PDA

View Full Version : The PSU Game

Jinu_San
Jul 1, 2006, 05:04 AM
So far what I have heard its not looking good for me.

I think it is dumb i mean no photon blasts and ya know sometimes ya need it.

There is no resta for hunters that is dumb aswell. regardless of the 20 some odd hold on mates. It is just easyer to use resta especially as after a wile it becomes almost less in cost im sure in the long run..

also you cant use magic unless you use a WAND that is rediculous.

I have been a hard core PSO fan since it came out on Dreamcast in fact I still have it for Dreamcast.
And the changes that had been made for the cube were bad enuff I could deal with that even though the game did kind of get babyfied on the cube. There was some good things about it.

This new PSU however has not empressed me much ferther than the characture design abilitys. I am looking forward to that but that alone right now.

plus Sega Is saying they are to release it for the ps2 and PC

And here they say the xbox 360 and PC wich I hate xbox with a purple pasion because the paddles are a bit large for my tastes.

and PC is a thought but not realy looking twards wanting that to much because I dont like sitting infront of my computer for hours.

not as comfy http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

so anyway mabie some people here can fill me in on some other things that will be good for the PSU.

Or tell me your woes on this new comming game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jinu_San on 2006-07-01 03:26 ]</font>

isahn80
Jul 1, 2006, 05:31 AM
Maybe this holds no interest for you, but the offline story mode is half the reason I'm getting PSU.

I would say instead of thinking of the problems you mentioned as deficiencies, why not percieve them as new challenges to be overcome? A shift in the gameplay paradigm isn't always a bad thing. Of course, I could be wrong...

Besides, I would think just having an entirely new game universe to explore online should be enough in itself to warrant PSU's purchase.

EnixBelmont
Jul 1, 2006, 05:31 AM
I dont like resta being force only either....But AFAIK, you dont need a wand to cast, you need a force weapon. As in Wands, rods, canes, etc.(not bows though, IIRC)

Only thing I dont like is Humans sucking >_<

EnixBelmont
Jul 1, 2006, 05:34 AM
Exactly. This isnt another episode. It's an entirely new game....The new battle system and strafing and first person and such should more than make up for it.

Jinu_San
Jul 1, 2006, 05:55 AM
On 2006-07-01 03:31, isahn80 wrote:
Maybe this holds no interest for you, but the offline story mode is half the reason I'm getting PSU.

I would say instead of thinking of the problems you mentioned as deficiencies, why not percieve them as new challenges to be overcome? A shift in the gameplay paradigm isn't always a bad thing. Of course, I could be wrong...

Besides, I would think just having an entirely new game universe to explore online should be enough in itself to warrant PSU's purchase.

That is true the fact of haveing new worlds quite awesome.
I hear that there is to be more than one world aswell.

I might give tha game a go. I will see how it is.

Also Does anyone know if the game is going to be spasific to the game system?
and is the memorie card going to be spasific to the game itself like in Dreamcast or is it going to be like the cube to were you can use a friends game disk but your own card?

I hope I said that right..

Mwabwetumba
Jul 1, 2006, 06:15 AM
[quote]
On 2006-07-01 03:04, Jinu_San wrote:

``---though Casts and Beasts each get their respective super-moves (SUV/Nanoblast), but it seems that Humans and Numans is lacking something yes---``

There is no resta for hunters that is dumb aswell. regardless of the 20 some odd hold on mates. It is just easyer to use resta especially as after a wile it becomes almost less in cost im sure in the long run..

``---I think that its good that resta is FO only, gives them more purpose, you know.. and I think it made PSO a wee bit too easy when a monstrous HU could just heal himself hundreds of times without ever needing to go back to town..---``

``---Seems odd, yes, but I have no trouble with it as long as it is just as swift to switch weapons as in PSO---``

I have been a hard core PSO fan since it came out on Dreamcast in fact I still have it for Dreamcast.
And the changes that had been made for the cube were bad enuff I could deal with that even though the game did kind of get babyfied on the cube. There was some good things about it.

This new PSU however has not empressed me much ferther than the characture design abilitys. I am looking forward to that but that alone right now.

``---Yeah, character creation looks ace now---``

And here they say the xbox 360 and PC wich I hate xbox with a purple pasion because the paddles are a bit large for my tastes.

``---Though because YOU do not like xbox does not make PSU any worse, now does it?---``

and PC is a thought but not realy looking twards wanting that to much because I dont like sitting infront of my computer for hours.

``---Then go ps2---``

so anyway mabie some people here can fill me in on some other things that will be good for the PSU.

``---My only worry is about the music in the game, I hope it is as good as it was in PSO!---``

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mwabwetumba on 2006-07-01 04:15 ]</font>

Kyuu
Jul 1, 2006, 10:57 AM
On 2006-07-01 04:15, Mwabwetumba wrote:

``---My only worry is about the music in the game, I hope it is as good as it was in PSO!---``

Have you heard the music for some of the Neudaiz levels? It's freaking amazing. o_o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_k42HJxamw&search=phantasy%20star%20universe

Mwabwetumba
Jul 1, 2006, 11:17 AM
Yeah, that track owns... I just hope that tricktrack or some kind of wannabe-tricktrack makes an appearence.. god I love that track!

Thanks for that one, Kyuu!

Edit: Real cozy music around those relaxing pools too!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mwabwetumba on 2006-07-01 09:20 ]</font>

Dre_o
Jul 1, 2006, 11:58 AM
I will say this:

Look at any well constructed game. Can anyone BUT the mages use magic? No. They can use things LIKE magic, but no real magic. Don't like having to be a Force to use Resta? Tough. Deal with it.

No Photon Blast? OMG!!! NO ATTACK THAT WILL DO NO DAMAGE LATER IN THE GAME!! GASP!!!!

PS2, PC, 360? And you can't find one of these to play it on??

Sorry to be blunt and tactless, but it can't be helped. You are (as said earlier) taking all the changes for the good (like making more things more challenging) and looking at them in a nOObish "OMG I CAN"T OWN EVERYTHING EVERYTIME ANYMORE!! H4x0rs!!!" sort of view.

Again, please accept my condolences for the tactless ness.

And if you want to "hear" more, just scroll down the side bar on the home page of PSOW. You can get lots of info there.

Ibuka
Jul 1, 2006, 12:08 PM
I don't like it that Hunters can't use resta either but if you think about it... It's not really needed since the 20 item thing and and 5 other people in a group helping you fight.. Resta might make the game a bit too easy since how it is. But you played HUcast & HUcaseal or RAcast & RAcaseal in PSO the no resta thing isn't no problem.

Yeah it sucks not having PB's but honest i'm not up set about it not being in the game really... I only used Milla & Youlla to get Shifta & Deband if there was no Force there or combin PB's with other players just to get better Shifta & Deband...
But to damage wise those PB attacks were pertty much unless in Ult Mode.
It's cool to do about 2k damage with a PB attack on a group of monsters.. (Which in Ult 2k damage isn't gonna be enough to kill the monsters) But after that group of monsters are gone here comes another group... So pretty much i'm not gonna miss the PB's... Who needs PB's when you have 6 players to a party?

Sure Cast have SUV and Beast have Nano Blast but i think newmens will make up for it with Mind and Humans.... Don't what to say about that class... But i'll just have to wait and play the game to make my mind up about them

Ffuzzy-Logik
Jul 1, 2006, 12:52 PM

PBs are worthless except for comboing with 4-way twins for extremely nice S/D, and even that isn't absolutely necessary.

Well yeah, that's the point, taking away resta is supposed to make the game more challenging. Is that not a good thing?

Uh, not rly.

Ah, I see now, you'd like to return the DC days of HUmars running around with Spread Needles killing everything in sight before wnyone else could get a hit in.

Pure-chan
Jul 1, 2006, 02:33 PM
"I think it is dumb i mean no photon blasts and ya know sometimes ya need it."

Think of it this way:

You lose PB's, but gain the equivalent to a mag that fights along with you all the time, not just at 100 pb. That's not an unfair tradeoff, imo.

Additionally, both Beasts and Droids still have a special attack that could be compared to PB's, (except that they now do massive damage). Have you seen footage of how hard beasts hit with Nanoblasts? If you haven't, let me know and I'll try to dig up some video for you.

If you think about it, Beasts are the archtype hunter class in PSU. Most HP, highest ATP, etc. Casts are the archtype ranger class. They both get PB style moves. If you want the most similar experience to PSO, I would consider using one of those two races. Realistically, the only reason to make a non-beast HU or non-cast RA is a personal penchant for doing things the hard way.

"There is no resta for hunters that is dumb aswell. regardless of the 20 some odd hold on mates. It is just easyer to use resta especially as after a wile it becomes almost less in cost im sure in the long run.."

As far as not having Resta; I don't think it's a huge deal. Maybe my POV is a bit skewed after basically soloing 2 casts to lv. 200 online, but the game will still be managable due to the following factors:

a) Humar and Ramar resta were totally worthless at high levels. It's no exaggeration to state that it would take between 4 and 6 resta casts for a Humar to heal himself at lv. 200. As for their female counterparts; while the heal amount was higher, my observation from an awful lot of time playing support is that Hunewearls did not possess the defense, or the HP to stand around casting resta in demanding areas, without getting knocked over and mobbed. Additionally, Hunewearls' established lack of accuracy and power - along with their slow rate of fire - make it risky to press the issue on clearing out mobs while a heal is needed. As such; most of the good huney's that I played with would sort of stay on the fringe, running in doing damage, then running away and healing.

b) The resta animation is too slow and leaves players vulnerable in a number of situations. For example, smart players put at least one set of mates on their action bar when fighting ult falz online. Players that use mates while getting juggled by his 2nd form multi-rabarta attack usually survive. Players trying to resta their way out of that attack, usually spend some time on the ground with a light floating over them.

Aside from the higher mate cap, everyone can use traps now, too... and lots of them, up to 30 for some of the traps.

"also you cant use magic unless you use a WAND that is rediculous."

Wands and also Rods, too. Although other weapons like the fan haven't been tested out yet, so there may be more.

"I have been a hard core PSO fan since it came out on Dreamcast in fact I still have it for Dreamcast.
And the changes that had been made for the cube were bad enuff I could deal with that even though the game did kind of get babyfied on the cube."

Wouldn't you consider hunters and rangers not having resta / mags to be less 'babyfied'?

ajenteks
Jul 1, 2006, 03:10 PM
On 2006-07-01 12:33, Pure-chan wrote:

Realistically, the only reason to make a non-beast HU or non-cast RA is a personal penchant for doing things the hard way.

Or because you recognize that there will never be a perfect balance of Beasts, Casts, and Newm online at a given time, and while you're not optimum, you're better than any other race-heavy abundance of characters there is at said time.

Sgt_Shligger
Jul 1, 2006, 03:15 PM
The fact beasts have the "best" stats for being a hunter doesn't make them the best choice. Every class is balanced out evenly and fairly.

peenk
Jul 1, 2006, 03:48 PM
Jinu_San
I agree w/ your initial post.
I loved ver1 w/ a passion. Ver2. wasnt bad but for reasons beyond my control I could not enjoy the game (isp, p2p).
However, I knew I would buy GC the first time I heared that they were making new PSO for GC. In fact, PSO was the #1 and only reason I bought GC. Spent about 100 hours in PSO and .... it was partly same repetition, partly lame people I met online, and partly the cheating. Basically GC version wasnt that interesting.
This time Ill give a game a try before buying it, legal or illegal way, I am not paying for it unless I am sure I will like the game.

Jinu_San
Jul 1, 2006, 04:12 PM
On 2006-07-01 04:15, Mwabwetumba wrote:
[quote]

``---though Casts and Beasts each get their respective super-moves (SUV/Nanoblast), but it seems that Humans and Numans is lacking something yes---``

``---I think that its good that resta is FO only, gives them more purpose, you know.. and I think it made PSO a wee bit too easy when a monstrous HU could just heal himself hundreds of times without ever needing to go back to town..---``

``---Seems odd, yes, but I have no trouble with it as long as it is just as swift to switch weapons as in PSO---``

``---Yeah, character creation looks ace now---``

``---Though because YOU do not like xbox does not make PSU any worse, now does it?---``

``---Then go ps2---``

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mwabwetumba on 2006-07-01 04:15 ]</font>

Jinu_San
Jul 1, 2006, 04:20 PM
On 2006-07-01 09:58, Dre_o wrote:
I will say this:

Look at any well constructed game. Can anyone BUT the mages use magic? No. They can use things LIKE magic, but no real magic. Don't like having to be a Force to use Resta? Tough. Deal with it.

No Photon Blast? OMG!!! NO ATTACK THAT WILL DO NO DAMAGE LATER IN THE GAME!! GASP!!!!

Sorry to be blunt and tactless, but it can't be helped. You are (as said earlier) taking all the changes for the good (like making more things more challenging) and looking at them in a nOObish "OMG I CAN"T OWN EVERYTHING EVERYTIME ANYMORE!! H4x0rs!!!" sort of view.

And if you want to "hear" more, just scroll down the side bar on the home page of PSOW. You can get lots of info there.

NO I have a ps2 and a pc but was unsure of the actual release of the game..
I was just saying that it would be bad if it just released on the 360 and PC. PC would be toloratable. But not 360. Because the paddles are just to big and not as easy to use.

I am not trying to sound bad. I just listed some consernes about the game..

The graphics are ok though and I like the new style of clotheing and hair so uber awesome.

I supost it is just that I had gotten so use to playing the origonal PSO that the changes seem a bit of a shock to me is all..

I am sure I would get use to the new system. But in the same light I will always Love the regular PSO.

I still miss the free servers for Dreamcast ::sniff sniff:: http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Jinu_San
Jul 1, 2006, 04:27 PM
Ah, I see now, you'd like to return the DC days of HUmars running around with Spread Needles killing everything in sight before wnyone else could get a hit in.

Considering that I usualy teamed up with friends I dont think I experianced the dudes killing everything before you could... and for easy mode yeah I could see were that could be a problem.
hehe.

Also I supose thats what would happen if you teamed up with people alot higher level than you are. The people I susualy teamed with tho were nice to me and helped out alot in alot of cases.

Jinu_San
Jul 1, 2006, 04:39 PM
On 2006-07-01 13:48, peenk wrote:
Jinu_San
I agree w/ your initial post.
I loved ver1 w/ a passion. Ver2. wasnt bad but for reasons beyond my control I could not enjoy the game (isp, p2p).
However, I knew I would buy GC the first time I heared that they were making new PSO for GC. In fact, PSO was the #1 and only reason I bought GC. Spent about 100 hours in PSO and .... it was partly same repetition, partly lame people I met online, and partly the cheating. Basically GC version wasnt that interesting.
This time Ill give a game a try before buying it, legal or illegal way, I am not paying for it unless I am sure I will like the game.

yeah I can understand that. GC did kind of baby the game a bit... XD the only thing I dont realy miss about the DC viersion realy is the hackers that liked to screw things up for people always a total bummer. I dont realy know if PKing is still a factor in the later PSO viersions because I have not come across it lately. But I dont miss that.

Realy I am going to give this game a try. If I dont like it I will just pass it on to my friend or something.. Or if my siblings like it I will let them have it.

I kind of reolise that PSU is supost to be a compleatly different game than pso. mabie things changed a bit so you dont need sertain things.

but considering I dont usualy play online these days. It is hard to say that I will have 5-6 people in my party to make up for the things that are missing.

I supose that it realy does not matter all that much .. I like the Forse realy it is just a pain that all they can use is wands and stuff as well as sabers. I do hope that sabers is still going to be universal. I do want to take a swing at the bow tho.

PALRAPPYS
Jul 1, 2006, 05:22 PM
Also, if you really need resta.... feel free to have me on your side! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I call newman!

Ether
Jul 1, 2006, 05:30 PM
Jinu_San wrote:
easyer
rediculous
enuff
ferther
characture
abilitys
twards
mabie
comming
spasific
memorie card
toloratable
consernes
clotheing
supost
origonal
experianced
viersion
reolise
compleatly
sertain
Forse
Birthday: Dec 25, 1981

ajenteks
Jul 1, 2006, 05:41 PM
On 2006-07-01 15:30, Ether wrote:

Jinu_San wrote:
easyer
rediculous
enuff
ferther
characture
abilitys
twards
mabie
comming
spasific
memorie card
toloratable
consernes
clotheing
supost
origonal
experianced
viersion
reolise
compleatly
sertain
Forse

Yeah... have fun when you find spit or worse in your food the next time you order out http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

isahn80
Jul 1, 2006, 06:15 PM
So Jinu_San has trouble spelling. So what? Not everyone is a wonderful speller. My dad is a genius with amazing business sense, but he can't spell worth a damn. I also was friends with this kid in high school who was taking calculus and all these advanced courses, but he sucked at English. I'm the opposite, so I'd write essays for him and he'd help me with algebra homework. It worked out.

There's a difference between people who intentially say shit like "OMG I pwned U nOObz LOL!!!111 (or whatever the hell) or otherwise write like a 5-year old, and those that are actually doing their best to spell correctly; I can respect the latter.

isahn80
Jul 1, 2006, 06:17 PM
Yeah... have fun when you find spit or worse in your food the next time you order out

I'd stay away from the Clam Chowder...

Jinu_San
Jul 2, 2006, 03:00 AM
On 2006-07-01 15:30, Ether wrote:
[quote]
Jinu_San wrote:
easyer
rediculous
enuff
ferther
characture
abilitys
twards
mabie
comming
spasific
memorie card
toloratable
consernes
clotheing
supost
origonal
experianced
viersion
reolise
compleatly
sertain
Forse

I can see how childish you are...
plus I can see you must be bord with yourself

So what if I can't spell.. Plus there is no spell check on this computer. Other wise I would have used it.

people make me sick... they think everyone must know everything, be talented, know how to spell, be good looking, have a sence of humor, be happy always, be good at almost everything. In order to get friends of any kind. Or be able to talk to any one.

also It would be kind of odd to order food over the net or through writeing.
Usualy I just say what I want.

I can draw, create video games, build computers, create an interactive message board, write storys, play games better than most, I have real friends who like me for just me, I can make music, fix alot of electronics,

and yet yes I admit I can not spell worth beans. I am a person who needs spell check.

being able to spell real good does not make you a better person.

being nice respectfull and good to people does.

Jinu_San
Jul 2, 2006, 03:04 AM
On 2006-07-01 15:22, PALRAPPYS wrote:
Also, if you really need resta.... feel free to have me on your side! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I call newman!

W00T!

Kyuu
Jul 2, 2006, 03:52 AM
Being able to spell decently may not make you a better person, but it sure does make it easier to read your posts. Instead of getting offended, try working on your spelling skills. Also, there's no need to hit the return key after every sentence, especially not twice. It's not as bad as making your text a big block with no organization, but it's still tiresome to read.

Alisha
Jul 2, 2006, 04:14 AM
On 2006-07-01 09:58, Dre_o wrote:
I will say this:

um.... dark knight? paladin? lol

Sev
Jul 2, 2006, 05:47 AM
To answer a question. I don't have any woes for the game.

I pick Hunter, because I want to melee. I don't wanna do anything else, maybe shoot from time to time, but I could even live without that. So unlike most of the people, I don't have any problems with the changes. I don't need to be able to cast Resta or myself, or Shifta/Deband. Resta's not worth the time when I can have more mates, I'd rather leave the spells for the Force's to begin with. If we can all do each others jobs, there's not much reason to have us around. You'll probably have to work more towards what the groups want in this game, and I like that. Plus, the harder it is, the less likely you are to have people that just wanna grief you.

I don't understand the whole thing about the Gamecube version being babified. They gave you chairs, keyboard motions, and extra shit. I don't really see where it got babified or dumbed down... Especially since they changed who could use what techs. I really don't see that as a "babification" and that's a made up word... But who cares?

For future reference, if the spelling is bad, ignore the post. You don't need to comment at all. If you can't understand it, you can't understand it. You're not missing out on anything, it's a forum.

Ibuka
Jul 2, 2006, 08:29 AM
Well i will say that the GC version of PSO in Ult and C-Mode was a bit too easy then DC PSO.v2
But other then that it's pretty much the same.

AlaskaMan
Jul 2, 2006, 09:43 AM
I know this is off topic, but anyone know if PSU is going to be on the Game Cube? Xbox 360 sucks to much for me so i'm just wondering if they are. Feel free to not answer this question, but I would appreciate it. THANK YOU!^^

Ibuka
Jul 2, 2006, 10:13 AM
Sorry it's not coming out for GC. If Sonicteam have any future plans on making PSU on another console it would most likely be the Nintendo Wii then the GC

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ibuka on 2006-07-02 08:14 ]</font>

AlaskaMan
Jul 2, 2006, 10:22 AM
Ah aight thnx^^

Nisshoku
Jul 2, 2006, 11:57 AM
Jinu_San said...

For PSU, they have balanced it in their own way. SUV weapons, as well as Nanoblasts give you a short burst of power, right exactly when you need it. And seeing as you can easily choose them? Even better. Customize it to the way you like playing.

Sure, they may cost you a bit in stores...but once you get recipes for them, you really won't be spending as much as you may think.

Using magic unless you're a force is kind of a odd subject. But Hunters too can do elemental damage, even though it may not be a big oomph like techs. Remember, the lovely thing about weapons in PSU is that if you want a element type for a weapon, you can build it, assuming you have the components needed. Personally, I don't mind the different change of it from the previous series, but I'm also coming from being a HUcast since I started PSO.

Personally, I think they did a good job when they brought PSO over to the Cube. They rectified a lot of things in the game, save for storyline, but anything else was just short of being quite well done for a aging gaming engine such as it is.

Trust me, after playing it, and getting the feel for it as well, you may just change your mind. I'm only saying this as I've actually played the game myself, but to each their own.

You know, you could always buy a smaller, third-party controller. But then again, to each their own.

not as comfy

Then get it for the PS2. Or buy a more comfortable chair. Easy as that.

Kayai
Jul 2, 2006, 12:26 PM
Hmm...why are you complaining before the game even comes out?

PALRAPPYS
Jul 2, 2006, 04:00 PM
On 2006-07-02 01:04, Jinu_San wrote:

W00T!

Yeah but you're probably not getting the 360 version. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif (kinda stinks how they're not linked)

Jinu_San
Jul 2, 2006, 05:10 PM
On 2006-07-02 14:00, PALRAPPYS wrote:

On 2006-07-02 01:04, Jinu_San wrote:

W00T!

Yeah but you're probably not getting the 360 version. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif (kinda stinks how they're not linked)

yeah it does though I hear the reason behind that is because of the voice features of the 360. it would have been awesome tho.