PDA

View Full Version : Gender/Race/Tech % Bonuses for Forces?

Pure-chan
Jun 26, 2006, 12:31 PM
Does anyone know if the tech bonuses (ex. +30% damage to simple techs for FOnewearls) from PSO episode 1 and 2 carried over to PSU? I'm not getting my hopes up too much, but after hearing that certain class/race combos receive extra bonuses to PP Regen, I figured I'd ask. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Also, how do the casting rates stack up between races/genders? I've read that canes and rods have different rates of fire; but do all forces cast at the same rate when using the same weapon? Do male forces still cast more quickly barehanded?

Thanks for the feedback!

Tycho
Jun 26, 2006, 12:32 PM
If at all, I haven't heard about them yet, while in PSO the character creation menus already gave some hints.

Lyrise
Jun 26, 2006, 02:04 PM
On 2006-06-26 10:31, Pure-chan wrote:
Does anyone know if the tech bonuses (ex. +30% damage to simple techs for FOnewearls) from PSO episode 1 and 2 carried over to PSU? I'm not getting my hopes up too much, but after hearing that certain class/race combos receive extra bonuses to PP Regen, I figured I'd ask. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Also, how do the casting rates stack up between races/genders? I've read that canes and rods have different rates of fire; but do all forces cast at the same rate when using the same weapon? Do male forces still cast more quickly barehanded?

Thanks for the feedback!

There are no race bonuses. The example you specify with the PP regeneration is just the result of a class and a race. The only power boost at the moment comes from stacking same element techs on a single weapon, and predictably in the future from units.

Race and gender also have nothing to do with cast rates, the only modifier at the moment seems to be through units. There are already casting speed boosting units for extra slots and head slots. And no, casting speed isn't affected by your weapon, seeing as you MUST have a weapon on inorder to use techs in the first place (they're linked to your weapon).

Pure-chan
Jun 27, 2006, 01:15 PM
On 2006-06-26 12:04, Lyrise wrote:
There are no race bonuses. The example you specify with the PP regeneration is just the result of a class and a race. The only power boost at the moment comes from stacking same element techs on a single weapon, and predictably in the future from units.

Race and gender also have nothing to do with cast rates, the only modifier at the moment seems to be through units. There are already casting speed boosting units for extra slots and head slots. And no, casting speed isn't affected by your weapon, seeing as you MUST have a weapon on inorder to use techs in the first place (they're linked to your weapon).

That makes sense (although I'll miss the passive damage boost). By not having bonuses or varying cast rates between races ST can simplify game balance by making Forces a sliding scale between 'loads of damage dealt/no HP' and 'less damage dealt/more HP'.

You make a good point about needing to equip a weapon in order to cast - I was still thinking in PSO terms and forgot that the techs actually come FROM the weapons in PSU. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif I'm curious though, when you said "...casting speed isn't affected by your weapon, seeing as you MUST have a weapon on inorder to use techs in the first place", are you referring exclusively to casting bare-handed? I was pretty sure that I had read something about canes and rods casting at different speeds on psow (with the trade-off for slower casting, two-handed rods being that you were able to fit more techs into one).

Also; I understand that it's class specific, but wouldn't the varying PP regeneration on Cast RA and Newman FO still qualify as some sort of race/class combo bonus?

Thanks for the feedback!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pure-chan on 2006-06-27 11:40 ]</font>

hypersaxon
Jun 27, 2006, 01:54 PM
Yes that's correct, the different types of Force weapons have different cast speeds. The Cane casts faster but can only have two techs equipped, but also allow for the use of a sidearm since it's a right-handed weapon. Staffs are two-handed and are slow at casting, but you can put up to 4 techs on it.

DizzyDi
Jun 27, 2006, 02:37 PM
And since you can put up to 4 techs on a staff, if you put 4 of the same element tech on a staff, it'll be stronger than just 2 of the same element on a cane, right?