PDA

View Full Version : What class will your Main be?

Falco0217
Jun 23, 2006, 04:09 PM
Unlike in PSO, classes in PSU seem to have more class defining roles.

With the ability to use Photon Art, and with their naturally higher HP, Hunters seem to have more of a melee damage dealing as well as a tanking role.

Rangers have high ATA and have bullets that can give enemies negative status effects, which would be great for melee support.

Lastly, with low HP, but high MST, Forces seem to be suited for long range damage as well as support for the party with stat rising and healing technics.

In PSO it is more than possible to complete any quest with just a team of hunters. In PSU it is obvious that in order to complete some of the harder missions it may be necessary to have a variety of classes in your team. So to give me a better Idea of the balance between classes I wanted to create this poll.

At this time, what class will your main character be?

UltimateCarl
Jun 23, 2006, 04:48 PM
My first character I've already got planned out is gonna be a Ranger. I dig guns too much, and they look especially fun with the new system. I'm diggin' some dual pistols or machine guns. Plus I have a sinking feeling that Rangers will have the least amount of players... It certainly seemed that way in PSO. I like to fill in the gaps, but more importantly I like to think I'm unique wether I am or not. XD

Inazuma
Jun 23, 2006, 04:49 PM
8 FOnewearls for me (^_^)/

mechatra
Jun 23, 2006, 04:51 PM
^
I saw that one comming Inazuma
^_^

My mains gonna be a Beast, Primarily Hunter.
I like being primal and having alittle Rawr! to my online persona.

*points to sig*

Saner
Jun 23, 2006, 05:36 PM
you know I never understood why I picked Ranger back in PSO. and almost maxed out their level too.

did try out all the classes before in PSO but none of them full time like ranger.

Definitely Hunter this time all the way.

Rubesahl
Jun 23, 2006, 05:49 PM
f.o.r.c.e. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif I love mage characters http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif and like in PSO, a FO will be my main. I'll obviously have the other classes in other characters since photon arts look so cool >_> unlike FOs which may suffer from a more repetitive attack animation but doesn't really matter http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif;

tank1
Jun 23, 2006, 06:22 PM
100% Human Ranger if it aint got guns its not worth doing. *in my opinion*

Jozon
Jun 23, 2006, 06:28 PM
RAWR!!!

*go's Nanoblast*

oh yeah, O, rly?

oh yeah, beast hunter over here, nothing says you get beat up by bare fisted whoopins

Mewn
Jun 23, 2006, 06:56 PM
Ranger will be my 'main' class.

But isn't this question just a bit redundant if you can switch classes easily without any penalties (other than Meseta)? I mean, if you don't have a Force on hand, and you've levelled up the class enough... couldn't you just switch to Force? If you need an extra tank, can't you just switch to Hunter? This goes on and on obviously.

Pheromone
Jun 23, 2006, 07:29 PM
Ra ra ra ra RAAAAANEWWWWMANNNNN

Authenticate
Jun 23, 2006, 08:12 PM
Mostly ranger, but I do intend to max out every job for all of my characters.

Neith
Jun 23, 2006, 08:18 PM
Hunter Beast, get feral on stuff http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

I plan to have one Hunter, one Ranger and one Force, but I'll likely play the Hunter the most- it's in mah blood http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Nisshoku
Jun 23, 2006, 08:27 PM
Seeing as my main prime will be Nisshoku, he's going to be as his PSO incarnation was; a Hunter, through and through. Now, what weapons I'll primarily use, that's another story. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Shiro_Ryuu
Jun 23, 2006, 10:47 PM
my main is gonna be HUmar, I just love swords and slashing things up. I do plan on having one of each class, but my main is gonna be a Hunter.

ZekeStargazer
Jun 23, 2006, 11:44 PM
My main will be full blooded male hunter. I enjoy the use of a handgun every once in awhile, but the selection to fence with a saber and switch to the cumbersome slamming of a sword always compelled me. I always tried to support my other teammates as well, and I always enjoyed the strength of the Humar and the finesse of his techniques.

Skoal
Jun 24, 2006, 02:30 AM
Im gonna be a wicked ass Ranger using those laser-beams haha

Falco0217
Jun 24, 2006, 12:36 PM
But isn't this question just a bit redundant if you can switch classes easily without any penalties (other than Meseta)? I mean, if you don't have a Force on hand, and you've levelled up the class enough... couldn't you just switch to Force? If you need an extra tank, can't you just switch to Hunter? This goes on and on obviously.

I am aware that every character can change their class when ever they choose; however, there are a couple issues to think about.

1. It costs mesesta to change one's class, and depending on how exspensive it is to change one's class, players may not want to spend the money every time the team needs a different class.

2. Even if the player doesn't mind spending the mesesta to change his/her class, there is still the chance that the player's class levels are far apart (i.e. Someone's hunter level could be 10 and his/her force level could be 3)

3. Next, even if a character has equal class levels in 2 or 3 of the classes, race still plays a part . Such as, a Focast may be more than possible to play as, but it may not be as effective as a Fonewm.

Moo2u
Jun 24, 2006, 01:23 PM
Ranger all the way.

Dre_o
Jun 24, 2006, 02:39 PM
I'd kill myself before I left my Double Saber behind. Hunter for me man.

Mewn
Jun 24, 2006, 03:26 PM
I am aware that every character can change their class when ever they choose; however, there are a couple issues to think about.

1. It costs mesesta to change one's class, and depending on how exspensive it is to change one's class, players may not want to spend the money every time the team needs a different class.
True, but we don't know just how expensive it will end up being compared to the amount of Meseta you can rake in later on in the game. It might well end up that changing your class requires nothing more than what is metaphorically down the back of the couch, even with the increasing costs to change after every class change (I presume there's a cap somewhere).

2. Even if the player doesn't mind spending the mesesta to change his/her class, there is still the chance that the player's class levels are far apart (i.e. Someone's hunter level could be 10 and his/her force level could be 3)
Unless there is some kind of cap on total job levels, there will no doubt be players who will be able to raise very high job levels for all classes.

3. Next, even if a character has equal class levels in 2 or 3 of the classes, race still plays a part . Such as, a Focast may be more than possible to play as, but it may not be as effective as a Fonewm.

It may turn out that a FOcast or FOfur (or whatever you call them) is better than having no FO at all though. I think the point of the job system is versatility after all, and from what I saw Casts did a decent job of FOing in the Beta. They were not as good as Newmans obviously but they weren't, strictly speaking, bad.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure people will have a 'main' class or sorts, it's just that people here seem awful sure that their character is going to definitively be x class when the whole system, to me, seems set up to promote people changing roles to fit the party. I'm just saying that I think that people overall will deviate more from their chosen classes than they seem to think they will at the moment.

If I'm right, it makes the whole 'what will your class be?' question somewhat redundant. Guess we'll wait and see.

Sha_Hua
Jun 24, 2006, 04:10 PM
Hunter 33.33 % (10)
Ranger 33.33 % (10)
Force 26.67 % (8)
I don't know yet 6.67 % (2)

Hmm if the ones that arn't certain yet become forces there would be a great balance in the game between classes http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif.
I was afraid everyone would want to be the same class, but seeing all classes almost beeing equally popular can only mean good news for when the game arrives.

Skye-Fox713
Jun 24, 2006, 05:49 PM
I was a ranger in pso ep 1&2 and i will be a ranger in PSU.

Falco0217
Jun 25, 2006, 03:06 PM
True, but we don't know just how expensive it will end up being compared to the amount of Meseta you can rake in later on in the game. It might well end up that changing your class requires nothing more than what is metaphorically down the back of the couch, even with the increasing costs to change after every class change (I presume there's a cap somewhere).

I believe that unlike in PSO, mesesta will be really tight in PSU. From buying mates, to buying weapons, to upgrading your PM, to upgrading your room, to buying semi exspensive articles of clothing as well as accessories. The list doesn't end there either. Even if the price to change your class was cheap, chances are that after a few class changes you're going to find yourself lacking mesesta.

However, later game when mesesta is (hopefully) easier to obtain, I can see that changeing one's class will be quite affordable.

Unless there is some kind of cap on total job levels, there will no doubt be players who will be able to raise very high job levels for all classes.

I would assume that there is a level cap for each class; however, early game people won't be reaching that cap for a long time. In the beginning of the game I am thinking many people will raise one class to become stronger faster. After players reach max class level with one class, that's when I think a lot of players will try out multi-classing.

So again you are probably right some characters will have multiple high level classes, but I don't think we will see that till much later in the game.

It may turn out that a FOcast or FOfur (or whatever you call them) is better than having no FO at all though. I think the point of the job system is versatility after all, and from what I saw Casts did a decent job of FOing in the Beta. They were not as good as Newmans obviously but they weren't, strictly speaking, bad.

I am sure that Focast and Fobeast will be perfectly playable, but lets look at this instance.

A player has a team of 1 HUbeast, 1 HUhuman, and 1 RAcast. Lets say that the human and the cast did not level up the force class, but the beast did. The beast player decides that a force is needed for the mission so he decides to change his class to Force. The new team looks like this 1 HUhuman, 1 RAcast, and 1 FObeast. The team lost its strongest class (HUbeast), and gains a decent force (FObeast) and has to relie on a decent HUhuman.

This now leads us to the question: "Is it worth it to lose a power hitter to gain decent support technics, as well as resta, and long range damage?"

I guess at this time it would be hard to tell, but you are probably right in the fact that any force is better than no force.

Anyways sorry for the long reply, but I had to defend my opinion.

xMutex
Jun 25, 2006, 04:06 PM
Probably hunter for me. With the new crazy combo things (sorry not sure what they are at the moment jsut woke up) combat will be so cool http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

EnixBelmont
Jul 3, 2006, 05:41 AM
Probably a hunter here. I like melee, and my other 2 friends getting the game are going to be a force and a ranger...So It'd probably be the best if I balanced it out http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

chibiLegolas
Jul 3, 2006, 10:45 AM
I, like many others, are a long time fan of melee forces. Seeing that it'll probably not happen till later at higher levels, I'll stick to my:
Support FO: solely status & healing techs + minor RA class: guns/bows

I never was a fan of tech spamming for pure damage. I'd rather boost myself up to be a mediocre ranger and deal melee damage if possible over tech damage.
I just hope there's enough tech damaging FO's around for those pesky boards/bosses where you know you'll need them.

vox3om
Jul 3, 2006, 10:49 AM
Honestly, I would like to say that I'm going to be a hunter, but I may also be a force. I just know that I want to start as a Cast. I'm pretty sure a Hucast will exist in PSU as it did in PSO.

Sevenfold
Jul 3, 2006, 12:19 PM
Im witrh you vox3om, as far as hunter/HUcast goes.

Saner
Jul 3, 2006, 09:32 PM
ya Hunter class is fun. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif