PDA

View Full Version : Photon Blast?

tikigod13
Jun 27, 2006, 06:13 PM
Is there going to be something like Photon Blasts? I know thats beasts can turn into like a beast and robots get nano blast when they get like the huge guns. What about for humans and especialy Newmans (scince that is what i am being >.<)!

Pier
Jun 27, 2006, 06:17 PM
i heard somewhere that humans won't have special powers, but i dont know if that includes photonblasts or not...

Authenticate
Jun 27, 2006, 06:20 PM
Humans have the ability to clone Sephiroth and Cloud. Newmans have the ability to make all humanoid enemies oogle them, be they male or female. This is because the ears, for some reason even I don't understand, make them irresistable.

RedX
Jun 27, 2006, 09:27 PM
As for Humans and Newmans, we won't be adding any special abilities for these two races.

That is what Takao Miyoshi said in the interview.

TheGreyCliche
Jun 29, 2006, 07:37 PM
bummer! well, maybe they will get increased stats or something... it seems like a mistake make something so unbalanced.

GreyWolf360
Jun 30, 2006, 04:34 AM
On 2006-06-29 17:37, TheGreyCliche wrote:
bummer! well, maybe they will get increased stats or something... it seems like a mistake make something so unbalanced.

especially in humans..i mean we well have pretty balanced stats but wont shine in anything! humans are gonna need more than '+100 material power up-items' this time around seems like...especially with out our beloved photon blasts..ergh..sega u better have a great excuse for this mockary of your own effin race....

tank1
Jun 30, 2006, 06:11 AM
Humans strength is the fact they are jack of all trades. If you look at the LV1 base stats on average there is only a few points seperating a human from his Beat, Cast or Newman equivalent its not like theyve made humans total w**k you just have to be a bit smarter than "slash slash get hit slash"

Saner
Jun 30, 2006, 09:47 PM
Humans can do anything good and don't suck at anything.

That's their power.

and Newmans.......have ears that defy all logic. ya. very unique stuff. plus some class combos with them provide great challenges. so they are also great for those who seek more challenging setups. so ya their power is hardcoreness.

DarthTyranus
Jun 30, 2006, 09:54 PM
Well basically the Beasts and Androids happen to be the only races who will get PB-like abilities. A Beasts Nanoblast kinda acts like Mylla & Youlla, by boosting Attack and Defense. There's a small similarality with the Cast's SV Weaponry.

Some can attack straight in front of you like Estlla, while some fall from the sky, like Pilla. Truth be told, have the Beasts and Casts been given these specials because some of their Stats fail in comparrison to Humans and Newmans?

Saner
Jun 30, 2006, 09:58 PM
not really. Beasts and Casts can survive without those abilities. they are the best Hunters and Rangers.

but its just good they have those abilities cause that sets them more apart from Humans and Newmans.

Newmans are the best Forces and Humans are balanced.

you can do Cast Force and Newman Hunters, and no matter what there's no bad combination, people are free to play any combination they like.

GreyWolf360
Jun 30, 2006, 11:13 PM
On 2006-06-30 04:11, tank1 wrote:
Humans strength is the fact they are jack of all trades. If you look at the LV1 base stats on average there is only a few points seperating a human from his Beat, Cast or Newman equivalent its not like theyve made humans total w**k you just have to be a bit smarter than "slash slash get hit slash"

yea ive seen the lv 1 states guide..and yes they are "separated by a few points" or w/e, but we arnt concerned with Lv 1 characters..in the long run Newmen are gonna make extremly powerful Forces, Beasts will easily dominate the hunter class and Casts will be the most accurate and hold the strongest defence...IDEAL for Rangers...

and no..i ddnt want to say humans will be weak~ but without a known special ability and no PBs i really see humans to be the weakest of the races...but if humans get a boosted material power-up consumption like from PSO so they may BUILD a home among the classes then thatd be okay..but 'average' really isnt good enough for me not on this game atleast.

this concept actually worked on PSO, simply because Mars and Marls served as the intermediary rather than the "balanced characters" by being able to cast support magic dispite what class they currently utilize...

im sorry if i sound like this is the absolute dumbest decision ST has ever made~but when im playing as my 'self inspired human character i will definatly feel that feeling of aggrivation when beams from outer space is taking all the exp...

GreyWolf360
Jun 30, 2006, 11:25 PM
On 2006-06-30 19:47, Saner wrote:
Humans can do anything good and don't suck at anything.

That's their power.

and Newmans.......have ears that defy all logic. ya. very unique stuff. plus some class combos with them provide great challenges. so they are also great for those who seek more challenging setups. so ya their power is hardcoreness.

oh..well i guess i see your point with the newmen..ppl do enjoy difficulty...but if battle mode is being considered in a possible update then thoes 'challenged seekers' really will need to look else where..and lets not talk challenge mode...

but just a hunch...maybe if u get so good with a class u may carry weapz of that class to another class? so i may cast support magic even as a hunter?..thatd really be a good idea...or even simpler...classes other than force may useweapons that cast low level spells..possibly adding a onea thoes ores to a weapon allows the weapon to 'equipt' spells...i think its possible..

Saner
Jul 1, 2006, 12:40 AM
ya but then they wouldn't really be classes anymore, people would just end up being able to be 2 or more classes at once and then there would be less need for teamwork.

keeping the class weapons strict is a better way to keep more people unique and teams closer together.

GreyWolf360
Jul 1, 2006, 12:58 AM
oh..yea..i agree then..teamwork is fun~and it is good that there will be abundance of all classes..(exept rangers?)

tank1
Jul 1, 2006, 06:10 AM
yea ive seen the lv 1 states guide..and yes they are "separated by a few points" or w/e, but we arnt concerned with Lv 1 characters..in the long run Newmen are gonna make extremly powerful Forces, Beasts will easily dominate the hunter class and Casts will be the most accurate and hold the strongest defence...IDEAL for Rangers...

Ultimately we arent gonna know for sure until the game comes out. Just because you got a few extra attack points etc here and there dosent make your char tough your skill comes into play aswell.

GreyWolf360
Jul 25, 2006, 11:19 PM
On 2006-07-01 04:10, tank1 wrote:

Ultimately we arent gonna know for sure until the game comes out. Just because you got a few extra attack points etc here and there dosent make your char tough your skill comes into play aswell.

sigh~~ well i suppose...patience..

Zinsian
Jul 26, 2006, 11:04 AM
i want an explosion......no joke i want an explosion.... all the PSO games had never really had good explosions... lol i know its stupid but i want a special move or something with a huge explosion that just makes everyone look at your person like "" what the f*** just happened??!!?!?!!1111??11!!!??? ""

mechatra
Jul 26, 2006, 12:51 PM
^

Dark flow?

Heavens Punisher?

Tsumukiri J?

Those hacked up specials not enough for you?

tank1
Jul 26, 2006, 01:40 PM
Or the big Blast that Dark Falz makes in the intro cut scene.

Zinsian
Jul 28, 2006, 04:22 AM
you dont understand......i want BIG explosions...not some random flash followed by smoke and fake electricity... ^o^ !!!!

mechatra
Jul 28, 2006, 05:36 AM
WTF do you call Olga flows blast attacks then?^

Zinsian
Jul 28, 2006, 05:49 AM
ok fine you got me there...but c'mon new game better graphics.. only one solution.. LARGER and MORE DETAILED!!!!!! w00t!! plus they should have atleast put better detail into the sound...ill have my sound system blasting the game and keep the neighbors awake..

Chiba-kun
Jul 28, 2006, 06:16 AM
I think the point of the classes/races seems to have been missed here....

Newman = Force
Cast = Ranger
Beast = Hunter

Very obvious, as stated before, but that doesnt mean humans are weak, infact, humans are finally taking on the roll they were "susposed" to in pso. They are the middle ground, making up for where each class is lacking. A newman, sure is the strongest with the force young padawans (cheap joke i know) but would be quite lacking in the defense/offense department. Humans would fill that gap by being weaker in the force, but stronger in the physical area. So when you make a FO, you decide whether you want to be more physical or more into using force abilities.

Same goes for beast on the opposite end of the spectrum, the beast is stronger physically, but weaker mentally, humans flip that around, being weaker than a beast physically, but alot smarter.

It all just comes down to how you want to play.

Jife_Jifremok
Jul 29, 2006, 04:09 AM
On 2006-07-28 02:22, Zinsian wrote:
you dont understand......i want BIG explosions...not some random flash followed by smoke and fake electricity... ^o^ !!!!

Let's hope the Rangers get some rocket launchers, and that Casts get SUV Rockets or something like the BurstRocket parts and Positron Bolt parts from PSIV. I wouldn't count on it though. -_-

Kers
Jul 29, 2006, 04:28 AM
On 2006-07-29 02:09, Jife_Jifremok wrote:

Let's hope the Rangers get some rocket launchers, and that Casts get SUV Rockets or something like the BurstRocket parts and Positron Bolt parts from PSIV. I wouldn't count on it though. -_-

hmm, Many PSO weapons are present in PSU, maybe Launchers will also be in PSU. There is a Cast SUV rocket/missile, but I don't know it's status effect.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/psu/guides/characters/specialties/suv-6.jpg