PDA

View Full Version : The death of Section I.D.'s?

PALRAPPYS
Jul 2, 2006, 12:08 PM
Will section I.D.'s be returning? I doubt everyone could find all items. Is that how it will work? I liked section I.D.'s personally...it gave you some more reasons to make more characters. So what are your thoughts?

Kyuu
Jul 2, 2006, 12:30 PM
Section IDs were terrible, and getting rid of them was a big improvement.

Kers
Jul 2, 2006, 12:30 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2368

It's FAQ.

And Quote "3.17: Are there section IDs?
A: It appears Section IDs have been abolished."

ajenteks
Jul 2, 2006, 12:58 PM
I'm gonna miss them. I liked section IDs, particularly after that one guy came up with the dropcharts. Instead of being exposed to the monotony of all rare items dropping, it was a narrower selection. There'd be nothing worse than seeing a Zele drop a redbox only to have it be some crap saber or something.

Chaos_Knight
Jul 2, 2006, 12:59 PM
There was nothing worse then thinking up a good name for your hucast and it turning out to have a pinkal section ID.

Saner
Jul 2, 2006, 01:00 PM
not everyone likes developing more than 1 character.

everyone should have the right, no matter what they are, to find any items/rares in the game.

ajenteks
Jul 2, 2006, 01:02 PM
On 2006-07-02 11:00, Saner wrote:

everyone should have the right, no matter what they are, to find any items/rares in the game.

Everyone who could make friends had that right I thought http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Spellbinder
Jul 2, 2006, 01:34 PM
That is true, but some people like to find things themselves. And it cuts down the hassle of rolling up new characters with different ID's just to cover bases. Now we can play whatever we want and know that if we work at it, we can get the things we're after I suppose.

TheyCallMeJoe
Jul 2, 2006, 01:54 PM
I personally liked the concept of Section IDs. From my point of view, playing online requires that you have some sort of personal individuality in your character. That might come from his/her appearance, class, etc...and Section IDs was one of those things. Because people could rely on you to get items for trade and such. Now EVERYBODY can get the same thing and it globs everybody into the same mass of players who can all achieve the exact same goal.

I would rather have Section IDs just for some variety...even if they don't affect drops. After all, when I look at someone's profile I like seeing what Section ID their characters are...intead of just seeing a plain name. It spices things up for me.

DizzyDi
Jul 2, 2006, 01:59 PM
On 2006-07-02 11:54, TheyCallMeJoe wrote:
Now EVERYBODY can get the same thing and it globs everybody into the same mass of players who can all achieve the exact same goal.

Since when is that a bad thing? Even with the fact that everyone can get the same rares. With the way grinding and synthesizing works out now only the most dedicated and knowledgable players will have the BEST rares.

ANIMEniac
Jul 2, 2006, 03:35 PM
On 2006-07-02 11:54, TheyCallMeJoe wrote:

I would rather have Section IDs just for some variety...even if they don't affect drops.

i liked the idea of section ID's not for the drops but for the idea of the story. I always thought of a section ID as having a sertaint section you reported to as a hunter. It would have been better if each section had a unique leader that made sure everything and body in that section ran smoothly.

but personaly, i never let my section ID determin the cheracter, i named them what i wanted to and hoped for the best. there was one time that i wanted a veridia and made that on purpose, but that was it really. but in terms of using it as a story. my 2 main chars, Rina and Jace Tridwell, bouth wound up as purplenum. so in the stoires i made they were training partners and blah blah blah...

Rubesahl
Jul 2, 2006, 03:37 PM
I liked the Section ID thing http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I wouldn't mind if it were there just for show http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

PALRAPPYS
Jul 2, 2006, 03:41 PM
I thought they were kinda cool. Mainly for drops but that's me. Oh well I wanted to see your opinions.

Sevenfold
Jul 2, 2006, 04:30 PM
Section IDs were absolutely retarded. How is somone new supposed to know that the IDs generate a particular breed of rares? As far as the casual gamer goes, I cant see the point.

As stated above though..."Since when is that a bad thing? Even with the fact that everyone can get the same rares. With the way grinding and synthesizing works out now only the most dedicated and knowledgable players will have the BEST rares."

In which, that idea, I like. Just me though.

Kyuu
Jul 2, 2006, 07:17 PM
On 2006-07-02 13:37, Rubesahl wrote:
I liked the Section ID thing http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I wouldn't mind if it were there just for show http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Aye, it's the way it determines the drops you're allowed to find completely arbitrarily that I didn't like. I do like the Section ID thing if that part is left out, though.

AvianKaitos
Jul 2, 2006, 07:35 PM
I like section IDs, they emphasized the importance for item trade. It gave online play an advantage over offline play this way. But if you were unfortunate enough to get a crappy section ID like yellowboze, with meseta being worthless it’s a bit of a drag when it comes to trading.http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Kyuu
Jul 2, 2006, 07:48 PM
Section IDs are not needed to encourage item trade. People are always going to get different drops, with less people having the rarer items and more people having the more common items, which will set their values accordingly, and trade will ensue.

PhotonCat
Jul 3, 2006, 12:35 AM
Section IDs SUCKED. I am glad they are gone.

Nothing worse than looking up some item chart, seeing a cool weapon and saying "Oh cool, I want!" then finding out you need some ID that's not on you. So you either had two options: Stalking lobbies for eons trying to find a trade(if you could go online) or lvl up some other character.

No thanks.

Vetsent
Jul 3, 2006, 12:49 AM
Taking out ID's will reduce gameplay length by a major amount of hours.I liked it in the sense that it encouraged me to make my Ramar Snake,who I find funner than my original Racast at times.

Sgt_Shligger
Jul 3, 2006, 02:01 AM
Sections IDs have good and bad things. The coolest thing was that made you an individual. They promoted trade for a short time (until dupes hacks etc.). They had a major downside because they affected your drops and you had no control of it after you made your character. It would have been better if you chose your section ID and they told you what it was good for. That would also have downsides but it could be looked at like a "guild" sourt of thing.

Zinsian
Jul 3, 2006, 04:16 AM
I hated Section ID's. It made everyone crazy about rares and what to name their characters. Personally i think, having NO section ids gives a more realistic flow. I hate knowing what the next monster will drop cause of the SDs. With its removal you'll be placed in great anxiety. Who cares if your a LvL 180 hunter and all you ever found were Force weapons. maybe thats the way its supposed to be. Maybe your supposed to find a force character who keeps finding hunter weapons and trade with her/him. Maybe you two should hunt together or keep in great contact since you both can help each other. Anyone getting what im saying ???

Ryna
Jul 3, 2006, 04:33 AM
Personally, I'm glad there will not be any Section IDs in PSU. In PSO, trying to find someone with a particular Section ID could be a frustrating experience as the game's popularity started to wane. That was especially true for the horror that was the Section ID Master-sidequest for the Maximum Attack Version 2 quests.

Pure-chan
Jul 3, 2006, 10:24 AM
I'm glad to see that section ID's are gone. It was no fun having to adjust your name with spaces and characters just to avoid being stuck with Bluefull. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Shiro_Ryuu
Jul 3, 2006, 12:00 PM
I hated the section id and taking it out was the second best thing that has happened to the PS games since the removal of dropping your weapon when you die.

SubstanceD
Jul 3, 2006, 12:37 PM
I have nothing against Section I.D's but I did/do hate the way they were linked to your charcters name. All of the names I wanted to use ended up giving me an un-desireable Section I.D. That forced me to stick to a handfull of character names.

kassy
Jul 3, 2006, 12:39 PM
Section IDS were terrible, Sonic Team originally said they were implemented to promote trading, but the IDs were completely imbalanced, even to date on Blue Burst the newly created drops are still completely imbalanced, now throw duping into the mix and it makes a bad thing worse.

No section IDs is a great move in my opinion, Kyuu summed it up nicely...

On 2006-07-02 17:48, Kyuu wrote:
Section IDs are not needed to encourage item trade. People are always going to get different drops, with less people having the rarer items and more people having the more common items, which will set their values accordingly, and trade will ensue.

EDIT: spelling.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kassy on 2006-07-03 10:39 ]</font>