turtle323
Jun 28, 2006, 02:38 PM
plz go away cheaters

turtle323
Jun 28, 2006, 02:39 PM
because in past pso with in a month the game has been duped up

Kano-Okami
Jun 28, 2006, 02:42 PM
Tighter security+Server_Side_Saving=Not very likely.
But really,
Sega's taken this into dire consideration while developing this game.
Hell, you can't even play this game on the pc offline without an online connection to make sure you aren't changing the game's data.
Eventually, there will probably be some offline codes or likewhat, but as far as online, I really doubt it.
Although glitches, thats another story.
If I found an interesting glitch, I can't say I'd turn a blind eye
>_>;

Kers
Jun 28, 2006, 02:42 PM
No, because we have a sacrifice *points to turtle323*.

ShadowDragon28
Jun 28, 2006, 02:56 PM
I wonder if that's because ST is using somthing similar to Game Guard for PSU?

I certainly hope security on PSU is far tighter, as instant Level 100 (or 200?) characters with hacked and duped perfect 8-12 star weapons being "traded" like cheap two-cent baseball cards will only drive away many players of PSU.

I mean, what's the *motivation* to play PSU if a character can be intantly leveled to lvl 100 or 200, get a perfect, hacked and dupe weapon for free. Showing off? Loitering around online? Acting like a jerk with chat bubble and cut-n-chat cause he/she is "bored" with playing the game (cause their overtly and excessive cheating/hackin pretty much "ruined" the gameplaying experience of PSU) People can either chose to play the game the way it is meant to or not; only they can ruin it for themselves.

Cheating removes most the challeges of the game, and dismantles most aspects of gameplay down to only killing monsters. For what? for nothing? for just the heck of it? that would get boring pretty quick I think.

It's when the cheaters (like dupers/item hackers) decide to "give way" copies of their hacked items and 'super" weapon, or behave like immature jerks (using FSOD, BSOD methods,etc.) that things start going dowhill and can affect the overal game community. I.E. decimating the number of online players where only the "cheaters" remain, and most of the honest players no longer play online at all... kind like PSO on the GC http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

I pray this does *not* happen with PSU... *crosses fingers*. I mean people don't pay $10 a month just to play a game filled with "free" worthless duplicated and hacked stuff, or experience server crashes, etc.... IMO.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShadowDragon28 on 2006-06-28 13:03 ]</font>

DraginHikari
Jun 28, 2006, 03:35 PM
When ti comes to online games cheating/hacking is unavoidable... mostly how it will effect the game depends on how Sega handles it when it shows up.

Kano-Okami
Jun 28, 2006, 03:46 PM
Which has been considerably poor. Although thats because it was the resourcefulness of the hackers. Back then, when sega found a hacker, they banned them, although he/she could simply spawn a random ID number and get right back online. With Server-Side saving, that makes it considerably harder to do.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kano-Okami on 2006-06-28 14:06 ]</font>

ajenteks
Jun 28, 2006, 03:50 PM
On 2006-06-28 13:46, Kano-Okami wrote:
Which has been considerably poor. Although thats because it was the resourcefulness of the hackers. Back then, when sega found a hacker, they banned him, although he/she could simply spawn a random ID number and get right back online. With Server-Side saving, that makes it considerably harder to do.

Were the hackers really that resourceful though, or did Sonic Team just not care?

Pure-chan
Jun 28, 2006, 03:51 PM
On 2006-06-28 12:56, ShadowDragon28 wrote:

I mean, what's the *motivation* to play PSU if a character can be intantly leveled to lvl 100 or 200, get a perfect, hacked and dupe weapon for free.

While we know that no game is 100% hack and cheat-proof; I think that the way ST chooses to handle security problems will dictate whether PSU will be successful or not.

Without trying to sound too starry-eyed, it does sound like ST has taken the onus for protecting legitimate players much more seriously this time around. Aside from requiring a permanent internet connection on the PC to monitor on and offline activity - simple options like finally having the ability to kick people out of your party at any time should help to cut back on the level of disruption caused by non-legit members, trolls and other forms of jackassery.

After living through DC, I was concerned about the level of protection that would be provided on ep. 1 and 2. By comparison, I'm not nearly as worried about the potential of hacking, duping, etc. on PSU, since at least now ST should have the system and the tools in place to do something about it.

I'm aware that this is wishful thinking - but since it costs money to make and test patches, roll back servers and hire staff to act as moderators; can anyone think of a specific legal clause that would prevent ST from wording the ToS in such a way that players must agree to be subjected to the potential of fines if found to be in severe violation of the community standards? I swear... if something like that were in place on a game that I enjoyed, I don't know if I'd ever leave. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pure-chan on 2006-06-28 13:53 ]</font>

Alielle
Jun 28, 2006, 04:08 PM
Considering the way PSOBB is run these days, and given ST's pledge to learn from their mistakes, I'd be surprised to see any blatant hacking. Of course it's going to happen, but keeping it under control is the big question.

(yawn)

ajenteks
Jun 28, 2006, 04:12 PM
On 2006-06-28 14:08, Alielle wrote:

Of course it's going to happen, but keeping it under control is the big question.

That probably depends on if any managers need new cars or not.

Alielle
Jun 28, 2006, 04:13 PM
I hear Yuji Naka bought a new sports car...

ajenteks
Jun 28, 2006, 04:18 PM
On 2006-06-28 14:13, Alielle wrote:
I hear Yuji Naka bought a new sports car...

Ahhh... so we can see a crackdown after he puts some miles on that one, probably in PSU v2 or PSU Episode I&II... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

ShadowDragon28
Jun 28, 2006, 04:26 PM
FYI, Yuji Naka has "left" Sega, and formed his own game developer company, he's no longer a part of Sonic Team, other Sega & Sonic Team members are handling maintenece et. all of the PSU game servers....

If lot's of hacked items, hacked weapons, along with lot's of rude and obnoxious players going from level 1 to 100 in a day or less start showing up; I'm cancelling my Hunter's License and sticking to offline play.

I am feed up and tired of all that BS from DC PSO on up to PSO on the GC.... >:|

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShadowDragon28 on 2006-06-28 14:28 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShadowDragon28 on 2006-06-28 14:30 ]</font>

Alisha
Jun 28, 2006, 04:31 PM
please slit your wrists now and stop making stupid topics...

Sevenfold
Jun 28, 2006, 04:31 PM
Duping and hacking, for the most part...SHOULD be a thing of the past when it comes to MMOs. Especially in Phantasy Star's case. When PSO was first released on DC, speaking from experience, SEGA was so not ready for it. Why it never dawned on them that 15 year old kids with A.D.D wouldnt just leave the game be, is beyond me.

This day and age though, taking from games like WoW, CoV, CoH, EQII, etc etc...cheating is there, but its very very small in comparison to what PSO first was. I can agree with earlier comments though, PSO was ruined within weeks from cheating and duping, I pray they have learned, and I pray I can enjoy the game that stole my heart 5+ years ago.

Alielle
Jun 28, 2006, 04:33 PM
On 2006-06-28 14:26, ShadowDragon28 wrote:
FYI, Yuji Naka has "left" Sega, and formed his own game developer company, he's no longer a part of Sonic Team, other Sega & Sonic Team members are handling maintenece et. all of the PSU game servers....

o rly Thanks for the ancient news http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Sometimes I think we have more to worry about than just hackers.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alielle on 2006-06-28 14:34 ]</font>

ajenteks
Jun 28, 2006, 04:37 PM
On 2006-06-28 14:33, Alielle wrote:

Sometimes I think we have more to worry about than just hackers.

Yeah, like catgirl RPers http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Sevenfold
Jun 28, 2006, 04:45 PM
LOL @ ajenteks

ShadowDragon28
Jun 28, 2006, 04:58 PM
Common now. Catgirls rock, and so do catgirl RP's... especially if their cute http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

ANIMEniac
Jun 28, 2006, 04:58 PM
On 2006-06-28 14:31, Alisha wrote:

wow some1 had an unhappy childhood. with that comment u almost landed yourself in the "jerk" category.

but yea, back on topic and to reiterate, new and revamped gameplay system, perminant onlineness, and new safety measures are definately plusses for the good guys ^_^.

note: sorry for any horrid spelling mistakes -_-

DraginHikari
Jun 29, 2006, 05:43 AM
If you look back some, the hacking and such on verisons did improve somewhat...

I never played DC but hears what I heard, when GCN came around they made some improved by elimating some issues like the Pking and Noling. Though there was still alot of problems with FSOD and dupes. In PSOBB FSOD isn't really possible anymore... and server-side erased double saving and corrupation (Which was more due to the flaws of client saving) as well as the client side hacking which influnced that so much. Regardless of hte little attentino PSOBB has recieved there still has been patches and problems that have been fixed and even alot of the dupe and item losses issues from before have come down to a bare mininium.

I hope to believe that they are a least learning some from past mistakes and also from observating situations with competition which is very important when it comes to online game production

Mwabwetumba
Jun 29, 2006, 05:56 AM
If people actually start to hack and whatnot, I will personally track them down and poke them repeadeately(sp?) with a long, sharp, bladed weapon.

Sevenfold
Jun 29, 2006, 08:41 AM
On 2006-06-29 03:43, DraginHikari wrote:
If you look back some, the hacking and such on verisons did improve somewhat...

I never played DC but hears what I heard, when GCN came around they made some improved by elimating some issues like the Pking and Noling. Though there was still alot of problems with FSOD and dupes. In PSOBB FSOD isn't really possible anymore... and server-side erased double saving and corrupation (Which was more due to the flaws of client saving) as well as the client side hacking which influnced that so much. Regardless of hte little attentino PSOBB has recieved there still has been patches and problems that have been fixed and even alot of the dupe and item losses issues from before have come down to a bare mininium.

I hope to believe that they are a least learning some from past mistakes and also from observating situations with competition which is very important when it comes to online game production

Since I never played past the DC versions I cant argue that but, man o man do I hope you are right. Honestly, its truely bad business having a game like that, wide open with such flaws. Especially when the majority of players, generally speaking, are honest.

F-o-x
Jun 29, 2006, 09:24 AM
... can anyone think of a specific legal clause that would prevent ST from wording the ToS in such a way that players must agree to be subjected to the potential of fines if found to be in severe violation of the community standards?

That is exactly what I've been saying since DC version 2. What is stopping ST from slapping cheaters with huge fines? They can put whatever they want into thier ToS right?

turtle323
Jun 29, 2006, 09:59 AM
That is exactly what I've been saying since DC version 2. What is stopping ST from slapping cheaters with huge fines? They can put whatever they want into thier ToS right?

i agree

Kyuu
Jun 29, 2006, 12:01 PM

That would never work. All someone would have to do is call their credit card company and tell them to stop the payment, and there's no chance Sega would pursue legal action to collect the money. Firstly, the legal costs would far outstrip whatever charge they would be trying to get. Secondly, "shrinkwrap" agreements like the Terms of Service agreements in games rarely hold up well in court (and rightly so, in my opinion).

Basically, trying to do such a thing would just be a waste of time.

Pure-chan
Jun 29, 2006, 03:34 PM
On 2006-06-29 10:01, Kyuu wrote:

That would never work. All someone would have to do is call their credit card company and tell them to stop the payment, and there's no chance Sega would pursue legal action to collect the money. Firstly, the legal costs would far outstrip whatever charge they would be trying to get. Secondly, "shrinkwrap" agreements like the Terms of Service agreements in games rarely hold up well in court (and rightly so, in my opinion).

Basically, trying to do such a thing would just be a waste of time.

Sort of.

On the front end, stopping a payment may seem as easy as just telling your bank to refuse a bill. However, the back end tends to be more involved. Basically, when requesting a stop-payment, the bank notifies a companies merchant services that a bill is in dispute. Generally, card holders claim fraud, as it is typically harder to disprove.

From there, the billing company has the option to comply with the bank, issuing a credit - or proceed with the dispute process. Should the company choose to dispute the cardholder's claims, the bank will then provide a form through which the billing company will state their case. Any costs or fines that were previously agreed upon by the cardholder in a ToU contract would be outlined here.

From there, the steps breaks down like this:

1) The Billing company will receive a Pending chargeback - basically the notice of potential chargeback before it has posted to an account.

Companies will fight these, unless it is clearly a case of fraud, or some other mistake that could be attributed to said company. Documents including the ToU contract, as well as any recorded damages (hypothetically - x hours put in by ST's IT Dept. etc.) are then sent to the merchant to review.

2) If the cardholder's bank does not agree with the initial fight, they will officially issue a chargeback. At this point the billing company has another chance to fight it, if it's worth fighting for.

3) From here it boils down to a "Final Issue" decree. Essentially, the merchant either denies final fight and keeps the charge or concedes, issuing a credit back to the billing company.

With the exception of one major credit card company, most of the merchants that handle online purchases are fairly receptive of disputes, provided that the company in question is in good standing with consumer groups such as the BBB, the Atty General for their respective state, and federal organizations charged with regulating commerce online, such as the FTC.

A key point to keep in mind is that banks (for the most part) try to balance out 'the customer always being right' without starting up world war three with retailers. During a chargeback dispute, banks ususally encourage customers and vendors to reach a middle ground. If an equitable resolution is offered by the billing company - but refused by the cardholder - often times the bank will refuse to pursue the chargeback further.

Another idea (although admittedly more far-fetched) would be to issue fines in some manner other than through a player's credit card. Your billing information is verified when making a purchase online. As such; would it be possible to simply send a bill to a customer as a result of the ToS agreement and to punt it into collections, (should they decide to ignore it)? This puts the onus on the customer to hire legal aide, not ST, who already has a legal team. The reality is that while lots of people talk about hiring lawyers, $300 hourly rates tend to act as a solid deterrent. Especially when your case hinges not only on convincing a judge that the contract that you agreed to was unlawful, but also that you are not in violation of intellectual property law, guilty of vandalism, etc.

Lastly, what would prevent a company from stacking the fine onto a cardholder's account, like a public library or video store? Essentially, ST would levy a fine of X amount against your account, freezing your membership until the fine was cleared. By keeping track of account information, IP info, etc., you could force players into one of two choices in order to rejoin - a) pay the fine or b) lose your characters and rejoin the service using a different card (and possibly even a different PC). While it's not fool-proof, with consumers only having a finite amount of cards (and computers) it would definitely be an inconvenience. This may actually prove to be the most viable solution, since instead of losing a customer by banning them, you're actually making more money off of people that want to be pests. It eliminates the risk of chargebacks, and there's nothing to go to court over, since paying the fine is voluntary. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

BTW, as far as 'Terms of Service agreements in games rarely holding up well in court', can you refresh my memory on some examples of Game ToS'es making it into court? I'm sure they're out there, but I can't think of any off the top of my head. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

(oh - and sorry for the ginormous post, I just can't see any reason for companies to be held hostage by a few idiot subscribers when they've invested millions into an idea)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pure-chan on 2006-06-29 13:42 ]</font>

Saner
Jun 29, 2006, 04:31 PM
people who leave because of cheaters are kind of just as pathetic. but their loss really. cheaters never stopped me from having fun in DC PSO.

banning anyone, even cheaters, is something a company would never want to do, since even cheaters pay a monthly fee and so they are cutting off a portion of the money they take in by kicking out people like that.

I think that's one reason why Sonic Team rarely takes action on these things unless there is something they can done with the server to fix the 'damage' they've done, so that would steal the power away from cheaters and they wouldn't have to ban them,

so it would be a win-win situation cause cheaters are less likely to stop playing because they can't cheat, than people who leave because they see cheaters online. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

PanyoPanyo
Jun 29, 2006, 06:37 PM
I really really doubt sega will allow what they did with PSO to continue in PSU. IMO Sega was just doing a test of a ORPG (PSO) and now they are making a MMORPG with increased Secruity and / or better protection against hacking and cheating.

One thing is for sure though if you type Phantasy Star Universe in google you going to get an advertisement that says
BUY PSU MESTA! LOW LOW PRICES

Unavoidable in a MMO sadly D:
well we havta wait for what time will tell http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

Alisha
Jun 29, 2006, 08:09 PM
On 2006-06-28 14:58, ANIMEniac wrote:

On 2006-06-28 14:31, Alisha wrote:

wow some1 had an unhappy childhood. with that comment u almost landed yourself in the "jerk" category.

but yea, back on topic and to reiterate, new and revamped gameplay system, perminant onlineness, and new safety measures are definately plusses for the good guys ^_^.

note: sorry for any horrid spelling mistakes -_-

.....ive been annoyed by a select fews stupid topics for some time now. especially when they can get answers by looking in th stickys topic,and im starting to think im about 10 years older than the average poster here.

Kyuu
Jun 29, 2006, 08:14 PM
On 2006-06-29 18:09, Alisha wrote:

im starting to think im about 10 years older than the average poster here.

So, by my estimate, you're in your early 30's? Stupidity does not confine itself to those under 20.

Alisha
Jun 29, 2006, 09:45 PM
actually im 26

Ryudo
Jun 29, 2006, 11:17 PM
When PSO came it it was way ahead of its time and more or less a first, an online RPG on a hme console, whatever security problems came along with that really shouldnt be a big reflection on PSU

I think the most important questions are:

Will there be GMs?

and Will the GMs do a good job?

isahn80
Jul 1, 2006, 11:33 AM
My take on PSU cheating is that it's going to happen in some form, whether through a glitch exploit or just from hacking. What is of utmost importance is how quickly the problem is resolved, and how minimum the abuse potential could be. If only 5% of the online population can pull of cheats, than I say great (as long as those 5% aren't duping items for everyone else, of course).

Eternal255
Jul 1, 2006, 01:35 PM
If you have played any other MMO that has server side characters, then there shouldnt be many cheaters in the game as long as they fix all possible glitches, bugs, and such.

All you'll have to worry about is hacks, because, there WILL be hacks. However, hopefully, they do the same thing that Blizzard has done in world of warcraft, where they have programs runing with the game as you play it which search your computer for third party programs, like hacks, mods, etc. and they get the persons account info and usually ban the account. (And yes, they do, and probably would ban accounts in PSU as well, trust me it has happened to a friend of mine in WoW, and the only hack he used was a teleport hack).

If any of you play world of warcraft you'll know that aside from gold farmers, the game isnt screwed up at all. So they might do something similar.

Only thing that may be a problem is people using gamesharks/AR for ps2, but maybe they'll figure something out for it

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eternal255 on 2006-07-01 11:50 ]</font>

IrishSoldier
Jul 1, 2006, 02:49 PM
IMO, cheating in an online game is inevitable. Hackers will always find their way thru something. I am a vet from the DC days. I remember clearly how bad it got. Hell, I remember always having to run to the bank in fear that one of your party members would FSOD and you'd lose all your invetory.

Cheating is inevitable, it's just a matter of HOW bad it gets. I wont mind if the game has some cheating, but if it's at all like it was for PSO DC, I can only speak for myself, but I'm outta there. It almost forces you yourself. Forget dueling, because you'll be owned by all the cheaters. And forget the excitement of finding rares, everyone else will fine them, etc. Garbage like that.

Atradaitoshi
Jul 2, 2006, 04:08 AM
The ONE THING that will make it almost completely hack proof is the fact that you can't take your offline character... online. You will have your offline characters and your online characters. The way that most of the hackers found all their tricks and glitches is because they could f*** around with their characters offline, completely unchained to do whatever they damn well please to the game, and once they perfected it... "DUR!! Let's go online now!" Plus, storing all character info server-side is practically damn impossible to hack. That's how it's run on most MMO's nowadays and honestly, I've never heard of anyone that could cheat/hack a current day MMO and have it make such an influence on somebody's playing experience that it would make them quit.

Sev
Jul 2, 2006, 06:16 AM
When hackers get annoying, that's a time when the communitty should get together and take a damn stand instead of whining. How about designating ships to play legit... It's really not that big of a deal if you put a small amount of work into it. Or just play with people you know aren't gonna cheat the whole way through around you.

You can quit the game. And then you'll just do exactly what those people trying to ruin the game wanted you to do.

Kyuu
Jul 2, 2006, 12:40 PM
On 2006-07-01 11:35, Eternal255 wrote:
However, hopefully, they do the same thing that Blizzard has done in world of warcraft, where they have programs runing with the game as you play it which search your computer for third party programs, like hacks, mods, etc.
I'm not sure where you came up with this, but there is no program that runs along with Blizzard which scans your computer for anything. Firstly, they'd have to put it in the ToS and make you agree for them to do that, and to my recollection I can recall no mention of such a thing in the WoW ToS. Secondly, they tried to do that exact sort of thing with EQ at one point, and when people saw that the ToS was asking them to agree to have a program scan their harddrive, there was a big fuss and the EQ people pretty quickly backtracked and got rid of the program.

Anything scanning your harddrive without your express consent would be illegal, and many people, quite rightly, do not want to give anyone the ability to do such a thing.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-07-02 10:40 ]</font>

Sevenfold
Jul 2, 2006, 12:51 PM
On 2006-07-02 04:16, Sev wrote:
When hackers get annoying, that's a time when the communitty should get together and take a damn stand instead of whining. How about designating ships to play legit... It's really not that big of a deal if you put a small amount of work into it. Or just play with people you know aren't gonna cheat the whole way through around you.

You can quit the game. And then you'll just do exactly what those people trying to ruin the game wanted you to do.

Well maybe you didnt do enough digging in PSO, but, myself, and many others followed that same logic. Im sure other legit players out there remember our group called "Legit PSO".

A legit group of people who all had a particular passowrd for all our games, which made playing PSO fun again. Although, I REALLY hope we do not have to make another one. Being able to join any random game should be free of worry, 24-7.

Chaos_Knight
Jul 2, 2006, 01:08 PM
From my experience the most elite hackers usually find a way to cheat in any game. Problems usually only occur when these cheats become more readily available to a larger group of people.

Saner
Jul 2, 2006, 01:10 PM
ya but life is not always like that.

instead of running away, people should just adapt and play with who they trust, etc. etc. and have fun. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/burger.gif

Eeyore
Jul 2, 2006, 02:07 PM
I'm not sure where you came up with this, but there is no program that runs along with Blizzard which scans your computer for anything. Firstly, they'd have to put it in the ToS and make you agree for them to do that, and to my recollection I can recall no mention of such a thing in the WoW ToS. Secondly, they tried to do that exact sort of thing with EQ at one point, and when people saw that the ToS was asking them to agree to have a program scan their harddrive, there was a big fuss and the EQ people pretty quickly backtracked and got rid of the program.

Anything scanning your harddrive without your express consent would be illegal, and many people, quite rightly, do not want to give anyone the ability to do such a thing.

Actually it is true. Blizzard has a program (Warden) that scans for cheat programs while WoW is running, and it is even terms of use.
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/legal/termsofuse.html - look at section 13.A

Spellbinder
Jul 2, 2006, 02:13 PM
They were even nice enough to make it in all Caps so you would notice it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Kyuu
Jul 2, 2006, 07:26 PM
On 2006-07-02 12:07, Eeyore wrote:

Actually it is true. Blizzard has a program (Warden) that scans for cheat programs while WoW is running, and it is even terms of use.
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/legal/termsofuse.html - look at section 13.A

Ah well, that doesn't scan your harddrive at all, it merely monitors your memory and cpu processes for any programs that might be attempting to "hack" WoW. That's a bit different than a program that scans your harddrive looking for things.

Saner
Jul 2, 2006, 08:26 PM
On 2006-06-29 21:17, Ryudo wrote:
When PSO came it it was way ahead of its time and more or less a first, an online RPG on a hme console, whatever security problems came along with that really shouldnt be a big reflection on PSU

I think the most important questions are:

Will there be GMs?

and Will the GMs do a good job?

game masters sounds pretty far fetched.

Spellbinder
Jul 2, 2006, 09:15 PM
Let's look back to how PSO:BB was promised Game Masters. I'm pretty sure the entire community as a whole could count on someones hand how many times they've actually come about.

ajenteks
Jul 2, 2006, 09:42 PM
On 2006-07-02 19:15, Spellbinder wrote:
Let's look back to how PSO:BB was promised Game Masters. I'm pretty sure the entire community as a whole could count on someones hand how many times they've actually come about.

Hey now, I know they've come (http://irclumsy.ytmnd.com/) around at least once.

Sevenfold
Jul 2, 2006, 10:47 PM
On 2006-07-02 19:42, ajenteks wrote:

On 2006-07-02 19:15, Spellbinder wrote:

Hey now, I know they've come (http://irclumsy.ytmnd.com/) around at least once.

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!

Zinsian
Jul 3, 2006, 03:52 AM
LoL
Im guessing probably they will place a unique ID on everybody. Down to their personal info will match their ID (if thats possible) Im guessing from that where you make your account, you will have to register your own personal info and matching email, give everyone a subscription number. And place somewhere in the Licsense Agreement that subscriptions are limited to 1 for each person. Microsoft sued some idiots for breaking the Xbox LIVE "HALO 2" EULAs. Why cant ST do the same.

Leveling, rare drops, and getting ahead in the game has been reduced severly to actual place a realistic feel to the game. (walking into a room with 5 other LvL 100's LOL not gonna happen anymore, your gonna have to actually take a day off if you wanna level DAM!!!).

With the 360 though, Microsoft will place extra security for the game. Atleast thats what I heard.

AceMac
Jul 6, 2006, 04:00 AM
I dream that, some how, no one will want to cheat.

DikkyRay
Jul 6, 2006, 05:45 PM
Lets pray to god that Optimus Prime doesnt come on psu

turtle323
Jul 6, 2006, 05:56 PM
Its all the matter if people allow hacks and use them and not report people. I am guessing 50% of the psu population will use hacks and will quit after about a year.