PDA

View Full Version : It's funny to the point of being disgusting

hollowtip
Jun 29, 2006, 03:17 PM
Everytime I pass my local Taco Bell, there are always people getting something to eat. Not funny in itself, but you should see the drive through. 12-13 cars sometimes circulating through the parking lot. while the front parking spots are readily available and the dining area almost completely empty.

You could save at LEAST half the time ordering in the dine in area than sitting at the drive through with all the lazy asses.

And then people go and turn around the fast food industries and sue because they are overweight.

It's sickening to me.

Zarode
Jun 29, 2006, 03:50 PM
I haven't heard of any recent sueings about the fastfood industry around being overweight. Maybe fastfood should counter sue with "You ate my rather unhealthy food with the thought of knowing you would get overweight/unhealthy." http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

InfinityXXX
Jun 29, 2006, 04:05 PM
I too never understood why people cram up in the drive through when theres barely anyone in the actual store and 9 times out of ten you'll probably get served faster than waiting in the drive through.

These days people are either fat or incredibly lazy.

A pet peeve of mine is how people will wait for a long time and hold up traffic for a parking spot that is close to the store rather than parking a little bit far and walking their fat asses/lazy asses to the store.

And people wonder why their fat or unhealthy.

Dangerous55
Jun 29, 2006, 05:50 PM
I drive thru all the time, mainly because I am on lunch break from work. I am active though, people can do whatever they want as long as I'm happy.

K-Morfos
Jun 30, 2006, 12:44 AM
On 2006-06-29 13:17, hollowtip wrote:
Everytime I pass my local Taco Bell, there are always people getting something to eat. Not funny in itself, but you should see the drive through. 12-13 cars sometimes circulating through the parking lot. while the front parking spots are readily available and the dining area almost completely empty.

You could save at LEAST half the time ordering in the dine in area than sitting at the drive through with all the lazy asses.

And then people go and turn around the fast food industries and sue because they are overweight.

It's sickening to me.

Well, it is a way to get free money.

Zelutos
Jun 30, 2006, 01:50 AM
On 2006-06-29 14:05, InfinityXXX wrote:

A pet peeve of mine is how people will wait for a long time and hold up traffic for a parking spot that is close to the store rather than parking a little bit far and walking their fat asses/lazy asses to the store.

And people wonder why their fat or unhealthy.

I'll drink to that. *parks as far away as he possibly can*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zelutos on 2006-06-29 23:51 ]</font>

Shigecki
Jun 30, 2006, 01:59 AM
On 2006-06-29 13:17, hollowtip wrote:

It's sickening to me.

If you haven't watched the movie "Super Size Me" (http://www.supersizeme.com/) do it and find out what those lawsuits were all about. (They were thrown out of court by the way about three or four years ago, and laws have been changed making the unhealthy fast food "restaurants" not liable for selling food that is making people over weight.)

The same thing happened to the tobacco companies and they lost their lawsuits. It is the same thing. If you are being poisoned with addicting foods that are easy to get and don't cost that much and take no effort by you to make, you get it. If this is marketed by the fast food industry (McDonalds and such) as being a complete meal, who's to blame? Should the consumer know better? Yes, but if they are being told that it is OK to eat their food, and all they are doing is eating the food that is said to be a complete meal and not bad for you, are they at fault here? The tobacco companies didn't get off the hook by saying "You should have known better then to use our product we were saying was OK for you to use" why should the fast food industries?

The fast food companies are telling the comsumers that it is OK to eat their foods. The fast food companies don't have warning labels on their products like other foods and products that are bad for you have (tobacco, alcohol. Even mattresses have warning labels). If you watch the movie, you'll see just how bad for you this type of food is.

After watching Super Size Me I stopped going to fast food restaurants. I don't wait in the drive thru or walk in to get food.

I'm neither. Which one are you?

isahn80
Jun 30, 2006, 02:43 PM
My damn girlfriend has gained like 80 pounds since we started dating, but she developed asthma and now can't exercise or anything. It sucks because now she just bitches about how fat she is and, of course, goes to Taco Bell for solace.

I want to hang myself.

I'd get out of the relationship but I don't want to be the asshole that ditched the girl because she became a porker. (I guess that's me trying to say I don't like superficial pricks and if I left I'd be a hypocrite. Plus I do still care about her).

Damn you, Taco Bell! Damn you!!!
Mmmm.... Tacos.....

K-Morfos
Jun 30, 2006, 08:02 PM
There is no reason they shouldn't have warnings. Afterall, this country is overweight, so perhapse a few warning labels on the wrappers would be called for. Not very many people would pay attention anyways. I don't see why the industry doesn't do so anyway. If they did, it would no longer be their fault.

As for the government making them put lables; I don't see why not. If we make video games place warning labels, why not fast food industry?

InfinityXXX
Jun 30, 2006, 09:32 PM
On 2006-06-29 23:59, Shigecki wrote:

I'm neither(Never said all people) but if your the type to hold up traffic for a close parking spot or wait in a huge drive through line then your fat/lazy. I'm not trying to be mean but Did I hit a nerve? For you to nick pick and fire at something as small and unserious as that sentence?

Shigecki
Jun 30, 2006, 10:50 PM
On 2006-06-30 19:32, InfinityXXX wrote:
I'm neither(Never said all people) but if your the type to hold up traffic for a close parking spot or wait in a huge drive through line then your fat/lazy. I'm not trying to be mean but Did I hit a nerve? For you to nick pick and fire at something as small and unserious as that sentence?

Not nitpicking or firing back at anyone. If I hurt your feelings, then I'm sorry, that wasn't my intention. Just letting you know there are more than two choices on what people are today.

Edit: OK, Ok, I can see what you mean if you are talking about Americans here. I just found the statistics, 60% of all Americans are either overweight or obese. So I do understand now, that is a lot of fat people. So sorry.

I guess I'm a minority now.

Back to original post.

Think I said all I needed to say in my first post, but here, I'll help you out.

After watching Super Size Me I stopped going to fast food restaurants. I don't wait in the drive thru or walk in to get food.

I usually walk to the grocery store, and I park where there is an available spot. I was a delivery driver for nine years, if I can avoid driving anywhere, I do.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shigecki on 2006-06-30 21:00 ]</font>

InfinityXXX
Jul 1, 2006, 07:06 AM
On 2006-06-30 20:50, Shigecki wrote:

On 2006-06-30 19:32, InfinityXXX wrote:

Not nitpicking or firing back at anyone. If I hurt your feelings, then I'm sorry, that wasn't my intention. Just letting you know there are more than two choices on what people are today.

Edit: OK, Ok, I can see what you mean if you are talking about Americans here. I just found the statistics, 60% of all Americans are either overweight or obese. So I do understand now, that is a lot of fat people. So sorry.

I guess I'm a minority now.

Back to original post.

Think I said all I needed to say in my first post, but here, I'll help you out.

You didn't hurt my feelings(I don't get mad or take much offense to people I don't klnow) but I should've made what kind of people I was talking about clearer(I live in America). Its a shame that over half of america is overweight and theres a good amount thats not overweight thats just incredibly lazy.I didn't mean all people in America if thats were you thinking.(you also got health nuts like me around)

But I apologize if I somehow sounded mean or disrespectful in my last post.(I was a bit angry at something else)

But while we're on this note:

About health and overweight people....

Some of the smallest things could be done to decrease health problems,weight, and lazyness even to a small degree. Instead of driving to a close store, try walking or instead sitting at home bored go outside and jog or power walk for a little bit and most importantly, watch what you put in your body. Fast Food is NOT good for people and should be used if you just want a fast meal(and you should go to a fast food place no more than 3 times a month in my opinion)

Heck, Super Size Me showed what Fast Food can do and how its not good for you(anythng that can turn a body part to fat is no good).

isahn80
Jul 1, 2006, 07:47 AM
I have to say, even though I eat fast food, I'm not overweight because I exercise regularly. I found that as long as you manage to burn off the calories, you can eat pretty much whatever you want. The trick is to not be lazy, and to not always stuff your face. Nobody needs to eat 3 whoppers in a single sitting to live.

hollowtip
Jul 3, 2006, 05:58 PM
If you haven't watched the movie "Super Size Me" (http://www.supersizeme.com/) do it and find out what those lawsuits were all about. (They were thrown out of court by the way about three or four years ago, and laws have been changed making the unhealthy fast food "restaurants" not liable for selling food that is making people over weight.)

The same thing happened to the tobacco companies and they lost their lawsuits. It is the same thing. If you are being poisoned with addicting foods that are easy to get and don't cost that much and take no effort by you to make, you get it. If this is marketed by the fast food industry (McDonalds and such) as being a complete meal, who's to blame? Should the consumer know better? Yes, but if they are being told that it is OK to eat their food, and all they are doing is eating the food that is said to be a complete meal and not bad for you, are they at fault here? The tobacco companies didn't get off the hook by saying "You should have known better then to use our product we were saying was OK for you to use" why should the fast food industries?

The fast food companies are telling the comsumers that it is OK to eat their foods. The fast food companies don't have warning labels on their products like other foods and products that are bad for you have (tobacco, alcohol. Even mattresses have warning labels). If you watch the movie, you'll see just how bad for you this type of food is.

I don't need to see that documentary to know that fast food is extremely unhealthy for me. Grade school education, my parent's lecturing, and actually seeing the grease in a double cheeseburger at McDonalds when I receive my order provides convinving evidence that fast food is unhealthy for me.

I know whatever I consume at a fast food resteraunt is of poor nutritional quality (minus the fruit cups, milk, and juice that rarely anyone orders) and I don't see how anyone that has any honor about themselves can blame the fast food industry because they are obese.

Reasons being:

Before the numerous lawsuits became popular by all the American idiots, Nutritional Pamplets on menu items were readily available upon request and are required by law. Secondly, you are not required to eat at fast food establishments. Forgive me for the cliche, but nobody is putting a gun to your head forcing you to eat a Grilled Stuft Burrito. I know it might be a hard concept to grasp for these people but the great thing about America is that there are choices and alternatives. Subway provides relatively fast service as with Quiznos, Blimpies, and Togos but can be a lot easier on the heart and lungs. Thirdly, even if by some stroke of bad luck this common sense that 99.9% of every American knows somehow eluded you, ignorance isn't a valid excuse. A person predispositioned to excessive weight gain has control over changing their diet and lifestyle, and the effects this food has on your body is completely reversable through exercise, wiser management of food intake, and even medicine. Fourthly, there have been studies that have countered the Super Size Me documentary by showing opposite results, where people have actually lost weight on a strictly fast food diet.

I can go on to about four or five more points but I'll save you the drudgery of reading and sum up what I really want to say:

Many American's levy responsiblity and scapegoat because they are too weak and lazy to look at themselves in the mirror. I have no sympathy for people who whine and cry about their poor circumstances and blame others for issues that they have complete control over.

I eat fast food very frequently (I'd say on average once a day or every other day) and I am thin if not skinny. In the past 3 months, I haven't exercised at all and haven't gained more than 3 lbs. I know my cholestrol is probably pretty high right now, but that's MY problem that I have to deal with. it's not the fast food industries's responsibility or anyone elses. In two months working out 30 min. a day three days a week and my levels are back to normal

And just for your information, I don't agree with how the tobacco industry has been treated either. The Truth ads and the whole media circus that surrounds them is sending a message that will save lives, but it's the wrong one.

But that's another whole debate I don't want to get into at this moment. Maybe next time.

TheyCallMeJoe
Jul 3, 2006, 06:05 PM
The Seattle times today:

"Some say fat children should hear the "o-word"
DOCTORS DEBATE TERMS
---------------------------------------------------
Many avoid calling kids "obese"; critics say let's end the denial

This part made me laugh:
"Labeling a child obese might 'run the risk of making them angry, making the family angry,,' but it adresses a serious issue head-on, said Dr. Reginald Washington, a Denver pediatrician and co-chariman of an American Academy of Pediatrics obesity task force.

Don't make them angry guys http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

rena-ko
Jul 5, 2006, 02:21 PM
its a serious matter, really - they might eatchu! o_o