise wrote:

If anything, I'm pretty sure PMs will be classified as NPCs, and as such, if they kill the monster, you won't be getting any extra exp at all.

I find that unlikely, as who would take their PM to fight if the PM's kills got them no exp? It would be rather... stupid.

Rukocyn
Jun 22, 2006, 03:41 AM
I bet if the PM takes the kill its owner get the exp

Rihcky
Jun 22, 2006, 04:55 AM
Getting exp if your robot kills something on its own seems stpid to me. Why would you get exp for that?

Saner
Jun 22, 2006, 07:23 AM
a combat PM would be for survival purposes.

if you plan on earning exp it's best not to take your PM with you.

even if it did give you exp, your party members wouldn't like it.

so combat PMs are really for purposes of extra firepower in case you don't have a full party but want as many fighters as possible.

Rukocyn
Jun 22, 2006, 08:58 AM
yeh i would most likely need it for boss fights

Neo_Strife
Jun 22, 2006, 11:19 AM
"Can you choose the type of PM you need for help, but I would like to play with a real character to see how we stand against Bosses."

Kyuu
Jun 22, 2006, 11:37 AM
On 2006-06-22 02:55, Rihcky wrote:
Getting exp if your robot kills something on its own seems stpid to me. Why would you get exp for that?

Obviously, you would have to tag it. But if that seems stupid, then I guess you think that you shouldn't get experience for anything except monsters you land the killing blow on? All your party members' kills should get you no experience?

Lyrise
Jun 22, 2006, 01:08 PM
On 2006-06-22 01:31, Kyuu wrote:
I find that unlikely, as who would take their PM to fight if the PM's kills got them no exp? It would be rather... stupid.

What I mean is that if you tag the enemy, you still get exp. If your PM lands the killing strike, you're not getting full exp.

And as for the comment about whether or not they take up slots or not, they most definitely will take up party slots.

Why people will bring them into battle? Maybe there will be times you don't feel like playing with other people, but you're not entirely strong enough to solo an area on your own. This is basically where you'll benefit the most, as you could essentially "solo" with a "3 character party" (Yourself + 1 PM +1 NPC).

Rukocyn
Jun 22, 2006, 03:14 PM
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rukocyn on 2006-06-22 22:39 ]</font>

DizzyDi
Jun 22, 2006, 03:26 PM
It only would make sense that a PM take up a member slot in the party. Just like the NPC's that give you thier partner card at the beggining of the online game take up a party member slot.

Kers
Jun 22, 2006, 03:26 PM
*agrees with Saner & Lyrise*

6 people each with 6 PMs combating sounds too big for the game.

PMs could be implemented in combat not to fully replace a party member, but to help with the lack of there being one. Plus, many games use an experience reduction for when a pet (PM) assists you in a kill, to make it fair for those who don't use PMs(if not, trioing with 3 PMs could be easier to level then a full group).

Sgt_Shligger
Jun 22, 2006, 04:03 PM
I was wondering, if you raise your PM to do certain things, will it be trainable to make certain elements (like fire, ice, etc..) What effects the element of your weapon/guards made in synthesis?

Lyrise
Jun 22, 2006, 05:37 PM
The photons you use in item synthesis will determine the element; as in most cases weapon boards will ask for a "??? photon". But it doesn't end there; the proficiency of the element on the equipment (a percentage value indicating the strength of the elemental effect) is determined through sheer luck. You could end up with anything from 10-30%, maybe even higher.

Saner
Jun 22, 2006, 09:00 PM
I dont think combat PMs can be revived with Moon atomizers they just return to your inventory in digital form, so that balances things even further.

ShinMaruku
Jun 22, 2006, 09:55 PM
As long as I get to craft epaons the like the world has never seen then sell them at a 200% profit, I'll be fine.