PDA

View Full Version : stoopid

DroolinBuddie
Jun 27, 2006, 01:31 PM
OKay i jus want to say a few things, i hate it when sum ppl change my sh*t when it doesnt need to b changed u get what i mean?
and if its jus a joke then leave it, dont change it n sh*t dats jus a joke no harm done, its jus words as if words can kill sumone -_-;; and spelling I DONT GIV A MCDAMN WHO U ARE i spell how i want to spell ONLINE, ON COMPUTER, ON AIM OR WHERE EVER!!!!!!
its jus fu***IN COMPTUER!!!!!!!!!!!

u can spell like dis <---- IF U WANT
As if ima spell like this at skool n sh*t omfg i kno ppl that spell stuff like dis <--- knows better than to do that at skool, CMON NOW PPL ITS JUS COMPUTER QUIT SAYIN "u cant spell worth crap" N SH**T lIKE THAT
WHAT ARE YOU!?!?!....... A DAMN ENGLISH TEACHER?!?!?!....

-_- some of you cant even take a joke.
And some of you are jus havin too much stress and want everything UR WAY, guess what, nothing is gonna go ur way, and if u dont like my spellin ways then okay i can deal with that, jus dont edit my stuff again, -_- AND YES I WILL WATCH WHAT I POST NEXT TIME.......ASS!!!!

i swear if anyone edits this.....u are a asshole who cant even take a talk about sumthing so little and so harmless -_-

PIT
Jun 27, 2006, 01:36 PM
if you could stop using those shortcuts and phonetic stuff, i could read the whole post...

Shigecki
Jun 27, 2006, 01:40 PM
My head hurts.

navci
Jun 27, 2006, 01:40 PM
Heh. I think you proved their point by writing this post.
Take it easy man. The internet is serious business!

Kizaragu
Jun 27, 2006, 02:31 PM
I got my team of people in and we researched the post in great depth (and at the expense of taxpayers money) all in aid of translating it for you.

In short, it is as follows:
"I'll spell words or abbreviate them in any way I see fit. This angers me when people comment on how badly scripted my posts or messages are, because they're so unreadable.
How dare they not be able to read my own warped version of the english language. Despite all the effort and emotion I've clearly put into my 'darn' messages, why should I make them a much more relaxed read? My opinion clearly doesn't matter enough to me to use the Queens english, so why should you struggle to understand what I'm saying."

If this were in the 'spoken language' your post would be a *mumble mumble* where as everyone elses would a "HELLO!"
Do you get my point? Slight spelling mistakes are the least of your problems.

ABDUR101
Jun 27, 2006, 02:43 PM
See, the issue isn't that people are trying to be bossy and tell you how to spell, it's the fact that when someone tries to decipher that shit, it gets old very fast.

u ned 2 lern social skizalz, bekuz tipin liek diz is fahking laim.

Honestly, when I see someone that types like you on a regular basis, I see it as if they can't take the time to spell, connotate and use halfway decent grammar, so whatever they're trying to say isn't worth reading anyway.

Dre_o
Jun 27, 2006, 03:38 PM
On 2006-06-27 12:43, ABDUR101 wrote:

Honestly, when I see someone that types like you on a regular basis, I see it as if they can't take the time to spell, connotate and use halfway decent grammar, so whatever they're trying to say isn't worth reading anyway.

How very true. Your lack of the patience to type properly shows examples of a few things:

1) You just need to take a step back from your computer, and try and read what you type.

2) Go back to Middle School when you learned how to type because you obviously didn't learn very much anything at all.

3) Butch up. Life is full of people who get annoyed at your lame style of typing. Get over it. Learn to type properly (or at least semi-properly) OR GET THE HELL OFF OF MY THE INTERNET

Stan
Jun 27, 2006, 04:41 PM
On 2006-06-27 11:31, DroolinBuddie wrote:
WHAT ARE YOU!?!?!....... A DAMN ENGLISH TEACHER?!?!?!....

and what if I am?

ryna? :3 can I break the forum rules because he's doing it too? ;3 (no seriously)

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jun 27, 2006, 05:44 PM
LOL YOUR POST MADE ME OMG LOLOYOUR MOM IS A BITCH LOLOLO>

Just a comment sheesh;;;;;; -_-;;;!

Its not about being an English teacher.

Its about typing clearly so the most possible people can read what the hell you're saying. You ACTUALLY LIMIT who can read your post when you type like that, basically your friends and other people who type way more unecessary smileys, characters, and emoticons with massive amounts of unreadable shortcuts.

You might get over this as you get older, but expect the majority of people to give you a hard time about it since it does look ridiculous and its not about being different or going against your teacher's parents and elders.

Basically what teenagers do with the "You're not the boss of me!" outbursts.

RAGING HORMONES!

merrycherry9
Jun 27, 2006, 07:18 PM
On 2006-06-27 11:40, Shigecki wrote:
My head hurts.

That makes two of us http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

RedX
Jun 27, 2006, 09:23 PM
i spell how i want to spell ONLINE, ON COMPUTER, ON AIM OR WHERE EVER!!!!!!

But you see when you spell on the Internet other people see it and as said it is hard for most people to read. Now if it is hard for people that have English as a first language, imagine how hard it is for people with it as a second langue. Spelling like that is just being plain disrespectful.

InfinityXXX
Jun 27, 2006, 11:22 PM
On 2006-06-27 17:18, merrycherry9 wrote:

On 2006-06-27 11:40, Shigecki wrote:
My head hurts.

That makes two of us http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Make that three.

I have nothing against you DroolinBuddy but you done gave me a damn headache with that post.

Blue-Hawk
Jun 28, 2006, 12:59 AM
I think I lost about 25 points of IQ trying to decypher what he said. And the sad thing is, people DO try to use shorthand like that in real life now. Does it really take that much of an effort to take five more seconds to typer in proper english tna it does to type in gibberish?

And typing in shorthand all the time is quite harmful to others. It sends out a message that it's ok to use that all the time instead of coherent sentences.

See? That whole thing took me less time to spell out in proper english than it probably took you to type in engrish.

Oh, I can't WAIT untill Shuri get's ahold of this topic.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blue-Hawk on 2006-06-27 23:02 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blue-Hawk on 2006-06-27 23:03 ]</font>

KodiaX987
Jun 28, 2006, 05:22 AM
I won't say my mind. I'll get warnings if I do that.

Shadowpawn
Jun 28, 2006, 05:44 AM
I'm pretty sure you know how to spell and type correctly unless you have the IQ of a soap bar. You want advice: Type proper and corehently and then just maybe we might take you seriously. Otherwise you're just making yourself look and act a fool.

Nixia
Jun 28, 2006, 06:08 AM
It's crap like this that makes me fear for the future of English. And mankind. -.-;

Stan
Jun 28, 2006, 06:26 AM
It would be the same if I'd type everything in dutch(slang) (or german or french or latin or greek or limburgs or =p). would kill your brain too.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Stan on 2006-06-28 04:50 ]</font>

Charmander02
Jun 28, 2006, 09:31 AM
Just spell properly, it's not that hard.

Skorpius
Jun 28, 2006, 12:19 PM
As much as I dislike someone who attempts to defend their right to type incoherently, I think a lot of people who've posted in this topic need to rethink what they've said. There is absolutely no reason to attempt wit and try to be funny. No one

It's obvious DroolinBuddie doesn't quite understand that grammer, proper spelling, along with moderated punctuation will create a well written post. That, in turn, will grant you a level of respect from others, since your posts will generally cause others to assume who you are without actually attempting to get to know you on a personal level.

DroolinBuddie, would you like it if someone came up to you and started blabbering about, slurring their words and spitting all over as their words sloshed out of their mouth? That is probably the best analogy that explains why inproper typing is a nuisance. Sure, none of us are in school, but there is a reason why proper English is taught to us. If you cannot communicate properly, then you aren't communicating at all.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jun 28, 2006, 06:27 PM
Nobody is asking you to stop being original or yourself, we just abide by a standard for the most part to have things run more smoothly.

The standard greeting everyone gets from the mod Ketchup345 includes the point someone made earlier about English not being a first language, take a look at a random welcome:

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=114113&forum=10

But if you want to resist and be different, don't be surprised when you get "different" treatment for it.

Some people are going to be harsher to you about this than others. Be forewarned.

Nitro Vordex
Jun 28, 2006, 09:08 PM
On 2006-06-28 16:27, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:
Nobody is asking you to stop being original or yourself, we just abide by a standard for the most part to have things run more smoothly.

The standard greeting everyone gets from the mod Ketchup345 includes the point someone made earlier about English not being a first language, take a look at a random welcome:

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=114113&forum=10

But if you want to resist and be different, don't be surprised when you get "different" treatment for it.

Some people are going to be harsher to you about this than others. Be forewarned.

And ketchup is best served at room temperature-Ketchup345 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
Seriously though,I got told off by grumbly stuff for talking like that, so people will do that. You can see it in general, I think. Keep it straight foward and you won't get yelled at. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

InfinityXXX
Jun 29, 2006, 11:38 AM
Maybe its because hes still new here? I mean everyone do crazy things when their new. When I first joined(feels so long ago) I use to not space my paragraphs.(but that was also my first time being on a forum)

Daikarin
Jun 29, 2006, 12:04 PM
Can someone edit all that?

Joking.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Daikarin on 2006-06-29 16:53 ]</font>

EphekZ
Jun 29, 2006, 04:00 PM
On 2006-06-27 22:59, Blue-Hawk wrote:
I think I lost about 25 points of IQ trying to decypher what he said. And the sad thing is, people DO try to use shorthand like that in real life now. Does it really take that much of an effort to take five more seconds to typer in proper english tna it does to type in gibberish?

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Blue-Hawk
Jun 29, 2006, 08:31 PM
Ok, I admit I mispelled something there, too. And no one pointed that out to me?! >_<

Thanks for quoting that, Darkgunner.

PIT
Jun 30, 2006, 09:54 AM
seriously, i took a look at the post and thought to myself "uh-huh, not gonna try to uncode"

Daikarin
Jun 30, 2006, 10:33 AM
Ok, after reading some of the replies I'm starting to feel bad about my last post.

Telling someone to type following a standard is the internet version of asking a guy in real life to speak with a certain accent - You can give your thoughts about it but you can't just tell someone to talk how you want.

I find it ironic how some people are so open-minded to the new trends, new ways of life, and so close-minded on letting some people be themselves. This time, a guy is typing, and gets flamed about it. So what? It's not like he's talking in code language. There are letters, words and whole sentences there. Just not those you're used to, and maybe not those you'd want to see.

Your IQ dropped? Your head hurts? Get used to it. This is the internet - Not some English language grammar contest.

It's pretty easy to bash someone for either not having an English degree, nor WANTING to talk with the correct spelling, caps, and all that jazz. I don't like it when people talk noobish. But I hate it when people get elitist about it - But I'm not standing up to anyone here. Just defending a point of view.

Good thing that there ARE people willing to tell him "man don't 'tiep liek diz pls'!", without raising the "U SUK" flag.

By the way, I'm not standing up to anyone. Just defending a point of view - Those who think I'm doing the "cool aid act" can screw themselves.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Daikarin on 2006-06-30 08:39 ]</font>

isahn80
Jun 30, 2006, 02:57 PM
My eyes are hemorrhaging from reading that shit.

Okay, maybe that's a little harsh but seriously, I feel when somebody rapes English in that fashion it cheapens the language and makes people look unnecessarily stupid. Someone who posts that kind of crap may be a genius who could play Mozart when they were 5 but you'd never know it because they just won't spell worth a damn. In the online world, writing is the primary form of communication and people should be aware of how others percieve them, especially in a community setting. I'm not saying you need to be liked, just accepted is good enough (at least for me).

In other words, making yourself look like a moron is not a good way to make friends.
on 2006-06-30 13:04 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: isahn80 on 2006-07-01 16:19 ]</font>