PDA

View Full Version : i want know system are most going to play on

turtle323
Jun 28, 2006, 08:03 PM
chose ur system

Mattlock
Jun 28, 2006, 08:09 PM
PS2, i dont know why but i cant play on PCs that well and also ps2 = no need to pay upgrades like graphic cards lol

yes im kinda cheap -.-

ANIMEniac
Jun 28, 2006, 08:13 PM
im gunna do both 360 and pc, so i can meet up with all my friends.

TheGreyCliche
Jun 28, 2006, 08:19 PM
360... because i already have one... i don't want to buy a ps2... and my computer is of questionable worth.

TheyCallMeJoe
Jun 28, 2006, 08:33 PM
Definitely PC, mostly because I have it and already had to upgrade my graphics gard for Matrix Online. Also because I don't want to spend $$$ PS2 and certainly not 360.

-EDIT-
Although I would like to play with an Xbox controller on PC. I heard from somoene that they are compatible with windows. I'm not sure if it's for 360 or just plain xBox though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheyCallMeJoe on 2006-06-28 18:34 ]</font>

Sevenfold
Jun 28, 2006, 09:00 PM
PC all the way.

UltimateCarl
Jun 28, 2006, 09:08 PM
PC definitely. I have a PS2 and a network adaptor, but I don't feel like buying a keyboard for it. I'm also much more at home with online games on my PC, despite the fact that one of the things I thought was do cool about PSO was that it was the only (good) ORPG you could play on a console.

Also, 360 isn't even in the running. I wouldn't buy one in the first place just on my principles, (not fanboyism...) but also it comes out later, you don't get to play with over 2/3 of the total PSU playerbase, the percentage of players you will be with are definitely the (on average) lower intelligence crowd, I'd have to pay for a HL AND a Live account, and I have to listen to idiots insult my mom over voice chat. I'm just gonna stop now, though, before a portion of the board kills me...

*Cough* Anyway, PC, no contest.

Blitzkommando
Jun 28, 2006, 09:13 PM
On 2006-06-28 18:33, TheyCallMeJoe wrote:
-EDIT-
Although I would like to play with an Xbox controller on PC. I heard from somoene that they are compatible with windows. I'm not sure if it's for 360 or just plain xBox though.

It's the 360 controller, wired. I have one myself and it works great.

That should hint that I am going with PC. PS2 takes far too long to load compared to PC or other more modern systems. Plus I don't want to pay for the modem adapter for it. That and I love Anti-Alias and Anisotropic Filtering.

Jive18
Jun 28, 2006, 09:37 PM
PS2. Bought my slimline the day after Christmas simply for DDR and PSU.

DizzyDi
Jun 28, 2006, 09:38 PM
PS2, mine is already online-ready from when I was playing FFXI.

ChemicalO
Jun 28, 2006, 10:41 PM
Also, 360 isn't even in the running. I wouldn't buy one in the first place just on my principles, (not fanboyism...) but also it comes out later, you don't get to play with over 2/3 of the total PSU playerbase, the percentage of players you will be with are definitely the (on average) lower intelligence crowd, I'd have to pay for a HL AND a Live account, and I have to listen to idiots insult my mom over voice chat. I'm just gonna stop now, though, before a portion of the board kills me...

*Cough* Anyway, PC, no contest.

CORRECTIONS: YOU DO NOT NEED TO PAY FOR A LIVE ACCOUNT TO PLAY PSU, YOU CAN USE A SILVER LIVE SUBSCRIPTION WHICH IS FREE.
YES THEIR ARE JERKS ON XBOX LIVE, BUT IM ONLY GONNA PLAY WITH MY LIVE FRIENDS, NOT RANDOM 12 YEAR OLDS PLAYING HALO. OH YEAH WITH LIVE YOU CAN MUTE ANYONE IN YOUR PARTY OR DELETE THEM FROM YOUR FRIENDS LIST ANYTIME, AND LEAVE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK.ALSO IF YOU ARE PARTY LEADER YOU CAN BOOT ANYONE ANYTIME. COOL HUH
I FOUND FANBOYS TO BE OF BELOW AVERAGE INTELLIGENCE, ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO LABEL A WHOLE GROUP OF GAMERS AS BEING DUMB.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ChemicalO on 2006-06-28 20:47 ]</font>

kyodragon14
Jun 28, 2006, 10:52 PM
pc

Oji_Retta
Jun 29, 2006, 12:01 AM
We have yet another one of these. This angers me a lot...a lot.

phunk
Jun 29, 2006, 12:19 AM
I'll be playing on X360 mostly. If the servers are connected then I'll do like FFXI and play on PC as well.

Has there been any word of an X360 beta?

Rubesahl
Jun 29, 2006, 01:34 AM
PC cause PC graphics > PS2 graphics (In my case anyways, I know its no the same case for everyone). I love anti-aliasing and anisotrophic filtering http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif ~ And my video card may not be the newest but its an ATi x800 pro which is not 'old' either >_> Plus I like putting music in the background while I play XD I also like the fact That the keyboard would be always there while I play instead of having to take mine to the living room.

I do admit I would love to play the game in a bigger screen such as the one in my living room, which would be a drawback for me since me monitor is relatively small, I guess I'll just take my PC to the living room every now and then to play the game in the TV.

No, no word on Xbox 360 Beta.

SUGGESTION TO MODS >> We need a FAQ for this game STAT >_> Some questions are being asked again and again and it'd be great for those who aren't up to date and we could avoid the chit chat on things we already know. No offense to those who aren't always up to date since its not especially easy to know sometimes.

DraginHikari
Jun 29, 2006, 05:18 AM
Hasn't this topic been done two dozen times already?

tank1
Jun 29, 2006, 05:28 AM
yeah probably anywho pc ftw!

ShadowDragon28
Jun 29, 2006, 05:58 AM
Planning on getting PSU import for PS 2 (have the slim PS 2, for the US version? Probably will get PSU US vers. for PS2, why?

1) My current PC (which I don't own, but borrow the use of ) doesn't meet hardware requirements for the PC vers. of PSU, and I currently don't have the spare funds to buy a *good* PC that could run PSU.

2) I prefer to use PS2 contoller (possibly will get the Nyko game pad with mini keyboard built into it) I'm not fond of using mouse and keyboard for gaming.

3) My hi-res Sony Trinitron Wega(Vega?) flat-display TV is a nice large size; i think 20~22" screen? A moniter that big would cost a lot more cash if I managed to get a new PC.

InfinityXXX
Jun 29, 2006, 11:46 AM
PC. It'll be easier to go online with a pc.(When it comes out, I'll be one of the people that play the main game for 3 hours and then hit the internet)

SekotheFOmar
Jun 29, 2006, 12:31 PM
PC: better graphics, most of the time GMs ac t faster than console games, and I just put much into this computer

Mewn
Jun 29, 2006, 05:30 PM
PC.

My PS2 isn't internet-ready, I don't have an Xbox360 nor do I want to get one, and my PC handles PSU fine anyway.

IrishSoldier
Jun 29, 2006, 11:10 PM
PS2 for me.

I can't afford the upgrades you need for the PC, so I already have the modem for the PS2. I just need to set my stuff up, purchase a cheap keyboard and I'm fine.

Chrono_Cross
Jun 29, 2006, 11:17 PM
PS2

Jinu_San
Jul 1, 2006, 05:29 AM
most likely if I am going to get it it will be for the PS2

I could get it for my PC but that would be a pain to sit in front my comp for hours playing a game... plus i would most likely have to get a different game pad...

EnixBelmont
Jul 1, 2006, 05:32 AM
PC probably for me. Using the 360 controller. And Most people wont be getting the 360 version that I know. PS2 is a possiblility as well, I may buy both if you can use the same account between them.

Reystradamus
Jul 1, 2006, 09:37 AM
ill see u on a ps2 near u

mitchm
Jul 1, 2006, 10:33 AM
360 version for me... dont feel like upgrading my crappy pc...

Shiro_Ryuu
Jul 1, 2006, 11:01 AM
I'm choosing PS2 since I already have one and won't have to pay like a kazillion dollars on xbox 360 + all this other stuff. And PC, well, uhh, no, not my cup of tea to play PSU on PC.

isahn80
Jul 1, 2006, 11:05 AM
If I can scrape enough money together to upgrade my computer, then PC. Otherwise, PS2. I was thinking of getting a 360, but then I realized it would cost the same to upgrade my PC, and I like the idea of playing in a more diverse community.

xMutex
Jul 2, 2006, 03:34 PM
PC no dout about it anymore just much more familiar with it than any system. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Saner
Jul 2, 2006, 05:56 PM
ya PS2 is the way to go. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

zandra117
Jul 2, 2006, 06:23 PM
360 because its less likely to get hacked, has the same or better graphics than the PC, is also ran by sega instead of microsoft, and it has voice chat.

PS2 and PC can play together, that is also a double edged sword, If any of those versions get hacked both of them are affected plus there will be more annoyances there because of the higher population.

Sevenfold
Jul 2, 2006, 06:40 PM
On 2006-07-02 16:23, zandra117 wrote:
360 because its less likely to get hacked, has the same or better graphics than the PC, is also ran by sega instead of microsoft, and it has voice chat.

PS2 and PC can play together, that is also a double edged sword, If any of those versions get hacked both of them are affected plus there will be more annoyances there because of the higher population.

You have about the same or higher chance to get hacked actually. Server side saving is a tool which should help any of the servers, yes, but if you remember PSO on DC and GC were all affected by the idiots using their little gamesharks and other cheating devices.

From personal experience I havent seen near as much cheating on PC as I ever have on consoles. PC gaming has been doing the online thing WAY before consoles.

jungleking45
Jul 3, 2006, 11:46 AM
PS2. personally, my computer's all buggy, and well I don't wanna kill it. besides, I have all the equipment and decent online service for the PS2 online.

ShinMaruku
Jul 3, 2006, 06:05 PM
PS3, becuase I can and I'll have far better way to find people to play with.

Kers
Jul 3, 2006, 08:33 PM
360. I have yet to see a soft mod online. In the Xbox Live community, cheaters would just create BS accounts with free two months to cheat on. On the 360 there is an option to file detailed reports on cheaters, which allows the community to make better feedback. With serveral Live accounts banned on your 360, your consol will eventually become banned. I'm very glad the servers are seperated.

Garroway
Jul 3, 2006, 11:41 PM
360 here (not that any of you know me anyways)

I also thought that the decision to seperate the xbox 360 from the ps2/pc servers wasn't exactly finalised yet. Not that it changes my decision either way...

NightHour13
Jul 4, 2006, 12:27 AM
For the 100th time, PC. My PC is suped up as best as i could get it. Im a computer technician so i know just what to do to make my good ol' PC great for the game. My PS2 is sorta in pieces after a recent failed tweek and getting a Xbox 360 is never going to happen for me. Systems like Xbox 360 and PS2 are too Home Entertainment system inclined and not enough Game System inclined. Thats another story.