PDA

View Full Version : Release Date

Chrono_Cross
Jun 29, 2006, 11:25 PM
What is the U.S. PSU release date? I saw something on the front page it said something August 31, what is that supposed to be for

SirenV
Jun 29, 2006, 11:27 PM
NOT AGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIN * SCREECHES* XDXDXD. Oh man, this honestly was like just asked a few posts ago for the trillionth time, but..., anyway, slated for an October release (USA), as far as we know (August is for Japan).

TheGreyCliche
Jun 29, 2006, 11:29 PM
SirenV is right... and now we're all laughing at you... HA!

...welcome to the forum... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

SirenV
Jun 29, 2006, 11:32 PM
Yes, Welcome =)

Chrono_Cross
Jun 29, 2006, 11:49 PM
that's okay if you laugh at me. i was just impatient and didnt look into the threads, i try not to do it again

phunk
Jun 30, 2006, 12:19 AM
Don't mean to bump this, but is X360 region free?

I'd like to import the game when it arrives in Japan.

Chrono_Cross
Jun 30, 2006, 12:22 AM
i dont like the offline mode for this game. I wish the offline mode would stay like PSO

phunk
Jun 30, 2006, 12:27 AM
Personally, I'm really exicted for the offline mode in this game! Its good that it'll be a totally seperate story and experience from the online portion. Hell, if you're a fan of the original series then this should be a dream come true for ya'.

Saner
Jul 2, 2006, 05:52 PM
On 2006-06-29 22:22, Chrono_Cross wrote:
i dont like the offline mode for this game. I wish the offline mode would stay like PSO

Extra Mode is basically PSO's offline mode, except no offline multiplayer like the GC and Xbox versions.

tank1
Jul 2, 2006, 05:54 PM
Youd rather have the offline mode like PSO!? well alrighty then you must really hate games actually havving a decent storyline or somehting. XD

Saner
Jul 2, 2006, 05:58 PM
On 2006-07-02 15:54, tank1 wrote:
Youd rather have the offline mode like PSO!? well alrighty then you must really hate games actually havving a decent storyline or somehting. XD

I think that person's reason is because they rather make their own character than use a pre-made character. I don't blame them.

DizzyDi
Jul 2, 2006, 06:03 PM
Thats what extra mode is for.

tank1
Jul 2, 2006, 06:05 PM
So youve gotta tolerate Ethan for the Offline mode? atleast you get a 40hour Rpg instead of forest, Cave, Mine, Ruins "congrats you saved the universe" and there still is the Online mode to make your own char.

zandra117
Jul 2, 2006, 06:11 PM
xbox360 is not region free. I tried to play a japanese game on mine and it wouldn't play.

RFB
Jul 2, 2006, 08:11 PM
XBox 360, the console itself, IS region free. Then again, the game may be or may not be region free.

Considering that it is most likely that JP servers will be separated from US/EU servers, my guess (I repeat, my GUESS) is that PSU will not be region free.

As for the offline mode... well, Extra mode is pretty much like old PSO offline, except that you can add characters to your party that are controlled by the AI, and the story mode is a full fledged RPG, or at least seems so.
So I really cant imagine why anyone would prefer PSO offline over PSU offline.