PDA

View Full Version : Just an Idea I had...

DizzyDi
Jun 27, 2006, 07:10 PM
This probably won't be implemented into the final game or anything but I was just thinking.
Wouldn't it be cool if every class had thier own super special ability?
I mean, I know FOs get techs, HUs get PAs, and RAs get special bullets, but I mean like a super-duper everyonce-in-a-while ability. Something like 2hrs from FFXI or Overdrives or something.
Like HUs could go into some sorta beserk mode or something like that. Which could even be combined with the Beasts animal mode for even more damage, which would encourage more beasts to go the way of HU, seeing as how thats what they're made for.
Thoughts?

Ether
Jun 27, 2006, 07:28 PM
That sounds exactly like SUV Weapons and Nanoblasts

RedX
Jun 27, 2006, 07:56 PM
I think that is what he is getting at but only for classes not races. Personally I think it is a good idea.

Saner
Jun 27, 2006, 08:37 PM
it would make things overpowered and too easy.

I mean PSU people can already freely destroy legions of monsters by themselves, what more do you want?

the reason why those other games have 2 HRs and stuff is cause no matter what your character is so weak and pathetic in those games that they need some emergency skill to save them on some occassions. besides those games have poor battle systems too.

but anyways as for Overdrive super attacks, Nanoblasts and SUVs fit the description.

as for classes, the Photon Arts are used by hunters and they are even better than 2 HRs because you can use them as much as you want as long as you have Photon Points. plus there are different types of Photon Arts you can equip an they really are special attacks since they have their own special names and stuff.

rangers have the special bullets, some cause status effects.

and Forces have powerful techniques. so you can treat the best attack spells as 'super attacks' and stuff like that.

UltimateCarl
Jun 27, 2006, 08:37 PM
I kinda' like it, but on the other hand, I don't. It would be another thing to push PSU closer to normal MMORPGs, which it's not. I always liked PSO because it was so different. I mean, really, it wasn't an MMORPG at all, but you know what I mean. But, yeah, it could slow down the fast gameplay PSO is known for. Think about it, before you go to bosses your whole party would sit around waiting for their "nukes" to regen, like waiting for Mage and Bard nukes to come back before a raid on Everquest or something... *Shudder*

But if they can implement it right, I wouldn't be against it. Maybe it slowly charges as you attack/take damage like Photon Blasts in PSO? Then when you use it, say Hunters have unlimited combos, Rangers have unlimited PP, and Forces... I dunno, get wider range/faster casting? Eh, who knows.

Pure-chan
Jun 28, 2006, 12:51 PM
On 2006-06-27 17:10, DizzyDi wrote:
This probably won't be implemented into the final game or anything but I was just thinking.
Wouldn't it be cool if every class had thier own super special ability?
I mean, I know FOs get techs, HUs get PAs, and RAs get special bullets, but I mean like a super-duper everyonce-in-a-while ability. Something like 2hrs from FFXI or Overdrives or something.
Like HUs could go into some sorta beserk mode or something like that. Which could even be combined with the Beasts animal mode for even more damage, which would encourage more beasts to go the way of HU, seeing as how thats what they're made for.
Thoughts?

As a force, holding onto PB for mag blasts combos was not my favorite part of the game (since it would reduce your action bar to a total of 3 button commands for debuffing and damaging enemies as well as healing party members). Accordingly; I'm divded on time based attacks since it does sort of provide an incentive for sitting around and waiting before moving on to a boss.

On the other hand, a time-based special attack like Divine Punishment was fair* imo, since it was only on half of the time and didn't do impossibly obscene damage.

After seeing video of beasts attacking enemies on PSU, it seems like Nanoblast mode should suffice. However; if you are still hoping for ultra-powerful time based specials, I would say that your best bet is to hope that ST decides to implement another rare weapon like the HP.

*note: fair is entirely dependant on the Heaven's Punisher being legitimate.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pure-chan on 2006-06-28 11:37 ]</font>