http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_chuck-ball.gif

Stan
Jun 28, 2006, 02:51 PM
as i said.. wait, I'll won't say that here <_<

ajenteks
Jun 28, 2006, 02:54 PM
On 2006-06-28 12:45, turtle323 wrote:
in past pso pepes give free stuff and every thing gets out of hand lol

Hopefully the economy will be set up so that people aren't sitting on piles of useless money. Somehow, I doubt it though.

cp99
Jun 28, 2006, 03:08 PM
With meseta limits at 999,999,999 as well as changes in other things including shops, The economy of the game is going to be much much better than it was in PSO.

ShadowDragon28
Jun 28, 2006, 03:34 PM
This did not have to be a whole new topic....

physic
Jun 28, 2006, 04:34 PM
free stuff only messed up the economy because of duping. In a real economy if you give out free stuff it doesnt effect it, because its as hard to get as it is supposed tobe to get, whatever it is.

Authenticate
Jun 28, 2006, 04:39 PM
giv free plz lol

ShadowDragon28
Jun 28, 2006, 04:42 PM
IMO, Giving a very rare weapon that a player took several honestly earned materials and several tries to Synthesize, makes it more "valuable" and thus a significant gift when given to a friend
in-game.

If there are crud-loads of Dupes of a weapon or item nearly identical to one a player made legitamently; it makes the weapon/item gift being given have a major factor of "oh, wow, wooppity-do, it's a *insert weapon name here* i've already have 20 of these.... "

That would make gift giving in PSU meaningless if that happened unfortunately. It would also lend to making actual trading a "broken" system as well. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShadowDragon28 on 2006-06-28 14:45 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShadowDragon28 on 2006-06-28 14:47 ]</font>

JAR
Jun 28, 2006, 04:45 PM

Sorry man but I believe in giving weapons and armor to lower lvls who can use them, no dupes of course!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JAR on 2006-06-28 15:32 ]</font>

ajenteks
Jun 28, 2006, 04:50 PM
On 2006-06-28 14:34, physic wrote:
free stuff only messed up the economy because of duping. In a real economy if you give out free stuff it doesnt effect it, because its as hard to get as it is supposed tobe to get, whatever it is.

Nobody would accept meseta for any rares regardless of their legitimacy. Meseta in PSO was really only useful for four things in the long run: Character upkeep, keeping a FO's TP bar full, the changing room in EPI&II, and charge weapons. PSOBB's team point system is a pretty blatant indicator of how worthless meseta really is - you sink crap rares instead of selling them to noobs for cheap.

Once your bank is full of meseta, you can either drop meseta off in games you make yourself and then leave (a personal favorite tactic of mine) or give it to people in open games or alts.

This creates massive inflation as there's nowhere the money can really go to be taken out of the economy; no money sinks. The room decorations and character accessories in PSU may fix this a little bit, but only for so long.

ShadowDragon28
Jun 28, 2006, 04:51 PM
Usefull "hand-me-downs" are cool. I liked giving "hand-me-down" items/armor/weapons I no longer needed, to low-level new players that were friendly and didn't act or "talk" like jerks or act "brain-damaged."

xMutex
Jun 28, 2006, 06:51 PM
People wont be giving off free stuff just to beggers now from free floating money they will have there rooms and stuff to decorate and much more new stuff to blow there money on that begger http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

TheGreyCliche
Jun 28, 2006, 08:35 PM
Like people have been saying, give-aways are great. just not with duping. i remember my very first time playing online (i had been playing offline for a while), i joined a room and someone gave me a piece of 3 slotted armor, i thought it was the coolest thing ever. so, because one kind act deserves another, i would do my best to help new players along as well. because if nobody is to help one another, then why is it an online game?

SirenV
Jun 28, 2006, 09:12 PM
Yes, helping out like that is very nice. I would always do it for those who needed it if I had it (Although I never gave stuff away really to people who begged, becuase they'll take ANYTHING, even if they don't need it, they just want STUFF.)

One of the most annoying things, though, is having someone come into a game and just say "RAREZ PLZ" "PLZ GIV REAR I NED" , and say "LoL" to anything you say like they have any clue what's going on.

I implore you people! Don't give in to those people XD. SAVE THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE. Hopefully we'll see less of them this time around though, since there won't be so many rares to beg for... (or as many to pass around)

KuroNetsune
Jun 28, 2006, 10:07 PM
I used to raid the shops in and out at low levels to buy craploads of 3-4 frames and armors, as well as nice useful low level weapons, and I loved giving them away to those low levels that showed promise :3 nice way to make friends

Tystys
Jun 28, 2006, 11:59 PM
Blah bur furgun!

I don't really care if money serves no purpose in PSU either, but I highly doubt it won't. With clothes and room accessories etc etc...I doubt we will be running out of things to use meseta for.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Jun 29, 2006, 03:26 AM
I certainly hope rares don't go for meseta in PSU, that'd just be stupid. I like the current trade system, with rares going for other rares and/or stacks of semi-rare tool items (i.e. PDs/PCs).

DraginHikari
Jun 29, 2006, 05:14 AM
It would make sense in some ways, it appears alot of rares or weapon alterations result from systhesising which comes from materials that you either have to buy or find... and since it sounds like Mesesta is harder to come buy and that there are so many things you can buy that Meseta isn't really a faulty currency anymore.

I didn't exactly like the PD exchange system in PSO. But it did make sense because PDs had several possible uses that made it a fitting currenacy... you can at least hope Meseta becomes something more then what it currently is.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DraginHikari on 2006-06-29 03:16 ]</font>

Kyuu
Jun 29, 2006, 12:11 PM
On 2006-06-29 01:26, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:
I certainly hope rares don't go for meseta in PSU, that'd just be stupid. I like the current trade system, with rares going for other rares and/or stacks of semi-rare tool items (i.e. PDs/PCs).

Please explain why it'd be stupid? The system in PSO now pretty much just substitutes Photon Drops for meseta, because meseta is practically worthless. Photon Drops are PSO's currency now.

Considering the fact that meseta is harder to come by, that many things are quite expensive, and that there are lots of things to spend meseta on now (clothes, accessories, recovery items, you can buy materials for item synthesis, etc.) it's quite likely that meseta will actually have value in PSU, and so you will in fact be able to buy rares for large sums of it. I see no basis for referring to this system of buying things for money as stupid. Also, it is likely there will not be PDs or PCs in PSU, as I'm sure there's no Galleon's Shop or Dangerous Deal with Black Paper in PSU.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-06-29 10:12 ]</font>

PanyoPanyo
Jun 29, 2006, 06:33 PM
Ill help the person by giving them a weapon and helping them level to a max of 5. Other than that. No sorry you dont get anything http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Nuclearranger
Jun 29, 2006, 06:42 PM
hopefully Dupeing wont be a problem but I Highly doubt sega can stop the new BMG disk setup sony created that alows people to hide Files 100% even from there own computer by simply adding $sys$ into the file name. <.< hates sony for this . its not into the open with people yet but if a hacker can get a hold of this they could make undetectable viruses allthough i do beleve microsoft is patching windows for this .

Nuclearranger
Jun 29, 2006, 07:03 PM
How many topics did this guy make about cheating? 2-4?

TheGreyCliche
Jun 29, 2006, 07:45 PM
http://www.starterupsteve.com/swf/posting.html

Kyuu
Jun 29, 2006, 08:13 PM
On 2006-06-29 17:45, TheGreyCliche wrote:
http://www.starterupsteve.com/swf/posting.html

Good lord, I nearly jumped when the God voice made its announcement. Still funny (and informative for those who, like Little Timmy, need some more education before they click the "New Thread" button).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-06-29 18:13 ]</font>

turtle323
Jun 29, 2006, 08:55 PM
ummm grey this is the only one ....

K-Morfos
Jun 29, 2006, 10:48 PM

Thats right. Duping and cheating has taken away the challenge of the game. Free hand-me downs have never been a problem. I am doubtfful that mere generosity will ruin gameplay. People tend to be overly greedy anyways.

TheGreyCliche
Jun 29, 2006, 11:19 PM
On 2006-06-29 18:55, turtle323 wrote:
ummm grey this is the only one ....

i just felt like sharing...

Post Script: OMFG STEAM ROXORZ TEH BIG ONE111!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheGreyCliche on 2006-06-29 21:23 ]</font>

Russ2576
Jun 29, 2006, 11:33 PM
I kinda hope they adopt the same system with weapons that they had with armor/shields. I.E. Having to be a certain level to use something, as long as it's within reason. No having to be lv 170 or something stupid, like Rico's Glasses, etc.

A lvl 1 character does not need things like a Durandal, Supressed Gun, etc.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Russ2576 on 2006-06-29 21:41 ]</font>

Ffuzzy-Logik
Jun 30, 2006, 02:21 AM
I guess I'm just stuck on thinking meseta = charge food, maybe that's why I think using meseta to trade for rares is a silly idea.

isahn80
Jun 30, 2006, 01:01 PM
I implore you people! Don't give in to those people XD. SAVE THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE.

I will only use the English vernacular in its full and unadulterated form. Some moron that starts leet-speaking (or just spelling like a 5-year old) toward me will cause me to lose my lunch. If someone actually makes themselves intelligable to me I would have no problem donating some unused gear.

I had an idea for the "too much meseta" problem... they could issue a sliding-scale tax or something. If money's that plentiful it shouldn't be a problem. At least it would be like a REAL economy! The money could then go to a "save-a-noob" fund or something...

That would be amusing if it actually happened, which it won't because the game is probably %95 done.

chibiLegolas
Jun 30, 2006, 01:24 PM
Don't forget that with your PM pets, it can help synthesize items for you. And that there's a percentage that it'll work or not. So if you don't upgrade your PM's (does it cost $ like mag food now?) or risk synthesizeing expensive stuff, only to get garbage in the end.
I'm expecting a lot of trials 'n errors with my PM. And if they're anything like mags of PSO, they'll also eat up a ton of time AND meseta.

Now there's too much stuff to do with your $. I always seem to hold onto hand me downs for the low leveled players. But with the new option to set up shops, I don't have to hunt for polite low leveled players. Just throw it into your shop at a cheap price and someone will eventually benefit from it (and now, you as well).
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Jinu_San
Jul 1, 2006, 05:21 AM
On 2006-06-28 14:45, JAR wrote:

Sorry man but I believe in giving weapons and armor to lower lvls who can use them, no dupes of course!

Me too I give mah sis stuff for her char all the time and my friend sometimes gives me stuff. Mainly because she finds it a waste to sell her rares for a mear 10 gold or less and since she gets alot of them and to much money more Rares for meh and others http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

EnixBelmont
Jul 1, 2006, 05:36 AM
I always help new people whenever possible. Never know when they will get a rare they cant use and give it to you for being nice when they just started.(I got a Chainsawd and Elysdeon in PSO I+II.)

Reystradamus
Jul 1, 2006, 09:35 AM
aint nothin wrong with freebies...if im playing with somebody and they cool and i get along with them i dont see nothin wrong with hookin up with some money or wateva they need if i have it...a random strange i dont kno it depends....

mitchm
Jul 1, 2006, 10:38 AM
yea i like the whole idea of player shops in PSU... i to gave away a fair share of my unneeded rares and armors to lower levels... sadly though almost no one ever gave me anything for free...

Zinsian
Jul 3, 2006, 04:07 AM
LoL. In PSU rare percentage drops have been decreased dramtically as stated before by ST. Security has been tightened so duping and other hacks have severe punishments. ST GM's will constantly be patroling the cities and lobbies to watch for hackers and cheaters.

vox3om
Jul 3, 2006, 10:56 AM
No one wants hackers in PSU, but even coming from a guy who hates em, it's almost inevitable at some point. You can't make a universal player base decision that no one will hack. Like said, hopefully ST will have enough security that it can't happen without punishment.

MAGNUShunter
Jul 3, 2006, 10:27 PM
Hey guys. Dont forget that all character info will be saved serverside this time around. This means that the duping/inflation problem will not be anywere NEAR what it was in PSO. Items cant just "show up" in someones inventory without the prerequsite requirements being filled-the server will notice.
Of course there is always cheating. PSO just didnt have any way of regulating it since all character data was stored on each players console.

Vetsent
Jul 4, 2006, 01:18 AM
On 2006-06-28 14:50, ajenteks wrote:

Nobody would accept meseta for any rares regardless of their legitimacy. Meseta in PSO was really only useful for four things in the long run: Character upkeep, keeping a FO's TP bar full, the changing room in EPI&II, and charge weapons. PSOBB's team point system is a pretty blatant indicator of how worthless meseta really is - you sink crap rares instead of selling them to noobs for cheap.

Once your bank is full of meseta, you can either drop meseta off in games you make yourself and then leave (a personal favorite tactic of mine) or give it to people in open games or alts.

This creates massive inflation as there's nowhere the money can really go to be taken out of the economy; no money sinks. The room decorations and character accessories in PSU may fix this a little bit, but only for so long.

Another thing that will reduce the inflation is the new grinding system,making people spend more for the safer stuff.Also,the player-run shops will decrease it too.Someone might see a product(weapon,armor,decoration) at one shop and feel they can find it somewhere else will go somewhere else,forcing the previously visited shop owner to decrease,making a chain reaction.

P.S.I just saw the "Hi Newbie" video at http://www.starterupsteve.com/swf/posting.html.Funny...XD.

Saner
Jul 4, 2006, 02:35 AM
I remember when I got a free doublesaber.

Dahilia
Jul 4, 2006, 10:49 PM
God, I love the title of this topic.

Tystys
Jul 4, 2006, 11:43 PM
On 2006-07-03 02:07, Zinsian wrote:
LoL. In PSU rare percentage drops have been decreased dramtically as stated before by ST. Security has been tightened so duping and other hacks have severe punishments. ST GM's will constantly be patroling the cities and lobbies to watch for hackers and cheaters.

Sounds like fun, XD