PDA

View Full Version : 360, ps2, pc question

Blade21
Jul 5, 2006, 12:50 PM
WOW I haven't posted for a while. After pso kind of went dead, and the whole card revolution thing came out, I thought this game was over.

After seeing some vids of psu, however, its gonna be time to put this site back on bookmark.

Anyways my question is, I know its been basically confirmed that ps2 users and pc users will be able to play together, but does that also hold true for the 360 as well?

Please don't make me buy a ps2.

tank1
Jul 5, 2006, 12:58 PM
The 360 will be seperate from the other two servers e.g PS2 and PC

hypersaxon
Jul 5, 2006, 01:57 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/phantasy-star-universe-e3-2006-takao-miyoshi.php

PSOW: Let's talk about the different platforms that PSU will be available on. It was recently announced that PSU would be released for the Xbox 360. We found out shortly afterwards that the plan was to have the Xbox 360 servers separated from the PC and PS2 servers, which have already been confirmed to be linked. Has this decision been finalized?

Takao Miyoshi: It is actually something that is not finalized.

Deaf360
Jul 5, 2006, 02:04 PM
yea it is not havent final about linked but xbox 360 version is conforimed and all we have to pray b/c later in Paris they will have japan games show there if not then wait later lol to know the answer

Sevenfold
Jul 5, 2006, 04:42 PM
If nothing else Blade21, atleast the PS2 is relatively cheap now O_o

Blitzkommando
Jul 5, 2006, 04:51 PM
I wouldn't hold your breath on it. Sega has already announced some pretty stupid decisions about the direction they are taking the servers and one more stupid decision would make sense. I find it unfortunate how PSO started out as a way for the world to be able to play one game and yet has become yet another regionalized ORPG (I don't feel it qualifies for 'massively multiplayer' as teams are very small compared to community size and how teams are unable to 'meet up'). I for one had a handful of pretty good Japanese friends on PSOGC and found myself to enjoy playing with random JPs as we called them than random people on the other servers.

I'll probably still be getting it, but I'm feeling it might be another repeat of PSOBB and the regionalized servers there. Blue Burst was fun, but I just never cared for not being able to see some of my friends just because I live in the 'wrong' country.

Blade21
Jul 5, 2006, 05:07 PM
Agreed. In my mind even though they haven't announced it yet, I see it as 360 users getting their servers seperated from everyone else.

How did Sony do it, give piles of money to Sega and get their servers co-ordinated with pc users?

Final question : On the 360, you think there will be the classic 5 second voice lag between when you say something to your friend, and when he actually hears it?

Sevenfold
Jul 5, 2006, 05:37 PM
Most likely, some people just have seriously crappy connections. Broadband or not.

zandra117
Jul 5, 2006, 06:08 PM
I think that the voice lag in psox was due to the fact that the PSOX US and EU servers were located somewhere in Europe. Everything you said had to be transferred across the atlantic then directed to the other people in the room and then transferred across the atlantic again.

If I am correct then the EU server of PSOX shouldnt be as bad as US with the voice lag.

Hopefully this doesnt happen in PSUX.