PDA

View Full Version : Your gender?

Sindustries
Jun 22, 2006, 10:01 PM
I would like a rough assessment of the male to female ratio.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sindustries on 2006-06-22 20:10 ]</font>

ShinMaruku
Jun 22, 2006, 10:33 PM
My comedy character sets will all be male.

Moo2u
Jun 22, 2006, 10:43 PM
Male. I don't want horney nerds hitting on me, thank you.

Sindustries
Jun 22, 2006, 10:49 PM
On 2006-06-22 20:43, Moo2u wrote:
Male. I don't want horney nerds hitting on me, thank you.

You dont wish to partake in the rollercoaster of love?

ShinMaruku
Jun 22, 2006, 10:54 PM
Ypu mena exploitation. If that happens to me and I get nice treatment, I'd abuse the help of the perves.

Ibuka
Jun 22, 2006, 10:58 PM
I'm gonna have one male character and three female characters.
Even though i never understood why dudes hit on your character and you tell them your a guy and the get all mad like and say why you make a female character!? Which i don't see why they get mad. It's not like you hit on them with your character. There the ones who are hitting on you lol

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ibuka on 2006-06-22 21:00 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ibuka on 2006-06-22 21:01 ]</font>

Zarode
Jun 22, 2006, 11:19 PM
Even though I am a d00d, I tend to have a lot of female characters. Note: A lot. Kinda stand watching man ass while I play. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif And I tend to like playing fast characters. Unless it is a fighting game, then that is different.

Sindustries
Jun 22, 2006, 11:23 PM
I have been known to utter the ocassional sexual innuendo. I would love to join you on your "porch" and enjoy the "gardens." You can wear the "pearl necklace" I've been meaning to give to you for a long time. Also, I have some "non-dairy creamer" that you can "pour" into your "tea cup" and "mix" it "in" with the "stir stick." Sure, the "creamer" is a bit thick, but it gradually "dissipates" the longer you "stir''.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sindustries on 2006-06-22 21:23 ]</font>

Blitzkommando
Jun 22, 2006, 11:32 PM
I'm a guy but I don't like staring at guy ass for 2000 hours so I play as female characters. That and the female characters tend to have stats closer to how I play (see: RAmarl, HUnewearl). Plus, women make smaller targets for the enemies than big muscular men. It's a win-win situation as far as I am concerned.

Valure
Jun 22, 2006, 11:36 PM
Im a girl, and I well...i like to play as a girl.

About the horny perves who constantly hit on female characters...well (since im a girl) i find it quite flattering when someone hits on me. But if its nonstop flirtation, then I will just tell them off and say that im a burly biker dude. It works enough for me.

Inazuma
Jun 23, 2006, 12:17 AM
oh shit
i voted for male cuz i thought you were asking for the player's gender.

so i change my vote to female b/c i only plan on using female chars.

btw, the only reason i am gonna play as a female char, is b/c they are simply better. if the male newman was better than the female newman, id play male.

Dahilia
Jun 23, 2006, 12:23 AM
:|

Sha_Hua
Jun 23, 2006, 01:15 AM
I'm making 2 of both.
I will probably be playing with the female characters the most. People tend to treat you special when they see a female character. That's the great thing about guys, no thinking, all hormones.

I am expecting there will be more female chars then male. It is a 'Many Men Online Role Playing Girls' game, isn't it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif.

Tycho
Jun 23, 2006, 01:17 AM
Male, but will be playing both.

Asathor
Jun 23, 2006, 02:04 AM
Well, I'm a girl, I will make both but mostly playing as a male.

Skorpius
Jun 23, 2006, 03:01 AM
I'd be using a girl but only because I'm straight and like to watch them. I don't want to stare at a male character, because that would cause me to question my sexuality, and I'm just not that secure with myself.

Mewn
Jun 23, 2006, 04:25 AM
I'm male, but I'll be using female characters. I just prefer them I guess.

Rihcky
Jun 23, 2006, 04:25 AM
^lol

I'm a guy but I play female characters mostly. Girl are just cooler then dudes.

DraginHikari
Jun 23, 2006, 04:28 AM
I usually have one of each or equal numbers anyway... though that because I mostyl base my characters of characters I've created in some stories I used to write for fun http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Shivore
Jun 23, 2006, 05:32 AM
I tend to have multiple characters and they are all different people with different abilities so why shouldn't they have different genders? I tend to do whatever I feel like, though I do know my first character will be female.

Let's see, tallying up my characters from all MMO's I've played I have 4 female and 5 male, spread out over 4 different MMO's, not counting a few gender neutral characters. Ultimately, I think I keep it about evenly split, and I'll probably do the same here. Of course since there is no such option in the poll, I just put "I can't decide." You really should have put a option for "A bit of both" or something. Ah well, hindsight is always 20/20.

Jozon
Jun 23, 2006, 06:00 AM
dude, playin' a dude, 'nuff said

Kers
Jun 23, 2006, 07:59 AM
I'm a guy, but somewhat of a stat whore, so, i'll probably be makin a FOnewearl. I'm not entirely shure though, cuz that male beast A$$ is pretty sekzy! ;P

Hehe, but seriously, if I made a FOnewm I would be too tempted to switch my job when my party isn't looking hehe. *Heal me dammit!* -wut healz?

Meh, I'll probably do that anyways.

Authenticate
Jun 23, 2006, 08:20 AM
My main characters will be a male cast and newman, but I'll have a female beast that I'll mess arround with too.

SirenV
Jun 23, 2006, 09:03 AM
Yeah, I'm a guy but I also generally play females. Alot of the time they have more style options, and or look better/cooler etc... I don't play them becuase I like to "watch them" in THAT way though. If that were the case, like Kers said, I would have to.. well I was planning on making a HUnewm anyway =p, haha.

Also, if they have a stat advantage (like the FOnewearl I'm going to make) then that's good too, And in PSO they had some awesome equipment (Heart of Poumn! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif)

Um, regardless, I have a tendency to make characters that I come up with for stories and stuff too, so it has alot to do with that as well.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jun 23, 2006, 09:36 AM
I'm gonna have both, 2 males and 2 chicks, or if I have to share mem cards, 1 dude and 1 chick. I'm actually a dude

StarWind09
Jun 23, 2006, 09:57 AM
Alpha Male!

InfinityXXX
Jun 23, 2006, 10:38 AM
I'm a guy and I will be playing as a guy. I always make my characters similar to myself to represent me so I'm hoping theres a bald hairstyle(or low fade).(But I've made some female characters on PSO to see how they look and how their gameplay differ)

ANIMEniac
Jun 23, 2006, 10:41 AM
on this game i will most likely make 2 of each gender.

i tend to make characters that fit my style, cool, or atractive. i dont play WoW but when i was playing on my friends game it came down to me making a orc or Night elf, b/c the females wernt that atractive and there seemed to be no gender differences.same in Guild wars but wen i get factions i will have a female assasin cause they look cooler and not as cliche as the male ninja (though i may have to make a male just for the naruto style head band). in pso there are play diferences between class and gender so i tried playin all chars, and it helped that one could make some visualy pleasing female chars lol ^_^. im PSU im bringin back my HUnewearl and RAmar, and will make a cast and beast

add: like others, i tend to make a story around my chars. but that is usualy after i make them and become attached to certain ones.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ANIMEniac on 2006-06-23 08:44 ]</font>

Ryoten
Jun 23, 2006, 10:45 AM
Well I'll be playing as two males & two females. Got to get the feel of both sides. lol

xMutex
Jun 23, 2006, 11:48 AM
I'll have 1 female the rest males

Dahilia
Jun 23, 2006, 12:11 PM
On 2006-06-23 01:01, Skorpius wrote:
I'd be using a girl but only because I'm straight and like to watch them. I don't want to stare at a male character, because that would cause me to question my sexuality, and I'm just not that secure with myself.

WOW.

That is the first time in my life I've ever seen a sexually insecure person actually admit they were sexually insecure.

I'm speechless. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

ElfKitty
Jun 23, 2006, 12:42 PM
Wow, so far the ratio is more balanced than I would have expected.

I'm a girl and I'll be using female characters ^_^

Kimil
Jun 23, 2006, 12:47 PM
I'm male
My character is going to be male
... and I'll have 2 female ones =P

chibiLegolas
Jun 23, 2006, 01:05 PM
Female player here who prefers to play male characters.
Hey, I like eye candy just as much as the next guy.
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
I just hope there's some sexy outfits for guys to wear as well to show off their abs and @sses.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chibiLegolas on 2006-06-23 11:14 ]</font>

ShinMaruku
Jun 23, 2006, 01:30 PM
I use both according to what playing style I need.
Like for Lino,Beast and Fiddy cent I need men.

For some good long hours a female's ass is what I'll be starin at.
And for mah epics.. hmmmm....

UltimateCarl
Jun 23, 2006, 01:49 PM
Eh, I dunno. Prolly two of each like some other people here. The only character I really have planned right now, though, is a guy. Dunno if he'll stay as my primary or not, but whatever. I'm a stat whore, and while in the end I'll truly play and do what I want, (what's the point of a game if you're not having fun?) I always take stats into consideration. So, yeah, if I do make a FOrce, it'll be a female Newman. I'm also considering a HUcaseal, as at first glance they now have the highest defense of any combo and fourth highest HP... However, if what people around here are saying is true, that Tech Defense comes from a different stat, then they might not be the uber tanks I want them to be... Ah well.

But, yeah, I'm a guy, and if there's no real difference, I'll normally play a guy. I don't avoid playing females, I just happen to be one of the maybe five people that think big buff guys look cool as opposed to scrawny pretty boys. Plus I sort of subconsciously Role Play in any game I play, meaning I try to make a character that's at least passingly similar to myself. However, in PSU there ARE stat differences and women get some cool clothes options. Plus you can always get free items from horny 13-year-old boys! XD

Sindustries
Jun 23, 2006, 01:59 PM
I just happen to be one of the maybe five people that think big buff guys look cool as opposed to scrawny pretty boys. Plus I sort of subconsciously Role Play in any game I play, meaning I try to make a character that's at least passingly similar to myself.

It appears ive found another who shares my views.

Actual statement directed towards me.

''Aw shit, I told you for the last time, i aint going out with your crazy goliath looking motherfucking ass''
- anonymous -

Thats the result im looking for, a character that represents myself, and possibly always has liqour on hand in case of emergency, as a general rule.

Ash1ey
Jun 23, 2006, 02:56 PM
On 2006-06-23 11:59, Sindustries wrote:

I just happen to be one of the maybe five people that think big buff guys look cool as opposed to scrawny pretty boys. Plus I sort of subconsciously Role Play in any game I play, meaning I try to make a character that's at least passingly similar to myself.

''Aw shit, I told you for the last time, i aint going out with your crazy goliath looking motherfucking ass''
- anonymous -

Thats the result im looking for, a character that represents myself, and possibly always has liqour on hand in case of emergency, as a general rule.

I actually share your views too lol

Anyways, for me I'll be playing both, but mostly a female.

Kyuu
Jun 23, 2006, 02:58 PM

Big buff guys look like idiots, which is fitting since they (usually) are. I don't particularly like "pretty boys" either, but then most buff guys are pretty boys too. They don't work out to get buff because they need to lift heavy objects all day; they do it because they think it makes them look good.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-06-23 12:58 ]</font>

-Klaus-
Jun 23, 2006, 03:02 PM
I'm playing as a female, even though i'll have both genders... I like to play my gender, I feel akward when I'm not. >_>;

Sindustries
Jun 23, 2006, 03:39 PM
On 2006-06-23 12:58, Kyuu wrote:

Big buff guys look like idiots, which is fitting since they (usually) are. I don't particularly like "pretty boys" either, but then most buff guys are pretty boys too. They don't work out to get buff because they need to lift heavy objects all day; they do it because they think it makes them look good.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-06-23 12:58 ]</font>

Generalization is the sudden cessation of intelligence. we have perfect evidence here.

Alisha
Jun 23, 2006, 03:46 PM
my gender is fomarl XD

Rubesahl
Jun 23, 2006, 05:40 PM
I'm male, and I make most of my characters male >_>; Usually I have one female though http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif and she's usually my secondary one. I like getting the 'roleplaying' thing going on so that's probably why I preffer playing characters of my gender.

ShinMaruku
Jun 23, 2006, 06:19 PM
On 2006-06-23 11:59, Sindustries wrote:

- anonymous -

You are gonna make the Juggernaught?

Pheromone
Jun 23, 2006, 07:19 PM
male... and oy.. this seems like the ... er.. nevermind... too offensive ... .. umm MALE .... as I am male... and I relate to males more tahn females... because I have male genitals...

UltimateCarl
Jun 23, 2006, 08:07 PM
You are gonna make the Juggernaught?

Don't you know who I am? XD

Sindustries
Jun 23, 2006, 08:13 PM
He must not know who I am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9puXA22JKDA&search=juggernaut

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sindustries on 2006-06-23 18:16 ]</font>

Nisshoku
Jun 23, 2006, 08:32 PM
Well, if it's anything like my PSO characters of the past, I will make female characters, but most of the characters I do play will probably be male. Just the way I am, really.

Fleece
Jun 23, 2006, 08:37 PM
My girlfriend will be taking a female character, its hard to flirt with a 7 foot male robot in my opinion

Kyuu
Jun 24, 2006, 12:49 AM
On 2006-06-23 13:39, Sindustries wrote:

Generalization is the sudden cessation of intelligence. we have perfect evidence here.

Ah of course. Your dislike of "scrawny pretty boys" is perfectly acceptable, but anyone who dislikes what you like is making absurd generalizations.

Hypocrite much?

Oh, and for the record, I didn't say ALL buff people are idiots, and so therefore didn't make a generalization. I did say most buff people are idiots who only do it out of concern for their looks, with the obvious implication of that being in my experience. I don't usually find it necessary to add that disclaimer, since it should be fairly obvious that I'm speaking out of my own experience.

And for further clarification, when I speak of buff, I mean beyond just having a healthy, athletic build with some musculature. I mean body building physiques, that emphasize muscle for the sake of muscle, which is not at all attractive in my opinion.

Also, you should avoid making remarks about intelligence while being a vocal advocate of senseless violence and boozing in many of your posts.

On topic: Most my characters are always female. It's just a superficial thing; most games, the females are better done and are more fitting of the image I have for my characters. That, and I happen to prefer looking at them for hours on end rather than my own gender.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-06-23 23:01 ]</font>

astuarlen
Jun 24, 2006, 01:00 AM
I'll be girlin' it up, because girls is pretty and we all like pretty things, right-o oreo?
I hope we get some cute dresses or skirts, though. :>

lol Skorp

Buriningwolf
Jun 24, 2006, 01:23 AM
50-50 I'm making 2 males and 2 females.

CherryLunar
Jun 24, 2006, 02:21 AM
Girlin' it up along with Astuarlen. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Well for the most part. I may have 1 male character. May.

Skoal
Jun 24, 2006, 02:36 AM
On 2006-06-22 21:23, Sindustries wrote:
I have been known to utter the ocassional sexual innuendo. I would love to join you on your "porch" and enjoy the "gardens." You can wear the "pearl necklace" I've been meaning to give to you for a long time. Also, I have some "non-dairy creamer" that you can "pour" into your "tea cup" and "mix" it "in" with the "stir stick." Sure, the "creamer" is a bit thick, but it gradually "dissipates" the longer you "stir''.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sindustries on 2006-06-22 21:23 ]</font>

haah thats funny

Spellbinder
Jun 24, 2006, 03:02 AM
"I can't decide"... why does that option sound so funny in my head.

SubstanceD
Jun 24, 2006, 03:06 AM
I voted that I can't deceide.

As a guy, I would like to make a Male character ( I would especially like to make one since on PSO GC, 95% of all my characters are Hucaseals and I would really like to look at somthing else after all these years ).

Since all Races/Genders have the same attack animations and we are free to switch Classes during gameplay my final choice is basically going to come down to Charcter Customistaion. IF I can make a Male character look exactly the way I want one to, then I will create a Male character, otherwise I much rather create a female.

Skye-Fox713
Jun 24, 2006, 05:33 PM
if i can get online i'll have one of each the male i will try and make to look as much like me as if i lived in the PSU univers and one female cause i liked the RAmarl class a lot cause of the stats.

KuroNetsune
Jun 24, 2006, 06:23 PM
On 2006-06-23 18:37, Fleece wrote:
My girlfriend will be taking a female character, its hard to flirt with a 7 foot male robot in my opinion

o.o no it's not XD *chases Arty*

vitius137
Jun 24, 2006, 08:10 PM
my characters' genders will be made entirely based on stats. im planning to have 2 guys and 2 girls.

Elleranda
Jun 24, 2006, 09:38 PM
Females and maybe a guy. But he'll probably be a retarded male cast ranger named Thumper or something. I won't be playing much else than my HUbeast, though.

NightHour13
Jun 26, 2006, 12:44 AM
I never did get why guys play girl characters...I doubt its the whole "dood, i hate staring at a guys butt. Cause ya know, thats what i do every minute of my online game career. Must mean i do it outside as well. But i dont get out that much...Actually not at all. Im a mole rat/human cross breed"

Why would you stare at your characters ass the whole time?

Any way i play male because thats what i am. My character is an extension of my persona. I dont stare at his ass all day, so i guess i dont have to worry about that.