PDA

View Full Version : Dumbest reason to get a detention

DikkyRay
Jun 30, 2006, 06:13 PM
Ok, so this one time at school, me and a couple of friends were talking, and i jokingly called one gay. Thats it. I literally said, "Dude, you're so gay." Unforunatly, our nazi pastor heard me. He goes, "Congratulations, you just earned a detention.
I was so effin pissed. All my fiends were laughing at me. It was so retarded. A couple of my friends helped me to believe he was just saying this to be a jerk, like he always is.
But there it was, about 3 days later. A detention notice on my locker. I was like WTF!!!!!!!!!!!. I went up to the Nazi and asked him about it.
This is what he told me.
"I underdtand how guys like to talk to eachother, and make fun of eachother. But what you said shouldnt be said, even as i joke.
This was the first thing i had ever gotten at trouble at school.
Then This is what he said, "I know you are a good student. So is your sister. You never get in trouble, and you always abide by the rules. But i'm still giving you a detention."

Ok, remember, i said "Gay"

So i tell him that there are worse things kids are saying, and that i am a good student.

Then he brings another teacher over and asks, "ok, imagine i am pulled over for going past the speed limit. Itis my very first offense. I deserve a ticket. But i plead with the officer because this was my first offense, should he still give me a ticket?
She said "Yes, of course. You broke the law."

All this because i jokingly said "Gay"

Also about this pastor. He calls me his arch-enemy, and is a jerk to other students. He old me he will fail me if i dont wrestle for him. And he can not get fired because he was called here

FOAtHeart
Jun 30, 2006, 11:57 PM
You deserve what you got.

That about it, really.

Balthor
Jul 1, 2006, 12:03 AM
Oh no, you said the word gay, you should of been hung, and jabbed by multiple pitchforks by a dozen people.

Turn on your sarcasm sensors, by the way.

Firocket1690
Jul 1, 2006, 01:03 AM
Oh noes? Plead for freedom of speech, and risk another detention, or take this detention, shut up, and be happy. Oh, and -2 for homophobia.

Worst way I got a detention was for not wearing an ID on my neck one day at (a public) school. Nya? There are more obscure policies I'd rather not get into. Just know that there is worse.

InfinityXXX
Jul 1, 2006, 07:50 AM
I guess it depends on your school. At my school, people call others gay all the time and ntohings wrong with it. I agree, it is a stupid way to get detention(its not like you used an offensive word) but I guess thats the type of school you have. Don't do it again, at least in front of him.

I'm not trying to argue but Firocket, how is he homophobic for saying gay?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: InfinityXXX on 2006-07-01 05:50 ]</font>

Stan
Jul 1, 2006, 08:39 AM
On 2006-06-30 21:57, FOAtHeart wrote:
You deserve what you got.

qft

a few of those "nazis" would be welcome here.

I never had trouble or anything, but I still got detention for forgetting my french books...
It's just detention, you'll survive it.

K-Morfos
Jul 1, 2006, 11:44 AM
This is why I'm glad I didn't have to go to a Christian school. I simply do not understand conservative Christians in the slightest. That Pastor is obvisously a nut, and so is that school. Like I said in another topic, America is crazy.

zwandude15
Jul 1, 2006, 12:06 PM
When I was a freshman, my friend wrote "Metallica" on the door of a classroom WITH HIS FINGER mind you, and I was getting to writing "St. Anger" on the second door, WITH MY FINGER mind you, and one of our hard-ass english teachers pulls me back by the collar of my shirt.

At the time, I thought it was my friend, because we were all going to class together. But I turn around, he says he's taking me to the Dean's. I must have said something to him and he asked,"okay, what does that say?" so i explained it was the album name *point* of the band *point*. HE LET ME GO!

But I guess he thought of it as a form of graffiti. Even though it could have been easily wiped off with a napkin or hose.

But your story sounds a lot less harmful. It probably wouldn't have been a problem if you were at a public school. =

Allos
Jul 1, 2006, 12:07 PM
On 2006-07-01 09:44, K-Morfos wrote:
This is why I'm glad I didn't have to go to a Christian school. I simply do not understand conservative Christians in the slightest. That Pastor is obvisously a nut, and so is that school. Like I said in another topic, America is crazy.

Hey! I have an idea! Let's make more generalizations about people and situations we aren't familiar with!

And to the original poster, it's not a big deal. I got a detention in high school once for forgetting to put on my school ID (regardless of the fact that I wore it everyday and on this particular day I had it in my locker, just forgot to put it on). Point here is that, however stupid the reason for getting the detention was, it's not a big deal. Just serve it and get it over with.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Allos on 2006-07-01 10:15 ]</font>

Shigecki
Jul 1, 2006, 12:13 PM
Look at it this way. Substitute the word "gay" with something else. Use the word "black". Is this offensive now? Or how about "jew". Some might still think it not offensive, and other would. Even though he was a friend of yours you were using the term as a putdown. The so called "nazi" pastor that is in charge of your school understood this, that is why you are in trouble. Just because it is a joke, doesn't mean it's any less offensive. Just because others do it doesn't mean you shouldn't be held responsible for your own actions.

It's just detention and isn't that big of a deal. All this means is you lose an afternoon one day.

Life is full of lessons. How we grow from these lessons define us as people. I suggest next time choose you words a little better.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shigecki on 2006-07-01 10:17 ]</font>

Balthor
Jul 1, 2006, 07:08 PM
On 2006-07-01 10:13, Shigecki wrote:
Look at it this way. Substitute the word "gay" with something else. Use the word "black". Is this offensive now? Or how about "jew".

No. Race and ethnicity is one thing, what hole you take it in is another completely different thing. Your analogy is too 1999.

You might as well be writing hate mail to the majority of TV shows these days, since the oh so dreaded G word, is used often.

navci
Jul 1, 2006, 08:47 PM
It's just detention. Not suspension. So it is all good.
When I was in school, Catholic school, mind you. You get in trouble just because your hair is too short. (girls school)
So. Well. You'd know to be more careful in your speech from now on?

DikkyRay
Jul 1, 2006, 09:20 PM
Well, i didnt understand it when 3 kids dropped the N-bomb, and a kid dropped the f-bomb, i get caught with "gay"

Shigecki
Jul 1, 2006, 09:26 PM
On 2006-07-01 17:08, Balthor wrote:

On 2006-07-01 10:13, Shigecki wrote:
Look at it this way. Substitute the word "gay" with something else. Use the word "black". Is this offensive now? Or how about "jew".

No. Race and ethnicity is one thing, what hole you take it in is another completely different thing. Your analogy is too 1999.

I never said I agreed with anything that happened to him. All I did was give an argument on why he got detention and it wasn't the "dumbest reason to get detention." (I would have to say forgetting a French book would be out of the reasons here.) Maybe next time read you should read the entire post and comment on that.

I wasn't the one who said he deserved it. I wasn't the one who said he was afraid of gay people.

You might as well be writing hate mail to the majority of TV shows these days, since the oh so dreaded G word, is used often.

What TV show do you watch that someone is called gay and it is ment as a put down? I don't watch too much network TV, so I may have missed that show. I'm sure if this was part of a weekly television program they would get angry letters about the show. I'm sure if this was part of a weekly television program it wouldn't be on the network for too long.

Solstis
Jul 1, 2006, 09:40 PM
On 2006-07-01 19:20, DikkyRay wrote:
Well, i didnt understand it when 3 kids dropped the N-bomb, and a kid dropped the f-bomb, i get caught with "gay"

Hates you? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Probably all deserved at least a stern talkin' to. Maybe with hugs at the end and some cookies.

PanyoPanyo
Jul 2, 2006, 12:56 AM
What you said gay? SLAY THE BEAST!

NO seriously Dude I got suspended for cursing at a computer. AT A FREAKING COMPUTER.

Sayara
Jul 2, 2006, 08:27 AM
Yet cursing is cursing; and schools like to keep its atmosphere clean of vulgar language.

DikkyRay
Jul 2, 2006, 09:38 AM
I'm glad some people at the least feel a little sorry for me....

Oh, what really sucks is im now a sophmore, and i have this pastor for religion the next 2 years....

ABDUR101
Jul 2, 2006, 10:14 AM
ok people, what the fuck?

Why would anyone feel sorry for you? You came here for sympathy? If you're going to talk shit to your friends, obviously you haven't learnt there's a time and place for everything. DUUURRRRR Regardless if the F and N bombs were being dropped, that doesn't mean the person in charge heard everything that everyone said.

And how is what race you are, and whether you're a homosexual or not any different? If someone is saying something offensive, whether it's a racial slur or a slur on sexual orientation, how is it any different? The fact that it was said 'what hole you take it in is entirely different', is even ignorant. Discrimination is discrimination, it doesn't matter if it concerns skin color, sexual orientation, or gender.

Words are only words, but you know what, words are what preceed actions. Which happened first, the putting down of blacks, or the hangings? Same with homosexuals in yesteryear, what happened first, putting them down, or them turning up missing and found dead later?

Think about it.

Dingo
Jul 2, 2006, 12:28 PM
Just tell him you used the word like people would have in 1890.

DikkyRay
Jul 2, 2006, 12:48 PM
Yea, aparently ABDUR, you have never EVER joked around with your friends. Its called a joke, and i even stated before me and my friends were JOKING you dumbass. I was not discriminating. I didnt say, hey look at theat gay kid over there. This kid was my best friend. We joke around like that to eachother. Pretty much everyone at my school sayd "gay" Teachers use it. Gay isn't discriminating. I hear gay so much that i think it lost its meaning. I think "fag" is a lot worse than "gay"

Allos
Jul 2, 2006, 12:55 PM
On 2006-07-02 10:48, DikkyRay wrote:
Yea, aparently ABDUR, you have never EVER joked around with your friends. Its called a joke, and i even stated before me and my friends were JOKING you dumbass. I was not discriminating. I didnt say, hey look at theat gay kid over there. This kid was my best friend. We joke around like that to eachother. Pretty much everyone at my school sayd "gay" Teachers use it. Gay isn't discriminating. I hear gay so much that i think it lost its meaning. I think "fag" is a lot worse than "gay"

I think he understood what you were saying, but you missed what he was saying.

We all understand that you were joking around and that your teacher probably overreacted. But oh well. As Abdur said, he may or may not have heard the context with which you used the word, but regardless of that he was trying to teach you just to watch what you say, whether it's a joke or not.

edit: thank you Tingle

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Allos on 2006-07-02 11:25 ]</font>

Sayara
Jul 2, 2006, 01:01 PM
psst. he isn't a mod anymore Allos. D:

ABDUR101
Jul 2, 2006, 01:06 PM
Ya know, appearently it's not ok to use it, because you got a detention for it.

And as I said, there's a place and time for everything. You going to goto school and drop the N-bomb on afew of your friends? How about if there were a group of black kids and teachers nearby? Ever get the fucking idea that maybe, just maybe there are gay students or teachers that don't want to hear 'fag' and 'gay' all the time around them? That maybe it's offensive to them to hear it all the time, because they have had it used offensively against them?

Time and place for everything, fuck around and call your friends whatever you like on your own, don't be so rude in a public place where other people have to hear your trash talking to each other. Joking or not, it can still offend those around you.

And no, omg omg omg I've neeeeever joked with my friends...EVER!!!1!!11!. Joke?! Dear lord! Blasphemy!

..well I seem to have sarcasm down alright.

DikkyRay
Jul 2, 2006, 01:27 PM
Ok, first of all abdur, sorry about the dumbass comment (its a bad day for me), anyway, you don't know me or my school. I never said i dropped the n-bomb. All i did was jokingly call a friend gay. This teacher is a nazi. He said so himself. He told e to my face he was going to fail me next year. My sister, and all my classmates hear this. And you missed the part about "christian" school. And face it abdur, I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE USING IT. I used it once. every person usesthe word on a daily basis.

rena-ko
Jul 2, 2006, 01:31 PM
make up a couple of secret codes with your friends -> problem solved.

ABDUR101
Jul 2, 2006, 01:41 PM
On 2006-07-02 11:27, DikkyRay wrote:
Ok, first of all abdur, sorry about the dumbass comment (its a bad day for me)

Loose cannon, much?

anyway, you don't know me or my school.

I'm basing everything off what you're saying here.

I never said i dropped the n-bomb.

Slow down, go back, and re-read my post, because I never said you did. I asked would you.

All i did was jokingly call a friend gay.

Here, go read this thread (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=114468&forum=11&start=15) again. Thoroughly, don't skip posts, take your time, word for word.

I know what you said, as I've been replying based on that knowledge.

This teacher is a nazi.

If your teacher were a nazi, he'd have allowed you to say what you said, if not promote further misconduct and dissention.

He said so himself.

I highly doubt he's a self-proclaimed nazi. A self-proclaimed hard-ass thats more than happy to give you well-deserved detention, but not a self-proclaimed nazi. It's a cop-out to call him a nazi in reference to how hard-assed he is.

He told e to my face he was going to fail me next year.

Shape up or ship out then? He's trying to curb your attitude, and no doubt if you act the same way when he's your teacher, you're in for a rough ride. I recommend alot of lube.

My sister, and all my classmates hear this.

So you have witnesses that he's a hardass, it doesn't matter.

And you missed the part about "christian" school.

Christian school, public school, private school, what difference does it make? What, you're allowed to said gay, drop F-bombs and N-bombs in christian schools now? Honestly I figured if anywhere that would be highly looked down upon at a christian school, but hey, maybe there's a severe lack of moral fiber in that area. Dunno!

What relevance does it being a christian school have? As well, why did you quotate 'christian'? It's Christian but 'not really'?

And face it abdur, I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE USING IT. I used it once. every person usesthe word on a daily basis.

So you used it once and got caught, so what? I could go drop the N-bomb in public and scream "Thats the first time I did it!" and I doubt that would stop the crowd of people kicking the shit out of me. Learn from the experience, you used it once, you got in trouble, gee, maybe you should choose your words more carefully, depending on where you are, who you're around? Maaaaayybeeee....

Stan
Jul 2, 2006, 01:58 PM
On 2006-07-02 11:27, DikkyRay wrote:
every person usesthe word on a daily basis.

eh, not really

Giiven
Jul 3, 2006, 01:10 AM
So you used it once and got caught, so what? I could go drop the N-bomb in public and scream "Thats the first time I did it!" and I doubt that would stop the crowd of people kicking the shit out of me. Learn from the experience, you used it once, you got in trouble, gee, maybe you should choose your words more carefully, depending on where you are, who you're around? Maaaaayybeeee....

HAHAHA.
The mental image there... XD