PDA

View Full Version : Question About Force Weapons (Beta folks)

Spellbinder
Jul 1, 2006, 06:57 PM
It's not that I'd want to make a habit out of this, but if it's possible it would be kinda funny to do. I know that you have to assign Technics to your weapon in order to make use of them, but is it possible to just swing them around and bop enemies on the head? In the easier areas I'd do that from time to time since with the team buffed, and the enemies debuffed, it wasn't half bad bopping them for 400 or so to save a couple Foie's worth of TP. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif A a silly question? Perhaps, but just thought I'd ask.

Lyrise
Jul 1, 2006, 07:04 PM
You could do that, just make sure you have empty PA slots. Is it effective? Probably not. All you have to do to deal with the PP problem is carry several force weapons, and problem solved. That and the fact that if you tried to hit them physically, you'd take a beating in the process while dishing out pathetic amounts of damage.

Spellbinder
Jul 1, 2006, 07:51 PM
Ya, I guess the style of play demanded in PSU kinda debunks what most are used to in PSO. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I can hardly wait~

Kyuu
Jul 1, 2006, 11:52 PM
From what I've heard, you cannot use wands, staves, or other force weapons for melee, even if you have no techniques assigned to the weapon. Further, even if you can, it'd be far more effective (in the unlikely event you find the need to melee as a force) to carry a better melee weapon with you, such a sabre or a gun (yeah I know it's not melee, but that's a positive point as far as forces are concerned), especially seeing as how even forces can learn level 1 photon arts (and no force weapons have any photon arts, I don't believe).

Alisha
Jul 2, 2006, 04:17 AM
ST seems content to crush the hearts of fomarl and fomar lovers.

A2K
Jul 2, 2006, 04:32 AM
Well, there isn't really much point to a "melee" FO anymore since you could simply walk up to the counter and (for a nominal fee) change your type to HU. I mean, if that was what you were getting at with that statement.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2006-07-02 02:33 ]</font>

mechatra
Jul 2, 2006, 04:35 AM
On 2006-07-01 21:52, Kyuu wrote:
(and no force weapons have any photon arts, I don't believe).

Actually Photoan arts are a general term which all weapons have.

Hunter weapons have photon arts called "skills"

Ranger weapons have photon arts called "bullets"

And Force weapons actually do have photon arts, they're called "technics"

Alisha
Jul 2, 2006, 04:49 AM
On 2006-07-02 02:32, A2K wrote:
Well, there isn't really much point to a "melee" FO anymore since you could simply walk up to the counter and (for a nominal fee) change your type to HU. I mean, if that was what you were getting at with that statement.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2006-07-02 02:33 ]</font>

i liked supporting people...but i also dont like sitting around while they do all the work and ive never been a fan of blasting people with spells because mages like that tend to be weak and frail.

Sev
Jul 2, 2006, 05:26 AM
If you wanna melee, carry an extra weapon. It's not that bad of a thing in the end, I'm pretty sure you get more slots this time around then in PSO.

Jozon
Jul 2, 2006, 05:47 AM
you get 60 instead of 30

Sev
Jul 2, 2006, 05:49 AM
That's a pretty good buff to your bag. No reason not to carry a spare weapon or two.

Zinsian
Jul 3, 2006, 04:09 AM
I dont think wacking someone in the head with a wand is reasonable. Unless is for humors sake in the lobby or city.

chibiLegolas
Jul 3, 2006, 12:00 PM
On 2006-07-02 02:49, Alisha wrote:
i liked supporting people...but i also dont like sitting around while they do all the work and ive never been a fan of blasting people with spells because mages like that tend to be weak and frail.

Absolutely the same here!
I'm just hoping that if I specialize in S/D J/Z, my support techs would be strong enough to make me a mediocre ranger or hunter.

Saner
Jul 4, 2006, 12:23 PM
looks like Forces can still use sabers and handguns, so if you wanna melee, there's that option.

Forces still shouldn't forget their main advantages though http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif