PDA

View Full Version : Mcdonald's Drama...

InfinityXXX
Jun 26, 2006, 09:03 AM
I quit my old job for a job at Mcdonalds. I'm getting paid less but its more fun than my last job and its easier and less stressful.....at least that was I thought.

True it is fun and I know people that work with me but I am very stressed due to how unorganized it is.

See, the manager is very laid back and in a way thats good but its bad too. I had to keep calling to get the job and when I was in the process of getting the job, she couldn't even find my application. She works in the morning and gets off around 4 p.m. While I start at 6 p.m and work till 11 p.m. (Only Fridays,Sat,and Suns) I also warn her that on June 30 through July 5, I will not be in town.

After getting hired she told me she would call me in the morning when to get my uniform but she never called in the morning so I had to call her in the afternoon only to find out that she got my pant sizes wrong and the shoes were used and dirty.

So after getting the uniform she told me to come in last Friday(the 23rd) so the assistant manager can help me and tell me how everything works. So I come in and though he is nice, it was very hard to understand what he was saying and he didn't really explain things in detail so during the beginning I look like an idiot standing there and messing up certain orders but I get it eventually and I end up having fun.

So after my pitiful 2 hours I clock out and he tells me I'm not on the schedule for saturday and sunday so I should call the manager and ask her when I should work tommorow morning.

The next day comes and I'm thinking of how I want to straighten out everything. I want to get my schedule in order, tell her again (in case she forgot)about when I'll be out of town, ask her when do we get paid,and tell her that when school starts I won't be able to work fridays. So I call in the morning and no one answers. I call about 10 times and no one still answers so I wait till about 3 p.m and one of the assistant manager picks up and says he'll tell her to call me tommorow morning.

Sunday comes and I'm waiting in the morning and 3 p.m comes and no one still calls. So I call and the same asistant manager tells me shes not there and while I'm saying thang you he hangs up.

Now I know I may be getting on his nerves but I just don't like having everything unorganized. The only thing they have to do is organize my schedule and I'll be fine. The manager is like Carmen Sandiego for its so damn hard to find and get in contact with her. Am I wrong for calling and wanting to know my damn schedule and get some question answered about my JOB!?

In all, I don't know what to do. More than likely she forgot that I'll be out of town so they may just call while I'm gone. And I'm afriad if I call and the same guy pick up he'll probably try to fire me for getting on his nerves. What do you think I should do, what would you do in my situation?

ABDUR101
Jun 26, 2006, 09:09 AM
Well, be responsible and keep calling to try and get ahold of her. This is your job, you're trying to take it seriously, even if it's just at McDonalds. As well, if they fire you for 'getting on their nerves', I think your arguement of trying to get your schedule and be organized(a good employee) over their "he was being annoying with his constant calling to get his schedule" would most likely win a wrongful termination suit.

Don't get stressed out over it, it's just McDonalds, and by proxy it's not the end of the world. As well, I would'nt be surprised if they fired you just before the probationary period anyway.

Farrmark
Jun 26, 2006, 11:39 AM
I had a similar experience in BK about 10 years ago http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

They simply didn't bother to contact me after they spent a whole 2 hrs training me up http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

On my second day I walked in and handed in my uniform, got a Spicy Beanburger and left http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

merrycherry9
Jun 26, 2006, 02:55 PM
If i were you i would apply for other jobs. Keep in mind it is summer so there probably isnt many jobs left but if you do get another job then take it and leave McDonalds. If you dont get hired at another job then try your best at McDonalds then after summer try applying to other places again. There will probably be more jobs out there during school so you can quit McDonalds and have a less stressful job http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif As for the manager my only question is how did she even get hired in the first place let alone get to be manager lol http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

InfinityXXX
Jun 27, 2006, 02:18 PM
I called and I got the assistant manager again and told me when to come in again and he'll work with me from there.

I to, wonder how she became manager. Seniority maybe.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jun 27, 2006, 07:43 PM
Nothing like not having a schedule wondering if you're supposed to do this or that, but don't sweat it too much if it all falls through in the end from their miscommunication.

If anything keep more in touch with the manager who has his head on his shoulders and not the lady who has her head in the clouds.

Don't worry about being a pest. If they need you they'll keep your around, if they have enough workers, you might be let go from their high turnover rate anyway.

Best of luck.