PDA

View Full Version : Do you...

Leviathan
Jul 1, 2006, 01:07 PM
need to be online to take pictures of your character?

blace
Jul 1, 2006, 01:12 PM
No in offline you can take pictures as well all you need is use a controller in the fourth slot assuming that you're on GC. You can take one picture per memory card you have or stor them online at places such as photobucket. In online mode you cannot take pictures of bosses and such but I forgot which things that would not allow it.

Marter
Jul 1, 2006, 01:20 PM
You need online to get the pictures. You do something and (in a guide on this site) and you get the pictures. I will edit this alter, when I find the guide.

Dana
Jul 1, 2006, 02:16 PM
Does this help at all? (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2303)

rena-ko
Jul 1, 2006, 02:39 PM
alternate, yet expensive solution:

1: Taking a Snapshot
- Have a Memcard in Slot B that has 15 free Blocks.
- Go to Options, Snapshotfile and create a default Snapshot at said Memcard.
(This File has to be on a card so I suggest to create one on every Memcard - Snapshotfiles are copyable via Gamecube's own Savegame-Manager)
- Now have a second Pad in Port 4. With L you can focus, with R you can zoom, with both pressed you can rotate.
The C-Stick as well as the Digital Cross moves the capture window. Pressing 'up' switchs through all Players Views.
When you press A you snap the little window in full size and save it on Card B.
When you press X you snap the full screen, it gets rendered down to the size of that little window.
(Offline, that option works everywhere, Online it doesnt work in Quests and in Boss-areas)
- Now the Screenshot is on the memcard in Slot B. you can look at it in the Options Menu.

1a: Getting the Snapshot on the USB-Memorycard:
- Insert the Memcard with the Snapshot and the USB-Memcard and start the Cube with open Lid or with no Disk in it.
- Press 'down' to get to the Savegame-Manager. There, copy the Snapshot-file (15 Blocks) onto the USB-Memcard.
(If there is already a Snapshot-file on the USB-Memcard, delete it beforehand...)

2: Getting the Snapshot onto a PC:
- Install the Program from the Floppydisk that came with the USB-Memcard.
- Hook the Memcard up to any USB-Slot at the PC. When the OS asks for drivers, refer to the folder where you installed the Program in.
- Install PSO-Proxy.
(If you just copy the files from the ZIP-file, you might have to create a new folder named "Snapshots" in the folder you copied them in)
- Run the "Saver Favorite"-Program for the USB-Memcard. Save the Snapshot-file on Harddisk.
- Run PSO-Proxy and drag & drop the Snapshot-file onto the PSO-Proxy-window.
- Open the "Snapshots"-Folder you created and there should be your Snapshot in PNG-Format.

Leviathan
Jul 1, 2006, 06:45 PM
Wha...

Ryna
Jul 1, 2006, 09:36 PM
On 2006-07-01 16:45, Leviatha wrote:
Wha...

Exactly what are you confused about?

The answer to your original question is that you do not have to be online to take screenshots of your character. There are methods for taking screenshots and uploading them. That is what the posters in the previous posts were explaining.

Leviathan
Jul 2, 2006, 01:35 PM
So I yook a picture? Now what do I do now? <<I'm really bad at understanding stuff like this so sorry? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif >>

rena-ko
Jul 2, 2006, 01:44 PM
reading this thread again might help. if not, read it another time. repeat until you understand. ;o