PDA

View Full Version : PP question on weapons

Mattlock
Jun 24, 2006, 08:03 PM
I checked a out acouple of sites and found out alot about PP, but im still curious on some things like.. how fast does it regenerate naturally? And does the regeneration rates differ per weapon, per race or per rank of weapons??

Ryna
Jun 24, 2006, 08:10 PM
On 2006-06-24 18:03, Mattlock wrote:
I checked a out acouple of sites and found out alot about PP, but im still curious on some things like.. how fast does it regenerate naturally? And does the regeneration rates differ per weapon, per race or per rank of weapons??

From what I saw in closed-beta it mostly seems to be based on the weapon-type. Certain weapons regenerate faster than others (Staffs versus Swords). We'll have to wait for the final release of the game to test the other factors.

Ether
Jun 24, 2006, 08:50 PM
Also it is believed that the stat endurance effects PP regeneration, as Newman Forces and Cast Rangers regenerate faster than other races of their class

TheGreyCliche
Jun 26, 2006, 02:12 PM
what i want to know is how pp is diminished for ranged weapons. for hunter weapons, the pp goes down when you use a photon art, correct? so there must be some sort of photon art or special move for guns right? or is it whenever a ranger uses his element based attack does the pp go down. i dunno.

Dre_o
Jun 26, 2006, 02:16 PM
On 2006-06-26 12:12, TheGreyCliche wrote:
what i want to know is how pp is diminished for ranged weapons. for hunter weapons, the pp goes down when you use a photon art, correct? so there must be some sort of photon art or special move for guns right? or is it whenever a ranger uses his element based attack does the pp go down. i dunno.

On guns, PP goes down when ever you shoot. Special Bullet or Normal, it still goes down.

Lyrise
Jun 26, 2006, 02:47 PM
Special shots consume more PP than normal shots though (because your photon art is considered permanently active as long as the art is linked).

Going back to regeneration though, not just the type of weapon you use, but the brand of the weapon can change your recovery as well. Different brands do different weapons better. Some brands of weapons are better statwise, but have extremely poor PP capabilities. Others have killer PP capabilities, but are the weakest of the lot. It really depends on the playstyle of the wielder.