PDA

View Full Version : Weapons proportional to character? and Exp?

Nizm0
Jun 28, 2006, 10:35 PM
Basically I want to know if I make a small character will his sword be just as big as a bigger character?

and

Will you get Exp as a party or will it be like pso where you have to hit the target to get exp?

Lyrise
Jun 28, 2006, 11:45 PM
1. Weapon sizes remain consistant no matter what your measurements may be.

2. Exactly like PSO; Prevents EXP twinking.

ShadowDragon28
Jun 29, 2006, 05:42 AM
One of my PSU characters is a 13,300 y.o. goddess in human form, will be four feet tall and weild spears and bows with her main dedicated class being FO, and HU class second.

I like the concept of small characters wielding large weapons. Unrealistic and impractical yes, but darn cool looking IMO.

Saner
Jun 29, 2006, 07:36 AM
This isn't Communism. lol.

at least you still can wield the largest weapons no matter how small you are. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Dragon_Knight
Jun 29, 2006, 07:40 AM
Well I liked that in DC and BB versions that the weapons had a set size. It made mymini hunewarl look like a power house swining a weapon around thats as tall if not more so then herself. Also I did have fun once giving a wand to a tall beefy racast (CBed of course), it looked like he had two green skies on his hands.

TheGreyCliche
Jun 29, 2006, 12:44 PM
didn't they change weapon size based on height for PSO? I thought if a really tall hunter had a sword, and then gave that same sword to a really short hunter, the sword would appear to be a bit smaller... i assume this is to avoid clipping in the game, so it really didn't bother me.

OdinTyler
Jun 29, 2006, 01:55 PM
Nope. Weapon size was consistent. First time I ever saw size relevant to a char was in EQOA. A gnome would have some really small weps whereas an ogre's would be huge (especially a bow). You'd think they'd include this for PSU but apparently, they haven't. I guess you could call it "The Cloud Complex".

PhotonCat
Jun 29, 2006, 02:36 PM
I like how the weapons don't change size with chara build. It is more realistic like that because weapons don't shrink.

And I really wish they would adopt the way of: "getting exp while in a party" thing like all other MMOs have. I really think it's dumb you have to hit to get exp. It can be hard to hit everything while in a group.
They should just make it so you have to be within a certain distance from the group to get the exp credit, to prevent people from sitting in town.

Saner
Jun 29, 2006, 03:22 PM
hitting to get credit is better.

people could do absolutely nothing and still get exp in other RPGs, and that's not fair. at least 'tagging' an enemy, they at least did something to earn some of that monster's exp value.

more realistic that way. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Nizm0
Jun 29, 2006, 05:13 PM
I'd perfer they went with a party exp because in pso it was alot harder for hunters to get experience when they can only hit targets next to them when rangers and force and just sit back and tag every target and maybe kill the target before you can get a hit off.

zandra117
Jun 29, 2006, 05:20 PM
On 2006-06-29 12:36, PhotonCat wrote:
It can be hard to hit everything while in a group.

I assure you that you will be able to hit everything while in a group. There will be little to no hacking in the game so you will hardly see any super powerful people clearing whole rooms by themselves with one attack before anyone can tag them. Unless they are a high level in a low level area.