PDA

View Full Version : Will the PSU for shure be made for xbox 360??

LiqourSiCC
Jul 1, 2006, 11:07 PM
Will the Psu for shure be made for the xbox 360??
p.s. does "chat" work?? i cant get in it.. haha

ajenteks
Jul 1, 2006, 11:09 PM
On 2006-07-01 21:07, LiqourSiCC wrote:
Will the Psu for shure be made for the xbox 360??

Yep.

hypersaxon
Jul 1, 2006, 11:11 PM
Like, for shure lol

IrishSoldier
Jul 2, 2006, 12:22 AM
likeeeeeee fer shurrrre

:]

I was thinking about bying the 360, but I have one issue with it. I remember PSO on XB was lame because we didn't get NEAR the new quests you damn Cube users got, probably because the cube had more people. So that has me thinking. With the 360 being on a lone server, wouldn't they get the shaft while the linked users (PS2, PC) got everything first?

ajenteks
Jul 2, 2006, 12:56 AM
On 2006-07-01 22:22, IrishSoldier wrote:

With the 360 being on a lone server, wouldn't they get the shaft while the linked users (PS2, PC) got everything first?

I wouldn't trust Live and Sega getting along any better than they have in the past. I certainly wouldn't put any money on it.

Saner
Jul 2, 2006, 08:45 PM
it looks like the 360 version will be released after the other 2 versions.

meaning it might be a month or more after the other versions.

strange, the latest trailers don't mention the system. they did announce that version will be made though.

Zinsian
Jul 3, 2006, 03:59 AM
xbox 360 version is definitley being released.

Im betting that the Xbox 360 version will have better support and keep up with the PS2 (or 3) and PC. Remember the 360 has a new module (THE XBOX LIVE MARKETPLACE) to download new content. I saw in a vid sometime, a Bungie employee (from Halo 2) said that uploading new content for their game will be easier than ever with the new LIVE Marketplace. I dont think ST will have any problems either. its down to the recoding and reconversion. (Lazy Bastards)

phunk
Jul 3, 2006, 04:05 AM
Hopefully Sega doesn't go the easy route and just keep X360 players on their own servers. The 360 version would undoubtly suffer from it. If Square-Enix can make it possible to run an MMO on their own servers without using MS' other than a gateway to theirs, then Sega should have no excuse.

Saner
Jul 3, 2006, 02:53 PM
ya I think FF11 for Xbox360 shows that PSU should also allow linked servers with PC and PS2, it's the only way for Xbox360 people to break out of their smaller community, but some prefer to be isolated, it seems.

I wonder how Xbox360 gamers are handling FF11 since that's a text heavy communication style game? they definitely gotta get a keyboard whether they like it or not.

phunk
Jul 3, 2006, 02:59 PM
On 2006-07-03 12:53, Saner wrote:
ya I think FF11 for Xbox360 shows that PSU should also allow linked servers with PC and PS2, it's the only way for Xbox360 people to break out of their smaller community, but some prefer to be isolated, it seems.

I wonder how Xbox360 gamers are handling FF11 since that's a text heavy communication style game? they definitely gotta get a keyboard whether they like it or not.

"Smaller community"?

XBLive has one of the largest online communities out there, MS expects it to reach to about 6million by fall. Not to mention there's more players on Halo 2 online total than there is on other console's online features.

As for FFXI on X360, its not a problem with the keyboard. You can use any USB keyboard on the X360 so its not as hard as say with PS2 or GC where you'd have to go out and find an adaptor for it.

Ye, I hope Sega decides to link the servers, mic chat on MMOs are great and all for tactics etc... but I don't believe its a necessary feature for PSU. So if thats what they're thinking, its best just to go for the text based setup.

-Crokar-
Jul 3, 2006, 03:06 PM
well if it is linked that be alright but if they did that and had only text i wont like it i cant stand FFXI text only but i guess you dont have to talk during the game.

Saner
Jul 3, 2006, 03:07 PM
ya X360 has a whole has a large community.

but not even half of them are keen on playing RPGs or even paying for online RPGs.

most of them just play shooters like Halo 2.

Dan21789
Jul 3, 2006, 03:12 PM
Saner?? why you always making up dumb stuff about xbox.... like how it is scary that your "fwiends" will know when your playing PSU and how its horrible that you have a headset on xbox.

Saner
Jul 3, 2006, 03:15 PM
its not dumb stuff! I just didn't know about the invisible feature and all. Im not playing online RPGs on Xbox360 yet so privacy and anonymosy is not a concern currently. but for this game it would help not having 'friends' know you're online and bothering you with messages/invites.

but anyways that topic is already resolved.

phunk
Jul 3, 2006, 03:18 PM
On 2006-07-03 13:07, Saner wrote:
ya X360 has a whole has a large community.

but not even half of them are keen on playing RPGs or even paying for online RPGs.

most of them just play shooters like Halo 2.

Thats a really uninspired assesment on Live's community.

X360 has a large fanbase for RPGs, JP-RPGS or Western, doesn't matter. However, X180 (Xbox) didn't carry enough in that department, in fact, the only online RPG was PSO.

X360 is a different case altogether, there has been several major titles in the RPG genre, JP and Western slated for release later this year.

"Most of them play shooters like Halo 2"

So.. because you've heard that most of XBLive players play Halo2 you're making the assumption that no one is interested in playing or paying for on/offline RPGs?

Please don't assume when everything you're throwing out doesn't quite make much sense.

Pure-chan
Jul 3, 2006, 04:09 PM
On 2006-07-03 12:59, phunk wrote:

On 2006-07-03 12:53, Saner wrote:

"Smaller community"?

XBLive has one of the largest online communities out there, MS expects it to reach to about 6million by fall. Not to mention there's more players on Halo 2 online total than there is on other console's online features.

As for FFXI on X360, its not a problem with the keyboard. You can use any USB keyboard on the X360 so its not as hard as say with PS2 or GC where you'd have to go out and find an adaptor for it.

Ye, I hope Sega decides to link the servers, mic chat on MMOs are great and all for tactics etc... but I don't believe its a necessary feature for PSU. So if thats what they're thinking, its best just to go for the text based setup.

"Smaller community?"

Let me preface this by saying that I'm not trying to start a flame war. by 'smaller community', I think Saner means in relation to the approx. 103.6 million* PS2's shipped so far -- along with the unfathomable sea of PC's on the market.

"Not to mention there's more players on Halo 2 online total than there is on other console's online features."

Do you have numbers on that? Also, how many of the Halo 2 players are on Xbox vs. Xbox360? ...Just to put that statement into perspective, the estimated 6 million Xbox Live users that you've suggested by this fall would equate to about 5.5% of the total PS2 user base. Of those users, that number is then fragmented between Xbox and Xbox 360 users. It should also be noted that Halo 2 is a huge game. While I hope that PSU would be as popular; I think that we'll have to wait to see if those type of numbers pop-up on the 360 PSU.

I personally like the Xbox 360 a lot. I think that Live is the nicest online format devised for consoles so far. However; if the servers are separated for PSU on the 360, there is a chance that the population may suffer in relation to the PS2/PC servers. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Playstation_2

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pure-chan on 2006-07-03 14:16 ]</font>

Sevenfold
Jul 3, 2006, 05:48 PM
Unless PSU sells like hot cakes Pure-chan the xbox 360 community WILL suffer from having separate servers.

-Crokar-
Jul 3, 2006, 06:00 PM
if the 360 version had a demo of at least offline mode then people would actually play it and see that if its good or not then buy it or not. seriously there is quite a few games i thought i would never buy but i played the demo and loved the game so i bought it. at least 4 games i bought because of demos.

and they could do a beta for 360 just like they did with FFXI through OXM

zandra117
Jul 3, 2006, 06:42 PM
How many people actually play PS2 online right now?
Most of the xbox community plays online.

I think that the xbox360 online PSU community might be around the same size as the online PC and PS2 community.

The polls taken here don't really count because the only people that are registered at this site are hardcore pso fans with .net email adresses. someone that is simply just interested in the game will not post here because they wouldnt go through the trouble to get a .net email adress that most people dont have. They would instead go to IGN or some other game website. In other words the polls here do not include people that are new to the series.

Sev
Jul 3, 2006, 07:50 PM
Bleh... The X360 communitty is big enough, but it's not THAT big. There's a portion of people that CAN'T play PSU, and there's a portion of people that WON'T play PSU.

It's no different for PC and PS2 users. Except for the portion that CAN'T and WON'T play is gonna be smaller, and the number of people that CAN and WILL play is going to be larger. I know alot of people are talking about the game on FFXI already. And I'm spreading the word to a few friends that play WoW and alot of them are thinking about it. This isn't an attack on the Xbox Live communitty, it's just true statements.

Whether it's linked or not link matters more to PSUX then it does to the rest of us anyway. So hopefully it works out for you guys.

Sevenfold
Jul 3, 2006, 07:56 PM
Im going to have to agree wth sev on this one zandra117. And to top it off, there is a larger market with PS2 and PC anyways. Im no 360 hater, I own one myself, its just that PS2 and PC (obviously) have been out longer and have a much larger fan base. True enough that the polls dont matter here, or on any boards imo, but sales figures do not lie either.

Also, 360 does not have near the RPG fan base as PS2 and PC. Everquest, WoW, and the FF series should be example enough. Regardless, I hope they connect the 360 to the ps2/pc servers, the more PSU players, the better imo.

zandra117
Jul 3, 2006, 08:07 PM
yeah but really, who plays ps2 online? most people that get psu on the ps2 will play offline.
That leaves it to just xbox360 and pc. they will probably have the same population.

Saner
Jul 3, 2006, 09:26 PM
well on the Xbox and 360's defense, their online communities are definitely larger than the Gamecube's small community.

it's not even a community really since Nintendo never even pushed for focus on online play for that system, Sega had to do all the work.

but ya, FF11 is one of the many examples of how strong PS2's online community is. and many PS2 online games are free, which encouraged even more poeple to play online. but even for thigns like FF11, thousands upon thousands are willing to pay to play.

and lets not forget countless more own PS2 than any Xbox system or Gamecube system combined.

and that gives a taste of how much larger the online gamers for that system are too,
making it the second largest population of online players next to PC.

Sevenfold
Jul 3, 2006, 09:52 PM
Saner pretty much stole my thunder there.

phunk
Jul 3, 2006, 10:03 PM
I've lost what we were talking about originally... Are we talking about the Xbox live Community as a whole, or just the people that would have some osort of interest in PSU?

Edit: If we are talking about Xbox's online community as a whole then be sure to include PC since Windows Vista will be "LIVE" enabled.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: phunk on 2006-07-03 20:06 ]</font>

phunk
Jul 3, 2006, 10:49 PM
As for the earlier comment I made about there being more players on Halo 2 online alone than say compared to PS2's online network, here's the link:

Halo 2 Online Games Pass Half-Billion Milestone

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/news/2006/0607-halo2passeshalfbillion.htm

It doesn't state the PS2's numbers but I'm still looking for the link that did have the comparison.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: phunk on 2006-07-03 20:49 ]</font>

Sevenfold
Jul 4, 2006, 01:20 AM
An impressive feat to be sure, especially knowing that hundreds of games were mine http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif But -- Games, not players. Truely, not to be undermined, Halo is king of media at the moment, but as far as actual people online at any given moment, Im pretty sure Counter-strike(back in the day)and WoW hold that crown. Ill dig around for some linkage.

Saner
Jul 4, 2006, 02:34 AM
ya but Halo 2 online players doesn't equal the amount of Xbox/360 owners who would pay to play an online RPG.

Halo 2's numbers are just an illusion compared to the size of community a isolated Xbox360 would be like for PSU.

phunk
Jul 4, 2006, 04:20 AM
I agree with you on that Saner. Most of the reason X360 doesn't have as large of a player base for Online RPGs as say PC or PS2 does is much because of what wasn't on X180.

The console lacked, if any, RPGs and Online RPGs. Things look good for X360 in that department later on this year but X180 just didn't have that in focus.

We'll see how large the player base gets once the game has actually been released, but I hope we aren't "Isolated" from other servers like the X180 version was.

Sevenfold
Jul 4, 2006, 10:48 AM
Oh good lord, I thought it was like 5 million... :-/
http://www.krem.com/sharedcontent/ptech/gamereviews2/060306ccdrPTECHgamer.5e5033bf.html

And CS doesnt look like its going to slow down either.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Counter-Strike

It would be fantastic if PSU had these numbers though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sevenfold on 2006-07-04 08:54 ]</font>

Saner
Jul 4, 2006, 11:25 AM
On 2006-07-04 02:20, phunk wrote:
I agree with you on that Saner. Most of the reason X360 doesn't have as large of a player base for Online RPGs as say PC or PS2 does is much because of what wasn't on X180.

The console lacked, if any, RPGs and Online RPGs. Things look good for X360 in that department later on this year but X180 just didn't have that in focus.

We'll see how large the player base gets once the game has actually been released, but I hope we aren't "Isolated" from other servers like the X180 version was.

And THAT may convince me to get it for my Xbox360 IF its server is linked with PS2 and PC. otherwise I'm sticking with PS2. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/pizza.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/hotdog.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/frenchfries.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/burger.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/sprite.gif

It takes too long to explain how a larger community is better. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

but you know I might get it for PS2 anyways since it seems the Xbox360 might be released later (like a month or more) after the other two versions since:

1. they announced the Xbox360 this year, and this game has been in development for the other systems like years before that.

2. the latest trailers show no mention of Xbox360. IT IS coming to Xbox360 but most likely later.
And I'm not gonna wait extra for the X360 version if the PS2 version is already in stores. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Shodan1028
Jul 4, 2006, 05:06 PM
I don't know, with the new Windows Vista, they're doing cross platform stuff with games like Shadowrun and Forza 2, So the PSU servers might not be linked right away, but i wouldn't count it all out.

I'm buying it for 360 anyway- i need the gamerpoints

Tystys
Jul 4, 2006, 11:44 PM
Amazing how a simple question that could've only taken one reply has spanned 3 pages long.

Itachi_Uchiha
Jul 4, 2006, 11:52 PM
it comes out for 360 october 24 it will have voice chat thanks to the fact the sideboard on it can chat with people even if the game doesnt have it itself

ajenteks
Jul 4, 2006, 11:58 PM
On 2006-07-04 21:52, Itachi_Uchiha wrote:
it comes out for 360 october 24

Any PSU release date that's not on here (http://www.sega.com/games/game_temp.php?game=psu) is a wild-ass guess at best.

Vetto
Jul 5, 2006, 03:23 AM
I was about to make this thread glad some one confrimed already for me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

It may Take longer, And probly kill me a little inside to have to wait for Psu but i dunno my ps2 can't go online and haveing to fight for a PC to get on psu means i need to get the 360 verson.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vetto on 2006-07-05 01:27 ]</font>

spleenmuncher
Jul 5, 2006, 01:26 PM
Do we have a release date for the 360? What about the PC version? If so what is it?

tank1
Jul 5, 2006, 01:29 PM
*Rips hair from head and back hands SpleenMuncher*

spleenmuncher
Jul 5, 2006, 03:34 PM
totally my bad.... thanks for knocking sense into me tank

tank1
Jul 5, 2006, 05:44 PM
lol anytime dude (:

Cetus
Jul 6, 2006, 04:22 AM
More i read about the Xbox 360 version of phantasy star universe been linked to ps2and pc more i am scare at what i learn http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif. Phantasy Star Universe was one of the reason why i wanted a Xbox 360,the other where other games,and i chose it because firstly i doesn't trust my computer of not having a bug while i play, secondly because i thought on long term as if i would have take ps2 it would have been the money lost for only one game and a controler i don't like really much.I hope it will be server linked and hope when they said it will be Xbox Live they meaned it as the internet acces on the console ,and not the seragrated mode of playing.and if we are seragrated i hope they will updated as much as the other platform

Ka0s
Jul 6, 2006, 05:17 AM
IGN says that it's coming October 24 U.S. but Gamespot says its coming to 360 Q2 2007 U.S. so who knows

EnixBelmont
Jul 6, 2006, 09:22 AM
I'm going to get both PS2 and PC versions if they allow you to use the same account for both systems. If they dont, just PC for me most likely. I'll only get the 360 version if the servers are linked. And if you can use the same account for the same servers on all platforms, I'll get all 3, plus the PS2 import XD