PDA

View Full Version : Accursed Apartment!

Ma_Navu
Jul 1, 2006, 09:30 PM
Lemme start off by saying, "The apartment I am living in is practically a death trap, poorly covered with plaster."

After the hurricane season last year, my apartment's flaws have begun to show. Water seeps through the walls, thus ruining certain picture frames on the wall, the air conditioner is too small to keep the apartment cool, resulting in its frequent breakdowns, like a tiny heart in an extremely fat person, and the floor's rotting underneath our feet. However, these problems are somewhat miniscule.

The walls around the air conditioner are pretty much fucked. Not only is the wall literally breaking due to excess moisture, it is the home to an ELECTRICAL SOCKET. And to top it all off, ever since it broke, mold has begun to form on the ground around it. It's a goddamn hazard to me and my family's health!

So, to resolve these problems, my father called the management. He explained the problems in explicit detail. So, they reluctantly agreed to check it out. Their solution? Put plaster over the fuckin' wall. And what makes matters worse is the fact that, after a thorough inspection of the apartment conducted by our family, we discovered that the apartment has ASSLOADS of plastered areas, accompanied with cracks along the support beams that hold up the roof. This has lead me to believe one thing: instead of fixing the source of the problems, the hide 'em with plaster, and have probably been doing it for years. Apparently, the management only cares about filling their apartments with people and hiding the problems while neglecting to fix the rooms since it costs money.

I am basically living in a death trap. So, as a real solution, my father has told my family that, if the management decides not to fix the apartment properly or move us to a different one, he's gonna sue the management. I hope the management gets it's act together, or I'm gonna be cheering my father on as he takes every penny these assholes have.

Saraphim
Jul 4, 2006, 06:56 PM
We had a similar situating in our apartment. Me, my wife and then 4 month old son were awakened by the roof falling in from the living room. I called the answering service (it was 2:00 AM) and told them what had happened. "We will contact the manager Immediatly" she said "can you stay by the phone incase they need to reach you?"

I said ok, as I have no place to be at 2:)) AM except in my bed. I fell asleep on the couch with the cordless phone in my hand. At an astoundingly early time of 10:30 AM I was called to see if it was fixed by the manager. Below is the conversation as best as I can remember:

mngr: Has the leak been fixed?
me: It's not a leak, it's a gaping hole in my ceiling"
mngr: Oh, I see. Well has it been fixed?
me: No, and by the way I can see the roof, and it deosn't look good from the inside. Are you aware of the large amount of mold?
mngr: No, I was not. It may be better if we move you to a vacant apartment, so we can fix these problems.

We moved that same day. It was a Saturday and by far the fastest move I have ever done http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

TheyCallMeJoe
Jul 4, 2006, 11:16 PM
...I get angry just listening to your story. Too many businesses these days just guzzle money and give out the VERY LOWEST most ABYSMAL service to the consumer. In their eyes, if it's barely tolerable, than they never did anything wrong. Cheap bstards.

Disneyworld is a wonderful example. The food at the hotels is terrible, the soda machines practically pour out water, everything is dirty...and to top it off every employee gives you a bad attitude if you ask for something extra. Did I mention everything is about four times as expensive as it should be?

This is by no means as bad as your predicament, but I can slightly identify with what you're saying. Just know that karma will come back to bite your management...either with a touch of rotting plaster, or with the gavel of a judge after they get their asses sued.