PDA

View Full Version : One class each character or well-rounded?

Shiro_Ryuu
Jun 24, 2006, 01:38 PM
I was just thinking about something. I'm sure this is different from the "what class you main will be?" one. I'm curious to know, will you guys have characters that will specialize in something, like train someone only or at least mostly as a Hunter, Ranger, or Force or will you want your characters to be a little good at everything?

Inazuma
Jun 24, 2006, 02:11 PM
pure force for me. i want to focus on one type only so i can be as strong as possible.

hypersaxon
Jun 24, 2006, 02:17 PM
Doesn't really matter, since you can change your class at any time, why not level up all 3 jobs?

Of course, I'll start out leveling one job. My main character will start as a Hunter, since I like playing Hunter most. Then after a while, I might switch to Ranger or Force just for fun.

Falco0217
Jun 24, 2006, 02:18 PM
I will be making a few characters to try the classes out, but at this time I think my first and main character will specialize in the Ranger class. I would rather have one high leveled class then a few lower leveled classes.

I don't see the point to level different classes on the same character. To my knowledge class levels will not effect each other. I mean if you level classes evenly not only would you have spent a lot of mesesta, but all of your class lvls will be lower then someone who specialized in a class.

For instance lets say Bob and Bill start a character. Bob decides that he wants his character to multiclass so his character becomes a class lvl 2 hunter, a class lvl 2 force, and a class lvl 2 Ranger all on one character. Bill decides he wants an awesome hunter, so while Bob was lvling up multiple classes, Bill got his single class to an impressive class lvl of 4, or double the power of any one class Bob's character had.

I guess a counter to this statement would be that evenly lvling up multiple classes gives a player more variety, but in that case why not just make another character that specializes in another class?

Anyways those are my two cents talk to you all later.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jun 24, 2006, 02:48 PM
thats what I was thinking Falco, I mean you can change your class at the counter but I would prefer a super bad-@$$ Chuck Norris level Hunter, Force, and Ranger over a guy who is like equally good at all of them because then, when you get to level 100 or something, you'll just be a level 33 Hunter, Force, or Ranger and might not fair too well in the higher difficulties. I'd rather have level 100 stats at one class than level 33 stats at 3 different classes.

Saner
Jun 24, 2006, 02:53 PM
pure Hunter all the way.

maybewhen level capped and weapon mastered, I might switch classes, maybe.

it would take longer developing a class trying to be well-rounded, so I like focusing on one entirely.

Kyuu
Jun 24, 2006, 06:00 PM
On 2006-06-24 12:48, Shiroryuu wrote:
thats what I was thinking Falco, I mean you can change your class at the counter but I would prefer a super bad-@$$ Chuck Norris level Hunter, Force, and Ranger over a guy who is like equally good at all of them because then, when you get to level 100 or something, you'll just be a level 33 Hunter, Force, or Ranger and might not fair too well in the higher difficulties. I'd rather have level 100 stats at one class than level 33 stats at 3 different classes.

That's not how it works, though. You don't lose your character levels when you switch jobs. You just have seperate job levels for each class. A level 100 character with level 20 in all jobs wouldn't be any better or worse than another level 100 character with 20 job levels in only one class (assuming the second character is being compared for the class he has 20 levels in, of course).

Personally, I'd rather have a different character for each class rather than using the same character for every class. That way I get to be the race/class combo I want for each, rather than having the same race and same look no matter what class I'm playing as.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-06-24 16:01 ]</font>

Alisha
Jun 25, 2006, 12:55 AM
im stilll sorta uncedided since my main pso character was a badass fomarl D and D style cleric. i likely dont have that option this time around si im not completely sure what i want to do.

Pheromone
Jun 25, 2006, 08:36 AM
pure RAnewm....

Saner
Jun 25, 2006, 12:25 PM
PSO didnt allow changing classes anyway so I think many will treat their first chosen class as a career like before. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

ANIMEniac
Jun 25, 2006, 06:40 PM
my main's will most likely be well rounded, then i will have a HUbeast/HUbeastra, then a RAcast/caseal named Gunner Ichi.

Alisha
Jun 25, 2006, 07:49 PM
On 2006-06-25 10:25, Saner wrote:
PSO didnt allow changing classes anyway so I think many will treat their first chosen class as a career like before. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

the only reason this game alloows char class changing is the 4 character limit.

Nisshoku
Jun 25, 2006, 08:05 PM
I'll be dabbling in all aspects, here and there. But then again, maybe I've said too much.

EphekZ
Jun 25, 2006, 09:11 PM
Melee fo, with support techs ;o

Ether
Jun 25, 2006, 10:26 PM
On 2006-06-25 17:49, Alisha wrote:
the only reason this game alloows char class changing is the 4 character limit.

I doubt that, PSO BB has a 4 character limit as well. Not to mention the original PSO only allowed 1 character per memory card

Edit: ontopic I'm going to make 3 characters, FOnewearl RAcaseal and HUmarl. No multi classing for me

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ether on 2006-06-25 20:26 ]</font>

UltimateCarl
Jun 26, 2006, 02:41 AM
Yeah, I'm definitely focusing on one class per character, at least at first. I guess when I max everything out I might go ahead and finish the other two up, y'know? And, hey, if my group is being bored looking for a class we don't have and we've already got another Ranger, I might as well switch. I also think it'd be fun if you had a bunch of friends that all specialized to just randomly have everyone switch to a class they're at level 1 in and then see how long you last in your normal leveling grounds... XD