PDA

View Full Version : ****america

Giiven
Jul 5, 2006, 12:18 AM
seriously.
fourth of july is the stupidest holiday ever.
america is so screwed up, it doesn't even deserve to have a holiday anymore. i mean, so many people don't even know what it's for.
just another excuse to get fucking dead-drunk and blow your hands off with ugly paper boxes that shoot out lights. o_O

EDIT: Save the profanity for the thread, not the title.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2006-07-31 18:43 ]</font>

navci
Jul 5, 2006, 12:20 AM
Isn't that true for just about any holiday?
Tell me who knows the "real" meaning about Christmas anymore?

Giiven
Jul 5, 2006, 12:22 AM
i hate christmas also.
don't even get me started.
-hugest atheist ever-

ABDUR101
Jul 5, 2006, 12:27 AM
A winner is you!

Actually, my brother blew his hand apart on New Years, and he wasn't even drunk, the fuse was just alittle too short and burned extremely quick.

Trust me, we americans get shitfaced every day of the week, we don't need a holiday as an excuse. I do it proper, with vodka.

ajenteks
Jul 5, 2006, 12:29 AM
On 2006-07-04 22:18, Giiven wrote:
seriously.
america is so screwed up, it doesn't even deserve to have a holiday anymore. i mean, so many people don't even know what it's for.
just another excuse to get fucking dead-drunk and blow your hands off with ugly paper boxes that shoot out lights. o_O

Hey, at least you're free enough to bitch and complain right? It's amazing how many countries sound so great because their citizens aren't allowed to talk out about how bad it is.

TheyCallMeJoe
Jul 5, 2006, 12:37 AM
Lol @ Abdur...
But yes, the grotesqueries of American conception are evident. Holidays? Nah. Just excuses to leave work, light things on fire, or get presents. The only untouchable holiday: Halloween. Nobody can take it for granted because nobody knows why the hell it started http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

-EDIT-
typed in Abdur's name wrong -_-. It appears the vodka has rubbed of on me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheyCallMeJoe on 2006-07-04 22:38 ]</font>

Dangerous55
Jul 5, 2006, 12:59 AM
Once again, America is evil, the rest of the world is paradise.

Come on dickweed, don't follow what others do. Why do you celebrate the Fourth? You shouldnt stop because you think others are doing it wrong.

AzureBlaze
Jul 5, 2006, 01:14 AM
Holidays are different in different parts of the country.
This area of Florida is full of family times with picnics & bbq at the beach, followed by a local band outdoor concert at the shore stage with patriotic music & uncle sam, and city sponsored boat-launch fireworks show at 9. It has free shuttles and cops on every corner. Thousands always attend and have fun. It's the same each year.

It is always sad to see a holiday go wrong--but know this: not everyone disrespects it, not everyone has a horrible time. It still stands for what it's supposed to in many areas. It can stand for what it's supposed to again. Many people remember independence, and if you enjoy your life in the USA EVER then at that point you enjoyed its independence too, even if no one was thinking directly about it. They fought for it so you can have a good time, and if you do...there's a success.

Holidays are reminders, they help you remember without dominating your life.
Christmas is about the spirit of giving, now. The Christians started it, but it seems to have gotten out of hand. It has a secularity about it, which makes Christmas a holiday for everyone to share. It was about Christ at one point, and can still be used that way, but it's evolved into something more people can share with Santa, Holly, Deer, Stockings, Shows, Trees, and parties. All those emphasize giving, happyness, togetherness and good things which are not necisarily religious-inspired. But that does not make them less good.

Yeah the idiots of USA get a lot of press, like 'who doesnt know the anthem' but it's like evil teens getting a lot of bad press. People who are average, smart, and do good...well no one cares about them. It's just not news.

So don't pay attention to the news when it tells you people are dumbs, bin laden is escaping, the world is in trouble etc...there's nothing you can do to fix dumbs, catch binladen or stop quakes. But what you CAN do is make your life as good as you can, help people who deserve it, set out to make a whole ton of money, and just be good.

Because if everyone did that...

Solstis
Jul 5, 2006, 02:05 AM
Christmas = Roman attempt at pacifying the masses (I believe). Wasn't really a Christian holiday to begin with.

Holidays are created to make money, get the economy flowing. All that mushy crap is just introduced to justify it.

Blitzkommando
Jul 5, 2006, 02:41 AM
On 2006-07-04 22:59, Dangerous55 wrote:
Once again, America is evil, the rest of the world is paradise.

Come on dickweed, don't follow what others do. Why do you celebrate the Fourth? You shouldnt stop because you think others are doing it wrong.

"It's all Ronald Reagan's fault when he killed all of the dinosaurs!"

While I'm not saying that people haven't commercialized holidays, I will say that most people still know exactly why the holidays were created and celebrate them because of that.

But, eh... if I let people like the OP get to me when they spout forth the excrement that comes with free speech I would be dead from heart failure. I've learned to just ignore those people as it takes far less energy to ignore than it does to yell back only to be ignored in turn by them (or attacked back in an endless cycle of, frankly, stupidity from both parties involved).

merrycherry9
Jul 5, 2006, 03:01 AM
Just be glad we get to celebrate Independence Day. Some contries cant have an independence day because the people dont have the freedom America does. I realize that some people forget about what its about but as long as there's still someone who remembers then the holiday still has a good purpose.

Solstis
Jul 5, 2006, 10:06 AM
Oh, I do believe that you meant to say "America... Fuck Yeah."

Hey, and some of those boxes are pretty. Nothing like the sound of the sewer system rattling as you set off your private (block party) exhibition.

The_Pea_Guy
Jul 5, 2006, 11:31 AM
seriously.

I agree. Because people are so wrapped up in this peaceful era (actually, it's still a battlefield living in a peaceful society without having to be in a war: drugs, racism, rape, etc), they easily neglect the past sacrifices that were made for the benefit of whatever nation. But that's how future generations are -- we all take the past for granted. That's just... life.

And if people want to drink alcohol, then let them. I abhor the use of alcohol because I no longer enjoy it, but let the people have their fun since they've worked hard at their studies/jobs and they want to relax and chill for awhile, even if it makes the importance of a special day meaningless. Everyone deserves that.

CupOfCoffee
Jul 5, 2006, 01:40 PM
seriously.

i hate christmas also.
don't even get me started.

So basically, you're against smiles. And probably hugs, too. Man, I hear you on the hugs, though. Stupidest expression of affection ever. Love is so screwed up it doesn't even deserve to be shown with hugs.

Seriously, if you want to be one of those skinny guys girls in her mid 20s with black hair, black clothes, and black poetry who dropped out of college because it was "too structured" and now spends most of her days complaining about societal woes to her cronies in a Starbucks, be my guest. Just don't start threads on PSOW called "fuck america" because people like to have fun and light fireworks. That only makes you part of the problem with America--a taker advantage of the first amendment. Now GTFO Navi's internets.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CupOfCoffee on 2006-07-05 12:13 ]</font>

isahn80
Jul 5, 2006, 01:43 PM
Modern Holidays are completely commercialized and blown out of proportion, and I agree that many people don't know what they're for. I mean, Christmas was originally a Pagan holiday!

As for the "Fuck America" shit? I'll be the FIRST to admit the U.S. has its fair share of problems and then some, but seriously... I mean, I used to think America was the most fucked up place on Earth... and then I went vacationing in Mexico....
Yeah. The conditions people live in down there are sickening. Things we take for granted like electricity, running water and even toilet paper are luxeries there. Same goes for most third-world countries. Sure, Europe, Canada, Australia and even some Asian countries like Japan seem golden by comparison to America, but I assure you if you lived there you'd find plenty to bitch about.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: isahn80 on 2006-07-05 11:49 ]</font>

Charmander02
Jul 5, 2006, 03:20 PM
Yeah well here in Canada it's cold.

"Fuck America Canada"

navci
Jul 5, 2006, 04:09 PM
On 2006-07-05 11:40, CupOfCoffee wrote:
So basically, you're against smiles. And probably hugs, too. Man, I hear you on the hugs, though. Stupidest expression of affection ever. Love is so screwed up it doesn't even deserve to be shown with hugs.

XDXDXD
Ya. I demand hugs be banned.

Now GTFO Navi's internets.

Yay.

Saraphim
Jul 5, 2006, 05:34 PM
seriously.

Good lord, someone must have shoved a firecracker up your ass when you were little on the 4th of July. I mean seriously, do you hate our forefathers (assuming you are American) for fighting for our liberation from the British? Or perhaps you just hate yourself because you hate holidays and wish others to feel the same. Either way I pity you, as I see you being one of those people that blows him/herself away on Christmas to make a point, only to be forgotten about a week later.

Now stick that in your pipe and smoke it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Dre_o
Jul 5, 2006, 06:52 PM
So, would you rather NOT live in America?.....Would you rather live in Communist North Korea?.....Africa?....Asia?.....SIBERIA?????.....

Didn't think so. It is true that most people have forgotten what our holiday's are about, but this quote from an unknown person at the 4th of July party up the street will sum up how people in this free land feel:

God Bless America

Oh and GTFO of Navi's internets.

K-Morfos
Jul 5, 2006, 07:43 PM
seriously.

LOL! One time, there was a police car that had to drive on the beach just to control all the illegal fireworks here in Cali. Cali has uptight laws when it comes to fireworks so...

K-Morfos
Jul 5, 2006, 07:49 PM
On 2006-07-05 11:43, isahn80 wrote:
Modern Holidays are completely commercialized and blown out of proportion, and I agree that many people don't know what they're for. I mean, Christmas was originally a Pagan holiday!

As for the "Fuck America" shit? I'll be the FIRST to admit the U.S. has its fair share of problems and then some, but seriously... I mean, I used to think America was the most fucked up place on Earth... and then I went vacationing in Mexico....
Yeah. The conditions people live in down there are sickening. Things we take for granted like electricity, running water and even toilet paper are luxeries there. Same goes for most third-world countries. Sure, Europe, Canada, Australia and even some Asian countries like Japan seem golden by comparison to America, but I assure you if you lived there you'd find plenty to bitch about.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: isahn80 on 2006-07-05 11:49 ]</font>

Your right about Mexico being much more screwed up than here. The fact that migrant workers are willing to stay in America despite how disdainful it is of them expresses that quite well. Americans practically treat migrants the way the NAZIs treated Jews, yet they still prefer America over Mexico. Mexico must be hell on Earth.

And yes, Europe, Canada, and parts of Asia seem ideal compared to America. I would actually prefer to live in one of the countries, but their problems include:

Asia is extremely crowded
Europe & Canada can be boring
Australia is too rowdy
etc...

But my complaints about America include:

Too Uptight and Moralistic
Too Economically Unequal
Too Militaristic
Too Nationalistic
Too Conformists
etc...

To be honest, America the country is fine despite its problems. However, I cannot stand the people who live here generally.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: K-Morfos on 2006-07-05 17:53 ]</font>

Shigecki
Jul 5, 2006, 08:18 PM
On 2006-07-05 17:49, K-Morfos wrote:
The fact that migrant workers are willing to stay in America despite how disdainful it is of them expresses that quite well. Americans practically treat migrants the way the NAZIs treated Jews, yet they still prefer America over Mexico. Mexico must be hell on Earth.

Wow I must have missed all the death camps. If we treated migrant workers the way that Nazi Germany treated the jews we wouldn't have an illegal immigrant discussion. They would nearly be wiped from the face of the Earth. Hitler nearly killed off the European Jew. I think he killed off about 3/4 of the population. I don't remember doing that. I think that would be something that I would have remembered.

I live in Phoenix, AZ. There are still plenty of migrant workers here. Legal or otherwise.

I don't know of anyone who hates the migrant worker or feels they aren't worthy of staying here. My neighbors are migrant workers. I have no ill-feelings twords them.

I think you mean illegal immigrants. Even so, I don't remember any illegal immigrant death camps. In todays age, this isn't something that would or could be kept secret.

This is by far the most ignorant comment I have read on PSOWorld ever. I've been a member for going on 4 years now, and have read alot of ignorant statements. Congratulations.

Jive18
Jul 5, 2006, 08:50 PM
This topic is just fucking stupid. "Fuck America" over a damn holiday?

How about taking some time to be grateful for living in a country that allows us freedom. I'm not a patriot by any means, but understanding just how much better your life is simply for being born here is something you really need to ponder for awhile.

Skorpius
Jul 5, 2006, 11:09 PM
No one complained about Cinco de Mayo.

That's "Fifth of May" for those who are Spanish-declined. It's basically the same thing, but for Mexico.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2006-07-05 21:10 ]</font>

K-Morfos
Jul 6, 2006, 12:50 AM
On 2006-07-05 18:50, Jive18 wrote:
This topic is just fucking stupid. "Fuck America" over a damn holiday?

How about taking some time to be grateful for living in a country that allows us freedom. I'm not a patriot by any means, but understanding just how much better your life is simply for being born here is something you really need to ponder for awhile.

Compared to where? America is nor the worst or the greatest. Actually, it all comes down to opinion.

K-Morfos
Jul 6, 2006, 12:55 AM
On 2006-07-05 18:18, Shigecki wrote:

The fact that migrant workers are willing to stay in America despite how disdainful it is of them expresses that quite well. Americans practically treat migrants the way the NAZIs treated Jews, yet they still prefer America over Mexico. Mexico must be hell on Earth.

Wow I must have missed all the death camps. If we treated migrant workers the way that Nazi Germany treated the jews we wouldn't have an illegal immigrant discussion. They would nearly be wiped from the face of the Earth. Hitler nearly killed off the European Jew. I think he killed off about 3/4 of the population. I don't remember doing that. I think that would be something that I would have remembered.

I live in Phoenix, AZ. There are still plenty of migrant workers here. Legal or otherwise.

I don't know of anyone who hates the migrant worker or feels they aren't worthy of staying here. My neighbors are migrant workers. I have no ill-feelings twords them.

I think you mean illegal immigrants. Even so, I don't remember any illegal immigrant death camps. In todays age, this isn't something that would or could be kept secret.

This is by far the most ignorant comment I have read on PSOWorld ever. I've been a member for going on 4 years now, and have read alot of ignorant statements. Congratulations.

Ok, I was exagerating. No, we don't put them in "death camps". However, it is common for Americans to view them as evil criminals. Americans (pirticularly Californians) tend to scapegoat undocumented immigrants for our poverty, crime, etc... Scapegoating of course, was a popular Nazi tactic. Despite them being victims of presumptous scapegoating, they still prefer America over Mexico. That was my point.

PS: 80% of crops in California were harvested by illegals. If they dissapeared, vegetable prices would sky rocket, and California would become poorer due to a lack of having a cheaper food market than other states. Also, immigrants often cases take the place of citizens as being the downtrought. Because they are downtrought, less other people are downtrought.

Jive18
Jul 6, 2006, 09:11 PM
On 2006-07-05 22:50, K-Morfos wrote:

Compared to where? America is nor the worst or the greatest. Actually, it all comes down to opinion.

Compared to places like Africa, where most of us (if born there) would have a life full of poverty, hunger, and Aids. I never said America was necessarily the best, but it sure does allow its citizens the opportunity to fufill the most basic needs in life (in general).

Not opinion, fact.

Eros17
Jul 12, 2006, 07:45 PM
seriously.

Most holidays true meanings have been lost but it's what you make of them. Stop being such a hardass.

-memoru-
Jul 12, 2006, 09:37 PM
On 2006-07-06 19:11, Jive18 wrote:

On 2006-07-05 22:50, K-Morfos wrote:

Compared to places like Africa, where most of us (if born there) would have a life full of poverty, hunger, and Aids. I never said America was necessarily the best, but it sure does allow its citizens the opportunity to fufill the most basic needs in life (in general).

Not opinion, fact.

Stop dissing Africa! xD Respect the motherland. And not all of Africa is poor. -defends Africa- Considering how much of our gems and metals are actually mined there, i don't really understand why they aren't in better condition.

DikkyRay
Jul 12, 2006, 09:44 PM

seriously.
Are you a communist or something?

america is so screwed up, it doesn't even deserve to have a holiday anymore. i mean, so many people don't even know what it's for.Wow, are you retarded? The fourth of July is like the first holiday (if you live in America) That you learn about. Man, you must live in a hole or something.

Wow, First, i have NEVER seen anyone get drunk on the fourth of July. I have been to many public places, no drunks. Its called respect for your country. You obviously are a hick who lives in a hole and emerged to see a red-neck brother blow off his arm with a fire cracker. Oh wait, not even RED-NECKS do that! Plus those "ugly paper boxes that shoot out lights" Are very pretty to some people

All in all, if you hate America because of the fourth of July, LEAVE! We don't want you here. Do you know how many people died to give you freedom to celebrate the Fourth of July!?!?! Oh, wait, you don't. You live in a hole. Well for all the people who do know and RESPECT this country happy fourth about 1 week late lol

Soinkus
Jul 12, 2006, 09:49 PM

Europe & Canada can be boring

Just... wow..

You remind me of the people that said they'd move when Bush was elected into office. I'm not pro Bush, but I'm not abandoning my country because I don't agree with him.

but I'm not going to say I'm leaving, and not have the nuts to get up and do it.

Seriously, if you don't like America, then leave?

The only thing stopping you from leaving is yourself.

Dahilia
Jul 22, 2006, 02:59 AM
Christmas used to be Winter Solstice (which is still celebrated on the 21st of December, when winter actually comes). Like many pagan religions, the Romans altered a lot of holidays, like Easter, to get more christian converts.

And I like 4th of July because I like the history as well as food and gunpowder sometimes mixed together.

K-Morfos
Jul 31, 2006, 08:00 PM
On 2006-07-22 00:59, Dahilia wrote:
Christmas used to be Winter Solstice (which is still celebrated on the 21st of December, when winter actually comes). Like many pagan religions, the Romans altered a lot of holidays, like Easter, to get more christian converts.

And I like 4th of July because I like the history as well as food and gunpowder sometimes mixed together.

Christians like to take credit for everything. :/

Ryna
Jul 31, 2006, 08:44 PM
Considering the OP hasn't visited the site in almost a month and the fact we have another "Anti-America" thread going on, I am going to lock this thread.